Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
(PRP)Ready to get back to work? (Hurricane Wing Drill Game)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:21 pm
With the cold winter beginning to fade and the Weyr once more returning to a healthier state, A'dras was found outside of the weyr proper, leaning up against Gareth as he looked over the piece of parchment in his hands. Because of falling ill, horribly ill that had him in the infirmary, he had missed out on quite a bit of work, as well as running a couple of drills he had wanted to as well. It put him behind on quite a lot, not to mention the fact that Branwyn had given birth to their daughter. The babe was spry and Branwyn was doing her best to take care of her and tend to her duties, C'ryn helped out when he could and A'dras picked up the slack when he could as well. There was nothing wrong with the child going to the creche, but he wanted to avoid that when possible.

Now, it was back to business as usual and he had sent Tanis to all of his wingriders telling them to come and meet him in this spot. It was time they all got off their asses and got back to work. Rest time was over.

Once he had every part of the drill supersize he wanted to run memorized, he rolled up the piece of parchment and then tucked it into his pocket, his eyes moving to look at Gareth as the large bronze sat watching the sky and waiting. As soon as the danger for A'dras had passed, the bronze was wanting to get back into the air and go back to what he was made to do, fight Thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About time I run this right? I'm putting this a bit after that epidemic went through High Reaches so that we have everyone fit and well to proceed. I hope this works.

You do not have to participate in this if you do not want, it will be assumed that your character was there.

This game is going to run like a Flight many of the same mechanics but with different things added in that will make it harder to reach a higher goal. We will gather stats for the dragons and distribute them as seen fight, please keep them reasonable for your color dragon, a green won't have more stamina then a bronze for obvious reasons.

Each Person will get XP points reward to them based upon how they did as a team, and individual. They are not the same as the points you will/might get during Threadfall. These will be for Hurricane Wing specific things that I will work on, and make sure it is okay to do. Like during another Drill, if you have the right amount, you can wave one roll...etc.

Rules
  • Remember to have fun, it's just a game and a fun way to get our characters working as a team and prepared for Threadfall
  • If you miss a roll, you will get a zero for that turn.
  • If you roll but do not have a post filled in before the deadline your score will be halved

The Game
    [1.] Look through the information to figure out your dragons stats, add everything up that applies to your dragon/rider and distribute the stats.
    [2.] Once A'dras has given the team, information on what you are trying to do(i.e I've posted the number range you are looking for, what to roll, and any debilitating weather factors) roll to reach the number or ranges of numbers
    [3.] There will be about three rounds with the wing separated into two teams that will compete against one another. This Drill is focusing on how they are able to work together, stay in certain formations, and working in the different altitudes.
    [4.] Each round/roll will be explained and you will be told what to roll and what you are hoping for, as well as the formations will be told as well. It is assumed that all the riders in the wing know the formations.

Figure out your Dragons Stats

Color
    Base Points for a Bronze Dragon: 50 Points
    Base Points for a Brown Dragon: 45 Points
    Base Points for a Blue Dragon: 40 Points
    Base Points for a Green Dragon: 35 Points

Physical Attributes
    Between 6 - 20 Turns: +10 Points
    Between 21 - 35 Turns: +7 Points
    Older then 36 Turns: +5 Points

Physical
    Rotund/Lazy: +0 Points
    Average/Normal: +5 Points
    Fit/Motivated: +10 Points

Mental Attributes
    Oblivious/Scatter Brained: +0 Points
    Alert/Observant: +10 Points

Bonus Points
    Rider/Dragon Pair Practice on their own time: +5 Points
    Rider Studies Flying Formations: +5 Points

(Dragon's Name) Stats
    Strength:
    Speed:
    Dexterity:
    Stamina:
    Wits:

Round One will start on 3/19 at 12 PM CT

Teiha
    Ay'ril of bronze Yffengeth

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
    T'at of brown Nessuth

Fated Fable
    R'shahar of bronze Viandarth

demon_pachabel
    W'dre of bronze Dormith

Hattaki
    D'ast of brown Zetigeth

Shaddaling
    J'in of brown Irath

Andranis
    K'san of brown Seth

Dea and #Teddy#
    Ashlyn of blue Gyafrith

Meepfur
    Lilah of blue Bayeth

Masterharper
    H'sad of blue Cinonth

Smerdle
    H'win of blue Suuth

Rhea Izar
    Zezidna of blue Dioliath

Redbud Tree
    Illiyana of green Cristatuth

DarkHikari
    Kyt of green Rath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:07 pm
If there was one benefit to being horrible at interacting with groups, it was that you rarely had the opportunity to catch the damn plague. H'win had made it through with little more than a sniffle, and while other members of his wing had danced with death and lived to tell the tale, he and Suuth had practiced flying in formation like their lives depended on it, which... they did. As much as he disliked it, proper teamwork would likely save his skin someday.

Now that things were getting back to normal, the bluerider was in fine form as he approached his wing meeting like he actually wanted to be there, for a change. The truth was, he always wanted to be there, always wanted to defend Pern, he just wished he didn't have to put on a happy face to do so.

Chin up, dearest Mine, Suuth cooed into his mind. It'll all be over soon.

Not soon enough for A'dras, H'win replied, busying himself with his dragon's tack. The man looks like he might fall unconscious at any moment.

Be nice.

Hm? I am.

Suuth nudged his rider with an oversized elbow. Be nicer.

All right. I'm glad he didn't die, if only because now I don't have to acclimate myself to a new Wingleader.

Suuth's amusement fluttered over their bond, but he said nothing in reply. He didn't have to remind His that deep down, he actually enjoyed this. That he was only really snarky because he was terrified of a painful death and preferred spending time on his own. He would feel better once they got to flying.

Quote:
Suuth's Stats
Strength: 11
Speed: 16
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 12
Wits: 16

Rider/Dragon Pair Practice on their own time: +5 Points

Smerdle

Scamp

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 pm
Wings tipping slightly as he brought down to the floor of the Bowl, Zetigeth landed smoothly and bowed his head respectfully to his wingleader, eyes swirling a happy blue. It had been a very long and sick month for his rider, who dismounted with only a slight hesitation and stiffness that weren't caused by age or pain, the man had spent nearly a month in a bed at the Healers. In the meantime his dragon had nearly wasted away mentally and physically from worry and stress for D'ast's health without so much as taking to the sky even once to fly.

He'd nearly gone mad from the lack of communication and the lack of flight.

A hand ran down the edge of his muzzle and his rider chuckled as he felt the tumultuous feelings coursing through his dragon that ranged everywhere from joy to concern. "Don't worry bud, we'll be up in the air here in a moment and you won't have to worry about me being sick."

I constantly worry about you being sick.

Waving a hand at his dragon in dismissal, D'ast rubbed his forehead and tried to clear out any cobwebs that might have been hanging around in there that would keep him from performing his best. Of course his dragon would make up for some of it but he couldn't completely rely on Zetigeth to do that by himself and it wasn't fair besides. This was the first time since the sickness had taken down himself and a number of his wingmates that they would be flying together.

Maybe it was just that Zetigeth's excitement was overpowering, but D'ast couldn't wait to get into the air either.

Zetigeth's Stats
Strength: 16
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 13
Wits: 15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm
Ashlyn had been at the Weyrling barracks, making sure everyone was alright, when she got the message of where A'dras wanted all of them to meet. She was on Gyafrith as quick as could be and the pair headed for the area. The young woman tried to stifle a yawn, she had been on the go quite a bit this past month. With most of her family getting sick from the flu and also quite a few of the Weyrlings, she had spent much of her time in the infirmary. She had helped out there as much as she could, having been an apprentice Healer, before becoming rider to Gyafrith. Then once everyone was starting to feel better, it was right back to helping with lessons for their Sr. Weyrlings. When she had the time, she was spending time with her family, so relaxation for herself was far and few between. Luckily, she had her blue to keep her grounded and keep her energy level up.

As they arrived at the location, Ashlyn noticed their Wingleader, H'win, and her father were there so far. She had Gyafrith land gracefully down near them, before she hopped off. She could see A'dras was still not completely well from the flu, with the way he was leaning on Gareth. She gave him a salute, before looking over the others. She waved to her fellow bluerider, before looking over to her father. Walking over to him, she made sure he was up for this.

"How are you holding up?"she asked softly.

Gyafrith's Stats
Strength: 13
Speed: 14

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:28 am
The small blond Zezidna grinned as she and her blue soared up through the skies, stretching out their wings before heading down into the Bowl to meet with the rest of their Wing. Dioliath landed gently and his baby faced rider slid to the ground, huffing a little as she adjusted her legs, frowning at how stiff she was.

Are you going to be all right, Mine?

I'll be fine. Just stiff and out of practice. It's from that month of not flying. Zezi said, shaking her head as she patted the blue's white nose. She had been a healer while everyone had gotten sick, and had run herself ragged, getting a bit ill as well. Luckily she had escaped the worst of it herself, but it had left very little time for her dragon, and she felt guilty for neglecting him.

Senseing her guilt, the blue dragon just nuzzled his small rider, just glad that she hadn't gotten as sick as everyone else.

Quote:

Dioliath's Stats
Total Points: 65

Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Stamina: 14
Wits: 11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:40 pm
A'dras watched as everyone began to trickle in, his eyes looking everyone over. He had made note of which of his wing members had joined him in the infirmary, at least when he had been conscious.

Catching H'win looking at him wasn't strange and he nodded to the blue rider as he watched him busy himself with his tack. H'win was a hard worker, very disciplined as well. A'dras couldn't help but think that it was a bit of a shame such a disciplined man would never rise higher then wing rider here at High Reaches, all because of the Blue he rode, but every color dragon had their place and they needed hard working blueriders as much as they needed bronze and browns.

His eyes moved to look as the brown Zetigeth lighted upon the ground and bowed his head. Gareth nodded his head to the brown as well, as A'dras took in D'ast for a moment. He had been one of his wingriders that had joined him in the infirmary, he was glad the man was doing better now. "I am glad you are doing better D'ast." He spoke up as he noticed Ashlyn and Gyafrith joining the group as well. He was glad she had not gotten sick, the young woman had a lot of responsibilty on her shoulders being a weyrling master assistant. He watched as she moved to her father and his attention moved to Zezidna as she arrived.

Once everyone had arrived, A'dras pushed off of Gareth and then swung up into the straps. He turned his attention to those assembled before speaking. "It's been a while for many of us, me included, thanks to that sharding illness that went around." He smiled. "I'm glad all of those that were sick are better, now it's back to work. We will break off into teams for this drill." He looked over them again before speaking. Zezidna and D'ast will be on a team and Ashlyn and H'win are on the other. We will take it slow for now, get use to everything again." With that, he urged Gareth into the air, the large bronze easily catching the air and rising steadily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2 will be rolled April 8 at 7 P.M Central Time

You are going to roll Strength and Dexterity for this one.

Keep track of your scores for each round, I'll be keeping track here for the individuals as well as the teams.

Team H'win and Ashlyn:
Ashlyn:
H'win:

Team D'ast and Zezidna
D'ast:
Zezidna:

Smerdle

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#][/quote]
[quote="Rhea Izar

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Smerdle generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 22!

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:45 pm
H'win reluctantly conceded that taking it slow was the only way to do things in this situation, and he climbed onto Suuth's back without protest or comment, simply nodding at A'dras once he was settled.

Is Ashlyn ready? he asked the blue beneath him.

Suuth reached out to his fellow, his mental voice smiling and sunny. Good day to you, Gyafrith! It's a lovely one for formations, wouldn't you say? H'win admirably refrained from rolling his eyes, which was easier than it would have been now that he was in Work Mode. Are you and Yours ready to begin?

With a nudge from his rider, the dragon hopped into the sky, kicking a brief but impressive gust of wind back at the ground.

Quote:
Suuth's Stats
Strength: 11
Speed: 16
Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 10!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:13 pm
Patting his dragon's shoulder lightly, D'ast bowed his head to A'dras and straightened himself up the best he could. It had been quite some time that he was sick and he wasn't about to let it affect him too greatly on the first drill that they had since the truly depressing winter season. "It's good to see you healthy once more as well A'dras, sir. This should be a good day for us all to practice." he turned to pat his daughter's arm and cast her a smile. "Don't you worry about me dear. I've been feeling a lot better, I'm just glad you and Kinye didn't get as sick as the rest of us managed to." D'ast let a laugh pull from him as he readied himself for the drill that was coming.

I'm looking forward to this myself, so you must get ready.

Turning his head the brown bumped his nose against Ashlyn's shoulder gently and adjusted his stance so that his rider to climb back on. Without much effort D'ast swung up into the straps and braced himself for the uprush of Zetigeth's wings, only to find the dragon easing himself into the air much gentler than normal. Raising an eyebrow he sent a jab to the small brown and recieved a reminder that he had been ill until only a week or so prior, it appeared as though his dragon was not at all interested in pushing them past their believable limits so quickly. All that mattered was that they were in the air now and it was going to be a good day.

Zetigeth's Stats
Strength: 16
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 13
Wits: 15

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 7!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am
Ashlyn saw one of her fellow female blueriders joining the group, glad to see she was getting some time with Dioliath. Just like she had been, the other woman had been helping in the infirmary, so hadn't had much time to fly either. Then her attention turned back to her father, glad he was doing better, she had been worried about him. She was still surprised she and Kinye had managed to avoid the illness getting them. Then she felt the gentle nudge of her shoulder from Zetigeth and she rewarded him with a smile. Her parents' dragons were family to her, the reason she had been so set on being a rider herself when she was growing up.

Then she heard A'dras begin to speak, so she directed her eyes in his direction. It seemed they would be working in teams for this one, she could handle that. When he gave the teams, her eyes looked over to H'win, seemed one of her fellow blueriders would be her partner. She swung into the saddle on her own beloved blue and then heard what Suuth thought to Gyafrith.

You know the reply to that, my dear heart. Let him know our answer,she thought to him.

Good day to you as well, Suuth. It is definitely a fine day to be working, especially after so long of many of our Weyr being sick. Yes, Ashlynmine and I are definitely ready,Gyafrith replied to Suuth. With that, he extended his wings and pushed off the ground. It wasn't long before he joined the other into the sky.

Gyafrith's Stats
Strength: 13
Speed: 14

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr