Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Extending his tattered wings out towards the sky he walked alongside the icy colored male named Kefa, a male he liked to call his friend. At least he'd known him long enough now that he hoped they were at least friends or almost friends, he would at least tell other's that the God was his friend. As for Kefa, he wasn't sure what he'd say but he hoped it was much the same.

"What do you try and do in your free time? Aside from trying to age fish and meeting fresh Gods." While he tried to be good with humor, he wasn't, at all. It showed but he didn't let it bother him, he just did what he could and he wasn't going to be embarrassed or ashamed because of that, even if he did suck. "Is there anywhere interesting to explore up here?" He knew there were vast area's in the Mortal Realm but he wanted to get to know the God's Haven a bit better.

It was his home after all.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:20 am
User Image"I wander a lot," Kefa replied to Limerence's question. "It's sort of a built in part of being me."

In other words, being the god of impermanence tended to force Kefa not to stay in one place for too long. When he did, things around him began to shift. It was another one of those powers he couldn't control, and it didn't much bother him, but he had been informed that it was inconsiderate.

"So, yes. Definitely there are interesting things to explore around here, depending on what you find interesting. I once found a swamp that had the most enormous lizards I've ever seen. Basically crocodiles, but enormous. Astonishing brutes, and unfairly fast on their feet." Kefa had been forced to take wing to evade the riled reptiles.

"Or there are the snowy peaks where my mum raised my sibs and I. They're not all that exciting to me because I grew up there, but snow's always fun." He liked the way that it melted and evaporated and then fell down again. It pleased him when things changed like that, in ways that made sense.

"Is there anything you're particularly interested in? I'm always happy to go questing things."

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:06 am
Listening as the other spoke he pondered some of what he was saying, all of what he was telling sounded quiet fascinating. Especially since he was so new to their world, even if his domain had been around since forever.

"Nothing wrong with wandering around." At least he didn't feel like there was any reason to feel bad about being a vagabond, if anything it was a good thing. You'd get to see a lot and learn many things. Though he wondered if perhaps there was a thing as too much wandering. "That sounds quite fascinating, I feel as though I wouldn't want to tangle with those beasts though." Giving a shake he knew he wouldn't want to come into a run in with those scaly beasts.

Giving a long thought he wondered if he sought out anything in particular. "Perhaps we can find a place you've yet to go, then it would be an adventure for the two of us. Are there any places where flowers grow around here?" He had a hankering to see something bright and beautiful and to take in their sweet scents.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:00 pm
Kefa was secretly relieved that Limerence had not wanted the pair of them to revisit the swamps. It wasn't that he was unwilling to ever go back there, but he may have left out quite how effectively he'd annoyed the massive crocodiles. It really wasn't his fault that they didn't like mammals, and that when he'd tried to take on a more reptilian form to appease them, they'd decided he was an enemy.

"Flowers?" Kefa repeated with more than a touch of incredulity. He had honestly never given more than a moment's thought to flowers in the entirety of his present incarnation.

"I'm sure there must be. Do you...like flowers a lot?" It wasn't like Kefa had any intention of making fun of Limerence for something like that. He just wanted to know. That way, he could keep an eye open for interesting blooms to share with his friend if he came across any on his solo travels (for he had no illusions about whether he would end up wandering on his own again in the future).

"One of my siblings, Seasons. They sometimes caused spontaneous flowers, but I feel like trying to hunt them down to see if they've spawned flowers is a tenuous plan at best. Maybe somewhere with water?" Kefa was realizing that he knew more about the cold places of the realm than anywhere else. Came of having Glaciers for a mother, and Permafrost for a sibling.

AstoriaFallen
Sorry. My brain's not doing so hot today. Shall we have them poof someplace? (It's really convenient that gods can do that.)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:32 am
Princess_Feylin
we can most certainly do that!

He liked the diversity of the plants in their realm and the mortal one, it was fascinating to him to see how each was so different and could even be deadly!

"I wouldn't say I like them THAT much, but I do have an innate fascination with them." Giving a small nod of his head he confirmed his words with himself almost, like he hadn't been 100 percent on his thoughts yet. "Oh that's a good domain to have, unless you have allergies, they don't have allergies do that?" What would the odds of that be, to be allergic to the thing that you're stuck with forever. He chuckled at the thought.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:46 am
Kefa thought about that. To his knowledge neither he nor his siblings were cursed with allergies, but maybe they'd simply failed to encounter anything to which they were allergic thus far. It wasn't an experiment he was particularly keen to try out, for obvious reasons.

"No allergies that I know of," he replied. "But places with flowers..."

He had a thought, then. It wasn't something he was sure would work, but he'd done similar things before and it had always turned out more or less the way he wanted.

"You know how when you want a thing, or a place or something, and you don't feel like looking for it, so you just transport yourself kind of...open-ended, and you end up by what you wanted? We could try doing that."

He was confident they'd end up with flowers that way. He was less confident they would both end up with the same flowers. Theoretically you could move others around with you when you traveled all at once like that, but Kefa had never tried it.

"If you want to take the lead, I can try to tag along with you. Or if you know how to bring people along on purpose, you could show me. I've never tried it."

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:52 am
Princess_Feylin

Listening as he spoke he wondered how that worked. He had personally never done it before and took careful consideration to the other's words. "I think we could give it a go. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?" Really, what was the worst thing that could happen? Being 'new' wasn't as hard as one would think but it's still a great deal to wrap one's mind around.

When the other said he'd never tried it he laughed. "Well, that makes two of us! This is going to be an adventure of it's own." The warmth of his vocals was welcoming to most he heard, it had a familiarity to it some might say. "I'll meet you on the other side." Giving him a wink he did his best to focus on flowers and trying to keep Kefa in mind, perhaps that's how it worked? You involve the other in your thoughts?

A strange sensation overwhelmed him and suddenly he wasn't where he was and he was somewhere new and there were flowers! At least it worked, sorta. Where was Kefa though?

"Kefa? Did you make it with me?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:57 am
Being blessed with quite the imagination, Kefa could come up with a great many unfortunate things that could happen, be very bad indeed, and still not be the worst that could happen. He thought better of saying so, however, and decided to trust that there were no stories (that he knew of, anyway) about gods self-destructing upon attempting what they were about to, and he was sure just about anything else could be dealt with.

Like Limerance, Kefa kept his thoughts on flowers, but did his best to think also of the other, instead of himself, obviously. It wasn't an especially difficult task, but he couldn't help wondering if they weren't just going to create a previously unexisting pocket of reality by doing that. In a way, he almost hoped that they did. That sounded like the sort of power which would be incredibly useful to have. Far more useful than his own frustrating powers, anyway.

Just as he arrived, Kefa heard Limerance asking if he had made it with him. He glanced around at the flowers, grinning with a wide crocodile's smile (literally) with pleasure at their success. It only now occurred to him that time might be a factor they should have worried about. Apparently, though, intent was sufficient to compensate for lack of planning.

"Here I am!" he replied, the words somewhat garbled by his crocodilian jaw structure. He waited a few moments for his form to shift on its own and tried again. "Here!"

Still inordinately pleased with himself, Kefa looked around and wondered aloud, "So, any idea where 'here' is? I think this place looks like a fine starting point for an adventure."

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:57 pm
Princess_Feylin

Oh good, he was here! Pleased that Kefa made it quite alright and in one piece.

Looking around he gave a shrug, it was a place he had been once and hadn't really known the name of. "I like to call it Lim's Haven." Cause of all the flowers, but beyond that he hadn't explored much other places from here.

"I think it would be nice to explore the surrounding area! Care to lead the way?" He waved a paw for his friend to take charge.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:25 pm
"Lim's Haven?" Kefa's smile was quick, making it clear he was in no way bothered by his companion's choice of name. "That works."

There wasn't anything obvious to draw his attention in one direction over another, so when Lim suggested to Kefa that he take the lead, Kefa completed an about-face and marched confidently in that direction, figuring that one was as good as any other.

"For the record," he informed Lim, nodding toward a green-petaled flower with waxy-looking leaves, "I'm not convinced that one's a real flower."

There was a pause while he allowed the implications of his supposition to sink in before he continued with a wide, silly grin, "It's probably a plant!"

He looked expectantly toward Lim for acknowledgment of his superior sense of humor. This was going to be fun. It had been ages since he'd had anyone to appreciate his jokes.

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 am
Princess_Feylin
We can call this finished unless you wanted it to keep going.

It took him a moment to realized he had made a joke. It was actually the first joke he'd heard so it was an odd thing to see his facial expressions catch on to the words.

"I see what you did there." He gave him a laugh and followed him in the direction he was heading.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:37 pm
Kefa was pleased by the success of his joke, and buoyed by that a little bit of jackrabbit slipped into his legs to add an exaggerated spring to his step. He couldn't help it, really.

This was going to be fun, he realized, pleased. He hoped, however, that they would find something more exciting than flowers at some point. He had no idea that flowers could be dangerous.

He would learn.

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out