Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[DUEL] Caia/Majuto

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
KasaiLoki rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 2, 3, 2 Total: 19 (5-30)

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 pm
Everything was just a whirlwind of events. From spying on the Mfalme practically blind his 'friend', to trying to convince Aisu that her chosen mate was not the most angelic creature she would know, to leaving behind the only world she knew, and finally being picked up by a short striped male in regards to joining his pride. Before Caia knew it, she was in the pride territory that was now called the Ukuhlwa'Izwe, or Outlands as the members referred to it. It was definitely different than what she was use to, yet there was a sense of intrigue that made her stay. She wasn't wanted back home. Whatever happened there well, it was up to Aisu and her chosen mate. The seer only hoped everything would work out well.

But now was a moment of truth. In this new land, Caia needed to work to get a rank. And that meant a duel.

...She had never fought anyone in her life. Her dark pelt was meticulous, no scratches or marks on it. Apparently, that wasn't good. She needed to have some type of scars to prove herself. The question was...why?

It was something she never thought of in her life. Her golden eyes stared at her opponent, the wind whistling past her. "Right. I'm glad you are still here." She said to the wind, but to any around her it would seem as if she was talking to her opponent.

"So...we just go?" She debated, nodding. "Okay. right. Charge!" she headed straight for the male, intent on just...knocking him over?  
Krysin rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 3, 5, 3 Total: 21 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:02 pm
He considered it his duty to test out the new pride members. All needed a duel to fall within their ranks, and those that did not win their bout were in for a few hard months of training. The pride did not harbor the weak, and while fighting was not everyone's strong suit, it was a necessary skill here. Before him stood a lioness fresh from the rogue lands, and one look at all her was all he needed to know that she was untested. Whatever hardships she had endured in her life were not enough to mark her skin.

Her pelt was too pristine, too perfect. It was pitiable, really, and he hoped that she earned a few good scars from this duel. Just because she was a lioness, it did not mean that he would go easy on her. Majuto treated all who challenged him as equals, and if she was not strong enough to beat him... three months as an Unbranded would whip her into shape.

"Wait, hold on there! You're overeager!" He sighed as the lioness charged at him. For his bulk, he was deceptively nimble, and stepped to the side in time to escape her charge. Wasn't she a feisty thing?

"No introductions?

Well, hi, I'm Majuto. Fancy seeing a pretty lioness like you here in these neck of the termite mounds." He turned slowly to face her, gaze focused on her just in case she tried another foolhardy charge at him. If he hadn't been paying attention, she could have caught him by surprise.

"Well, if you'd rather skip introductions and get on with it, I'm game. Come at me, again. Use your head a little more this time."  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:22 pm
Krysin

Caia felt herself skidding to a stop at he said you'd rather skip the introductions. "Wait. We are suppose to introduce ourselves to each other before a duel starts." Her golden eyes narrowed as they shifted to the side of her. "You never told me we needed to INTRODUCE our self. Sheesh. Er...I'm Caia? Is that how this works?" The dark lioness asked. "I'm sorry, I am definitely NOT good at this. Do we just...spar? Like, not to the death or anything...?" Boy did Caia have a lot to learn about this pride.

Maybe she should stay the unbranded. Learn the necessary skills of an outlander before becoming one.

"Use my head? Like this?" The lioness ran at the male again, her head bowed low, aiming for his shoulder. This is such a bad idea. This is going to hurt I know it. But there was no stopping herself now. Unless the male side stepped her attack, she would end up with a rather nasty headache after this.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 pm
"Well... I guess you don't have to -" He had tried to get in more with the lioness, but she seemed to be a jumbled mess of words and intentions. If her pelt hadn't given her away as a new member, her demeanor certainly would. She had no idea what the inner workings of the pride were, but she was here anyways. Something had drawn her to the Outlands, and Majuto would make sure that she never saw any reason to leave. He'd teach her just how strong this pride could make her.

"Wait, what? If we were fighting to the death how would you even be able to join the pride?" He had finally managed to get a word in with her, but that was only because she jumped from one stupid motion to the next. He watched her, dumbfounded as she lowered her head and charged at him. Her intent was clear - to use her head as a battering ram against him.

The only issue was that Majuto was all muscle and had a very thick mane to protect him from the blunt of the blow. In a split second, he decided his best option was to stand his ground. He squared his shoulders and dug his feet into the ground. When she hit him, she struck him with enough force to cause him to growl from pain.

He supposed the duel really had started, and he wasn't here to take it easy on her. He rose a paw, and aimed a strike at her shoulder to knock her away from him if her incoming disaster of a headache did not do that for him.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:38 pm
Krysin

As she expected, when she hit the male, she hit him hard. She was sure she even heard a crack, probably from her own skull (likely just the sound of impact in general), when her body collided with his. As the male growled in pain, so did she, the pounding in her head enough for her to just call off the fight in general.

Woozy, the lioness' thoughts only semi-cleared when claws made contact with her shoulder. She gasped, jumping sideways away from the male. The damage was already done. She took a moment to glance down at her shoulder, it rotating around her before she turned her gaze back to the male. "Why are there two of you now? That's highly unfair..." she said, taking a short step forward, stumbling.

She felt the wind around her. "What do you mean there is only one of him. Surely there is two. Hey. Stand still will you!" Caia called out to the male. "I don't think this is such a fair duel. I'm sure there is no way to call this off right now. Right?" She took another cautious step forward, towards one of the two circling males, aiming a clawed paw towards one. "Gotchu. Wait." She shook her head, leaving an opportunity for attack, the two forms merging in to one. "Let me try that again now that there is one of you."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:47 pm
Majuto could only think that she'd knocked her head so damned hard that she went off into crazy land with the way she was talking to herself. For a moment, all he wanted to do was watch and listen to her rambling instead of carrying on the bout. It gave her just a moment of reprieve to try and set her head straight, though Majuto doubted she was even capable of that. Whomever had picked this one up in the rogue lands had clearly missed the signs of the crazy.

"You could, but you would be Unbranded for nearly a season and have to undergo rigorous training to make sure you're fit to fight, which I'm sure you don't want to do either..." Majuto sighed, knowing that her chances of winning the duel were slim to none. He was a lion skilled in fighting, and she was but a crazy, madly twirling leaf in the wind.

It was better to end this quickly so she did not have to suffer too hard. Before her vision cleared, he surged forward to try and grab her by the nape of her neck with his jaws and throw her down into the ground. If he hurt her, so be it. The best lessons were received with pain. It made them harder to forget. Today she'd learn to never let her guard down in a fight, and never trust an opponent to take it easy on her just because she was adorably out of her mind.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm
Krysin

Before the lioness could swing, she felt something sharp on her neck. What felt like an eternity was only an instant as the lioness landed to the ground with a loud thud. She shouted out at the attack, eyes bleary as pain not only shot from where the male grabbed her, but throughout her body from the impact. Her head all the way down to the tip of her tail bone rattled as she gasped. "I yield. I yield." She said, grabbing her head. "No more please!" She peeked through her paws at his form. "I can't beat you..." she said sullenly.

"I don't know why the stubby striped guy told me to come with him." She said to the other. "I am obvious not the best candidate for your pride." Her paws drifted to her neck, feeling small rivets of liquid from it.

Oh...oh dear. Was there a healer nearby?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:04 pm
He knew the duel was over the moment she hit the ground, and as she pleaded with him that she yielded, he backed off. The male took a few steps back, giving the lioness her space to recover from the hard blow. He did not want to give her the impression that he would continue to hut her even after she had fallen. The duel had served its purpose, though. It was clear to see that Caia needed more training before she could rise through the regular ranks of the pride.

"You did fine," he comforted her. "Just because you lost, that does not mean you do not belong. You fought me despite having little knowledge of how to fight. You had courage, and we respect that kind of courage." With a little fine tuning, she'd turn out to be a fine Outlander.

"Now, shake it off and stand up." She was bleeding - the bite to her neck may have been a little too deep, but the injury was nothing but superficial. It would heal in time, and for now it was good for her to feel that pain and recognize what it meant. She was weak, but she could get stronger. "You'll have to be Unbranded for three months. Do you know what that means? You'll undergo rigorous training to make you a suitable fighter. Next time, you'll be able to hold your own against me, Caia."

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 pm
Krysin

If Caia was in her right mind, she probably would be blushing from the comment of doing fine. But Caia wasn't of sound mind on a normal day, which meant the small praise went unnoticed.

Now he wanted her to stand? Right. Don't show anymore weakness that you have already. She sighed, rising to her shaky paws, take a step to stable herself. "Rigorous training. Great..." she murmured. "I guess I need it though." She looked to the left, "you were no help at all." she said to the empty space, before focusing back towards the dusty colored male. "What...was your name again?" She hadn't really caught it at the start of their duel.

"Maybe. No offense, but...I don't want to duel you next time. Maybe in like...a few years when you lose that muscle mass?" She tried to joke with him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm
"You do," Majuto assured her, and then tried not to look too disturbed when she started talking to the empty air beside her. He had to wonder how she survived in the rogue lands with that level of crazy. His curiosity was piqued, because he also wanted to know how she would make do within the pride. Perhaps her time as an Unbranded would... knock some sense back into her head. The training was strict, but it had to be in order to mold their youth and new members into strong lions.

"It's Majuto, Caia," he told her patiently. He tried to handle her delicately, mostly because he was sure she had some sort of head injury, and if she didn't well... her crazy really did come out of nowhere.

He had to laugh at her insistence not to duel him again for some time yet. The sound was deep in his chest, but a rich, warm sound. The dark lion stepped up to her, and winked a playful red eye. "It's a date, then," he promised her. Still chuckling, the lion walked off back towards one of the cave systems. Someone else would surely step in to make sure Caia was actually okay.

Majuto was good at making injuries - not treating them.  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces