Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm
User ImageSekhmet lowered her head to the ground, sniffing along the little piles she had just made. She had been tasked with planting new piles of greens for the herds and she was taking her job very seriously. The job of the farmers was to grow plants for both the prey that lived in North Farthing as well as the wheat that was used for their own Brews, but by far the more important of the two - to her at least - was the food that would lure and keep their own food around.

Lifting her head, she glanced around for Tshala. This was her first time planting seeds and she wanted to make sure she was doing it right. Spotting the Master Farmer not far from her rows of seeds, she stepped over them carefully to get her attention.

"Excuse me, Master Tshala? Could you come look at my seedlings?" she asked. "I think I did it right...I just want to make sure they pass muster."

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 pm
Tshala looked over the grounds in front of her with satisfaction and no small amount of pride. They really were coming along nicely! And she wasn’t just thinking about the plantings. The newer farmers were also blossoming in a most satisfactory way. Some more so than others, but that was par for the course.

She kept a close eye on everyone at their work. Any mistake now could mean disaster down the line. Each plant and crop was important. The brewers would need their wheat and the prey beasts needed their fodder. Tshala believed very firmly that the rest of the pride would completely fall apart without the hard work of the farmers.

A querying voice calling her name caught her attention. She looked over and smiled to herself. Sekhmet showed excellent potential as a farmer. She was meticulous and careful and clearly cared about the seeds as much as she did.

“Why, of course!” she called back in a jolly tone and sauntered carefully over, her paws daintily moving among the plantings without disturbing a single one.

“Well now, this looks very nicely done,” she said, eyeing the mounds critically and finding nearly nothing to fault. “You seem to be finding your way quite well.”

SilverLutz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 pm
Sekhmet stepped back over her little rows of mounds as Tshala approached, holding her breath while the Master Farmer inspected her handiwork. She was sure she'd find something wrong. Perhaps the mounds were too high, or too close together, or even too far apart! But they seemed to pass inspection and she let out a relieved sigh, a smile turning her worried frown into a delighted expression.

"Oh, good. I thought for sure I had messed up the distance for the shrubs with the grass," she said with a relieved sigh. "There's so many things to remember, it's amazing that you know everything. I'd surely forget something along the way."

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm
Tshala laughed long and heartily at that. She remembered the days when she’d been a nervous novice. It seemed so long ago now. She’d dedicated her life and passion to the plants and they were everything to her. That was the best thing about plants. Plant greens and you would grow greens. All it took was a little time, effort, and patience, and you could grow just about anything.

“Ah, Sekhmet, you are doing very well indeed. Your lines are nice and straight. Perhaps just a touch far apart, but that is no bad thing if these grow as well as they should,” she stated with conviction.

“You are certainly doing a better job that many of the others,” she added dryly as she turned her critical eye on the others nearby.

“HEY YOU! MIND YOUR LINES! YOUR SEEDLINGS WILL SPROUT LOOKING LIKE THEY ARE DRUNK ON BAD BREW!” she hollered at one of the young males a few plots over. The lion in question hunched his shoulders and waved sheepishly before paying closer attention to his lines.

“You see?” she asked as she turned back to Sekhmet, chuckling under her breath.

SilverLutz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm
The praise coming from the Master Farmer made Sekhmet feel much better about herself, but the shouting made her ears pin back and she ducked just a bit in surprise. She tossed a glance over towards the male who was taking the brunt of Tshala's ire and she thanked every god she knew of that it wasn't her being yelled at.

She laughed weakly as Tshala turned her attention back to her, nodding to let her know that yes, she did see. "Definitely. Ha...so! If these are done, are there more I could help with?" she asked, not wanting to be seen as a slacker or lazy. She was honest in her desire to help and learn.

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 pm
Ah! The other female’s question both pleased and impressed the Master Farmer. That was the kind of initiative that she liked to see!

“I can definitely think of some things! But first I want to ask you a personal question,” stated Tshala, her manner brisk and shrewd. She wanted to get to know Sekhmet more and nurture her to grow just like one of the plants in her fields. As a Master Farmer, she wasn’t just in charge of the welfare of the plants but also that of the farmers that she oversaw. Tshala had a keen eye for growing things, both plants and individuals.

“What made you want to be a farmer? You’re a bright lioness, there are plenty of paths you could have chosen to walk. So why this?” she asked, quite bluntly. Tshala was never one to mince her words.

SilverLutz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 pm
"Oh, of course," Sekhmet said with a nod, ears twisting forward now that the shouting had ended. She waited for the question and, when it came, she had to smile. The answer probably wasn't what Tshala was anticipating, but it was the truth all the same.

"I grew up in a pride that was nothing but sand, an occasional tree here or there," she said with a fond sigh. She did miss her home if only because she hadn't seen her family in a long time. She was glad she had left, though, because she had seen and learned so much in her travels.

"So when I left and I found out that not every place was just sand I became fascinated with everything green. And when I came here and found there was a rank where you simply grew things, I had to sign up for that one."

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 pm
The honest answer surprised and delighted Tshala, though she managed to keep both from showing on her expression. She did allow herself a satisfied nod, quite pleased with herself for finding such talent in the new farmers.

“Well now, I like that just fine indeed,” said Tshala. Eyeing the other new growers from the corner of her eye, an excellent idea occurred. She didn’t normally pair up the newer growers as it was a lot of pressure while they were still learning. But Sekhmet had a natural talent that just needed nurturing. She also needed a boost of confidence.

“I don’t normally do this, but I’d like to pair you up with knucklehead over there,” she pointed a paw in the direction of the lion she’d yelled at earlier, whose lines were better but still looked like a mess compared to Sekhmet’s regimented, tidy plantings.

“You finished up so quickly and he is still struggling. I need to check on the ones in the far corner and if you can help him at all, I’d me mighty grateful.”

It was true that Tshala needed to check on the others but she also wanted to see how the other lioness would do.

SilverLutz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:40 pm
The request came as a surprise to Sek, but she nodded right away with delight. She didn't want to let Tshala down and she knew that the best way to master a concept was to be able to teach it flawlessly to someone else.

"Of course! I'll try my best," she said, a nervous but wide smile on her muzzle. She glanced over at the struggling male before taking a deep breath. She picked her way carefully over the rows of newly planted seeds, approaching him and his messy rows cautiously.

"Hey...um...want me to help?" she asked and she was delighted to get a pleased reply. She tucked her head down to the dirt with the other farmer, explaining her methods of keeping the lines straight. Hopefully she'd be as good of a teacher as she was a planter!

Sherpuff
Last from me biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 pm
Tshala modded smugly, quite satisfied that her hunch had been a correct one. Sekhmet was indeed a natural and might have the makings of a Master Farmer herself in a few years if she remained as dedicated as she was now. She’d shown no hesitation and it looked as though she had the slow learning, sloppy-lined lion well in paw. She’d have to throw some more challenges her way to see if she would continue to excel.

In the meantime, she had other farmers to oversee. With one last satisfied glance, she turned her attention to the other planters and quickly found herself sighing in exasperation.

“No, no, NO! How many times must I tell you that you can plant those so close together! How are they supposed to grow on top of one another.....”

Tshala’s voice carried all the way across the field as she whipped these new farmers and fields into shape.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces