[RPR] Moving in. (Erastan and Jailla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm
Erastan shifted the bag over his shoulder into a more comfortable position. It was surprisingly heavy given how little it held. Just Erastan's limited clothing. His cleaning things, tooth brush, soap and comb (which he never used). And a knife, just encase. Anything more valuable he had hidden stashed around the weyr away from prying eyes and grasping hands.

Aspalath followed close at his partners heels. A position he had barley left since he hatched. Erastan was getting better and better at not tripping over him.

It was the middle of the day and most people were in the mess hall. Certainly the rest of the weyrlings were seizing the opportunity to fuel themselves for afternoon classes which was why the boy had chosen that hour to get himself settled in his new living chambers and sorted, it was no different than the candidate brackets. It just had more space and better head room to accommodate dragons as well.

It didn't take him long to find the bed he wanted, it was towards the back near the window with a bit more space around it than most of the cots. However someone had already dropped their bags atop the unmade bare mattress claiming it as theirs. Erastan snorted. Unlikely.

He strode over, picked up the bag and tossed it across to another unclaimed cot before replacing it with his own and grabbing the folded sheets to make it up and solidify his territory.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:09 pm
She’d heard the newer weyrlings were settling in today. Newer! Ha. She’s never expected another clutch so soon! It would be interesting to see how everyone meshed. Had Micheth really been so small? It’d only been a few months ago, but it already seemed like he’d been in her life forever.

“Oh, hello,” she greeted when she spotted Erastan. She offered him a small smile. Right, he was new. “Congratulations! I’m Jailla, and this is Micheth,” she gestured to the blue. “Maybe our two can be friends.”

I don’t understand your interest in finding me friends. I have some already.

“He thinks his siblings are enough,” she offered. “But I bet you could get him to play sometime.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:20 pm
Aspalath heard the approach of the strange pair first as the women's steps made one of the old wooden floorboards creak. He made a sound that was something close to a squeak and darted past Erastan to wedge himself awkwardly under the bed. His back claws scratching and scrabbling against the floor so he could force his body under. Once he remembered about his wings the en devour became easier. A small additional shake flattened out the pinions so the baby dragon could more effectively pancake himself between floor and bed.

Erastan was instantly on the alert as well, stepping in front of his terrified bonded to stare down the intruder.

He was a scrawny thing, small for his age(only 15) and not much more than a dragon tooth pick but he had a steady intensity about him that tended to make people keep their distance anyway. He drew together his dark brows in a frown.

He tried to remember his adoptive mothers teachings in that moment, maintain some illusion of politeness. After all this girl was presumably one of his new room mates. "Hello." Good start.

"Aspalath doesn't want to play. We don't want friends either." There. He knew he could do polite. Never mind the fact that he had never stopped scowling t the pair.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:36 pm
Oh. Oh. He wasn’t nice at all. Jailla’s smile faltered. She took a step back and looked towards her bonded in question. She’d never had another weyrling act like this towards her! What had she done? She wished Ph’ton was with her. He would’ve known what to say.

“I’m sorry I scared you, Aspalath,” she apologized. “We won’t hurt you.” Was the baby scared because of the hatching? Had it been violent like Micheth’s had been?

“That’s fair. I didn’t want friends at first, either,” Jailla offered. “My friend helped me.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 am
Thaliawen

Aspalath slowly peered out from under the bed, his eyes swirling orange in the gloom. But once he realized it was only one women and her dragon he reluctantly began to creep back into the open. He still never took his eyes off either, with a tension in his small body that suggested any wrong move would send the small nervous creature scurrying for cover again.

Erastan sat down on the bed so that he could put his hand onto the delicate blue head and give his head knobs a reassuring scratch. "Would never let you hurt him." Erastan promised aloud, somehow simultaneously making it sound like a threat to Jailla and a reassurance for his partner.

The boy looked back at the pair staring them down long and hard, when they still didn't seem to get it he spoke up again. "I don't need any help either." he added just to make it clear he didn't want or need further conversation.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:49 pm
Well. This kind was definitely on the weirder side. He wasn't particularly friendly, maybe he had his own paranoias that were upsetting his dragon. Jailla couldn't be sure, but maybe his anger was how he showed fear.

"I just said we wouldn't," Jailla clarified, awkwardly. "Listen, you're a weyrling, you're going to be meeting a lot of people and you'll have to work with a lot of people. You're going to have to adjust. At least, learn how to talk to them. I had to. Micheth had to. Well, we're still working on him. He's a bit of a stick in the mud, but his siblings have gotten him to join in a few times."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm
Thaliawen

Erastan's hard stare suggested that he still didn't really believe Jailla when she claimed benevolence and pure intent. "I know how to talk to people." Erastan insisted. "I'm talking to you, I can talk when I need to. I do not need to be anyones friend to work with them. I just need Aspalath." Both to communicate with the other dragons and because he didn't need anyone else to offer him any sort of validation or affection when he had his sweet blue.

"We do our chores and lessons, we don't need to make friends with anyone, as long as we don't cause trouble." He reasoned while taking a stand, he grabbed his bag to start pulling out the few meger personal items he had managed to acquire, the clothes came out first, which he folded and set in two piles for top and bottom halfs, the formal weyrling jacket with its shoulder knot had its own place but for all intense and purposes he seemed ready to ignore the pair in the door way.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games