Submit

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:28 am
Name: Kobina
Stage: Youngling
Race: Pure Shifter
3 Base Traits: Curious, Solitary, Shy

Personality: Incredibly shy around those of his own kind, he prefers solitude to interacting with others. In the canopies that house the village, he tends to keep to himself and avoid contact with others unless it is absolutely necessary. As he descends into the under-forest, though, a much more vibrant personality comes out. He is curious about life, particularly that which dwells in the darkest parts of the forest. The young Shifter will follow these strange creatures to the point of becoming entirely lost, though that doesn’t bother him much as he eventually finds his way back.

Description: Short, dark gray hair, hanging just past his ears, kept out of the way to be easier to manage during his excursions. His rounded crystals are scattered across his shoulders, with a handful along each hip in a deep blue, barely visible against his darker, daylight complexion.

Clothing: N/A

Accessories: A simple satchel, to carry gathered items in.

History:

An only child from a line of prominent warriors, his parents, as their parents, and theirs before, tended toward training those young who were of age to take up the blade against an inevitable resurgence of hostility. Though they had expected the unease with the Alkidike to spawn a new war, with the new threat, they continued to train as they always had, knowing of no other way. Their training led to the pair providing only the most basic of care to ensure the child's survival. This early neglect led to Kobina's preference of solitude, keeping to himself rather than to surround himself with other Earthlings, particularly his parents. As he has grown, the pair has begun attempting to include him in their lessons, though he often attempts to avoid such things, overwhelming as the smallest groups can prove.

With their sudden persistence, he has grown to detest his parents, their students, and anything to do with their battles. Kobina is more than content to remain in the under-forest, finding the lack of others to be extremely comforting. He would much rather stave off the questionably-intentioned creatures of the darkness, than to deal with those of a more sentient nature.

He frequently gets lost in the darkness, following the odd creatures and the glowing plants. It typically ends with his parents or other adults tracking him down and near-dragging him back to the village, though he will sneak away at the next given moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:43 pm
Kobina sounds like a cutie! And you seem to have a good starting point here so I'm gonna just ask some general questions for the sake of expansion on the concept - how does Kobina's playfulness tie in to his shyness? Does he end up making some friends due to his playfulness, or is he an out and out loner? Does he wish he had more friends/does he get lonely, or is he happy at whatever level of interaction he has? Does his shyness ever make him feel like an outcast? And do you see him as having any particular reason for his mentalities in this regard (whether it be something he's self conscious about, his upbringing, a bad experience, or what have you) or is he just a naturally shy individual?

Is Kobina an only child? Does he ever wish he got more attention from his parents or feel neglected? The history section is brief enough that I'm really just wondering a little more about Kobina's upbringing and family situation.

So far, everything you have in history and personality look good, just prodding to flesh him out a little. I do have one world-related comment on his appearance though - you say he has 'dark' hair - do you mean the darkest shade of shifter hair (which is a sort of medium grey) or were you imagining something else? All pureblood shifter hair varies from white to grey (though you can dye for cosmetic effect if you want something other than their official color range).  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:13 am
The Only Black Uke

Thanks!~ I reworked a bit of his personality and history (he doesn't have a lot, being a youngling). I was sort of rushing a little last time, so looking back, some of what I had didn't make sense for what I had in mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:24 pm
PrinceFigment

Hi! First of all welcome to the shop! c:

So while your character looks good so far I do have a few questions to help get thoughts rolling...

I know he's a youngling but it's also okay to talk briefly about the parents to give an idea of what his family is like. Are his parents friendly, super in love with each other, or did they marry because they work well together? (Just a few examples of how you can kinda explain their story of how he came to be born and what we can expect in the future between him and his family - if they're close or if he's going to grow distant from them because of their disagreements about what he should learn / explore.)

Also speaking of his parents - when you say high-ranking members I wanted to confirm what you exactly meant by that - are they mentors / teachers? Experienced hunters who train younger ones? Or? Shifter society is greatly made up of warriors/hunters and little villages scattered here and there throughout the tree tops of Jahaur. So for me to read high-ranking member I would assume you mean a veteran warrior, craftsman, or hunter. ^-^ I'm just curious about what his parents fall under in that regards. Explaining that could also help us to understand what exactly his parents attempt to teach him that he shies away from. Maybe his mother wants to teach him a craft and he would prefer not to do that or perhaps he doesn't want to be interested in fighting since he would just rather explore / gain knowledge for example.

Also since he is a youngling does he have to sneak out from home to go and explore? Would his parents be okay with their young child going out into the lower forest areas that are far more dangerous than the safe paths of the village? Does he get into trouble when he ventures out? How does his family handle it and how does he react?  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 pm
Sabra Knight

Ok. Did some edits to the history portion.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:53 pm
Updated, again!~  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 am
PrinceFigment
Updated, again!~

Thanks! Alright I think I just have some final questions...

Is he going to always despise his parents or is he more just disgruntled with them for stopping him from exploring? Will they ever bridge their relationship? It's just he's so young so despising them is a very strong emotion.

Obviously parents and children don't have to get along but I was just being curious about how that can shape him for the future plot wise.

Also on the note of curiosity (it's ok if you have no idea yet) do you have any inkling of where he'll go as he grows up? Will he leave home? Keep exploring? Even become a treasure Hunter? Just some questions to get you thinking about where you want to take him once he's approved. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:53 am
Sabra Knight

I doubt his disposition toward his parents will continue, once they reach a mutual understanding about his lack of interest in fighting. He'll probably find something else when he's older, but I'm not sure exactly where he'll be. Likely not in the village.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 am
PrinceFigment

Got it. smile

I know you say he will probably leave the village but do you have any vague ideas of what class path may interest him? I know he's just a child but I just wanted to let you know (since you're new and may not have seen all the classes yet) that it sounds like his interests may line up.with the treasure hunter path (it's non battle and explorer friendly). Just throwing that out there for you to consider as he grows.

Also I know he's solitary now but how do you imagine him handling others as he grows? Will he ever make a few friends or is he set on the true loner path? Will he carry a grudge against Alkidikes too or is he more willing to give them a chance since the races are working together a lot more in recent events? Or will he dislike them because they inspired his parents to focus so much on fighting?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 am
Sabra Knight

As he grows up, his interests may change, so I'm not totally sure which path he'll eventually end up in. And he's likely to make some friends, but he may never really like the fighting-type much. He'll probably avoid warriors.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 pm
PrinceFigment

He seems good to go. ^^ Please let us know if you have any more questions about the world!

APPROVED

Journal  
◈ Character Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces