Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She had finally found her way to the sandy shores and ocean breezes. Khahlela took a deep breath as she took her first steps upon the sand of the beach. It was different than the sands she had to cross to get here. The black lioness had a wide smile on her face while her purple eyes slipped closed.

The salty smell was so strong. She'd smelled it from miles away and it drove her to keep running despite her aching muscles and sore feet. It was worth it. She stepped closer to the waves breaking on the beach and let her paws sink gently into the soft, wet sand. It wasn't cold but it was a lot cooler. It made her giggle a little and then a huge sigh was heaved.

"This is nice," she murmured to herself, starting to stroll along the beach in the setting sun. The pinks and oranges glistening off the water was absolutely memorizing in the fading light.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eos was having a lovely time in his new pride in spite of things not working out with the lady he had followed here. He loved the beach, he loved the sea, and he loved having half siblings in this new place. HE might not have gotten the mate he planned on, but his father had managed to give a gift of cubs to a lovely lioness that had an infertile hybrid mate. Eos had been happy to help watch these siblings like he had countless others while traveling with his father.

The orange lion was smug as he walked along the beach in the sunset light. Eos' coloring and that of the evening ocean could blend together at times and he felt at home with these beautiful sights. How had he ever lived without the sea? He could not imagine life without it now, even though he had grown up away from it. It was such a big part of everything he did with his pride and even a part of his free time.

Eos was so distracted by the sand and the water, that he nearly missed the lioness coming toward him on the beach. He paused as he heard her speak and looked at her. She was still a little ways off, but he couldn't help but admire her markings and her beautiful coat. She was striking, wasn't she? He could not hear quite what she said, but he knew she had said something. "Good evening, lovely lady. What brings such a dream of a lioness out this way?"  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:29 am
Her quiet moment was shattered by someone trying to flirt with her. Purple eyes turned to look in the direction of the voice, and Khahlela blinked as she looked the orange male over. He was very bright and didn't look like any of the lions she had run into before. His coat looked a bit odd. Instead of being annoyed, the black lioness grinned at the other and then shrugged.

"I wanted to see the ocean," came her calm explanation. "I'd never seen it, and so I wanted to." He was quite the opposite in coloration of her. He was very bright all around, not just in a spot or two.

Well, she'd come across a brighter hybrid before, who was half pink and half blue. He was a little easier on her eyes. "Who're you?"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:08 am
The male smiled warmly at the lioness' explanation of why she came here.
It was a good reason in his opinion. Eos nodded his head, the motion serving to fluff up his mane as well as convey his agreement. "I can say I once had the as e reasoning for coming this way." And then he had come back and stayed but he didn't voice that bit.

Eos puffed himself up proudly and then gave a flourished bow. "I am Eos. It is an honor and delight to meet such a glorious lioness. Might I know your name, sweet sunbeam?" He may have learned too much about how to act from his father. Athena was quite the charmer, and most of his offspring were like Eos in that they inherited the habit of fluffy complimentary speech.
Peppermint Coffee

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 am
He was really, really laying it on thick and Khahlela wasn't sure how to properly respond to it. She opened her mouth and then let out a laugh that was half nervous and half amusement. This Eos was something else. She laughed so hard tears sprang to her eyes and the lioness was trying to gasp out that it wasn't him she was laughing at.

"I'm so-sorry!" She wheezed, trying to calm down. Khahlela tried desperately to stifle that laughter into just a fit of giggles. She even took deep breaths and rubbed a paw over her face before clearing her throat.

"I'm so sorry," she managed to get out. "I'm not laughing at you. I'm just... I've never met someone so forward!" Her eyes were quite glittery with the tears from laughing and good humor. She just hoped he wasn't mad about the laughing. It was really something she didn't have any control over! "Ah.. I'm Khahlela... Most end up calling me Lela."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am
Peppermint Coffee

Eos tilted his head to the side and watched the female as she laughed. He had not thought he said anything amusing, but he was happy to let her have amusement at his expense. As long as she was not running away or being mean to Eos, he counted it as a good sign that she was laughing. He was debating making goofy faces at her to see if she kept laughing, but he decided he best not just yet. He could do that later after she had her breath back.

As the lioness got her composure back and started to apologize, Eos shrugged. "If you are amused, that is good, lovely. Who am I to deny you good humor?" He grinned and settled himself down into a seated position with his tail wrapped up to sit on his front paws. "I see you have never met my father, Lela. Athena is more forward than I and much better at being charming." He still makes sure he's fluffed up so that he looks adorable rather than intimidating.

"I was just taking a stroll away from the main pride this evening. We live on these beaches where we can see the sea all the time." His pride might worship the sea, but Eos thought that was something the lioness should learn on her own if she wished to visit. She did not need an abundance of information if she was planning to avoid the pride. There were a lot of rogues that chose to avoid prides, and Eos respected that, even if he chose to join one.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 am
She had tears gathering on the corner of her eyes and just rubbed at her face with her paw as her composure slowly came back. Lela sighed and focused on his words and her own breathing for a moment before she giggled again and stifled it. No, she didn't need to break out into giggles again.

"No, I can say I've never met anyone named Athena," she said honestly. Then he said he was better at charming and Lela honestly couldn't disagree. He was charming in his own way.

"We?" Oh so there was a pride near here? How could she have not noticed. Lela seemed a bit more on alert at the news. The wish for the ground to open up and swallow her whole was big. Hopefully none of this showed on her face, but Lela just kept smiling and let out a little nervous laugh. "I crossed the desert to come here. I've never seen this sight."
Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:37 pm
Eos was happy that the female seemed to have gotten her composure back. He also was amused that she had laughed so hard at his attempt at charming her. At least she had not met his father, or she likely would have laughed at Eos a lot more for how bad he was at it compared to his father. "I am glad you have not met him. He is much better at complimenting females than I."

Eos nodded and looked back the way he had come. This female was not the first to miss the presence of the pride, when one was walking along the beach it could be hard to focus on anything but the water and sand. "I saw the desert once, that was enough for me. I prefer the beach sands... but yes the pride has it's home near the ocean. I was lucky I found such a wonderful place to settle.

Peppermint Coffee

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm
"No, you're fine," she explained, shaking her head at him. Lela just gave this male a big, beaming smile. "You're charming, I just... I don't get flirted with." She'd been completely alone since her children left when they were adolescents. Of course the dark female didn't mind, it's what children did. She just missed them terribly.

"The desert isn't so bad.." It was hot, but she liked it. She liked it best in the night, though. "At least you found a home! My children live with their father. We're not together, we never were. The pride was suffering, you see, from lack of lions... So.." She got fed a sob story and she gave in.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:43 am
Peppermint Coffee

Eos smiled at the lioness in sympathy. He might not know how it was to lose children but he had experience with the situation from the child's point of view. "My parents were not together so to speak but mother did not regret having cubs. My father did most of the raising, since she was not very stable. When we were old enough we went traveling outside mother's pride with our father. And he has had many litters with females that wish to raise the number of their prides." The bright male remembered visiting a few such litters of siblings. He wondered how they were now, but he was sure they were happy in their homes. He was certain his father would know, so if Athena came to vist, which he would, Eos would ask after them.

"I ended up settling here, and my mother's pride is not far away... and not long after, my father helped a infertile leopon and his mate have a family here." Eos chuckled at the irony of it. He stopped chuckling and cleared his throat. He did not want the female to think he was chuckling at HER situation. "I am sorry that you did not get to spend more time with your cubs. I have never had any myself, but I helped raise a few of my siblings. I often worry about them."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:10 am
"Oh, I regret I didn't stay with them just a bit longer. I'll never regret them." She didn't know them, didn't even know if they were going by the same names anymore, but honestly Lela was quite happy she managed to produce at least one litter in her life. She listened to Eos story of his dad helping the leopon and just smiled. Seems kindness was everywhere. It'd been so long since she let herself talk to anyone, it was hard to remember.

"Well, raising siblings is probably very similar. You're still taking care of the smallest little things." She laughed a little and then sighed. Maybe Eos wasn't as odd as she previously thought. He was just trying a little too hard, it seemed. That was something she could work with if it meant making friends.
Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Eos nodded at the females words. "I am glad you do not regret them. I am sure they are as wonderful as you are, and love you dearly." He believed wholeheartedly that all cubs loved their parents. He might be a bit naive at times, but he knew that and did not care. "My siblings probably would rather I had not been helping as I was just another set of eyes to ruin their plots of mischief. I know one of my brothers here, Asteria, certainly does not like that I kept an eye on him." Asteria thought he was sneaky, but Eos had proved he was not so sneaky.

Eos had a sudden thought and grinned. "You came to see the ocean... why don't you come back to the pride and visit for a while? I can show you around, and you can see all the interesting things that the Ocean gives us. I think it could be quite fun!" Okay he was a bit excited now as he bounced in place. The idea of this female sticking around for a bit, was quite nice and he wanted to help her in anyway he could, even if that was just as a guide.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:46 pm
Why doesn't she come back to visit the pride? The dark female thought about it before nodding. "I think that'd be a good idea! It's been ages since I had a pride I was wanting to join.." She remembered her last pride, where she had family, but when that pride fell, Khahlela was separated once more when the family scattered.

Ah, well. The gods do what they want, and she was just going to live her life stress free, or so she hoped.

"I could do that. Would you be housing me?" She teased a little, sticking out her tongue. "Lease the way."

He was very excited, and Khahlela couldn't hep but smile and laugh. It was rather infections.

Kathryn Dragonna

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff