Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:01 pm
User Image

Welcome to the Sûzat's opening ORP! This is open to members, rogues, and SoA from other prides. Any and all species are welcome here so don't be shy, come say hi! As this is an ORP and not a META, there will be no set end date for this, although there is a little game that will be played during the course of the RP and yes, there is a prize! The winner of the game will be given a pre-colored SoA who holds the rank of Fallohide, normally an RP required rank. The only catch is you don't get to see him (yes, it's a male) until you win him. Without further ado, let's partaaaaay~  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Arkani shuffled through the lions gathered, making sure everything was going smoothly. The weather was decent, the crops were growing nicely, the herds were coming and going as expected, and the iboga was looking quite nice this year. Normally the Suzat lions didn't need an excuse to throw a party, but today was a bit of an exception. One of the Brewers, Issdal, had been getting creative in the Brew den and had made a few new flavors to sample. Arkani had tried one that she had made in preparation for Lithe, but he didn't think he could try all of the various tastes that she had come up with. He had turned to the pride as a whole as a result, interested to see what flavors they liked and didn't like.

He strode along a line of large hollowed gourds that held the various Brews before pausing at the end, eager to see the reactions.

---

Iwa, normally out in Northfarthing with the herds, had taken the day off to attend the little party. She was still a bit new to the pride and wasn't sure she'd be keen on drinking Brew as some of the more hardy lions would surely do, but she wouldn't mind a sample here and there. She didn't want to be the first to dive in, though, and kept her distance from the main area. She had noticed there were large containers of regular Brew off to the side as well for those who preferred something a bit more traditional. Waiting to see what others might do first, she sat down a good distance from the tasting area to wait.

---

Minza was curious, to be sure. He had stepped right up to the sampling gourds and watched as Arkani paced the length before pausing at the end. Deciding that was as good an indicator as any, he lowered his muzzle to one of the gourds and took a little drink. He was quite fond of Brew all on its own, but this one was much sweeter than the drink normally was. He pulled his head back in surprise, licking his muzzle as the flavors sang on his tongue.

"Wow," he said with a little laugh, clearly surprised. "That's different."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:57 pm
User Image

Faramir was decided to go ahead and throw caution to the wind and join the little soiree that was going on. Smiling brightly as he came into view of the gathering numbers he spotted Arkani right away and gave his Thain a bow and looked over the various brews that laid out before them. "It would seem that Issdal has done quite a wonderful job."

Looking them over he noted a few giving a taste here and there. "Do any of you have a favorite? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which I might try first if any of you have a suggestion."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

'Give 'em all a try brother" came a husky, gravely female's voice from behind him as Vesyana padded to join the group her violet eyes dancing with mirth. Even now, months removed from her time on the coast, the scent of salt water and far winds clung to her coat.

Nodding her head to the others, most whom she hadn't met yet, she swept a playful bow with a roguish grin, "Well met my brothers and sister. I am Vesyana, your humble Fallohide, traveler extraordinaire! I've been many a mile, seen many a thing, from one coast to another and now..." Her smile softened some, "Now I have a home to return and a reason to travel home now and then."

Keantha

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:35 am
Keantha

Turning to look upon the female he gave her a grin, "Well of course, but which first is the real question." Though honestly he should just go ahead and pick one and go with it. Taking a smell over each of them he came across one that wasn't too fruity or grainy smelling and gave it a taste. "Issdal, I wouldn't have to try them all and I already know they're going to be fabulous." Making sure he wasn't going to over indulge in the festivities he tried a couple more in small quantities, he could try the rest periodically. "I'm glad you found a home here with us, we are happy to call you friend." He had a love for all the members in their lands and gave her a bright smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:12 pm

The golden maned lioness was still fairly new to the pride, as well as her position as Farmer, but she wasn't going to be a wall flower this day. Though she was more at ease around plants, with her paws elbow deep foliage or dirt or roots, she was happy to see the pride come together. While the idea of brew was still new to the lioness, she wasn't going to turn her nose up at sampling some of it. When in the Pridelands, do as the Pridelanders do, or so the saying went.

But this was not the Pridelands, and Ketaki was quite all right with that. There was something lovely and quaint about the hills, the marshes, the river, and the lions that lived within the pride. There was something about the land that just screamed home to her, and so she had well decided to settle in and stay.

With a slow twitch of her tail, the lioness observed the group as they gathered. Some had approached the gourds, while others were happily talking. There was a lovely pale furred lioness donned in blue who had apparently come from far; there was their Thain, and a handful of of others she did not know quite as well.

She made her way purposefully over to the gourds, pausing to watch the others reactions. "Good different?" She asked the lion who had come right up to the end, giving him a friendly smile. "I'm not sure which one to try, but perhaps I'll start with that one!" After, of course, the other had his fill.

SilverLutz

Uta

Shy Mage

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 pm
Arkani's brows rose in a friendly gesture as Faramir joined him near the gourds, returning his bow with a bob of his head. He wasn't much for formalities like other Thains had been in the past and was glad that everyone seemed to catch on to his lax nature.

"She has outdone herself yet again," he agreed before shaking his head. "I haven't tried them yet myself. I'd rather not sway anyone's decisions based on my own." Just because he was in charge meant that there were those who would simply agree with him for that fact alone. He'd sample them later in private and make his own decisions then.

Vesyana joined them a moment later and Arkani gave her a nod of welcome as well. He was glad she had decided to stay as they really did need someone who was willing to leave the pride from time to time. There was another Fallohide but he had been gone for so long Arkani wasn't sure he'd ever be coming back.

AstoriaFallen

Keantha

---

Iwa was content to remain where she was for the time being, but all the activity seemed to be centered around the sampling station. She'd wait her turn still, not wanting to be in too crowded of an area. Her mother's loner nature had carried over a bit to her as well, although it wasn't nearly as pronounced. She enjoyed being in a pride and that her rank allowed her alone time out with the herds.

---

Minza glanced to his side as a voice piped up and he gave the lioness attached to it a little smile. He considered her question for a moment before nodding, licking his muzzle to try to asses why it had been such a punch to the mouth.

"It's...strong," he said after a moment. "In flavor. Brew is usually fairly mild so I wasn't used to it having so much flavor. Give a try," he said, backing up to allow the lioness some room to sample. He didn't want to hog all the Brew, after all!

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 pm
Malas was always a fan of Brew. And, if it wasn’t for his duties and his shift, he would have been first in line at the sampling of the new flavors. Oh, how bitter he was for showing up late. But, he wasn’t in charge of herding for nothing.

His scowl and surly mood evaporated the moment he approached the gathering of lions, excitement and eagerness mounting. Grinning, he lifted up his head high. ”Oi, I hope you saved a lick for me!” he called out jovially, eyes twinkling. He wondered if the new flavors would be able to top his current favorite. He doubted it but… well, Brew was Brew and the strong liquid just made him feel sooooo good.

- Mynsed -

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Not late, but work not making her the very first to arrive on site for the tasting of her own brews, Issdal nearly had tremors watching so many lions appreciate what she'd created and rather than join her fellows at first she laid down unseen in the shade. Her heart soared and her paws nearly had her dancing with the first few of them, of course there might be those that didn't enjoy them, there were those among the elders that weren't so fond of her fiddling with tradition as it was. Issdal didn't care, she loved seeing happiness in those around her and if adding things and experimenting could bring it then she'd do her very best everyday to make it so those smiles stayed in place. Or at least kept returning time and time again.

A deep part of her, the fangirl that rested in her heart for all the unknown flavors of the lands beyond the four Farthings, all but melted at the dark toes of the Fallohide that had come to taste her creations. In fact the last few moments since her arrival had seen Issdal reminding herself to calm down and not squeal her way over to ask about all the things she'd eaten and smelled. Not every lion was so obsessed with taste as she and many had cast her odd looks growing up when they'd realized she was such a fanatic about it. Certainly the lioness wanted a chance to relax after traveling so much, maybe a taste of her new home would help her to do so.

"I'm so happy that you all enjoy them." Issdal piped up, her voice likely coming as a surprise to those that hadn't yet noticed her tiny form resting in the shadows. "Let me know if there's anything that I can change to make them taste better for you!"

Really she had some complex feelings about criticism, but as long as it was constructive her resentment wouldn't have to be beaten into submission. Honestly, she really liked to make everyone happy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 pm
SilverLutz

Hattaki

Uta
just a mention no speaking towards your girl

- Mynsed -

He hadn't thought about that, him having a possible influence on what others might take. "I can see your point, though to be honest if you were to tell me that you liked one because it was harder than the others I'd steer clear of it. I'm not fan of the darker stuff." Giving a small shrug of his shoulders he did give him a friendly smile. "Make sure you enjoy yourself at least a little bit today." He gave his Thain a small wink and his gaze shifted towards the white female who had recently joined their growing numbers. He would take some time to talk to her when she was no longer in conversation with Minza, he didn't want to interrupt, so instead he took himself to the side to allow others to come to him freely and speak if they wished.

When malas approached he chuckled, "Of course we saved some for you. What kind of a friend would I be otherwise."

Looking over towards Issdal he gave her an approving smile, "You should be very proud of your work."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:54 pm
User Image

Troubled by the sudden silence, but welcoming of it all the same, Krimb soon realized he had poorly timed his efforts to finish up a project before the festivities were too begin. Harsh as he was, distant as he could be, he still loved a good party - though he wouldn't dare admit that to a damn soul. Hurriedly, but carefully, he closed up what he was doing and left his work station behind in favor of finding out where the pride members were headed. Krimb was sure he would already find his sister there, likely a few others he might recognize and a swelling of pride rose in his chest. Gatherings were a sign that things were well, he treasured and valued those moments where there were calm waters so to speak.

"My my.." He mumbled casually as he spied the rumps of a number of individuals he may or may not be familiar with. The pride was growing with familiar bloodlines and rogues alike. He stared about without hiding it, his glances landing firmly on some of the lions he didn't recognize immediately with mild curiosity.

Walking had been fun for the moment, but Krimb found himself over it quite quickly and he dropped his rump, tossed his mane, even managed a yawn before he was truly settled in to enjoy the evening - perhaps even.. company?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 pm
Malas grinned heartedly at the chief, inclining his head minutely. He should socialize first. Really, he should. It was only the polite thing to do. His eyes strayed to the lined up gourds, nose already catching the fermented scent. Oh, how he wanted to swim in the stuff.

Socialization could wait.

He dipped his maw in the first one and gave a large gulp, fully tasting the stuff. It was sweet. Interesting. Yummy. But certainly not his favorite. Pulling up for air and reminding himself that it was just for tasting, he went to the next and quickly drank, finding himself fond of the darker brew. It was so strong; it nearly kicked him off his paws. Grinning, he backed away from the gourds for a moment to focus on Faramir.

Finally, he decided to respond to his friend with a deep chuckle. ”A good friend of mine would hide away a whole gourd for me,” he jested with a smirk, stretching. Herding had been a long day. Granted, he spent most of it stretched in the sun and lightly napping. But he did have to actually do his job every now and again during the day.

The sight of the cranky lion had his brows raise. That crow was actually joining in on the fun? ”I didn’t expect to see you without the swamp around you, Krimb,” he called out.

- Mynsed -

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:10 am
After Malas had seemed to of sated his thirst the male couldn't help but let loose a throaty chuckle, "How are you so sure I didn't?" Teasing the male his gaze shifted towards Krimb, it was a nice surprise to see the swamp dwell mingling with the rest of them. It was interesting to him, to see that while twins they did completely different things in their lives. Their personalities were also quite different, but that wasn't a bad thing. He quite liked it because he believed most thought twins were often similar in nature, these two proved they weren't always.

"I see you have chosen to join in the festivities, how are you this evening?" He asked the male with a smile on his face.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:39 am
Ah, there they are... The dark lion was lost in his own world at the sight of the gourds filled with samplings of brew, new and old varities. Pride swelled in his chest at the thought of each blade of iboga that would have been carefully plucked from his well tended farmlands to be added for the drinking pleasure of those joining the group today. Not surprised, but certainly not please, he was 'caught'. "Though I may leave the swamp, the swamp never leaves me." He retorted with a small glance to his paws that showed traces of mud and plants clinging to them. There hadn't been much time to clean himself, nor would he have tried.

"Yes, Clan Chief." The master gave a small, nearly unnoticeable grin to the elected leader. He had been among those to choose this individual and since then he hadn't quite been paying attention. He snorted softly as he considered the way the two had addressed him, but he was amused - not disgruntled. Krimb had almost missed the question posed to him, but caught it just in time to not look silly. "I'm well, and yourself?" The answer was smooth and whatever inkling of emotion he had let warm his features up earlier had dissipated.

"And you, Malas, how are you?" He hadn't dismissed the lion that was nearby.

- Mynsed -

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:30 am
As more of the Suzat lions began to trickle in, Arkani stepped back from the sampling station to allow more heads to fill the gourds, He noticed that Issdal had actually managed to join them, leaving her work in the brewery behind. There were other Brewers that would see to the den as a whole, ensuring that no one trespassed and that any current Brews were kept an eye on, but he was glad that the creator of the ones being tasted today had managed to sneak away.

---

Iwa tilted her head, finally deciding to approach the drinks being offered as it seemed no one was hanging back anymore. She did pause by the side of the Brewer first, though, giving the dark lioness a little smile.

"Everyone seems to be enjoying the sampling," she said, her voice deep but soft. "I'm excited to see what you came up with."

---

Minza turned to see that more of the higher ranking hobbits had joined them, among them the Master Marsh Wader. He shuddered slightly at the memory of exploring the swamp a bit himself and having a panic attack when he realized he couldn't tell where the water began and the land ended. Definitely wasn't a place he would be returning to if he had anything to say about it.

---

Deciding that enough lions had joined them to begin the little game he had in mind, Arkani turned to hop up onto a rock so his voice could carry over those gathered.

"Welcome everyone!" he called out, powerful voice booming through the foothills. "I'm glad you've come to see what Issdal has created for us! But a party wouldn't be a party without a little game thrown in, right? And since there's plenty of regular Brew to go around," he said, pausing to glance to his left where there was quite the supply of regular, unflavored Brew. "I think it would be fitting to hold a little contest. Whoever can drink the most will have bragging rights until our next celebration, at which point you'd better be ready to defend your title," he said with a grin.

How Well Can You Hold Your Brew?

This will be a dice game with eliminations each round. Following the rules of the pride, no cubs may enter but adolescents can, but they will have a disadvantage. Rogues are welcome to join the game as well! There will be a prize for the last SoA standing, a male lion that holds the rank of Fallohide.
It is an RP required role so please make sure you've read up on it before entering the game.

To play, you must RP your SoA telling Arkani that they wish to join the drinking game. Sign ups will end on 3/7. Once sign up period is over,
the game will begin and the rules will be posted. After the sign-up, no new SoA may participate. They may watch, cheer, and jeer though. Anyone may enter regardless of how many lions they have in the pride.

Sign-Ups
Zuru | Midnightglow18
Faramir | AstoriaFallen
Tshala | Sherpuff
Krimb | *Greenie
Vesyana | Keantha
Ketaki | Uta
Iwa | SilverLutz (not eligible for prize)

[IC] Sûzat Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff