Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:04 am
User Image

After a very awkward time trying her luck with the twins, Kimondo was ready to talk to Yueyun. He was a closer friend and so much easier to figure out. His circumstances were so much more similar to Kimondo's, who could truly understand what the twins had gone through? Still, she was not immune to offending him so she was reserved but significantly more relaxed.

"I dunno if you've figured it out based on who came here with me," she started, acknowledging that it was a trio of siblings who accompanied her to meet with the Empress and Emperor in the central house, "I'm going to tell you a secret, I trust that you will keep it."

The list of those who knew was getting long and that meant the secret was more and more likely to get out, but she was prepared for that eventuality. More so now than she had been before this trip, in fact.

"I didn't only come here to meet the Emperor and Empress, I came to meet Zhong Chao and Zhong Tiao of the West House," Kimondo explained finally, "Lord Fuu and Princess Selene survived the attack by Shangyue and have been living here. If you want to meet your grandparents, I can take you to them."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:35 am
User Image

Yueyun was puzzled by Kimondo's initial statement (figured what out exactly?) and had just begun to frown in thought when she admitted she had a secret to tell. Of course he'd keep it, she was not just the Queen but a friend, one that had likely saved his life in the course of unwittingly gaining her throne. He nodded, noting as he did so that she almost seemed...nervous? Reserved, certainly. But why? He watched her as she continued, half-nodding in acknowledgement...

Oh.

...Oh.

Wait, what?

For a long moment he just stared at her, red eyes barely blinking. Just as the silence had begun to long stretch into akwardness, he took an unsteady half-step, as though dizzied by the questions spinning through his head. Howwherewhywhatimpossiblebutwhatifcoulditbe...

"...It's really them?" He finally said, his voice straining to remain even. It was no use--there was a note of hope there that was nearly painful. "You're sure?"  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:40 pm
"I'm sure," Kimondo said confidently, easing up when Yueyun didn't immediately act like this was a terrible idea. The situation was a complicated one but it was pretty straightforward. Meshach had taken the greatest risk in confirming it for himself and the seers who guessed the truth..

"There are a few who know they're here," she said, "Nobody told me until I was Queen. The rebel leaders knew, but Lailah K'chol still does not."

A simple statement that demanded explanation. When she continued, there was a sad but confident tone in her voice that clearly said this had been discussed already.

"While Shangyue was alive, they were better off a secret," she said, "And when we overthrew him, they lost the right to reclaim the pride from us. They gave it up by staying here, and that's what they wanted. I.. I offered it back to them, to Selene, but she refused."

She hesitated before sharing the truth with her friend, but felt she might burst keeping that secret entirely to herself.

"I should warn you before we meet them," she added, frowning, "Lord Fuu was scarred in his fight with Shangyue. He has fewer than Meshach but they're deeper and more vicious."

A clear reminder of just why the West House was so tense around them.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm
Yueyun could not help but agree that this secret was one better kept while his father was alive. Shangyue had suffered little of anything that posed a potential threat to his rule; something that had only grown more rabid as his hold upon the pride slipped. If he had known Selene and Fuu yet lived, he would have sought to...correct that. It took him a moment to follow through the rest, but he could see how the former heirs of the Mwezi might have lost their claim...and why they might have little wish to reclaim it at all. It was hardly unknown that some older members of the pride thought the throne cursed--their recent history was full of monarchs who did not reign for long before one calamity or another ousted them.

He paused at the warning. Moving foward with this meant he would see yet more evidence of the cruelty that had dwelled in his father's heart. And yet, what was one more against what he already knew? "I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not," he noted sadly. "It is like him to have done that."

He took a deep breath, steadying his nerves. It was not every day you learned that ghosts yet lived...  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:36 am
Kimondo nodded grimly, though she had been somewhat surprised by the sight of Fuu when she arrived.. but it had come with a better understanding of why the West House nobles were so cautious with them and that realization had been much heavier.

"Come on," she said, walking past him and leading him to where she knew Selene and Fuu would be waiting to meet their grandchildren. Though they were trying not to get their hopes up, the truth was that Selene was very eager to meet them. Already she had spoken more than she had in a long time, just with Kimondo.. and yet they were sitting quietly together while they waited, Selene leaning on Fuu, almost dozing while he stayed alert.

User Image + scars
User Image

When Fuu saw Kimondo and Yueyun coming, he stood up. Selene's eyes popped open immediately and she looked off to see the two approaching lions. She looked from the younger duo to Fuu and breathed a soft sigh of relief. Whatever she had been expecting, this wasn't it. She nuzzled into her mate's mane for a second before standing up to greet them.

He looks like Fuu, she thought, grateful for that.

Fuu noticed, too, and was smiling when they approached. The scars on his muzzle made it slightly crooked, but it was sincere. Selene stepped forward to meet them, noticing the orange eyes and pushing herself past them to pull him in for a hug. Kimondo stopped a few steps back from Yueyun when Selene began to move, also smiling.

"This is Yueyun, one of Shangyue's true-born sons," she introduced, "Yueyun, this is Duke Chao and Duchess Tiao of the West House of the Tianxia.. and your grandparents."

Excited Apathy

[IC] Tianxia Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff