Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP]Meeting the 'Rockstars'(C'ryn/Aresoth&L'iand/Aryath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:40 pm
Is there a reason we are going by the junior weyrling lessons, C'rynmine? Aresoth asked the question in a bored way as C'ryn and he moved towards where he knew the twelve knew weyrlings were having their lessons. While the babies interested him, especially the one bronze that had come here he really didn't have time for any of the other young dragons. He would soon be protecting them from the air when he and C'ryn graduated and joined the fighting wings. They were far to young to truly be of any use to him at the moment.

"Luiciand impressed." C'ryn's walk was brisk but not too fast, he wanted to make sure he got to the lesson when it ended and didn't interrupt anything that V'mel might be saying to them. He knew from experience how important these first lessons were, as well as how important it was to bond with their new dragons. Luiciand? The bronze tilted his head some as they walked, showing the question he was asking.

His question only got a chuckle, he shouldn't have expected Aresoth to have remembered all who he had been standing with when he impressed almost a year ago now. He also had not had as much time to spend with his candidate friends, not as much as he had wanted. "I suppose he is going to go by L'iand now, but he was one of the ones standing with me on the hatching sands when I impressed." This god a nod from the bronze as they neared their destination and C'ryn moved to the side to wait until they began to leave.

faesinger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:18 am
L’iand felt like he was back in the mercenary camp as he left V’mel’s lecture. Of course, this was all right with him because he understood the importance of what V’mel had been saying. Liand had a momentary pang of compassion for the other Weyrlings not used to the life. Though Aryath was boasting in his head about how they would be the best and V’mel didn’t know what was coming. He has seen a lot over the years.

But he hasn’t seen US before.

Spotting C’ryn standing outside L’iand come over to say hello. They hadn’t seen much of each other over the last year though he had kept in touch as best he could. “What are you doing here? DOn’t you have extra special Bronze Rider Training to be at?” The capital letters could practically be heard in his voice along with the teasing tone.

BastetAmun

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 pm
Once he saw L'iand moving over to them, C'ryn pushed off the wall he had been leaning against and moved to meet him halfway. He laughed at the question that was asked of him, shrugging his shoulders. "You can only really do so much practice when it comes to learning to dance and how to kiss up to your superiors." The teasing in his own voice was clear. "I have a break between lessons and I wanted to come and congratulate on impressing." His eyes moved to look at the brown hatchling that was at L'iand's side. "He is quite impressive, a very lovely brown indeed."

Aresoth moved forward, leaning his head down to get a bit better look at the young brown as well as his rider. He did remember L'iand now, as well as having remembered speaking to him some before he hatched. It is nice to meet you. His whirling eyes moved from the hatchling to L'iand. I am glad another one of C'ryn's friends has impressed. C'ryn found himself wondering some about what Aresoth was saying but brushed that aside.

"How are your lessons going?"

faesinger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:38 pm
“Are you sure it is kiss up? Not just kiss?” L’iand teased back. He was well aware of some of the tendencies of the superiors in the Weyr. “Thank you. Aryath here put on quite the show at the Hatching.”

Aryath began to ask why they would be kissing, when Aresoth leaned down. Wonderful to meet you too. There was a pause for a moment. Should I be concerned that he needs more dragonrider friends?

Aresoth might have not been including C’ryn but Aryath was including L’iand in the converation. That was rude.

It is a valid concern. I don’t want you friends with someone that will hold us back.

Nothing will hold us back. L’iand realized that he was having a conversation with Aryath while not having a conversation with C’ryn, when he should be having a conversation with C’ryn and not having a conversation with Aryath. This was very confusing.

“Lessons are going to be interesting. I doubt most of the others are used to a task master like V’mel running the show. Everyone’s lives just changed in more ways that Impression.”

BastetAmun

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 am
Another laugh easily escaped C'ryn at L'iand's words. "Faranth, please let it just be kiss up." He shuddered some at the thought of ending up in bed with Zheria. Aresoth tilted his head some at the thought. Even if I did manage to catch Eveleth, you do not have to end up in bed with the weyrwoman. C'ryn shook his head at the words before responding in his mind. Yes and then you'd thrust me suddenly into being weyrleader before either of us would be ready. Of course he didn't think Aresoth would catch the Queen when she next rose, the bronze was still young compared to the many others who would rise to chase her.

Whirling eyes moved to turn to Aryath, watching him some. Nothing to be worried about. Mine has made friends with his fellow weyrlings but having a friend from when he was a candidate can make things easier. Perhaps I did not word it right. The bronze was blunt with his words, never thinking of how he might word things to make it sound better to some.

It was easy to see that L'iand was having a conversation with Aryath while trying to talk to him and he smiled. "It's confusing in the beginning, trying to run two conversations at once, but you'll get used to it."

"If you ever want help with anything L'iand, you can come to me. Aresoth and I know some exercises that Aryath can work on that will help strength his muscles in preparation for flying on his own as well as when you will eventually be on his back. I know it will be a long time before that happens but, I want to put the offer out there." C'ryn was getting more and more use to offering his help to others, as well as running to others for help when he needed it. So far, however, he had only really asked G'ran and Alumet for help but he wasn't above it at least.

"Was the hatching exciting? Being on a beach and impressing there must have been quite the experience."

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:21 pm
L’iand was laughing. “You should consider it an honor to grace the bed…” He just grinned at C’ryn and let the topic drop. “I think I will have to get used to it pretty quickly. Aryath here has an opinion or a question about everything.”

Aryath was puzzled and went digging in L’iand’s mind to see if he could find the answer. He did not though he did attract L’iand’s attention. What are you looking for? But L’iand was ignored.

Why? Is your rider one who would stop being friends with someone who was still a candidate? That didn’t seem to be the case according to L’iand, so why was it so remarkable to the dragon? How will L’iandmine now having me make things easier for yours? It was truly baffling Aryath and the confusion was thick in his voice.

“It was like any Hatching.” L’iand shrugged. “Hot, sandy, and full of heart in throat moments. Though not really bloody like I heard that Western’s had been. Thank Faranth. I think only one person was injured enough to draw blood. Maybe two got bruises? Aryath made quite the impression, strutting around before hollering at me to come feed him.” That wasn’t exactly what had been said, but the hunger had been prevalent.

BastetAmun

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas