Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:33 am
Eyes still closed and arms still clamped around R'ose, Riz slacked up slightly to make certain that his friend had the opportunity to back up and pull away from him if he really wanted to. For they'd never really hugged like this before, this much contact was really new to him, and made his chest and arms and every bit of him fizzing. Especially the forehead that he had pressed up against R'ose's so softly that it was tangling their hair together. There was something...

"You're pretty calm, a lot more than I am right now I guess." Rizdax started, his voice quiet given how close they were and the blush spread over his face further at that something. "I don't know why she'd 'fancy' me so much but I'm not going anywhere. You two are sort of... stuck with me right now."

At least that got him to chuckle a bit and the minty cool words that entered into his head filled him once more with a fizzy feeling. A dragon actually liked him, actually remembered him from the sands? Without warning his arms tightened a little bit as a shiver of happiness went through him and he pulled his forehead, snagged hair and all, from against R'ose's so that he could bury it against his shoulder and neck. Joy and pain all within moments of one another and all brought on by one word, one name... one noun.

Telgar. It held such a dark feeling in his chest now just to hear the name of it, it brought on faces and screams, noises and flashes of death. Pain flashed through him for a moment and he shoved it down into his stomach, into his subconscious where it belonged, where it could torture him in his sleep and leave him lying awake at night with his brother's name on his tongue. However it didn't belong here, not with R'ose and Sahrawith who he cared about, who he was friends with and who had just given him the most wonderful feeling and words that he'd had in a long time.

Releasing all the breath that he'd been holding when R'ose said Telgar against the taller man's neck and shoulder, he nodded his head there but didn't make a move to pull away from the solid form he was holding onto. "Telgar's just... a sensitive subject during this season." Riz swallowed against the lump in his throat and took some sort of relief in that R'ose hadn't yet shoved him away and called him weak like he should have, like he expected everyone to. "But I'm really glad I got to see the pair of you today, it's been a week but I was hoping to bump into you and see how you were doing."

He had to change that subject, had to get away from it if he was going to keep himself from crying and soaking through the taller teen's shirt and focusing on someone else was easy for him. Riz barely ever focused on himself and that was good, for here was a friend and his dragon, they deserved attention more.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 am
Sahrawith opened her mind, opened her mouth to ask about Telgar - but was swiftly stopped by a mental head shake from her rider. That was a topic they would discuss later, and while alone, he assured her, and there was no need to press Radish on it. To her credit the green mutely agreed, her eyes swirling with curiosity as she watched his reaction. R'ose had only said one word, but the whole tone and feeling had changed so quickly. Smartly nodded back, the green released her grip on his leg to give the shorter teen some room to move, were he to want it. She was watching him carefully, closely, and her lifemate as well. It hurts him.

We'll talk about it later, Sahrawith, I promise. About who Radish is, and why he looks like this. Those thoughts got another nod from the green, who was actually feeling rather impressed as well by R'ose's control over his emotions. The Radish had made a mention of it, but to the baby dragon, this level of steady was all she'd known thus far. Minus a few blips here and there, of course. Anyway, do you think you could bring my my jacket?

The green questioned what a jacket was, though the mental image of the scary object that had fallen on her prompted a troubled snort. That thing was apparently a jacket, and R'ose's want of it had Sahrawith thinking about refusing. She didn't like The Jacket.

It's for Radish.

Suddenly she liked the jacket a bit more, or at least tolerated it enough to snatch it firmly in her jaws and drag it over. Dropping it at her rider's feet, the tiny green seemed pleased as punch, crooning happily as R'ose reached to get it.

With no further words, no explanations, the jacket was simply draped about the candidate's shoulders. "You've taken pretty good care of this jacket for a while, so I don't see why you can't hang on to it for a bit longer."

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:40 am
There was no way for Rizdax to hear the words that were being spoken from rider to dragon, simply silence met his statement and he took a steadying breath to let it not affect him in the least. It would hardly be the last time in his life that he was ignored and he could remember being ignored for much of his life by anyone the same age as him or older, for some reason only little kids really had any affinity for him most times.

It was more of a shock to him than that when the jacket was suddenly draped over his shoulders to the delighted crooning of a dragon. Having had R'ose pull away just moments before it was surely even more of a surprise to him to have that jacket put back on him. Instantly the scent of spice washed over him and he softened up even more as he pulled it tight around him with a chuckle, ignoring that it scraped rather painfully over his still sunburnt skin. That was just a passing pain and as he pulled the spicy smelling article of clothing, rather beloved article of clothing at that, over his shoulders he hid the proof of his actual pain from sight.

"Well... even though I still think you should have used it during the winter months, I actually used this jacket every day until it started getting really warm. I guess I just can't see any reason to hurt someones belongings when they were just lent to me, though I'll keep taking good care of it if you don't want it back just yet." Riz didn't have to tell R'ose that he loved this jacket, didn't have to let him know that he fell asleep in it more than once and that for some odd reason it still smelled of him. That would probably just make things awkward.

Sliding his hands through the sleeves he smacked at it and no dust came off from it despite how many times he'd cleaned in it and how few times he'd taken and gotten it washed. Why would he wash the smell off of it when it made him happy? It was like wearing a warm hug.

"Thanks for getting this Sahrawith and I'm sorry that it startled you. I'll make that little blue fire lizard pay for scaring you, don't you worry." One of his gold eyes winked at the delicate green dragon playfully and he let a smile cross his sunburned features slowly.

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:28 pm
You're welcome. Sahrawith crooned again, clearly pleased with this exchange. R'ose sent her a wave of affection to say she had every right to feel that way, and the dragonet marked it down as a good experience. Clearly if her actions made both her and hers happy, they were worth doing, and if the Radish was happy too it was a simple bonus. That is a jacket! The commentary about the firelizard was missed in her continued delight over knowing what a jacket was, and for being a good helper who brought it over to her rider and his Radish.

"Keep it for now. I mean, I'm still doing way better than you are, considering I didn't get sick in the winter and I don't look like an overcooked vegetable now." The moments of tenderness were over, replaced with R'ose's usual good-natured jabs. "I mean seriously, did you even try to not get cooked to a state of well done? I know or a fact there had to be healers at the hatching who had something you could have used to prevent this."

Honestly the teen didn't really have room to talk, as certain parts of his face still held some flakes of peeling skin. R'ose had just been able to care for himself better thanks to all the oiling he was doing with Sahrawith and that was that. His skin was certainly a lot smoother than before, and he felt as though his hands were about ten turns younger in texture. His green, for her part, was starting to get itchy.

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm
A deep breath pulled into his lungs and came out as a laugh, something about the jacket wrapped around him, Sahrawith's evident joy at having brought the jacket over to them, and R'ose joking around like his normal self were all able to pull him from the feelings of stress and pain he'd been feeling, at least alleviating it for a moment while he was in their presence anyway. These two were important to him, for different reasons of course, but both of them together were very special and he couldn't really hide that fact from them.

"Aahh" Rizdax sighed with a laugh, rubbing at the back of his head where he was sunburned even beneath his hair, "You weren't sick at all, eh? Not even a minor sniffle here and there because you were missing your jacket?" With a wink he patted at his red face with a grin.

For certain there were peeling patches of skin coming off of R'ose as well as himself, that hatching had been really peaceful and beautiful but the sun had been absolutely brutal. While very few candidates got wounded nearly all of them had come out of it with some sort of sunburn that leaned towards sickness and Rizdax had gotten the absolute worst of it with his sun poisoning. That was usual for him though, he'd actually sunburned once more on top of his current sunburn just from being outside sweeping one day, it really only took a few minutes. Summertime was the worst for him.

"I wish that stuff worked, have you seen how pale I am? I torch within minutes of being out anywhere. Spring and summer usually aren't that much fun. But it doesn't matter either way, since it looks like you're peeling a bit yourself there R'ose." Riz pointed at his own face as a way to point out the peeling patches he could see up there. "Maybe use some of that oil that's all over your hands when you oil Sahrawith on those patches."

A thought passed through his mind...

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:01 am
"It does work if you use it properly, you know. Like...really bathe in it, or something. Though to be honest, I am sort of surprised you didn't catch on fire or something being out in the sun for that long." As R'ose laughed, he felt a question pop into his mind.

Can that really happen?

No.

The dragonet seemed mildly disappointed, and R'ose had to bite his lip from not laughing out loud at that. Some things were best kept between rider and dragon and he was loving this link. "And no, I wasn't sick. Those weren't sniffles of an illness, those were....sympathy sniffles for all of those stuck in the infirmary. I can't help it that I'm such a great guy my body responds to the suffering of others."

Did that really happen?

Sure.

You're so cool.

Hattaki
sorry for short post, but it was funny....to me....

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:46 pm
Glancing down at the bright red of his chest and knowing full well how pale it generally was, Rizdax could only shrug and actually agree with the rider before him. Bathing in it sounded like it would be the only thing that would help, maybe they could just pour a bunch of it into a tub for him to live in when he was outdoors or something, that might be the only way to avoid the blistering and sickness in the future. Especially if the sands in the Weyr were as brutal as the sands had been on that beach, he still had nothing to compare those burning sands to.

"You sure that I didn't?" Riz held his arms out wide despite the jacket being on and bared his slim chest for R'ose and Sahrawith to see the aggravated redness and peeling that was happening. No amount of lathering him in lotion had helped keep the peeling at bay and the healers had eventually laughed and told him to scrub extra hard with the sands at each bath if he wanted to be rid of it faster. "I think this constitutes as catching on fire."

He wasn't completely a fool, he certainly knew that something was happening between the two of them, with that connection that they had. What it was that they were talking about was beyond him though and he had to just choose to let it go in light of the previous situation. Certainly it couldn't be anything good with how R'ose was biting at his lower lip, that generally meant that the person was trying hard not to laugh. For he'd done it himself in the past.

Narrowing his golden eyes at the taller teen he pulled a face, "'Sympathy sniffles'. That's the first time I've ever heard of that but it makes sense for you doesn't it? Being the awesome guy that you are?" Riz actually winked down at the little green, not sure if she would get it or the fact that he was being only a bit sarcastic. Deep down he actually thought that R'ose was extremely cool, he'd had exactly what it took to Impress to a beautiful green dragon after all.

That didn't mean for one damn second that Rizdax had to tell him that to his face though. R'ose would be just unbearable if he told him that, even thinking it made him flinch inwardly.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:56 pm
He is very awesome. Sahrawith had taken the wink to mean that Rizdax was talking to her, and she replied in turn. She was slowly learning that she didn't have to reply to people if she didn't want to, but if Hers was particularly fond of someone or something then maybe it meant she ought to try and like it too. That and the fact that this Radish had attempted to give her a gift, which was something she really wanted a repeat of. If being kind got her what she wanted then she didn't mind being kind.

For now. You are okay, for a Radish.

R'ose was listening in somewhat to the conversation, though his attention was mostly on how well Rizdax had actually cared for the jacket. It was endearing in a sort of way, considering the teen had all but forced it on him the first time they met. His dragon's motives were laid bare in his mind as she couldn't hide her desires, and he had to admire just how brazen she was. This dragon was going to be trouble for him in the worst kind of ways. "Just make sure you take care of yourself, okay? You gotta be ready to Impress, and who knows? If you stay boiled like this a dragon might mistake you for a root vegetable."

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:42 pm
It was there again, that slow spread of mint on his tongue that meant that Sahrawith was seconds from speaking and each time she did it melted his heart just a little bit more that she would trust him enough to speak to him directly. For what reason did she otherwise have? Of course it could have been that she was just taking the lead from her rider, who was relaxed enough around him he supposed, but Rizdax was going to take it just as that, because it made him happy enough. Honestly he didn't really deserve to be happy that someone else's dragon spoke to him since he should be holding onto it until he found his own and he so hoped that he met his own dragon.

"He is awesome, I'm glad you agree since you picked him." Rizdax offered with a soft chuckle, "I try not to resemble a radish too often but thank you for saying I'm okay."

Ready to Impress, was he ever ready to do so, it would be amazing. Just judging from the looks on the faces of all those he'd seen Impress at his first Hatching he knew that he wanted to have that experience so badly, wanted to meet the other half to his soul and being so that he could go about paying back this Weyr that he owed so much to. There was a side to him that wanted all of his friends to Impress first though, R'ose had already and that made him happy, but Shar and Nalacko needed to meet their dragons first, they'd been standing for so many turns without any luck. It would make him happy and even proud to see them both get the dragons that they deserved before he did. Not that one could argue with a dragon.

"Little will the poor dragon expect that I'll just turn into one every time I'm out in the sun. Bright as a radish or redder than a tomato maybe." Riz offered with a grin. At least his name was only being used to describe a vegetable now, it had been announced in quite a few different forms before R'ose had met Sahrawith so just settling on one had to be for her benefit certainly. A wry thought wormed through his mind but he decided to keep it to himself for the time being, there were better times to use it that wouldn't be so tense.

houllow

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:47 pm
Sahrawith tilted her head to the side as she listened to Rizdax, and although he was making sense in what he said quite a bit of it went over her head in a fell swipe. Perhaps it was because she didn't care enough or pay enough attention, but at the very least she knew he was praising Hers and that was okay. The whole notion of this Radish turning into an actual radish was easily dismissed. She may have still been learning a lot of things but at the very least she knew that humans could never become food.

"You deserve a dragon and you know it." R'ose's words were serious, though he had to think about how to rephrase that. No one really deserved a dragon, as they weren't prizes to be had, but he'd hoped his friend knew what he meant. "I mean, you're not going to be alone here. I won't be able to be around as much as I was before, not with being a rider now, but I will find time to come and bother you." He sounded so sure of himself, even if he knew it may or may not be a lie. With Thread going to be falling faster and faster as he and Sahrawith got older, there was little time for side activities, even on his days off. He probably would end up sleeping, and if Rizdax did somehow Impress....it would be good.

You really like the Radish, Mine. I think that's good. Sahrawith brushed against her rider's legs, happy to show affection in kind. I like him too, but I like you more. R'ose gave a happy reply of 'you better', which prompted the green to rumble contentedly.

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 am
Slowly, not entirely instant despite the weight of the words spoken, Rizdax's face turned serious to match R'ose's words and the solid reminder that they dropped into his stomach like a stone. Really he didn't deserve a single thing, no one on Pern did but the redhead was more than certain that he deserved even less with everything that had happened and every memory that he had. So he would just have to prove that he could handle it, that he was made of the right stuff to Impress and to stand side by side with the rider that his friend had become. In his head he already knew how good a rider and dragon R'ose and Sahrawith would become, for there was no way that drive wouldn't manifest itself in a positive way with the training they would receive.

"I know you have a lot of things to expect as you pretty girl grows, there'll be so much to do that you won't have any time to stop by and say hello anymore, but that's okay! You're about to move on to something a lot better, right? Just think, in a few months she'll be flying and in no time at all you'll be flying together, so make sure you take all that time you have and relax and be with her." It was the older brother in him that remembered what it was like to see a smaller thing grow, a smaller human or dragon, a smaller anything. Even watching Phin get bigger and bigger after he'd hatched from that strange little egg had made him a bit nostalgic. Forcing none of it to show on his face that had gone from serious to at least a bit relaxed, Riz nodded his head and gave his friend a grin. "Maybe someday I'll get a dragon and get to see what it's like too, but you don't have to worry about me. I mean, I get fed and all I have to do is clean, as long as I can get my knot back I'll be okay."

It had actually crossed his mind that standing and not Impressing someday would lead to him becoming a drudge anyway, so it was good to get in the experience in cleaning while he could in case that happened. Probably the first thing he would do was go to a certain hold though, see if a caravan was headed there... finally get the last answer that he needed to get, to have in order to submit to such a life. Cleaning for the rest of his life wasn't anywhere near as good as it would be to fly on a dragon, but he was resolute in his desire to pay back HR, it had been the only thing in his mind for the past two turns and maybe there would be something he'd have to do about that in the future but for now...

Hearing the rumble that the small green as she interacted with her rider made him sigh inwardly with happiness for R'ose. "You two probably have a lot of things to do that don't involve talking to some walking root vegetable in the hallway." Riz said with a laugh and he glanced down for a moment and smiled at the green, "Sorry the first one disappeared with your chosen one's fire lizard Sahrawith, I'll make you something even better the next time R'gan has some beads ready, don't you worry."

With that he stepped backwards, even if he really did want to spend time with them, they were busy and had a lot of things on their plates certainly so his own wants were selfish in the face of theirs. Despite his words he really did look forward to seeing them again and at least the last ones had been a promise that he would find them, even if it was for a short time for something equally selfish on his part. R'ose wasn't the first friend he'd made here but he was just as important, so there were ways.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:26 pm
The dragon and rider pair watched as the young man departed quite abruptly, and R'ose sighed as he moved a hand to rub at one of his eyes. Sahrawith crooned at his side, her tiny head rubbing against his leg as her eyes swirled. Something's wrong with that one. Why is he so worried and upset? Her words might have sounded harsh and could have been taken that way, if not for the gentle wash that accompanied them. You're worried about him too, I think.

R'ose knelt down to place a hand on her head, pulling the tiny green close. Their bond was ridiculously strong and he needed to keep himself level if he wanted her to make it through without problems. "He's a really good friend of mine. I'm just worried he's going to be lonely with me around." He should have been speaking in their mental connection but sometimes saying things out loud helped. "I mean, he doesn't have that many friends."

You don't have many friends either, I think. But you do have me and that's all that matters right? The green was so smug and confident, and R'ose snuggled Sahrawith closer with a laugh. Don't laugh, I'm being serious!

"I know, I know." R'ose got to his feet with another rub of her headknobs, and he looked off at the figure now in the distance. "Hopefully he'll have someone one day too."

Hattaki
and we're done! i'll mark this closed and we can plot more, muhahaha

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items