[PRP] Colors (Boma & Kamiseen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The variety of the mortal lands was remarkable. Some places were akin to the Haven, covered in snow, and yet even that did not last all year. Other places were like this, covered in green green grass as far as the eye could see. The browns of the god stuck out against this backdrop, but in a way that could almost belong.

Almost.

Kamiseen had been slowly but surely investigating the mortal realm, not even willing to admit his curiosity to himself. In the Havens, the only color was that of the gods themselves - which did tend to stick out against the stark white in most cases. Here, the mortals were as colorful as the landscape and moreso. Some chose to live in places where they could find camouflage. Others didn't seem to care one way or another. They made so little sense. And yet, they worshipped the gods. So strange.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 pm
User Image

Boma'madini did not often leave the snow covered mountain, she enjoyed the deep quiet that the God's haven afforded her. Being in the mortal's realm often made the dark spot in her memory ache, and she did not like to be reminded that there were things she could not remember.

The mortal realm did have one thing she loved though, minerals - the Haven had many, it was a mountain after all. But, it did not have the variety that the mortal realm had.

She was wandering through the green grass, extending her senses into the earth and thinking very little about what was above it. There was a vein here of something interesting, she could feel it through her toes. Her gray stood out among the grasses but the lichen that grew along her body blended with it.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm
The first sense to inform Kamiseen of his broken solitude was hearing. Sounds of someone else moving around not too far away reached the sandy god. Prompted by the unadmitted curiosity, he turned to look for the source. Kamiseen's eyebrows rose as he took in the sights of what, at first sight, seemed to be a greyness hiding beneath green. Then his gaze was drawn upwards by a proud pair of antlers.

This, he reasoned, could only be another god, for no mortal he'd yet seen bore such adornments. Well, not amongst lions. The gazelle and waterbucks had horns of other sorts, though that differed between male and female he had observed. Still, now that he was looking, the goddess was unmistakable.

Kamiseen heaved himself to his feet. It would only be polite to speak with her, if only because it had been long moons since he'd last seen another god. Not that he expected to catch up on gossip or anything like that - the Haven was as unchanging as the sun's rising and setting each day and night.

"It is much brighter here than in the Haven," Kamiseen observed aloud as he came near. The goddess was no one he knew personally in this life, but that was fine. He didn't feel the urge to know every god around. There were simply too many, and some seemed endlessly tangled up in their own lives, sucking all who came near into unbreakable webs of intrigue.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:44 pm
The goddess pulled her senses out of the earth after hearing movement, the minerals after all were not the ones moving above ground. Her instincts told her to become statuesque, pretend to be the stone she resembled and perhaps a mortal would pass her by. She looked toward the sound and found herself looking at what could only be another god. Wings, oh how she coveted wings.

"Much brighter, and so much to become distracted by," she answered her voice cautious. It was not always easy to to tell anyone's intentions, or to understand their domains on sight. Was he the God of dust? Beaches? Sand?

She glanced around the endless green grasses to see if she had disrupted something and to gain her barrings. She was so absorbed in her own thought she could have walked into anything.

"Am I interrupting you?" She did not know him on sight, although that did not mean they hadn't met in the before.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm
"To be interrupted, I would first have to be doing something," the god replied. She was looking at him rather closely, probably trying to determine his domain. It was a game Kamiseen could try in return, but why bother? He'd either find out or not. But the staring was a bit uncomfortable.

"I am Kamiseen, God of Sandstorms," the male introduced himself after the silence had stretched on to uncomfortable length. He wasn't the most...interested in pursuing a conversation, but he wished to connect, if only for a time, with this other finding the mortal realms worth visiting. Gods he understood better than mortals.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:30 pm
She suddenly realized how rude she was by staring and heat rose to her face. She spent much of her time alone, although not always by choice, and it was hard for her to make connections socially now. She wished Mtima was around, the goddess of souls was a friend and things rarely felt awkward around her.

"Oh, um...sorry," she murmured, " I am Boma'madini, Boma is fine." she bobbed her head happily. "I am the Goddess of Minerals, there's an interesting cluster of them here."

She tapped her front foot against the ground causing her beads to jingle. " Here, but I feel it's too deep to dig for."

"Sandstorms, sitting in a field of grass?" She tilted her head questioningly not wanting to pry too much into his life. She often ran into mortals, but didn't see other gods.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:44 pm
Minerals, hm? And she said there were some beneath the ground? Far be it for Kamiseen to to argue with another god about something beyond his domain. If Boma said it was so, then it must be. Not that he found minerals particularly interesting. He wasn't even completely certain what qualified as such a thing, but was not going to expose that ignorance.

Instead, he supposed he should answer the questioning tone she had used about his presence here.

"There are many environments in the mortal realms, but only one in the Haven," he explained. "I do not see why I should limit myself only to those places filled with sand."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:14 pm
"That makes sense," she replied, Boma hoped she hadn't offended Kamiseen by asking. She supposed she was here for the same reason he was, it was different than the Haven, there was something interesting to see. "I don't leave the drabness of Our Haven as often as I probably should."

"Are there any other interesting places you've seen besides sand and grass?" She hadn't done much adventuring. Boma feared bodies of water and did not like dark places, she preferred open sky and mountains to most things. She wouldn't willing adventure to the ocean if she could help it.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 pm
The god considered the question. He had been to multiple locations in the mortal realms by now, but he didn't think any of them qualified as "interesting." Sure, he remembered where he'd been, but to Kamiseen, "interesting" denoted a place that was noteworthy for som reason.

"Not particularly," he replied at last after having a nice long think. The male supposed he might make an effort in the future to visit more exotic locales, but that seemed like more work than it might be worth.

"And yourself?" Kamiseen asked, finally using a question of his own in the conversation. The god wasn't specifically interested in the answer per se, but it was a polite enough way to respond to the goddess. Besides, her answer might be intriguing after all.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games