Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] One hunter to another (Anya, Camayo, Rosha’Nasrin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:09 am
User Image

Oh, she was on a roll today.

The lioness would be purring if it weren't for the fact that she was in the midst of hunting, and the last thing she needed was to startle her prey. Already, she had caught a good handful of food and had had to bury them in sand to keep them from getting scavenged. She would need to go retrieve them soon though. There was only so much she could carry in one trip.

Creeping across the sand as she was, you would think that having such a dark pelt would clue her prey in to her position, but she grew up with sand. She knew how to hunt on it. She was actually fairly sure that that was part of the reason she had been promoted to the rank of -Maji. That, and with recent events.... well, Anya just wanted to help her pride as best she could.

Which is why she spent so much time hunting nowadays. She would need to make up to Burny for it. Her poor mate probably missed her as much as she missed him, and she wanted to listen to one of his stories sometime too.

Back to the matter at hand though, she braced herself before leaping forward on light paws and, with a grace that was probably surprising for someone running across loose, dry sand, snatched up the seagull before it could so much as squeak in surprise.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Camayo was always eager to have any time he could get with his mate, and hunting was some of the best time they had together. It was quite nice to have a mate that did the same work you did in the pride. It often seemed to lead to more time together and really knowing how to not get on each other's nerves. You could not make a go of it without that last bit.

The male padded along beside his mate, as quietly as can be, watching the patterns of the birds around them and wondering if they should grab a few more of the birds. They did not have very much of a pile, but they DID have a woven net to carry their load in, so if they got a few more, that would not be a problem. Camayo came up short as he saw a lioness leap and take out a bird. Perhaps they should find another hunting spot, this one seemed taken.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rosha was trying to place the scent she had been picking up for a while. Her mate was preoccupied with the seagulls they were hunting, but she kept turning her attention to the odd scent. She thought she should know it, but it was escaping her. She knew it was another lioness, but she just could not identify who. That bothered her more than she would have liked to admit. Then again, it should bother her since it meant someone else was likely in this area to hunt.

Rosha was just about to say something to Camayo about finding a new area to stalk, when she saw the movement and turned her attention to the lioness as well. There was the source of the scent, and it was someone that they should know! Okay so neither of them had actually been introduced to the lioness that was now the Maji, but they knew who she was. Rosha could not help but admire the other lioness' skill at taking down the seagull. "It would seem we are not the only ones that find hunting Seagulls to be productive."

MangoMeow

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:00 pm
Anya's tail swished cheerfully as she straightened up, the bird held firmly in her jaws, and it took her a moment to realize that there was someone - two someones - nearby. Alright, she should go back and retrieve her other catches now. Hopefully she would have time leftover to catch something else, or perhaps she could go find Burny.

It was Rosha speaking that finally clued her in to their presence. The lioness turned around with a blink, before smiling around the seagull and then dropping it down by her feet. "They're not the most attentive creatures, but they can be fast when they want to be." She chuckled, "All the more fun, in my opinion." And they were a newer challenge for her, since coming to the Bahari. Seagulls weren't exactly common in the desert.

She observed the couple for a moment. They were of her pride, that much she knew, and if she should hazard a guess, probably Kinengwe as well, since they spoke of hunting being productive. She was still getting used to memorizing everyone's names, unfortunately, but that was something she wanted to change. This was a good place to start.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Anya!"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:52 pm
"It would seem you are correct, Rosha. It is good to see we are not the only adventurous ones." Camayo gives a bow and a charming smile to the female. "We find they are fairly easy to catch in quantity which allows for a decent haul... though we always bring a net to carry them all." He could not help but smile at the female. If this was the Maji, he wanted to make sure he made a good impression. He really did not want her to think he and his mate needed separated during their duties.

Rosha nods agreement with her mate's words. "We have not caught that many so far, but we were a little late getting started today." She gives a sheepish look at that. They had slept in by accident and had hoped nobody would notice. Rosha couldn't bare the other hunter thinking they were in adequate hunters, but she feared they might get into trouble for being lazy now. Oh what had she done?

MangoMeow

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am
They needn't have worried, not that they had any reason to know that. As long as the pride's rations were up to snuff, Anya wasn't too worried about when they went about their duties. After all, some hunters worked best at different times of the day.

So the lioness simply chuckled, "Well, I may have cleared out most of the available prey around here." She went through a mental checklist of where each hunter would be heading today, before turning her head to point further down the beach. "I was just about to head back with my catches though, and I don't think anyone has gone down that way yet. I bet you can find a good haul there."

And then she paused as she finally took in the net they were carrying. How clever! "Oh! That's handy." She grinned, "I bet you can carry quite a bit with you with that."

She'd never thought to bring one with her before. Maybe she would need to bring that up as an option for all the Kinengwe... assuming most didn't already do so. She should check on that. It was probably something she should know about, and it would be a little bit... embarrassing if she broached that topic to everyone when they all already knew about it.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:28 pm
Camayo hoped his mate's comment wouldn't get them into trouble, but he too had not thought before speaking. He likely could have gotten them into as much trouble with a wrong word, so he could not really blame her. He was happy to see that the Maji was not inclined to grump at them so far. They were making a good impression from what he could tell, and that was more than enough for the male. He rather wished he had a spare net with them to lend to the female since she did have a decent catch to take back, though.

Rosha nodded and looked toward where the female pointed. "We will head that way, then, thank you. We do carry quite a bit with this... we can fill it full and carry between us... and end up with a lot more than either of us could carry alone. It also works for carrying stubborn cubs back to the den." The female chuckled and noticed the smirk on her mate's muzzle as she spoke. Oh yes, they had plenty of experience with THAT with their first litter.

"Perhaps you should borrow our net and return it when your catch has been hauled back? We can easily hunt until you come out to us." Rosha had to say it was one of her brighter ideas and maybe it would help the Maji carry everything in one trip instead of several. It would certainly be nice to be of assistance to another.

MangoMeow

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 am
Anya laughed at the mention of carrying cubs back with it, "To their chagrin, I'm sure." Though honestly, had that happened to her as a cub, she probably would have just thought it a great game.

At Rosha's suggestion, the lioness' ears perked up, "Oh! Is that alright?" I wouldn't want to interrupt or delay your hunt." She was used to coming back to retrieve her catches, so it wouldn't be too much work for her, but she had to admit that she was massively curious to try using the net. It would be nice to try handling it before investing in getting once for herself.

Though... she would probably get one regardless. It sounded like a useful tool to have while hunting, and something worth learning how to use.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:01 pm
Rosha giggled and thought of her cubs and their very active youths. "I think they quite enjoyed the ride, though they did tend to fight getting IN the net." She had enjoyed raising a family very much and missed her cubs being young. They were all grown now and being productive members of the pride themselves. She was both very proud, and rather sad over that. "We can make a pile of what we catch and when you bring back the net, we can load and return. It should not delay us any at all."

Camayo was very proud of his mate's idea. It was a very good one, and would certainly help the lioness before them without any inconvenience to themselves. "We certainly will not miss the net while we are hunting, and I doubt we will be done hunting until long after you have carried your load back to the pride stores. Go on, take it. We will even help you load your haul."

MangoMeow

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 am
She considered their words for a moment longer, before smiling and nodding. "Alright then. I really appreciate it!"

Anya tilted her head to the side, and gestured with her tail behind her, "I left the rest of my catch back there. We can get it loaded on, and I'll head there and back, fast as a fish." Plus, it would be nice to see how best to handle it before she took it. She made a mental note to ask them for tips beforehand.

With that, the lioness turned and started trotting over to where she'd buried the rest of it.

Kathryn Dragonna
End with next post, maybe?

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces