Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Making a splash (Amalthea, Seb and Mab)(ToL)(Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Amalthea was down by the river not far from the large baobab tree she looked down into the water thinking about the rouge she had met there the other day, she sighed she had been so worried about them and they had merely been fishing. Amalthea was brave by no measure she didn't know if she had the courage to jump into the river. She wanted to try fishing though. She took a deep breath and started to jump off the rock she had been standing on jumping into the water. She saw a fish and she started after it. She was a skilled fisher by no means and looked very silly with what she was doing.

She was halfway across the river to the other side where the border of the baobab lands was. She looked up a little nervous, she was getting used to her new home and she was slowly getting comfortable with the members. She wondered about rouges though so far none of the rouges she had met had been mean to her. She had been a rouge herself not long ago and she was skittish then too. So it seemed it would take a while before Amalthea learned to trust others.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 am
User Image

"Come on, Seb. I smell water up ahead. Let's take a break."

The pair had been traveling for a while now, flitting from place to place but never settling. He wouldn't settle. Not until he found Zaina again, and maybe not even then. He just wanted to see her again, to speak to someone who wouldn't judge or harass him, and what he did after that... well, he didn't know. He likely would never know, because the chances of finding her once more were thin, but still Sebahive tried.

The white lion nodded back to his companion with a crooked, brittle smile, though he knew that that was about as good as he could give at this point in time. At least Mablevi was forgiving in that aspect. She was always forgiving, and he loved her for it. She was like a sister to him, coaxing him to remember to eat or rest, and he was sure that he would have collapsed by now if not for her.

The maned wolf kept her nose in the air, sniffing and walking at the same time. Seb would stop her from falling over if it came to it. Right now, all she cared about was finding somewhere for them to take a break. Somewhere with water would be perfect! Then they could get a drink and recharge before heading off again.

As they got closer though, Mablevi paused at the sight in front of them. There was a river, the source of her water, but there was also a leopard. She could feel Seb tensing up beside her, and it had her brushing her tail soothingly against his side in sympathy. This wasn't the first time she mentally cursed his old pride. He was always so nervous around others now because of them, but she tried to coax him into be social when she could. After all, the best cure for this was to get to know someone, right?

Well, there likely would never be a cure for... she shook her head. She didn't want to think about it.

Instead, she butted her head against his side and then turned to call out to the leopard, "Hello!"

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm
MangoMeow

Amalthea blinked and looked over at the lion and the manned wolf that had called out hello to her, her fish had gotten away from her. She wasn't sure what to do, she was tempted to sink down into the water and hide but that wouldn't be very friendly at all. Also it wouldn't be with keeping with the pride's belief system she needed to put herself out there and try to make new friends or she would never grow out of her fear of others. "Umm hello." she said going towards the pair. "I am Amalthea welcome to the Baobab territory." She said in a soft tone.

She hoped this pair weren't mean creatures, even trying to be welcoming she wasn't the bravest leopard who had ever lived so she hoped they she came in contact with nice beings that wouldn't make her want to run and hide. She had lived the life of a frightened rouge for a long time and had only recently had her life changed by joining the Baobab pride. She liked it so far but pride life took some getting used to. She wasn't really sure what else to say to this pair, she shifted about nervously.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:33 am
Sebahive gave a sharp glance at his companion as she spoke, and then watched as the maned wolf trotted closer. He wasn't sure about approaching random people... let alone a leopard. Not that he had anything against leopards, but he had never interacted with one before. His old pride wasn't known for having them, and the ones who live as rogues tend to keep their distance.

But he wasn't about to let Mable go off on her own either. Protectiveness reared up and made him hurry after his friend.

At the mention of this being a territory, the lion seemed to tense up even more. He had tried to avoid prides since they'd left the Intaba, and the mention of one so close had him on edge immediately. He was even less sure about being here now.

Mablevi sighed, casting a glance at the male with a forlorn look. He was clamming up again, a trait that he'd never managed to brush off after leaving his homeland. It was almost funny, really. He had days where he would be the most chatty person in the world, sometimes simply talking to himself even, but then he would come across someone else and go completely silent. It was a struggle to get him to trust anyone.

Turning back to Amalthea, the wolf smiled in what she hoped was a friendly enough manner to balance out the other's tenseness. "Why, we didn't know that there was a pride living here. I hope we're not intruding."

She tilted her head to the side, "Would you mind if we rested by this river? We've been traveling for a while, and could use a break. My name is Mablevi, and this lump is Sebahive."

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:23 pm
MangoMeow

Amalthea nodded "I didn't know either till a few weeks ago, I stumbled on this place much as you have and was welcomed here and decided to become a healer to one of the clans here." She nodded again "I'm sure it will be alright if you rest and drink, the group is still rather small and rouges are free to join, I was a rouge a few weeks ago till I joined the pride." She said softly "There numbers were once great from what I have been told, but many years ago something happened and some died and others scattered. So the pride you know.." She said softly. "Nice to meet you both I think." She said looking at Sebahive who didn't seem to like her at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 pm
Mablevi cast a glance back at Seb as he warily trotted up next to her, "Oh, don't mind him. He just gets nervous being around others." If by nervous you meant "skittish", "quiet" and "untrusting", but Amalthea didn't need to know that part. She ignored the quiet huff from the male and continued on, "We won't cause any trouble, I promise, nor do we mean you or your pride any harm."

Sebahive nodded at Mab's words, reluctant though he was to take shelter in a pride for even a short time. They sounded like a small pride, and the duo likely wouldn't be here for too long. At least, he hoped so. Mablevi had a habit of dragging him into situations he didn't want to be in, but he would put his paw down on that.

But she was right in that they wouldn't cause trouble. If there was one thing Seb was good at, it was managing to keep to himself and not bring attention to either of them.

He followed slowly after Mablevi as she walked closer to the edge of the water, eyeing the leopard before finally leaning down to take a drink.

Mablevi sat with a thump beside him as he drank, humming thoughtfully, "A shame about your pride's numbers though." Her ears flattened, "I do hope your numbers build back up, and all of you can continue to thrive happily."

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 pm
MangoMeow

Amalthea was grateful they were not here to cause trouble or harm. "Thank you both, and I hope your travels take you to what to seek." She said "Perhaps if you ever return the pride will be bigger then." She said she was hopeful that would be the case the pride grew day by day. New members joining and perhaps some would have cubs to bring new life to the pride to help it to grow.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am
The water felt good on his throat, and served to cool down some of his nerves too. So, there was that, at least.

As he lifted his head back up from drinking, Seb cast one more wary glance between Amalthea and Mablevi, before flopping down with a sigh. He was tempted to take a nap, but he also knew that that wouldn't happen with the knowledge of a pride so close, as well as a stranger nearby. So he settled with simply lounging beside Mable, his eyes sliding closed in an attempt to somewhat rest.

He kept an ear on their conversation though. Just in case.

Mab, meanwhile, nodded in response, "I think I would like to see that someday." If only to see a flourishing pride. Maybe it would help to change her companion's views one day, but that was a thought for another time. "And thank you." She smiled, though she knew that the leopard couldn't possibly know what they were searching for.

At that point, she finally noticed Amalthea's position in the water. That was a rather odd position to be in. Was she fishing? "I'm sorry, did we disturb you? What are you doing, if you don't mind me asking?"

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:28 pm
MangoMeow

Amalthea smiled she hope their pride would be amazing one day it might take some time but she was ready to learn and grow and become who she was meant to be. Her cheeks heated and she mumbled "Umm well I was trying to fish, but I'm not very good at it."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:16 pm
Mablevi gave a soft smile at her words, chuckling under her breathe, "Well, you're probably a sight better than me or Seb." She gave a more pronounced laugh at that, "We both came from the mountains, and fishing is not high on the list of things we learned how to do."

The maned wolf cocked her head to the side, throwing a side glance at Seb to judge what his reaction would be, before standing once more and trotting forward. "I wouldn't mind trying my paws at it though, if you don't mind the company. Could you show me some of the basics? Maybe we can learn from each other."

Sebahive opened one eye to watch as Mable walked away, shifting uncomfortably at the thought of her leaving his side, but she was her own person. She could do what she wanted.

.... That didn't mean he was happy about her choice, but at least he could still keep an eye on her and this leopard. He would continue his rest over here though, well away from what was likely going to turn into a very wet experience. The white lion shifted his paws underneath his belly, and closed his eyes once more, keeping one ear on their conversation and the other on the soothing sound of the river.

Midnightglow18
And if you want to end off the rp with them going to try fishing, you can. x3 Or we can keep going~

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm
(Fin)  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff