Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[DUEL] Seeking a Challenger (Shetani & Aithne)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm
User Image

It was about time she showed her mettle. With lions trickling in and new members everywhere, Ashiki's viziers had their paws full maintaining order amongst everyone. Though, Shetani thought with a chuckle, that certainly wasn't stopping Ebbe from accepting and issuing challenges left and right. There was a reason he was the Claw, after all.

Now, as the Monarch's Mind, her duties lent more towards teaching and discovery, but that was no excuse not to dual. On the contrary, she had been feeling the itch to challenge since they had arrived. Both to test these new members' skills and to show why she was a vizier.

So the lioness had climbed her way atop a nearby outcrop of rocks, situating herself and scanning for a challenger. After a moment of silence, she let out a challenging roar.

Now to see if anyone was brave enough to answer it.

Quote:
This is open to whoever claims it first, basically. I want to get a feel for dualing. <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The roar was startling, even Aithne had to admit it. The timber sank deep into her bones and settled at her core, calling to the fighter that lay within her. This is why she had come to the Outlands, this was what she was seeking even as she played at being a good, kind pride member.

Her feet were responding before she had fully even made up her mind and in moments she found herself face to face with the Queen's Mind. They had met not too long before as the female overheard a chance conversation with Delphi. She had promised to bring her Firekin prowess to these lions and here was her first chance to make good on it.

"I hope I don't disappointment, Shetani."

The smile on her mug, at least, said she was going to give it her all.

MangoMeow
Hi!

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

MangoMeow rolled 5 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 1, 1, 4 Total: 14 (5-30)

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:54 pm
Dark gray ears flicked up as Shetani turned to gaze at the other lioness. With a grin, she rolled her shoulders and hopped down from her perch. Oh, she had been hoping to see this one's moves. She had come across Firekin on her travels before, though she had never challenged one outright and wanted to see what that kind of raw strength could do.

"Let's see then, shall we?" She chortled, "We'll need to test these Firekin skills of yours, after all, before you can let loose on the unsuspecting new blood."

The lioness hunched slightly and began moving to the side, judging her opponent's movements. Then, eyes sparkling a bright purple, Shetani whipped forward, fast as lightning.

Felyn
*waves!*

Felyn rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 2, 6, 1 Total: 21 (5-30)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Aithne was no match for the Mind's speed, she knew that before the female ever dove forward into a run. No, Aithne's strength came entirely from her weight and her might - Firekin learned to use that to their advantage against rogues very early. Sprinkled with a touch of grace born from battling on shifting sands and it made her a formidable wall of muscle and sinew.

So, instead of trying to dodge the attack, she absorbed the strike with a grimace and thrust the whole of her weight and strength into Shetani. Shoulder-to-shoulder, her claws dug into the earth and surged her forward, aiming to knock the darker female clean off of her feet.

MangoMeow
Aithne wins, lol, but at least Shetani gets a major scar out of it!

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:52 pm
Shetani raised an eyebrow at the lack of dodging. Normally, when faced with her speed, her opponent would balk and try to counter another way. This was a new response - but not one she was against seeing. On the contrary, it certainly brought to light a new way of fighting that put a fire back under her paws.

Of course, she then had to focus back on the fight as she was forced backwards. The lioness had to work hard to keep herself upright, before she was simply lifted up.

With a yowl, Shetani scrambled to try and get a grip once more, claws raking forward to slice at Aithne's neck and sides.

Felyn
Lol, I'm sure she'll tote that scar around like "yeah, I got it fighting a Firekin. *smug* *smug* *smug*"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 am
Aithne was pleased to see that the darker female did not immediately back down - she was so very tired of the yellow-bellied rogues she had encountered before joining with Ashiki's wandering troupe.

She felt her shoulder connect with Shetani's, knew that she was throwing off her balance, and even managed a wicked smile as paws came flying up to try and deflect her. They found purchase in her pelt and fur, anchoring Shetani against the brutish female, but she would not be deterred. With one shoulder lodged firmly against Shetani's chest, the opposite paw swept upwards, claws open and aimed to rake her side.

MangoMeow

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:43 pm
Shetani let out a growl, eyes narrowing as she saw the paw come flying towards her, but couldn't quite get away fast enough, knocked off her balance as she was. The lioness hissed as claws flayed at her side, and she felt herself getting knocked sideways from the blow.

She wasn't one to be completely outdone though. Twisting around while in the air, Shetani threw out her back foot to slice her claws at the side of Aithne's head, feeling it hit before she went tumbling backwards.

With a yelp, the Monarch's Mind crashed with a thud to the ground, cringing at the sharp stinging coming from her flank. That was going to hurt in the morning. Let it be known that Aithne wasn't kidding about her fighting ability.

Felyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:21 pm
Aithne grimaced as a back paw came flying at her face, connecting cleanly and blinding her for the moment. It was a tactic she most certainly wasn't expecting, having never fought someone whose skills lie in speed and agility, but as her vision cleared she was pleased to see the Monarch's Mind sprawled across the red earth with a grimace plastered cleanly on her face.

With a wicked scowl, Aithne dove forward, coming to stand above the other female so that she was thrown in the shadow of the Firekin's bulk, and snapped her teeth only inches from her face.

"Do you conceed, Shetani? Or would you like another pretty scar?"

Quote:
I think just one more each and we are fin? biggrin

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm
Shetani let out a bark of a laugh, half from startlement and half from amusement at those words. She seriously debated whether to keep picking a fight, before letting out an almost forlorn sigh, "Tempting as that is, I know when I have to concede."

She nudged at Aithne, "Though don't think I couldn't put up a better fight next time. You can learn a lot from fighting someone." And didn't her eyes sparkle at the thought. If there was one thing she enjoyed, it was picking up a new fighting style to counter.

The Mind chuckled then, "I think you're going to fit in quite well here."

Felyn
Sounds good~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm
As the Mind laughed, so too did the Firekin, and a situation that had been tense and charged moments before become warmed by a sudden mutual respect and that hint of a warrior's humor. Without another word, Aithne backed away enough to let the other female back up to her feet and offered her a pleased smile.

"I'm glad to have your approval," she smirked, though, as she spoke, "but I learned a lot too."

With amusement still lingering in her eyes, she let her gaze slip sidelong to the termite towers in the distance. She wanted to go and see what Delphi had managed to get into today - wait until she heard that Aithne had won her duel and made her way out of the unbranded. She probably wouldn't be surprised, but still.

"Until next time, Shetani," she offered with a nod, then slipped away to her den.

MangoMeow
fin <3

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out