Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm
Njord wasn't exactly sure how he felt about being a parent. The mother and himself weren't exactly close by any means but they were on social terms which was good enough for him. That meant he'd have a role in his offsprings life. Still, he wasn't exactly sure where to even begin when it came to being a parent. Rolling his shoulders lightly he waited outside the den to see who might come out first.

A black and orange figure with stark white hair peeked her head outside of the den she shared with her siblings and mother. Peering at the male that stood before the den she wondered if he was an uncle? He had white hair like mother and some of her siblings but he didn't smell like mother. Was he father? They hadn't met him yet so this was the first they were getting a chance to see him and she blinked her orange eyes as she watched him just standing there.

"Momma, who is this?" She looked over her shoulder and called for her parent that she was most familiar with.

Njord was a little nervous since he hadn't met them yet but they were old enough now that they could leave the den so it was prime opportunity. When she asked her mother who he was he felt a little bad but at the same time it was expected. It's not like they lived together.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm
Eirik had been peacefully napping. He didn't like napping and usually fought it when it was around the time for him and his siblings to lay down. And usually, his pouting and whining was quickly taken over by his snoring. Sleep left, however, as he heard his sister speak. Blinking open dual colored eyes, he let out a loud and obnoxious yawn. Quickly, he jumped up, energy revived. "Who's that?" he queried loudly as he quickly scampered next to her sister, peering at the adult. He squinted, inspecting the stranger head to toe. And, as he got to the paws, a childish growl escaped his throat. "He messed up the stones!" he hissed to his sister, tail whipping. He had neatly arranged four stones on either side of the den. Now, one of the stones was an inch off from it's original spot. Of course, he wouldn't charge at the adult; even he knew not to pick a fight with someone big. But his freckled face wrinkled into a good glare for the male.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 pm
Freya had been fighting with her stubborn son, making an attempt to tame his unruly tuft when the call came from the door, and she wrinkled her nose and gave Hel a tap to scoot away, "You're lucky this time, but you'll be cleaned eventually squirt." She shook her head and stood, strolling casually to the entrance just as Eirik opened his mouth. She smirked, addressing the cub while her eyes lay on Njord, "Perhaps, considering who he is, he can be allowed one mess-up, hmm? I've certainly displaced the stones more than once, and you've forgiven me." She placed her paws on either side of her daughter, giving her a little cocoon of comfort as she responded next to the cub's ear conspiratorially, "This, my dove, is your father. I believe its best to start with a 'hello'."
She gave Njord a teasing look, by no means serious as she spoke, "You're fashionably late. You missed all the fun of childbirth."

Hel made a hearty attempt to comb his hair into submission, growling subtly at it and finally giving up with it merely bounced back into place. The commotion at the front of the den finally caught his attention and he walked over, peering out from behind his mother and eyeing up the large male, not doubting who the figure could be. His eyes did widen at the sheer size of the other lion however, and he felt a little thrill at the possibility that he too would be similarly sized. Fearless, he walked out, giving him a once-over and nodding his approval. "He's good enough."  
Uh oh. Was the only thing he could think when the young male seemed rather upset about some misplaced stones. He hadn't even really seen them. At least Freya was trying to convince him that he was worth forgiving, that was good at least. "I feel like it would have been too cramped had I been in there too. A midwife was really all you needed." He really wouldn't have been a help at all, if anything he probably woulda gotten in the way. He did have to say though some of the children were fairly bold. At least they wanted to know who he was. "As your mother has stated, I am your father. I am Njord."

He figured if they wanted to call him by his name that would be okay to. He wasn't sure about the whole dad thing yet.

Bris watched as Hel sized him up and Eirik just whined about his stones. She peered at their father curiously. It would appear he was where she got her markings from, but from momma to. "Did you bring us anything?" She questioned, after all he should have brought them something at least. It was only right.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Eirik gave his mother a miffed look, pouting and leaning against her leg. He tried to pay attention to the conversation, he really, truly did. But it was so hard... his eyes kept gravitating to the mess his... what, father? Eirik blinked. "I didn't know we had a father," Eirik blurted out. Granted, he had only been alive for a short time but it never occurred to him about the father bit. There was just his brothers, sisters, and Momma. Eirik's nose wrinkled up. If Momma was Momma, why would he call his father Njord? It didn't match. It bothered him. "Do I have to call you Njord?" he asked in a bit of a complaint, following Hel out of the den.

Moving a bit past Hel, he went to the disturbed stone and moved it back. Squinting, he messed with it more, displeased about the placement. It just looked wrong. His task was paused, however, when Bris asked a very important question. "You have presents?!" he asked eagerly, whirling around to face his father, accidentally knocking a stone and causing it to skip a few steps. Letting out a childish growl in frustration, he went to the task of straightening the rock once more.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm
Bris stared at their father for a moment and then looked back towards her sibling as he seemed eager to hear about presents their father might have brought. "Does food count?" He said looking at each of them with an uncertain smile.

"Food is good! I'm hungry." She said looking around. "Where is it?" It wasn't close by, at least she couldn't see it. "I have to take you all to it. Sorta like a little excursion." He said hoping that would get him to know them a little more.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm
Sleeping was the absolute best part of the day, and woe be the sibling that decided to wake her on any given day. When she woke on her own terms though, Svala was as pleasant as could be.
Of course, sleeping so late meant she missed on a majority of the day's action, and once she fluttered her eyes open, went through her waking ritual of stretching each limb out one at a time, she was ready to go and sit just on the edge of the outside of the den. Sleepy eyes regarded her family, and eventually, just to make herself known, Svala opened her mouth and let out a tiny squeak of a yawn.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:11 pm
Eirik gave their father a suspicious look. He was very picky about his food. "What kinda food?" he asked, almost in a demand. When their father responded to Bris about being taken to the food, Eirik gave him a blank look. "Ex... excrushin?" he tried the word, tilting his head.

A small squeak had him glancing back to the den and he noticed the Svala was finally awake. "About time, sleepy head!" He hollered at her with a large grin.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Freya kept a smile planted on her lips, but even what patience she had with their questions could only stretch so far, when she herself had been given little to none by their grandmother.
"Since everyone's up, it might do you all some good to smell the fresh air with an excursion." She piped up, though the look she passed Njord was significant. She definitely wanted to stretch her legs as well, it was written in her veiled expression.

Hel wrinkled his nose, not liking the fact he wasn't the center of attention but not quite masterful enough to find a way to make it so that he was. "Is it like, a big food or are we in for a bird? Cause I don't think a bird will feed us all, Nerd. We're hungry children." There, that should do it.  
It seemed their mother was on board with the whole thing. "It is decided then. We shall all go get you some food." He could tell she wanted some time to herself and to be able to stretch her legs out be could imagine.

"All you have to do is follow me young ones." He said looking at each of them curiously with a smile.

Bris looked up at their father with an eager face. She was getting hungry so she was excited to be able to get some food. "What is it?"

"It'll be a surprise. Perhaps you can all guess what it is."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Eirik gave their 'father' a suspicious look before moving closer to Bris. In a loud whisper, he spoke. "He probably forgot the gift and is making it up as he goes," Bris told his sister in that loud whisper. He snickered before settling the last rock in place and sitting down.

But, he was a bit eager to get out of the den. And so, he made no complaints about following the older man.  
Bris gave her brother a small shove, "Stop, at least he spends time with us." She protested back. Padding ahead to keep up with their father she gave a big grin up towards him and then glared back at her brother. "Keep up or I'll eat your share." She teased.

Njord couldn't help but laugh at his children, they were truly from his lineage, no denying that. "It's not that much further ahead." He led them onwards with high hopes that they would in fact appreciate what he was doing for them now when they grew up later and had lives of their own. He had killed them a zebra, they were hard to find in these lands but he'd managed it, with the help of his sister.

"Here we are children." Waving a paw he left it open for them to dig in and Bris took no time in rushing over to get her fill.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas