Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[OOC] The Blood of the Sands (Marriage & Breeding)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ukuhlwa Izwe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:35 pm
◈ || The Blood and The Bond || ◈
our family

In days of old, flings were considered something of a no-no and accidents were corrected by forced marriages. During their travel in the rogue lands, Ashiki and her kin have realized both that marriages do not always end well and the blood of Scar and their founders must always continue if they hope to keep their ancestors placated. It may be a sore point among their older members but Ashiki has decided that with this founding, marriages are not prerequisites to having cubs and that those who do not wish to tie themselves should not be required to do so.

This change does not negate a parent from the responsibility of raising their cubs nor does it mean that reckless abandon will go unchecked. While the Academy will be primarily responsible for educating their Broodlings and the Military will be primarily responsible for training their Unbranded, each parent is solely responsible for teaching their offspring the importance of family, honor and loyalty. Any parent found to be neglecting their parental duties can face trial for neglect and any parent found to be spreading themselves too thin by procreating recklessly may earn the ire of the pride around them.

Marriage

Marriage is still treated as the ultimate form of loyalty within the pride but is suggested only for their older members that are certain of their hearts and ambitions. It is a commitment to binding two lions together to create a new family that will, in essence, combine two lines of ancestors for the greater good of their descendants. It is not to be treated lightly and is considered to be a very tough choice.

Regulations
          • Marriages are primarily for the benefit of the two lions committing to their bond but must be performed in the presence of a Clergy member (any rank will do) to mark it in their family history and ensure it is not forgotten (additionally, it must be recorded in your membership post).
          • An absolute oath must be taken, including the words "By Blood and Bone".
          • Each marriage is defined by the lions entering it and they may lay their own foundations for what they expect out of one another during the ceremony, binding it with this oath.
          • It is not necessary for them to be of opposite sex.
          • It is not a requirement that they are monogamous UNLESS that is included in the marriage vows.

Breaking any oath made to one another during a marriage is cause for trial before the Monarch & Clergy. It is taken that seriously and your lion would do well to remember such. For this reason, young lions that choose to take an oath will be looked upon oddly and NO adolescent may take an oath before they have graduated beyond the rank of the Unbranded.

The One Rule
          Although many things have changed for the pride in terms of breeding and marriage, there is one absolute rule that must be obeyed by all members without question:

NO HYBRIDS.

Non-lions are not honored in the pride, they are not cared for by the ancestors, and diluting an Outlander's bloodline with a lesser being is a cause for treason. Hybrids themselves are considered abominations for their tainted blood and their general inability to procreate and no lion of the Outlands is ever expected to treat them with kindness and absolutely forbidden from partaking in activities that will create them.

If a male has fathered hybrids outside of the pride and has been found out, he will be exiled. If a female gives birth to hybrids inside of the pride, she will be exiled and any pride member is given permission to try and kill the halflings.

(Obviously we will not power play cub murder so if you would like to plot a lioness having a hybrid litter, please reach out to a pride owner but do not abuse this just because. Additionally, we will not tolerate 'secret births' or 'secret litters' as a plot device - you either inform us or you do not pursue a hybrid litter.)

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:06 pm
◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

◈ The Binding ◈

Marriage, although not required, is a very serious deal in the Outlands. It it not just two lions bonding themselves together but, too, binding their families and their ancestors in a way that goes beyond the physical beings of the two parties. For this reason, after a pair of lions takes the unbreakable oath, there is a period of testing their bond - and that of their families.

For the marriage itself, they will have a witnessing Clergy member and each lion will choose up to two witnesses from their family (for a total of four). If, for whatever reason, a lion does not have a family member present or they are not on good terms with them, they may choose a close friend instead. These lions will not only be witness to the ceremony, but for the following week they will be bound to the wedding party and participate in duels on behalf of the married couple.

For those lions that choose to test the bond of these families, AND the members of the witness group, there will be honorific titles that can be awarded.

• Each marriage period takes one week total both OOC and IC
            • Duels with the honored families will count for twice the points of regular duels.
            • These duels do not have to be finished to count towards the marriage contest for titles, however:
                - Both players must have posted their rolls
                - There must be ONE roleplay post from each person filled out

• Although these roleplays do not need to be finished for the contest, they must be finished in order to claim your points in the Dueling System Thread.
            • You do not need to participate in an OOC marriage event for your pair to get married but if you choose not to hold an event you are not allowed to earn the points or the titles associated with it.

Titles
          There are two titles awarded exclusively during wedding events.

For the member of the witnessing party that achieves the most points, they will earn themselves the title: Eye of the Ancestors

For the member of the pride that achieves the most points VERSUS the wedding party, they will earn themselves the title: The Inquisitor's Claw

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

Ukuhlwa Izwe

Ukuhlwa Izwe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:50 pm
◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

◈ Sequence of Events ◈

In Character
          There is not much flare in an Outlands wedding ceremony - your lions will need to seek out a member of the Clergy to preside over the ceremony and select two members of their family (or close friends) for official witnesses (more than two each may still attend, they are just not a part of the wedding party). They will make an unbreakable oath to one another, detailing their commitments.

A good template for this is as follows:
          I am (insert name), (insert all titles). I promise (spouse's name) that I will love (her/him) and only (him/her), that I will raise our cubs with pride and dignity, and that our family will be stronger together than apart. By blood and bone, I swear this oath to (him/her).

Example:
          I am Azzan, Scion of Tahka. I promise Chau that I will lover her and only her, that I will raise our cubs with pride and dignity, and that our family will be stronger together than apart. By blood and bone, I swear this oath to her.

Remember, though, your vows are your own and they do not need to include promises of monogamy! What they promise to each other is their choice.

After this ceremony, the wedding party will go about their lives as normal - except that they will be required to accept challenges from any lion in the pride that wishes so and will be representing the newly forged bond of the two married lions.

Once a period of one week has passed, it's over. It is assumed that it has been witnessed by the ancestors and that the bond has been tested as true. Remember, the point of these duels is not to see how strong the wedding party is by winning - it is only to test their commitment to one another and the joining families.

Out of Character
          A marriage can be assumed without any roleplays or you can choose which ones you want to do and which ones you don't. You can do everything, just the ceremony, just the duels, or nothing. It's as simple as you want to make it!

However, if you choose to go through with the dueling event portion I will at least need you to fill out a form so that I can keep track of who is getting married and when the double points are being distributed.

The Form

Please post the following form in this thread!

[b]Spouse One:[/b]
          (cert here)
          [b]Witnesses:[/b] [url=link to cert]Name One[/url], [url=link to cert]Name Two[/url]

[b]Spouse Two:[/b]
          (cert here)
          [b]Witnesses:[/b] [url=link to cert]Name One[/url], [url=link to cert]Name Two[/url]

[b]Clergy Member:[/b]
          (cert here)

[quote="Felyn"][/quote]

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:34 pm
Spouse One: Azzan
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Witnesses: Ta, Isigidi

Spouse Two: Chausika
Witnesses: Azisa, Imaski

Clergy Member: Ruka

Felyn

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:05 pm
Z o m b i k ii
Spouse One: Azzan
Witnesses: Ta, Isigidi

Spouse Two: Chausika
Witnesses: Azisa, Imaski

Clergy Member: Ruka

Felyn

Pandorus Sphinx

Krysin

Ctrl F Greenie

Anderleit

Double point duels for/with your characters begins today and ends 8/1/18 at 8PM EST.

This is a reminder that for a roleplay to count towards the wedding contest, each player must have posted their roll to determine a winner. For the points to be counted towards the final dueling count in the pride, you must finish the roleplay.

Have fun!  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff