Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[DUEL] Sparring Siblings (Ajani & Shetani)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
MangoMeow rolled 5 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 5, 5, 6 Total: 24 (5-30)

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:26 am
User Image

Ajani was pacing as he waited, eyes flicking up and then away again. Shetani was late, and it left him feeling impatient and annoyed. They were going to spar today, a pass time that the twins would occasionally partake in to keep them both in top shape. After all, when you lived in a pride that called for dueling, it was best to keep yourself on your toes.

But she was taking longer than he’d like to meet up with him. He knew she was close, he could smell her on the wind, but something had clearly taken her time.

MangoMeow rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 4, 5 Total: 18 (5-30)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:27 am
User Image

Finally, the lioness crested the ridge and padded over to her brother. A few Guides had called for her attention as she was leaving, wanting to know where to put some of the scrolls and other items of interest now that they had settled back in the pride. There was bound to be some confusion, and despite having an area for them from before the pride disbanded, everything was still dusty and musty and in dire need of clean up.

So she had paused to give directions, making sure her orders were clear, before continuing outside to where her brother was waiting. As she approached, she chuckled at his cross expression, “Oh Ajani, did I keep you waiting?”

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 am
The baleful look that was shot at her only earned a bark of a laugh from the amused sister. “Oh, alright, alright. Calm down.” She walked forward to bump her head against Ajani’s forehead, “No need to get your fur rumpled.”

Then, turning around to pad a few steps away, Shetani called behind her, “So, shall we start?”

Of course, her brother wasted no time in charging forward. He had some pent up aggression now, and unfortunately, his sister was his target. Not that he would ever seriously injure her, neither would do that, but well, scars were worn with pride around here. So some injuries were bound to happen.

Shetani’s ears flicked up at the sound of pounding paw steps, and she quickly swiveled out of the way to dodge the rampaging elephant of a lion, feeling the mass of muscle barrel past her. Not one to be outdone and knowing when her brother’s guard was down, she leapt forward as he skidded to a stop and landed squarely on his back.

“You’ll have to do better than that, Ajani!”

With a growl, Ajani thrashed in an attempt to knock her off, snarling as she proceeded to latch her teeth onto his ear. Oh, it was on now.

Tilting back onto his hind paws, he lifted himself up into the air before falling backwards. Shetani barely had time to widen her eyes before her brother landed with a resounding slam right on top of her. She gasped as the air was knocked out of her, but recovered enough to scowl and kick hard with her back legs, slamming into his stomach and leaving behind deep claw marks across his belly.

Ajani yowled in response. His sister’s claws were no laughing matter, sharp and long as they were, and he rolled away before scrambling back to his paws in time to watch his sister do the same.

The two siblings eyed each other up, both crouched and prowling in a circle, trying to find a weak spot in the other. Finally, Shetani zipped forward in a zig-zag, claws outstretched and aiming for his face.

Unfortunately, Ajani knew of this move and had seen that one coming the second she started moving.

Rearing up, he pushed off with his back feet and soared above her. She tried moving out of the way, and mostly succeeded – except for her tail, which was caught in Ajani’s claws as he thundered down. With a yip, Shetani came to a resounding halt, and then snarled as she whipped around to face him head on.

Which was exactly what Ajani was hoping for. As she drew in closer, he lunged forward and used his bulk to knock her over. The two siblings went tumbling across the ground, hissing and spitting at each other, before Ajani managed to pin his sister. He ignored the swipes and bites that she was inflicting on him, focusing on keeping her in place.

Finally, after what felt like forever, Shetani stopped. She stared at him with a dead-pan expression, unamused at the paw shoved against her throat. “Alright, you big lug, you win. Get. Off.

With a purr, Ajani pushed himself off and trotted away with a smug expression.

Shetani snorted, rolling her eyes as she lifted herself back up into a sitting position. “You don’t have to look so satisfied. I’ve beaten you in a fight just as often as you have.” She smirked, “Possibly even more.”

Ajani scoffed, “But you didn’t win this time, sister.” He flicked a tail triumphantly, “Poor dear, what would the rest of the Academy say if they saw you lose like that?” It was said playfully since he knew just as well as she did that they likely wouldn’t care. No, the lions within the Academy would see it more as a learning experience, and probably work to find a way for her to win against it next time.

So Shetani merely shoved him on the shoulder, “You would have encroached on their honor, and likely would have had to fight the lot of them.”

Of course, the male only scoffed at the thought, “Like they could take me.” And maybe that was his pride talking, but he was on enough of a high that he believed it.

Which left Shetani giving him a narrowed glance, “I wouldn’t underestimate my Academy lions. Even the Guides are more than capable of taking you down.”

Ajani narrowed his eyes in response, “Is that a challenge? I AM a Scar, you know. Fighting is what I do.”

“Fighting is what WE ALL do, and yes. If you don’t believe me, then try it.” Shetani got up and began making her way back, “I guarantee that you’ll be in for a surprise.”

(Fin~)

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff