Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A Bit of a Fright (Aspalath/Baihath + riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:24 pm
Sneak sneak sneak.

Sneak sneak sneak.

The good thing about being oh so very small was that it made being sneaky a breeze! Most of his siblings were not here at Western with him... but that was alright! That just meant he had to play more with the ones that were here! Baihath's little nostrils flared as he caught the scent of his brother, and he continued to inch through the barracks with purpose. Surely Aspalath wanted to play, right? Baihath would beg if he had to!

The blue appeared to be near his rider's assigned cot... and so Baihath froze, beginning to wiggle his hindquarters furiously. Almost ready... almost ready... NOW! With a delighted peep, the tiny white pounced on his larger brother, his eyes whirling with a myriad of blues and greens.

I found you! He chortled gleefully... not really minding the fact that the blue didn't know they'd even been playing a game to begin with.

Sinders Path
I'm assuming some things so if this is not okay, please smack me and I will adjust!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:05 pm
Aspalath was half under his riders cot. He usually tucked himself completely into the hiding spot but he was dozing lightly in the warm rays of the sun filtered through the window so his back half was exposed. His back legs sprawled to either side while his tail curled and occasionally twitched in some half dream. For a change he was calm and content.

Erastan stood a few meters away leaning over one of the wash basin's in the room, cleaning his hands of blood and grim that were part and parcel of giving a dragonlet good freshly butchered meat.
Neither dragon or newly minted rider were paying much attention. As Erastan had been the first to finish his assigned chore he had thought he would have the barrcks to himself. At least for a while.

Of course the peace and quiet could not last long.

Aspalath screamed when Baihath pounced him, there was no other way of describing the sound. His eyes swirled white in terror and he shot up with his wings flared, throwing the light cot half way across the room at the same time.

He bolted terrified for his rider.
Erastan of course had reacted instantly upon his partners terror. He held out his arms and Aspalath fled into them, curling against his scrawny chest and trembling like a leaf.

If looks could kill the glare that Erastan fixed onto the white would have seen his bones shatter and his lungs ripped out.
Someone was in trouble.

Tsunake

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:13 pm
The scream was enough to send Baihath scrambling off in panic, his eyes as milky as his hide as he whipped around with an arched spine, not unlike a terrified cat. It wasn't long before Alya burst into the barracks, half out of her mind with panic due to her hatchling's terror. "What happened?!" She didn't even bother to look at the boy and the blue for a moment, dropping to her knees and quickly scooping up the baby. I wanted to play! He wailed, not bothering to make his words private. I didn't mean to scare him!

"Shh, shh..." She soothed, cradling him almost fiercely. "It's alright. I know you didn't." She met the other weyrling's glare with a steady look of her own, unflinching. "I'm sorry." Alya said simply. "All he ever wants to do is play. He didn't mean to scare--" Aspalath. He offered a touch mournfully. "Aspalath."

I am sorry, brother... The white creeled unhappily. I only wanted to play.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:00 pm
Erastan didn't have the compassion in him to be worried about another dragon when his own was still a shaking mess. He soothed him with gentle hands and the blue slowly uncurled as the reality of the situation. Once he felt that the hatchling was calmer he stood up.

"Maybe teach him not to jump people who are sleeping." He told the girl coldly. Considering he was barley 5,5 and was skinny enough to make a good dragon tooth pick he gave the words more weight of menace than they probably deserved.

Aspalath was slowly picking himself up and gathering his thoughts into logical process again. Despite the fact that he was still hidden behind Erastan's legs with his eyes whirling yellow he managed to stammer out a shaky mental response. It's okay. Don't hate me. I forgive you.

Erastan was less willing to be forgiving but in the end he folded to his dragons desires. "Yea, it's fine." he echoed without conviction. "Now, just move out of the doorway, we'll leave."

Tsunake

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm
"I"ll try!" She said earnestly, her big eyes wide. In truth, she planned to do absolutely nothing of the sort, other than remind Baihath that he needed to tell her before he snuck off and gave her a heart attack. Standing only 5'2" herself, Alya knew she was hardly an imposing figure--hence why it was much easier to play dumb and silly.

I could never hate you! Baihath was shocked at the thought, immediately pushing a huge wave of love and affection towards his blue brother. I promise I won't sneak up on you again! He said, his eyes immediately whirling blue and green again. Things were okay, see? He knew they would be!

"Leave? Alya asked timidly, looking between the two dragons. "But isn't it important that they bond now? You know, so when they're having to fight side by side...?" She turned those big eyes on him again, uncertain and hopeful all at once.

Yes, she was going to make you stay even if it killed you, boy. Just see if she didn't!

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:39 pm
Aspalath was thankful for the whites platitudes and sweetness but he was still quite convinced there was something wrong with him, a reason why all his clutch sibs would dislike him despite all the said to the contrary
A simple "Thankyou.". was the only fitting response that he could come up with for both statements. I don't hate you either. .
He still wasn't sure what to make of his white brother, all his bouncing and pouncing was very alarming to a nervous little blue.

Erastan looked straight at Alya. Considered her words for few protracted seconds then shook his head. "I don't think we're going to do that." Weather he meant his reply in regards to staying in the room with the white bonded pair, fighting thread at all or fighting together, it was impossible to say.

Either way it didn't stop him from walking up to her and giving her shoulder a rough shove to forcibly remove from his path. As usual Aspalath had returned to being basically surgically attached to Erastans leg. Barley even breaking contact when he moved suddenly.

Tsunake

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:19 pm
Alya had never been shoved before--and the roughness of it was enough to make her stagger. Fear shot through her in an instant, for Baihath was still in her arms, and what if she fell on him? The baby responded instinctively to her alarm, digging his talons into her arms with a startled creel. The girl managed to twist and hit a wall instead to stabilize herself, looking at the departing boy's back with wide eyes.

That wasn't a fun game. Baihath huffed, immediately growing a little sulky. "I know, dear heart." She murmured to him, stroking his wedge-shaped head. "But some people think they know best. That poor little blue is never going to get over his fear that way..."

She'd get up in a moment... once she was sure her knees weren't going to tremble. She certainly hadn't expected that sort of reaction...

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:41 pm
Tsunake

Aspalath was devoted to Erastan, their love for each other was strong even if their bond still had a way to go before it was stabilized, however Baihath was Aspalath's clucth sibling and that meant something to so when his rider shoved Alya and he felt his white brother's alarm he stopped and looked back.
As soon as Erastan stepped forward and felt the heat of his blue's body leave the side of his leg he stopped too and looked back at his bonded.

"I think you alarmed them. Hurt them a little." Aspalath noted to his rider with a frown to his voice.

"They wouldn't move so I moved them, besides, they started it."

"But they might hate us now."

"I don't care. I am used to people hating me. I am fed up with people. no point wasting my time on them. Especially when they hurt you."

Aspalath gently put his nose to Erastan's hand. "I know you care though, if you thought you really hurt them and hated you it would bother you. We have to be careful because I am the weakest out of all my brothers and sisters."

"No, you are the best, the only one that could love me." Erastan replied, the whole exchange was silent but at the end Aspalath's eyes swirled purple with love for his rider and when he turned back to the white pair Erastan didn't try to stop him.
Very shyly Aspalath extended his head and touched his nose to Baihath's tail.
"My rider says sorry, he does not know how to deal with people, but he did not mean to hurt."  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:35 pm
The small white baby immediately brightened when he felt and heard his brother's touch, making sure to (slowly!) turn around so he could press his nose to Aspalath's. Oh! Well, that is okay! We are both alright, aren't we Alyamine? When he relayed his blue brother's message, Alya's dark eyes flickered over to the boy once more, assessing him. Hm.

Slowly, carefully, she let Baihath go and got to her feet, dusting off her knees. "I didn't mean to upset you." She confessed, because she really hadn't expected that sort of reaction. "Or Aspalath, of course. Baihath and I are a little..." She tilted her head for a moment, thinking. "Enthusiastic."

Very. Baihath was trying so hard to remain still and not spook his brother, but couldn't help a few eager little wiggles now and again. See, see? Things are okay!

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 am
Since Erastan was now out of the brackets, more in the open and able to escape if needed he forced himself to ease a degree of tension in his shoulders. But his brows were still furrowed and his over all demeanor made him seem much older than his tender 15 turns.

But once Aspalath had delivered his message he returned to Erastan's side and when they connected again and Erastan was able to reach down and touch the delicate blue head, something like a half smile flickered across his visage for an instant.

"I am glad you are both well after all."
Aspalath replied

Erastan considered the girl in his turn. "It's okay," he told her after a prolonged pause. "You are just like the rest of them here, you fit in, we're the odd ones. Can't have known that, so best you stick with them." With the situation resolved to satisfaction Erastan turned to leave again.

Tsunake

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Fit in? Her? She was surprised into silence for a moment, tilting her head as she watched the strange boy and his shy, skittish blue. The affection hadn't been lost from her keen eyes, and when he almost smiled like that... well, he looked as young as he ought to to be.

"You don't have to be alone!" Alya called out of him, her tone a little desperate. "If you ever want to talk to someone, um! Well, Baihath and I will be here!"

He probably wouldn't come around, she reasoned, but somehow, that made her sad. Baihath crooned with adoration, butting his head against her hand. We'll find a lot of friends! And if they don't want to come to us, we can always go to them!

That was enough to make her smile, at least.

Sinders Path
Thirty years later... possible fin? <3 Depends if he'd reply or not!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games