Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[JRP]Nothing Lost (Kupa x Vestip)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:38 pm
He had been alone for so many years now, stolen and abandoned by Sabia and her demon father, left to die in a world that didn't care about one massive gentle giant. Still Kupa survived and eventually learned to care for himself. It had been a hard, bitter lesson for the dim witted male who had once only known the love and care of his family. Yet as the years passed, Kupa grew from a gangly youth to a truly monster sized lion, his gentle nature and kindness never wavered towards females that he came across as his upbringing and the love his mother and sisters installed in him held true.

His travels brought him across many prides, some who saw his massive size as a threat, running him off with threats and violence. Others let the gentle giant stay for a time before he moved on. As he approached a new area he smelled enough lions to know he was moving towards another's territory and hoped there would be no issues with his brief visit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:43 pm
He was out hunting for the pride. His white fur gleamed in the sunlight as the male moved silently. Despite being half blind, Vestip knew what he was doing when it came to hunting. He lived for years as a rogue before he met...all of the mates he had in his life.

Thinking back on them brought him such bittersweet memories. His mate, Awitsi, knew of his past and how he had children with others. She was fine with it, patient and gentle with Vestip as he learned how to settle.

He never thought he'd see any of his older children again, not unless they were already in the pride he called home. When a streak of red caught his attention, Vestip went into crouch mode.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm
Kupa yawned before shaking out his heavy dark mane. Huffing the air, he frowned at a familiar scent. He knew it...it was old, tickling the back of the young man's slow brain...still it would be best to let the other know he knew they were there.

'I know you're there. I mean no harm, I am simply looking to pass through on my travels. I won't cause any problems."

He flopped himself down, shoulders hunching some to try to keep from looking so intimidating. It was a habit Sabia had hated but been unable to beat out of him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:52 pm
Oh, it was...a male lion. Vestip stepped out and then looked the massive red male over.

"...Kupakwasha..?" Was it really him? There was no mistaking it. It was his son. Vestip's smile grew wide as he let out an unbelieving laugh. "Kupa! It's me, it's your dad!"

Oh how exciting this was! Vestip had missed his children, and now one had come to visit!  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:57 pm
There was a moment of stunned silence then Kupa was moving. He stood up...and up! He was truly a monster with a good heads height and hundred pounds or more on Vestip.

"You..." His normal gentle voice was cold and harsh as his stripped ears laid back in his mane. "Do not even think to call yourself that. You ceased being a father then you walked away from my mother for some other female."

Snarling low in his throat, his claws flexed in the ground. "Even now you stink of some other female. How many has there been since you left us? How many children have you abandoned. You are no father. "

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 pm
His ears were back from the moment he heard the male's voice turn ice cold. Vestip was lowering himself to his stomach as the harsh words cut into him like claws into his heart. How many years had he thought the exact same thing about himself? Years of self loathing, of lone wandering.

He thought his mate and the pride had helped him heal, but hearing those words so bitterly thrown at him...

"..." Vestip deserved this. Vestip deserved everything thrown at him by this one. By any of his children.

And what could he say? I'm sorry didn't seem like it would be acceptable here. Maybe the choice was to let this one speak his mind.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:07 pm
Scoffing, Kupa stalked towards him only to make himself stop short of reaching him. "She cried...for months on end. She only had us and mawmaw and pops, but we weren't enough. We had to listen to her.-I- had to listen to her. -I- had to be the one to reassure her she was enough, that she was worth being loved...how could you do that to me?"

His voice cracked at the last, a tremble setting up in his frame. "You left us, you broke her heart, all of our hearts and you left it on me. Then they took me from her! Said I was big enough, that I was only good for breeding and they took.me.from.her...and you weren't there."

He hiccuped a broken little sound as he hunched down again, shaking, "Was it worth it?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 pm
Vestip's eyes watered as he listened. His son's life was torture, he'd broken a family. He didn't deserve anything he had. It was his fault so many were suffering because he as a fickle young lion when he knew Kupa's mother. He had moved on to another.

".....Nothing I say will bring you any comfort," Vestip finally said, voice low and thick as he finally spoke. "Nothing... I ...can't make this right for you."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:26 pm
"So why did you do it? WHY?! I deserve that much don't I?" Kupa demanded/begged tears clear in his voice as he hunched down suddenly sounding young and scared. "Why did you leave us? Didn't you want us? Didn't you love us?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:39 pm
"I love you, Kupakwasha. I love you, and your siblings, and your mother." Even as Vestip spoke he shook his head. "But... I couldn't stay. I couldn't.. I talked with her about it. I..." Vestip swallowed and let out a whimper.

"I was selfish. I... I was so selfish and it.." It ruined lives. "I fell in love with another female. I left you with your mother, thinking you would have a good life with her. Thinking things would last. That maybe, just maybe, she would help.. you understand. I fell in love with another lioness. I stayed in her pride, h...had... I had a litter with her. She died." That's all he needed to know on Kabusha. She was dead. It hurt him every day he thought about her. Kabusha was dead and he had abandoned his life he built with her, unable to stay.

"That's...why."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 pm
Huffing in pain, Kupa looked away from him. "You don't love someone then leave them. That's not love. They took me away from mama, said I was just a boy, that boys belonged to all the females. They wouldn't let me be with mama or my sisters or mawmaw. Then demons stole me from the tribe, because I'm such a big freak."

He looked down at the ground sadly, "Sabia left me too. Said I was too much trouble. No one stays."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm
"...Kupakwasha. Please... Nothing I say will make this easier. But I ...I can offer you a place to stay. A... home if you want it. Mawu...calls this place her home." He hadn't seen her since he joined years ago. They weren't talking, but they weren't really hostile. "You've got siblings... here. Mawu had a mate. She... had litters. I had...I had one. Kim'acha is here!" He was trying to show Kupa he didn't have to be alone. He didn't have to like Vestip, or ever forgive him, but this was his son. Vestip really wanted to ...ease some of the pain any way he could. He had family here.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keantha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:16 pm
Kupa froze his violet eyes going wide with shock as he whimpered softly sounding like a cub despite his size "Mama? She's here? And..and Kimmy? They..." He swallowed hard looking scared and torn as he shook. "They are really here?"

After a long moment, Kupa nodded with a sniffle "Ok..I..I wanna see mama and Kimmy. I'll stay...if that's allowed...Most places don't want me around but if mama and Kimmy are here...I'll make them let me stay."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 pm
"They're here," he reaffirmed, nodding and swallowing. His ears were still back, and Vestip didn't dare get helpful. The white male brought himself to his full size, but he wasn't sure if he could actually look his son in the eye.

"Kim'acha will be happy to see you again. She's.. Her vision is getting worse. She misses... all of her siblings." He wanted Kupa to meet his litter with his new mate, but that wasn't a thing that would happen any time soon. Maybe never because of how torn up the boy was. "I hope you find some peace here."
Keantha

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers