Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 pm
The tiny cub scampered around finally getting a feel of the lands more. While they did move often to accommodate the herds patterns she still felt like she was finally at home.

Pale eyes glanced around as she saw a small rock formation that stood maybe 3 cub heights taller than herself. That would be a perfect place for her to scout from! She was hoping to get a vulture one day and become a Cinga.

She had heard so many interesting tales about them and from the one she had met in the pride and she wanted to learn more.

Bounding up the small group of rocks she stood proudly at the top, a smile plastered to her face as she looked around. Her baby sitter wasn't too far away and the white and red male ran around after her that was also being watched by the black female and her Avian companion. Nkon glanced up at her from her perch, "How you gonna be up there when I'm down here now" He pouted.

Mthunzi was currently cub-sitting Nkon while Morrginhast was perched in a tree not too far away as she watched them interacting. She couldn't wait to have cubs of her own one day. She glanced up at the vulture and he gave a shrug. "What?" He asked, "Nothing." She said and went back to watching them.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm
User Image

The tan lioness yawned as she meandered her way forward, keeping an eye out for a good spot to take a nap. She had just finished a rather successful hunt, if she did say so herself, and now Melo was ready to laze about for the rest of the day. Maybe in a nice dirt patch somewhere. She could drive some of the lionesses crazy again with having a dirty pelt afterwards, she thought with a smirk.

Those thoughts were cut short at the sound of someone speaking nearby. Ear pricking up, Melokuhle turned to look at the two cubs nearby. The little girl was clearly giving the male a hard time, something that made her chuckle. That did beg to question though, where were the ones watching them? They seemed rather young to be out and about.

..... Not that she had room to talk, actually. Melo ignored that traitorous voice.

Not yet noticing the dark forms watching nearby, she opted to simply ask, and trotted closer with a hum, "You'll just have to find a way up then."

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 pm
MangoMeow

The young adult watched as one of the huntress's in the pride moved towards and cubs and she remained in the shadows, apparently doing what she did best. Blend in.

The vulture shook his head. He wondered how long it would take Melo to noticed them.

Nkan looked up at the tan female and gave a twist of his lips in though. "I suppose that's true."

"There is no room up here for him though!" She declared with a firm stamp of her foot." She was NOT going to have Nkan up there with her. This was HER ROCK, not his. "I was here first." She proclaimed with a proud puff of her chest.

"See, she wont let me up there anyway." He turned his attention to her now. "What's your name, I haven't met you yet." There were so many members in the pride, it was hard to meet them all he found.

Dama was now getting jealous because of the lack of attention and pouted.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm
Melo gave a laugh at the little cub's refusal. Well now, she was a cub from her own heart. "But then where's the fun in that? You're up there all alone, when you have a perfectly good lion here to best." With a coy look back at the young male, she smirked, "The name's Melokuhle, and yours?"

The lioness paused to take another glance around them, "And don't you two have a lioness watching you?" No one said that Melokuhle was the most observant of lionesses. That was more her sister's forte.

With a pause, she stared at the black shapes perched in a tree nearby. It took her a moment, before it dawned on her that those were living beings. She tensed slightly, unsure if they were hostile, and then tried to pass it off as nonchalantly as she could. Though, Melo and nonchalant never really went hand-in-hand.

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:01 pm
MangoMeow

"I'm Nkonkoni Sim Andhaka! But everone just calls me Nkon." He beamed up at the lioness as she introduced herself. "I'm Inkadama." The tiny female proclaimed. She bounded down the rock to look up at her more. "And I like to have room. He's big. He'd take it all up!" Was her justification for her actions.

When she asked who was watching them they peered behind her towards Mthunzi and Morrginhast. It had seemed they had been spotted finally by the female. Getting up she stretched and walked forward a bit, Mori stayin in the tree since there was no need for him to go anywhere.

"Afternoon." She smiled at her. "I see you met my little brother and his friend. I don't believe we've met yet. I'm Mthunzi."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 pm
Melo nodded with a smile, "True enough. Or he could have made you even higher." The mischievous side of her was rearing it's head. She wondered how the cub would process that one. At the very least, Nkon would have misgivings over it, but she rather doubted that Inkadama would care.

Turning as the kids both looked towards the black forms she'd spotted before, Melokuhle nodded back to the female. Ah, good then. There was someone there watching.... and who likely heard her suggestion.

She gave the lioness an innocent look, "I don't believe so either. I've already introduced myself to them, but I don't if you would have heard. So, I'm Melokuhle," she repeated. Best to be polite after trying to cause mischief, after all.

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:43 pm
MangoMeow

Ink gave the females words some consideration. "I suppose that's true." Nkan gave her a glare, he wasn't really gonna allow her to climb on him like that. He moved over so as to remove himself from said conversation.

"It's nice to meet you Melokuhle." She said with a smile and looked back towards her feathered companion. "That's Morrginhast back there, he doesn't say much." The vulture fluffed his feathers at his name being mentioned.

"I'm getting hungry." Nkon said looking up at the adults, Ink nodded her head in agreement, "Me too!"

Mthunzi laughed. "Want to go find these kids some food?" She offered.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am
Melo gave a purr at Nkon's reaction, amused, before turning to give a nod at the vulture. She had never really interacted with one herself, though she was always curious about them. When she was younger, she had wanted to become a Cinga or Enda herself, with a vulture companion to travel with, but as she got older, the dream had faded some.

Still, she sometimes wondered what could have happened had she continued down that route.

Shaking her head out of her thoughts, she turned back just in time to hear the two younger lions pipe up about hunger. At the offer of hunting, Melo hummed in thought. Truthfully, she had just finished hunting and she was tired.... But she was enjoying herself, and it would be nice to hang out with them. Perhaps she could even show the younglings some hunting moves too.

"I suppose," it was said in a teasing, long-suffering tone, "but how ever will we catch enough with just two of us?" She cast a glance down at them, "Unless you two would like to help?"

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 pm
MangoMeow

Morrginhast ruffled his feathers and took to the sky when Mthunzi spoke up about them going to go get food. "I can scout ahead." He said simply as he flew off in the direction he knew she might go.

She really hadn't thought they were going to go kill something, just see what other kills had been brought it but if the other lioness was up for it then she was. "We can help! We can help!" the two cubs called in unison.

"I guess that settles it then." She laughed. "If you but follow me I know a good spot not too far from here." She said to Melo with a warm smile, it wasn't a far walk at all. "Come along now children." She said ushering them towards the way they were to go.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm
Melo let out a laugh at their enthusiasm. She'd had a feeling that they would agree to that, and it would likely wear out some of their energy too. A win, win situation. She wasn't too concerned about getting a kill. It was one of the things she did best, after all, and it would be good practice for the cubs.

She again turned to watch the vulture take off, gaze curious as he did so. She wondered what it was like, flying high in the sky like that, but that was a just a passing thought. It would never happen.

The lioness nodded back to the other and followed steadily beside them, "Lead the way."

AstoriaFallen
Fin~

MangoMeow

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas