Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Songs by the Beach (H'in and Onasta)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm
Prisamuth was a picky green dragon. Everything needed to be clean and organized, and her appearance required a lot of attention. So H'in was once again flying in towards the beach with his dragon, for the third time that week, carrying a bucket of soap and oils and a long soft brush.

The vibrant green dragon tilted her wings back and came skidding in across the water like she had seen an aquatic bird do before, finding it made her look more graceful. H'in had to hang on, of course, until the dragon was floating in the water with her wings outstretched on either side of her on top of the water, looking quite pleased.

"You're such a show off." H'in teased as he slid into the water and swam over to where it was a bit more shallow, "Come on then. Let's get you clean. Honestly, though, you haven't even gotten dirty since two days ago."

She teased right back, swimming over to the shallows.

Laughing at that, H'in put soap onto the brush. "So what song would you like me to sing to you first?" He questioned happily, moving to start scrubbing at her side as she lifted a wing.

She mused, humming happily when he started scrubbing with the soft brush and sweet smelling soap.

After a few moments though, H'in began singing in his deep baritone voice. The song was a cheerful and upbeat one about majestic dragons in flight, fighting the scourge of Thread. It was enough to get Prisamuth to bob her head and tap a foot in the water.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 pm
Between the long hours of fighting Thread in the High Altitude Wing this time around and the truly exhausting training that came directly after lunch Onasta was wiped out but not nearly as much as her large splotchy brown. Jibasth had looped himself down towards the beach and all but crashed into the sand to lay down and relax, letting it warm his soft skin that seemed to shine in the light from all the scrubbing and oiling despite the long day with riding gear strapped to him. Despite his size and stamina the brown dragon was exhausted and had no problem admitting to her that he wanted a lazy moment to relax in their free time, a rarity in all their years together so who was she to deny him?

Though she would have really enjoyed laying down to relax herself after such a day, the redhead found that she couldn't do so when her dragon was so weary and ended up massaging his muscles in his shoulders and chest while he relaxed. At his urging she began to sing quietly for him, her low voice not carrying far but it was just loud enough for him to appreciate it, something that she did predominately for him and the occasional wher that she met on patrol. Not very proud of her singing and even shy to the point of violence about it when put in the right situation, Onasta tended to deny even being able to sing if questioned. The humming Jibasth added to her singing filled her with elation and her voice got a bit louder until she heard something in the distance that echoed with the proximity of the water that carried it further.

Clamming up instantly and turning her head to look off into the distance, Onasta tried to get a clear idea of where the song was coming from, deep and full of life and certainly beautiful. Much better than anything that she had ever managed to sing, her voice not being deep enough to sing half of those songs and her repertoire of songs no where near enough to even be able to sing very often. It called to her somehow and with a gentle pat at his shoulder, the redhead left her giant brown with promises to return soon and sing once more. Though she should have been somewhat hesitant to follow it, the bold woman couldn't help herself and followed the melody down the sand until she saw a vibrant green dragon in the water being scrubbed, something she'd never seen before at the beach but found herself grinning at.

Not wanting to interrupt the cleaning session or the singing by calling out to the pair she simply sat down on the sand and rested her chin on her knees, icy blue eyes closed as she listened to the rider's singing. After a few moments she reached out to Jibasth and beckoned him over with the promise of better singing than she could manage herself.

I find that hard to believe, but have it your way.

With his strong ears the big brown had heard the singing himself but had ignored it, preferring his tiny speck's vocalizations to those of a man even if he admitted that the man was quite good. He could not ignore her request though and rose slowly to lumber over to her, wings folding onto his back as his tail drug in the loose sand making a trail. It was fortunately close as he was still worn out and with his towering height Jibasth was certain that the others would notice the pair now, something that Onasta clearly didn't want. Despite her desires, confusing enough to him as it was, he laid down in a loose circle about her, his swirling blue eyes watching the singer and his green dragon in the waves with a weary interest.

Surprisingly he's quite melodious, are you telling me that you're interested in listening to singing now, would you like to sing with him?

Glaring at him in an accusatory way but unable to smack him without moving, the redhead simply grumbled under her breath about her lack of singing skills and went back to enjoying the rider's song before it ended.

Rhea Izar

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:05 pm
H'in had finished one side and was scrubbing the other, then was working up over Prisamuth's neck. She leaned into the scrubbing and closed her eyes, giving a purring like hum. She didn't pay any attention to the other dragon, though she was aware he was there, her focus was more on the lovely brushing she was getting.

H'in kept singing, glancing up when movement caught his eye and he saw a big splotchy brown and a bright dot of red. He grinned and sung a bit louder, moving into another song about flight, this one with a much faster tempo. He began scrubbing faster in time with his song, moving onto her legs and her feet, scrubbing between each toe and shining each talon how she liked it. If he was going to have an audience, he was going to sing loud enough for them to enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:58 pm
It was odd to her that this man would wash his dragon in the ocean rather than in one of the bath pools back at the Weyr where supplies were, but maybe he was just like her and enjoyed being around the ocean more than blocked in by stone. It made her all the more happy that she had been picked for Western Weyr and stuck around it all those years ago when there were other options out there. Certainly High Reaches had been very militant in their training and would have been an obvious choice for anyone with the desire to rise in the ranks to show off their skills, until she'd discovered that as a woman on a brown and not a gold she would never hold much of a rank there in any way. Certainly nothing above a Wing Second and it would be laughable for a Wing Leader. So she had stayed and been rewarded with a hut right on the beach that kept her close to the water both she and her dragon enjoyed swimming in, though the chance for advancement was what really kept her around.

Shaking her head free of such thoughts she lost herself in the song for a bit, wanting to rise and run to tell him just how much she enjoyed the lovely song as it morphed into something new, something faster and brilliant. Not much of a singer herself she adored hearing his deep voice and the range of notes that he could hit as it powered on. Surely the green was enjoying it as well and Onasta found herself humming along lightly to it, much to the joy of her large brown dragon who tried to hum himself and failed rather spectacularly thanks to his weariness and lack of tune in general. At this the redhead laughed loudly, head tilting back as the bright noise escaped her and carried enough to echo back to her own ears. The echo made her jump and her eyes widened a bit as she clapped her hands over her mouth, hoping against hope that she hadn't been so loud that she'd interrupted his wonderful song.

I'm certain that if you did he'd forgive you for how cute that was. Your laughter is like hearing a bell little one.

Cheeks turning as red as her hair and seeming to burn her freckles off of her face, Onasta moved to cover her entire face with her hands and laughed again even if it was quieter. She knew that Jibasth was correct but didn't want to indulge him by acknowledging it and giving him a leg up on her, even if he had the ability to see directly into her soul.

Rhea Izar

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:28 pm
Hattaki

The green dragon was having her neck scrubbed as he sun, then H'in stepped back to let his dragon wade out into the deeper water and dive under, dunking herself and rinsing off the suds. She teasingly flung water at her rider with her wing, causing him to laugh.

The female laugh did indeed interrupt the big man's song, but only for a moment, and he continued loudly. Now that he knew he was showing off for a woman, it meant he wanted to do a bit more. "Hey, Pris, why don't we go meet our new friend over there? It will be easier to oil you up in the grass anyway, you won't have to worry as much about sand sticking to you."

The green considered, slyly knowing that her rider liked the idea of a red-headed woman with such a pretty laugh, and projected at much, earning a stammer and a blush. This only confirmed that she was right, and the brilliantly colored green strode up from the water majestically, shaking herself out an shaking her wings before tucking them up to the side.

H'in was still flushing as he gathered up his things, and he set out across the sands towards the brown and his rider.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 pm
Taking the cue from her large brown that they were about to receive company, Onasta lifted her head and looked straight up at the large wall of man walking towards her with a bucket and some cloths. Flush still present on her face she did her best to swallow it by thinking of anything else other than her embarrassing burst of laughter that had disrupted his beautiful song. Her duties, the list of things she would have to do later in the day, cleaning Jibasth up after all this sand was stuck to his skin, the little green that had just walked closer to her along with her rider.

That distracted her at least, even though she rode astride a brown she had always loved the little jeweled green dragons that danced around in the sky. Though Jibasth had all the energy of a storm and could move quickly despite his lack of grace, she always wondered what it was like to fly on an acrobatic dragon, if it was breathtaking or a rush. Nicara was really good at describing what it was like to ride Diesteth when he whirled into those feats of speed and acrobatics, but Jibasth was not so. This green was brighter than grass or some of the green fruit that she'd seen in the jungles outside of the Weyr. Seemed that her rider took very good care of her too, maybe it was a bonus from being washed in the ocean.

Not sure if that's true. It might be that he dotes on her though, she shines like a gem.

Casting a look up at Jibasth, the little redhead took a deep breath and waved at the man walking up the beach.

"Good day for a wash isn't it? I need to do the same to this giant later." Onasta pointed a thumb at her swirled brown with a bright smile, though she knew full well that it would take her hours it was something that she enjoyed. Keeping her dragon in perfect fighting form was something that brought her pride.

Rhea Izar

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am
The green rider beamed at the red head. She was absolutely beautiful, and he couldn't help but feel his face heat up. Luckily his darker skin didn't give away the blush as easily, and he had to clear his throat to answer. "Indeed. That must be quite a task." He said, looking up at the large brown with a smile. "He's beautiful."

The little green continued up into the grass, turning around and daintily tucking her legs in as she lay down, giving a courteous nod in greeting to the brown, tucking her wings in.

"I hope you enjoyed the song." H'in said happily, sitting down his things and pulling a large bottle of scented oil from the bucket. "I do love an audience."

Am I not enough audience for you? Or do you mean you love the audience of a pretty girl?

H'in stammered at that projected thought from his green, coughing a bit to cover his embarrassment. "My name is H'in. This beauty is Prisamuth." He patted his dragon's neck, and she crooned in amusement and love.

"What might your names be?" H'in asked as he opened the oil and grabbed a dry rag, pouring it on there. A lovely floral scent wafted from the rag and he began rubbing the oil into his dragon's bright green skin in a circular motion.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:23 pm
Low hum of appreciation coming from him, Jibasth inclined his head respectfully to the pair that joined himself and his rider, eyes swirling a calm blue color for their benefit. Though his semi-constant state was always calm the large brown knew exactly how to accept a compliment, even if there was a remark about his size in there as well. There was no way to help the fact that he was larger than others, most of the dragons in his wing were smaller than him, though fortunately not his wingleader who was bronze, that might have been a bit odd.

"Thank you! I spend a lot of time making sure all those swirls shine." Onasta patted her brown's side happily. "This big guy's name is Jibasth and mine is Onasta, it's a pleasure to meet you and Prisamuth. And I really did enjoy that song, we followed it all the way over here. Sorry I laughed right in the middle of it and interrupted you, that was the last thing I wanted. Though I feel as though you deserve a larger audience with that wonderful voice."

Flowers met her nose and caused it to crinkle just a bit, she did enjoy flowers but she never thought of adding another scent to the oil she used on her dragon. H'in really did dote on his green just as Jibasth said and it showed in every way. Adding a scent to oil.... maybe she could convince one of the cooks to give her something she could use for her dragon, but she loved his scent as it was distinctly his own.

"That smells beautiful, no wonder she shines just like a gem, you take excellent care of her from the looks of it. Jibasth was admiring it earlier." the little redhead let his stammering pass with a little giggle, clearly the conversation that he'd been having with his dragon was the cause of that and her curiosity was piqued even if she would never pry.

At her comment the big brown started slightly.

Rhea Izar
Sorry! Almost missed it. lol

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Hattaki

"Jibasth and Onasta. It's a pleasure for us as well." H'in said happily as he worked, thick arm muscles flexing as he rubbed the oil into his lovely dragon. "Well, her mother told her about scented oils, and now that's all she will accept." He laughed lightly, and the green looked up at the brown, tilting her head curiously and ruffling her wings.

"Is that right?" She asked, a flirtatious sound in her voice as she spoke to the big swirled brown.

"So what are you two up to today?" H'in asked casually, patting his dragon's leg and having her unfold it from beneath her so he could work on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 am
Her mother? Onasta had never once thought about dragons getting to know their mothers or their fathers, just because they hatched didn't mean that they had anything to do with them after they broke from their shells. Right? Jibasth had never shown much interest in his own mother and as far as she was aware Nicara's dragon Diesteth didn't show any real interest in his mother either. But then maybe it was because both of them were male, maybe greens and golds actually wanted to spend time with their mothers because they could learn something? Maybe it was something that males couldn't learn.

Or maybe it was just in the green's personality. "I've never thought of dragons learning from their mothers, but if it's what she likes then I suppose there's no helping it." Onasta chuckled a bit at the thought of making Jibasth smell of flowers. The large brown, to his credit, was only a little flustered with the flirty tone that Prisamuth took in speaking to him.

Well how could one not notice with those pretty wings? Your rider takes very good care of you, it definitely shows his care.

Amusement snuck into Onasta's voice as she responded to the question, watching the interaction between the two dragons take place, "Honestly after that most recent Thread flight we were just planning on relaxing on the beach for a bit before training. I feel a little lazy watching you oil Prisamuth though, but I have to admit that I loved listening to you sing. I wish I had the voice for it at all, but sadly I do not." A little bell-like laugh escaped her and the small redhead waved a hand as if to dismiss her own singing as an atrocity. Something that earned her a heavy snort from Jibasth.

Rhea Izar

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:26 pm
Hattaki

"Oh come now, you can't be all that bad." H'in replied with a gruff laugh of his own. He continued working on his green, grinning at the cute red head. "You have a lovely laugh. I'll bet your singing is pretty too." He teased her, enjoying that red blush on her face. "You two do look a bit tired. It must have been a long day for you. We trained a bit but today was pretty light." He admitted.

"Oh, you think my wings are pretty?" Pris flirted, lifting her wings a bit, the subtle mottled circles at the ends shining in the bright late afternoon sun. She gave the equivilent of a dragon smile, her eyes swirling, "You're so kind. Oh yes, H'in takes care of me very well...it is the same for you and your pretty little rider too, isn't it?"

((I have a new picture of H'in, check him out smile )

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:42 am
Covering her face with both hands, Onasta allowed her cheeks to turn a bit red behind them for his praise but a grin sliced across her face as well, splitting it as she thought of her own singing and how often she was praised by her dragon. While she thought it was nothing maybe some did? It was well enough then, maybe. A sigh escaped her to mask what she'd been thinking and doing behind her hands and she let them drag down her face as the flush on her cheeks faded back to simply freckles once again. Pale eyes looked at him and she smiled almost sadly in response to his comment of light training.

"High Reaches is currently out of commission, for the most part anyway, so it makes things difficult running double the territory in thread flights just to keep up the slack. I couldn't imagine if such a sickness ran through Western though, hopefully they keep all of that over there and those fighting thread are fit enough." Onasta shook her head in amazement for how they tried to go out and fight on the brink of death, High Reaches could be considered foolish but certainly she never thought they had death wishes. The lot of them! "My singing always came way further down on the list of what makes me up, given how hard big guy and I work. Fighting Thread has always been just a bit more important, but it's fun in the calm moments inbetween."

A chuckle escaped Jibasth as he watched the pretty little green preen under her rider's care and he inclined his head a bit to her. Sparkles of brighter blue scattered across the facets of his eyes as he watched her and he relaxed a bit as he watched the rider and his small green. Surely it is hopefully an act that most riders see to, but yours has a bit more deft hand and care for it. My Speck might not make the oil smell but she does work hard given the size difference. It shows love, which could be what gives you that glow. If a dragon could wink the colossal brown might have in that moment but he reached down to nudge his rider's pale arm instead and was rewarded with that same arm wrapping around his muzzle in a hug.

Rhea Izar
Ooooo, what a buff hunk! ;D

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items