Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Hangin' Tough (Jailla/Micheth/O'len/Aleyath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 pm
When O'len had found out that a mysterious queen's clutch was on the sands near Southern Boll, he had been ecstatic. Finally, an adventure that would take them far from the weyr and soothe a little of Aleyath's ever present boredom, if only for an afternoon. The hatching where he had Impressed had been O'len's first, and the chance to see another piqued his interest as well.

And then he was told they wouldn't be going.

And, to be fair, he should have known. His brown was too inexperienced to travel so far on his own and too unwieldy to be carried Between. It would have been a disaster to lose any of Vimiath and Blundarth's children to a hatching they hadn't even needed to see in the first place.

They were scheduled to spend the day as they usually did, but neither dragon's nor rider's heart was in it, at least not until they were dismissed for their usual bonding time. Aleyath led his human toward the water at a trot, leaping into the air to spiral about when O'len lagged behind.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:58 pm
The mysterious queen’s clutch had gotten Jailla’s attention as well. Would dragons be coming here? There were dragons taking groups of candidates away; maybe there would be little ones coming back. Maybe Micheth would make a friend.

I still don’t understand your interest in finding me friends, the blue began. But there’s someone coming now, maybe you can befriend them.

“Oh, no, you’re going to be friendly.” Jailla have O’len a wave. “Time to get to know your brother better.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:15 pm
O'len waved back, approaching Jailla with a jovial smile. Just as his rider reached the girl, Aleyath dove back toward the ground, a burst of breeze from his wings buffeting the weyrling and her dragon as he landed.

"Good day! A fine one for a hatching." If his tone sounded sarcastic, it was only mildly so. "A surprise queen at Southern Boll. Very exciting."

Aleyath, already a little sick of the young man's sore attitude, chose to ignore the humans' conversation until it grew more interesting. Hey, Micheth. His stoic blue brother had always been a bit of a mystery. While the brown certainly had his moments of quiet observation, there were also times when life demanded he put on a show, when nothing short of a garish spectacular would do. How'd you like flying?

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:13 pm
Oh, he didn't sound like he'd enjoyed hearing about the hatching. "I thought it was exciting," she said, and shrugged. "Maybe not the best place to have a nest, though."

The blue's eyes whirled slowly as he regarded his brother. I enjoyed flying very much, he said, thoughtfully. The air beneath my wings, what a feeling. I'm much more suited to flying than being on the ground. He was terribly clumsy, to his embarrassment.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 pm
He paused, silently taking in Aleyath's blips of disapproval and Jailla's mildly uncomfortable shrug. O'len sighed softly. "It is exciting, I agree. I just wish I could have gone to see instead of being forced to stay here." He was rather impressively stir crazy for someone who had only ever lived on one island prior to the weyr, but he was sure a time would come when he wouldn't recall feeling surly about his situation at all. O'len smiled again, nodding an apology. "Sorry for my poor manners."

Yeah, right? You know what else is cool? Swimming. Aleyath didn't consider himself all that cumbersome on the ground, but the excitement that came with learning a new skill made him want to be in the air or water more than anyplace else right now.

Thaliawen

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff