Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Mom, I need help (Demanthra, Alythrae, and dragons) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:02 pm
Demanthra was heading to see her mom, having had Monath ask Tarmath where they were. She was feeling a lot of pressure right now, since she knew it could be any day now that her own green would have her first flight. Her feelings were for her friend, so how could she deal with the emotions that would come from a flight? She knew how devoted her parents were, so surely her mother would have good advice for her.

Don't worry, Mine, I am sure your mother will be able to help. I want all to see me, but I would never want to do anything to hurt you. You are my world and I am not happy if you are not,Monath thought to her rider, having betweened them to where her mother was. She was glad they could get around so quickly now, it made things easier for them.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:41 pm
When Tarmath had relayed the question about their location to Alythrae she'd certainly been amused, but her worry was why her daughter was coming to find her in the first place. Generally she had set up certain times to meet her kids throughout the week, always wanting to spend time with them at least that much if not more, but accepting that they had no choice in their busy schedules. Thread fell to schedules but it certainly certainly didn't fall to a schedule that would help with living life. In fact she'd been in the air with Tarmath most of the day fighting the cursed spores herself and had only just managed to find a relaxing moment outside the bowl to cool down.

But what on earth did her daughter need? It was concerning to her that one would seek her out, though she loved when they did. She never got to see them enough anymore! Especially not Demanthra, who was still completing her Senior Weyrling training.

Oh she was just so proud!

Lifting her head with the pair popped out from between above her, Aly gave a shouted cheer for the green and her rider. "I'm so glad to see you two today! Isn't it a beautiful evening?" Aly hopped a bit where she was standing and waved both her arms wide above her head as if they couldn't see her or her large green where they were currently laying in the warm sand.

It had finally warmed up a bit at High Reaches and she was going to take every opportunity given to her to soak it up. Tarmath rumbled a sleepy agreement before bugling up to Monath in her normal mellow tone.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:31 am
Monath had heard the cheer below them and she felt a swell of pure happiness descend on her. She may be older, but she still enjoyed being complimented and it was even better when it was both of them. So she stayed in the air for a moment longer, just to soak up the attention, before bugling back down to Tarmath.

Alright, my beauty, may we please join my mother and Tarmath down there?Demanthra thought to her dragon. She had learned that sometimes stroking her green's ego just a little, helped her get what she wanted. At her question, she felt her dragon descend down to where the older pair was. Once gently on the ground, Demanthra climbed down gently.

It really is a lovely day, I enjoy it. After all the snow, seeing the sun is just wonderful,Monath piped up.

"I do hope we are not intruding, Mama,"Demanthra spoke politely.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 am
Just like her to be so formal with her mother, it had Alythrae laughing brightly as she stepped forward to pull her beloved daughter into a warm hug. Her hand rubbed the young girl's back and she hopped backward with a smile and placed her hand on a hip as she regarded her daughter with a warm smile.

"You could never bother me Demanthra, I'm just curious about what brings you out to see us on such short notice? Are you doing well with your lessons and Betweening? I see you seem to have it down pretty well already, I'm so proud of you baby girl." the rapid fire of her words and questions were about average for her, especially since she didn't get to see her children as much anymore. Aly felt she had to get everything in at once and it was a gentle tap from her relaxed green that could calm her down at times.

It is a wonderful day out to warm wings. Tarmath noted up to the younger green, her head inclining happily as spread her wings out a bit further.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:16 am
Demanthra wasn't surprised when her mother pulled her into a hug and she returned it with a laugh. If anyone wondered where her bright personalty came from, they just had to look at her social butterfly of a mother. Honestly, even if she did have concerns, her coming was also because she missed her mother. With everyone's different schedules and duties, it was hard for all of them to get time to see each other. She made a mental note to do so more often, as best as she could. Listening as her mother poured everything out after letting go of her, she giggled a little more.

"Yes, lessons are doing wonderfully, Monath has a love of flying. I worry about actually going against Thread next month, but I knew it would have to come one day. Though, I admit, Monath took to flying and betweening so very well. She is really amazing, Mama, I am so glad she is mine. She..is kind of the reason I wanted to see you,"she admitted.

Ah yes, the sun on my wings feels wonderful. Even better when I am flying in the sky. And Mine, there was no one else for me. I am just sorry you had to wait so long for me,Monath thought to both, before reaching over to nuzzle her rider.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 pm
Her bright laughter made her mother smile, she loved seeing her daughters and her sons, even more so now that they were all moved out and living their wonderful lives to the fullest. So many of them had impressed too, and as Demanthra was the most recent, it made sense that she had some trepidation when it came to certain aspects of it. Everyone had their reservations about fighting Thread, it was deadly and dangerous, even the thought of her wonderful daughter up there in a fighting wing terrified her for the safety of both her and her beautiful green dragon. Alythrae trusted the Weyrlingmaster and his assistant, her other daughter for pride's sake!, with her children's lives though and wholeheartedly believed that if anyone could train her children to keep them safe it was them.

"Monath is just perfect for you, I couldn't ask for a better partner for one of my babies and I've watched you flying during practice. You two outshine everyone up there, I can't imagine what questions you might have when she's such a natural but you know I'm here to help you with anything you need." Aly reached out slightly and touched the jaw of her own massive green dragon that was lounging behind her with her eyes spread out over the sand. "If I can't help, then maybe Tarmath can."

I don't know what I might have to offer two so young and skilled, but if you need anything little one you need only ask. Tarmath leaned her head down into the hand her rider placed on her gently, her eyes swirling a bright blue as she looked at her rider's child and partner.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:45 pm
Demanthra rubbed behind Monath's headknobs as her green bent her head down. It felt like just yesterday since a beautiful green dragnet's mind touched her own. The day that had changed her life, in only the best way possible. To think her little green was fully grown now, it was still a wonder to the girl. However, she had to admit, Monath had grown into a beautiful adult right before her eyes. Yes, they had dangerous things coming, but she knew with the green, they could do anything. After all, Monath was quick to remind her every chance she got. When her mother complimented them, she could feel the swell of pride coming from her lifemate. It caused another smile to come to her lips, her mother was definitely feeding her green's ego.

"Thank you, Mama, I am glad you think we work so well together. I couldn't imagine my life without her. I may have had to stand for some turns, but it was so worth it. I know why the twins and T'rel always told me it was after they impressed. As for my needing of help..well, I am sure you realize that all the greens of our clutch can...well, begin rising now..."she began.

Demanthra Mine is worried about how my rising will effect her,Monath added, knowing this was a hard topic for her rider. She liked the idea of rising, but she didn't want her rider to feel awkward.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 am
"That's the way it works, it's hard to remember the time when you never had one of these lovely ladies. What it felt like back when you had only one heart instead of three beating in time. But when your green is up in the air you have to try and remember that feeling, pull back from them a bit so you can see clearly. All the training in the world can't help with that unfortunately, so you have to use that incredible will that I know you were born with." Alythrae winked at her daughter and put a hand to her shoulder gently. "I'm sorry I didn't realize that your Monath was getting ready to rise soon, it seems not very long ago that she was just a small thing and now here you are."

Is that because of her special one? Tarmath offered up to the younger green, slowly rising to her feet and shaking out any stiffness that might have come from fighting thread for hours during the day. She remembered her first flight and the brown that had caught her and become her lifemate, so much so that it had given her rider many children and a husband that the woman loved deeply. Are you excited for your first flight young one?

Casting a look over at her pale green, Aly chuckled that a flight had managed to get her normally lethargic dragon up. Anything that involved flying had Tarmath's attention and it seemed that Demanthra's Monath was much the same.

"What are your worries about her first flight little one?"
Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:56 am
Demanthra nodded, she always had Monath right there in her head and vice versa. Ever since Monath made contact with her mind during the hatching and she looked into her rainbow eyes at the time, the two had become one. Her mom was right, it was hard to remember a time when Monath was not right behind her, pushing her to be her best. Reaching over to her dragon's inclined head, she kissed her nose ever so gently. Her mother was right though, sometimes she had to step back a little, so she could think clearly. Just because they were two halves of a whole, didn't mean she didn't need a moment to reason.

"Yeah, it does feel like she just recently came out of her shell, doesn't it? Now she is a big girl and has to bend her head down to poke me or nuzzle me. As for what I need, well, I am not sure what to do about the emotions that will overtake me when she rise,"she admitted.

I am very excited for my first flight, I have been waiting for this. Getting to show what I am made of and make those boys give chase. Though, yes, Mine is thinking of the guy he likes. She knows my emotions will effect her and it scares her,Monath replied.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:41 am
"Dearest one, you know that you can always fight them if you have to. Your emotions are strongly tied to Monath, but that does not at all mean that you can't pull back and distract yourself with something else. There are riders all across the weyr that do so with great success, though the headache the next morning will likely be excruciating. Did you know that there's one man that plays the violin for each flight that his dragon chases in? And there are those that take another route and lock themselves in their own weyr or a borrowed one with someone special to them." Alythrae trailed off there to give her an idea of what she'd meant.

Of course for herself it was quite different, she'd gotten lucky and met the love of her life on her very first flight experience, but she had heard and seen the signs that Demanthra might have someone special to her that was making this harder. Not everyone got as lucky as herself with how often Zetigeth was able to catch Tarmath, though she believed that it was likely the brown's connections to the other dragons in the weyr that allowed it to be so. It had taught her that there were some honorable dragons that had come to High Reaches and Impressed here over the years that they would allow to lifemates to fly together even though they were chasing as well.

You will light up the sky, I'm sure of it. There are many males around here that would likely give chase right away to catch you. the older green walked slowly until she sat beside her rider's young human and offered her a gentle nuzzle. Long before they'd become riders these children had been hers in a way, especially since she could never have hatchlings of her own. To see one concerned always made her slip into comfort mode.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 am
"I just don't know what I am going to do, Mama. I mean, Rhiyn..well, he hasn't exactly admitted to feelings. And if Monath had her way, she would lock us in a room together. I also don't know what the signs are that she is ready to rise either. Well, I suppose I do and I don't, because of Master V'mel's lessons, but it is different when it is happening to you,"Demanthra said to her mother. She watched Tarmath come over, before feeling her gentle nuzzle. They had grown up with the green, so she was as much a part of their family. She stroked both Monath and Tarmath's faces lovingly, so they both felt her love.

Thank you, I plan to give them quite a chase. To have everyone's attention on me will be spectacular, putting those poor boy's to shame. I just have to protect Mine. Nothing is fun if she is miserable,Monath spoke firmly. Demanthra was the only one who knew her so well and could make her completely happy.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:20 am
"Are you still having that dance with Rhiyn? Demanthra, sweetie, you know you can make the first move, right? You're a brave girl with so much love in that heart of yours, if you have feelings for someone you need to reach down into your reserves of bravery and tell them." Aly put her hand on her daughter's shoulder and pulled her eyebrows together gently. "The Weyrling Master can help you with many things, but he rides a male dragon dear, not a green or gold that has felt the tug that comes with feeling their dragon get ready to rise for a flight."

You should explain to her what it feels like for you, dearest mine. Tarmath offered up as she leaned her head into Demanthra's gentle hands, if she dislikes her dragon's first flight it will make none of the others enjoyable no matter who she is with.

"Well... I've heard that it feels a little different for each rider, but what I feel before Tarmath rises is unease. My skin gets prickly and everything suddenly seems to become sharper around me, it only lasts a day at most, apparently it's much stronger for gold riders, so count your blessings you have your sweet green lady. She outshines those golds anyway. It can come on rather suddenly, but you'll get the sense for it a few hours before it happens, so at least it gives you time to plan how you're going to spend it. If you want to fight it, the best thing is to stay in your weyr or in the weyr of someone you trust. If you want to spend it with someone special... that's when you have to find that bravery we talked about earlier." Alythrae offered her little girl a wink, happy that she did have someone that she considered special, while at the same time a bit sad that they hadn't worked it out yet. In her heart she knew that they would figure it out though.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:51 am
Demanthra nodded her head in reply to her mother, to let her know the 'dance' was still going on. She had understood when she was told they couldn't do anything, for the sake of Monath. However, she had a Weyr of her own and could actually be with another now. It just felt like Rhiyn wasn't doing thing about it. At her mother's suggestion, she looked thoughtful, should she make the first move? She hadn't thought of it that way, but her mother had a good point. If she wanted to get anywhere with Rhiyn, then she needed to speak. She rubbed both green dragons as she decided she would try that. Then as her mother began to explain what it was like when Tarmath began to rise.

"I can't imagine how hard it must be for gold riders. It is a good thing Monath chose me, she is my lovely girl. And you are so right, she is better than any gold to me. Don't get me wrong, Zenobiath is a pretty girl, but she is definitely not my Monath. And okay, I will keep my senses ready for when she feels the need to rise. I know it won't be the same, but knowing Monath, she will be good at letting me know,"Demanthra smiled.

I would never want things to be uncomfortable for her, Tarmath. Mine is my world, her happiness means more to me than anything. This has to be something both of us can enjoy,Monath nodded her head.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 am
Winking at her daughter, Alythrae looked over at the pair of green dragons and pondered what it could mean for Monath to rise, to fly up in the air for the first time with a loud roar and all eyes in the Weyr on her for that one moment that would sparkle as brightly as she herself did. It was the dream of some gold riders and the worry of just as many green riders for that moment when their partner would shine brighter than every dragon around them. Mainly it was hard for those that had no idea how to handle it because they lacked a partner and she felt sad that her daughter had to be one of those number.

"Monath chose you for that beautiful soul of yours and she knew full well that you could handle a green and everything that came with it when she chose you. I know that you'll figure out what her signs are, they're almost always quite different than what you would normally feel with your connection to her. As long as you stay attentive to that beautiful green of yours, and I know full well that you do, there's no doubt in my mind that you'll know."

Do not worry Monath, you've grown into a wonderful dragon and you picked a wonderful rider. Tarmath said with a nudge for the younger dragon, I don't say that just because I love my rider's children either. You two will do just fine during your first rising.

Aly felt a happy rise in her chest when she heard Tarmath's words that she'd leveled at everyone in the group, it had always been her joy that her dragon loved her children just as much as she did. It made them a tight family.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:09 am
Demanthra caught her mother's wink, taking a deep breath at her words. She was right, Monath had known what she was doing when she had chosen her. Of course the girl would be able to handle her dragon's flight, she just had to have some faith in herself. Alright, pay attention to signs that felt different than usual, she could do that. Her link with Monath was strong, they had become more and more like one since her green hatched.

"I am very conscious of my bond, Mama, I have to be. Someone has to curb her temper tantrums when she has them. I love her so much, I will know when she is ready. And since I will have a little warning beforehand, I will be able to come up with something,"Demanthra agreed.

Thank you, I appreciate your words. You are right, I picked the best rider, the only one that shines as brightly as I do. Though her family is a very close second in shining to us,Monath replied, giving Demanthra a nuzzle.

Hattaki

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces