Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Singing with Dragons (H'in and Jailla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:55 pm
The sun was shining down brightly on Western, and the Weyr busy with it's daily routines. A warm sound was coming from one of the weyrs. A deep, bellowing voice was singing out a fun melody between grunts. Inside, a vibrant green dragon was watching her rider muck out her space, getting rid of the stale and old hay, with new hay and even a couple of clean furs to make it more comfortable for her in the chill of January, especially at night. Her eye spun with colors of green and blue as she listened to her rider singing a song about the seasons and harvests, her head bobbing back and forth to the sounds.

H'in was a large rider, and with his large muscles, he was making quick work of cleaning the weyr. His dragon was especially fastidious and required extra attention to cleanliness, which he did so without complaint. He finished cleaning out the hay and got a bucket of hot soapy water, grabbing down a stiff broom to start scrubbing away at the floor, prepping it for clean bedding.

Prisamuth encouraged, her tail lightly beating against the floor.

H'in smiled at the request, but obliged, and soon his booming voice was singing out the tale in time with his scrubbing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 pm
Jailla’s curiosity got the better of her as she heard a deep voice singing. It wasn’t Phayton—no, Ph’ton! She had to keep reminding herself of the change. “I’ve never heard that song,” she said, once she’d caught sight of H’in. Micheth was close behind her.

I don’t know why we came, Mine. Let them do as they will! We have things to do. Why did his insist on being social? Why did his insist he be more social? It wasn’t necessary. It wasn’t something they needed to focus on. ...But perhaps it would do well to learn to better vocalize his ideas? Hello, he greeted the green.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:20 pm
Prisamuth turned her head at the greeting, looking as if she was caught off guard, then smoothed her wings out and nodded towards the little blue. She let out a sweet croon,

The large man huffed as he stood straight, coming out to see what was going on, and beaming when he saw the young dragon and his young rider. "Well, hello there." He echoed, sounding like his dragon. "Can I help you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:49 pm
“We heard you singing,” Jailla admitted. “I was curious to see who was singing—are you harper trained, then? I’m a starcrafter.” Music was nice, too. “This is Micheth,” she added, gesturing at her blue. “He’s pretty shy, though, he doesn’t say much.”

I am not shy. Micheth retorted, immediately. The quiet blue stretched and studied Prismuth, and then her rider.

You are very bright colored, he observed.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 pm
H'in grinned at that, "Yes, actually, I am. And a starcrafter? That's impressive." He admitted, "It's lovely to meet you both. My name is H'in, and this is Prisamuth."

The green bowed her head slightly, observing the younger blue and giving a little bit of an amused grin, <Better for others to see me in the air so we don't collide.> She teased the young one back.

"Can you sing?" H'in asked. "I could use a singing partner. Singing makes the work go by faster."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:50 pm
"It's a pleasure to meet you, H'in, Prisamuth," Jailla smiled at both rider and dragon. "Well, an apprentice," she admitted.

Oh... Sing? The honest answer was yes. But it was a matter of being able to sing well, that was the problem. Anyone can sing, her craftsmaster had told her, but it took practice to be able to sing so that people wanted to hear you. "Not well," she said.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:26 am
Thaliawen

The large man smiled brightly, "That's quite all right. See, the key to singing is to have fun with it." He said, "Let's see...do you know the song about the Lazy Runner?" He asked. It was an old child's song he knew, about a Runner who had become lazy and wanted to rest whenever he had the chance and laze about in the sun, then got caught up in a Threadfall and had to run for his life, finding refuge in a barn full of manure. The joke was he could be smelled for miles around after that. It was light hearted and fun, and most children knew it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 am
Oh... No, she didn’t know that one. She gave him an apologetic glance. “Most of the songs I know are about firelizards,” she admitted. “Or dragons, stars, the Red Star.” The teaching tunes, of course, no child on Pern could get away with not memorizing them.

“You could sing it to me,” she invited.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am
Thaliawen

The big man grinned and winked, "I think I could do that." He picked up his brush and went back to scrubbing in time with a beat, using it to punctuate his song. His deep voice began booming out the sing-song tune, telling the silly little tale about the runner. He ended up dancing with his broom and tapping it against the floor to create a tune. Pris began thumping the end of her tail in time with him, eyes swirling with gleeful colors as she added to the song.

When he was done, he threw out his arms and bowed, then laughed. "I forgot how much fun that song is."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:18 am
Jailla listened and shook her head by the end of the song, grinning. She could see why she didn’t know it. It was one of the fun songs she hadn’t been free to learn while she’d been apprenticed. “Your dragon is musical too,” she observed. “That’s interesting. I wonder what Micheth and I share, interest wise.” She was looking forward to getting to know her dragon more.

The stars are nice. Micheth offered. I like listening to your ideas, Mine. He seldomly voiced his own.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces