belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 am
User Image

Jamidi had become considerably more refined than she had in her youth, realizing as an adolescent that others were far more likely to take her seriously if she was mature about how she went about things. So, she trained hard and studied well and by the time she had grown into adulthood, she was a well known Law-Speaker and not just because her father was the only member of the Council.

She had worked hard to get to her position and now she was going to work hard to keep it. She would make sure that her colony got the effort put into it that it deserved and she would do anything to see that goal achieved.

That said, Jamidi knew her limits and knew from experience what happened when she tried to push herself beyond them. A visit from a Medic and a stern talking to. She wasn't about to go through that again. So, she learned to pace herself and to take breaks. She was on one of her breaks currently.

She was walking through the forest, enjoying the sounds of the birds in the trees and the way the light filtered through the leaves and made pretty patterns on the forest floor. Today had been going well. She managed to assist in settling a dispute between colony members and she had mentioned to Glacio that they ought to discuss current matters of the colony, something the pale blue leopard was quite adept at. The main thing was all of these rogues joining their colony. Such a surprise it had been when Glacio suddenly brought the ragtag group into their midst, but they were a friendly bunch and the colony needed new blood. She was happy they came.

Today was sure to be a fine day, she thought. She would enjoy this break while she had it.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Before Bayi had left her family she had found out from her mom where her father had lived. According to her mom, her father was a purple leopard who lived in a forest-based colony by a great big open meadow. It wasn't a tone to go one but Bayi felt pretty confident that she had found the forest her mother had told her about.

A small sense of pride washed over the purple hybrid, although she didn't care for her family she had gained some skills from them. Now that she was here though she was unsure what to do. She didn't think a hybrid like her marching into a colony of leopards would go over well. She pulled herself up on a boulder in the meadow while she studied the forest. She kind of hoped someone would come out and she would be able to ask them questions to find out more about her father.

belloblossom

nessiaing

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:52 pm
Jamidi hadn't really meant to pass by the edges of the forest, where trees met meadow, but her paws had taken her that way while her head was on other things. Glancing up in surprise when a breeze carrying the scent of the meadow, she blinked. How had she come to be here?

She was looking out to the meadow now, slowly emerging from the trees when she spotted a familiar looking pelt from afar? Deker? What was her father doing out here? Coming from the trees, she approached her father with perked ears.

"Deker?" She asked as she came within speaking distance. She had long since stopped calling him father. "What're you--" She stopped short of the boulder and froze. Though there were definite similarities between her father and the one before her they were not the same leopard. In fact, Jamidi realized, this wasn't a leopard at all. It was one of those hybrid leopons she'd heard of once or twice.

"Who're you?" She asked tentatively, straightening up and digging her claws into the ground. Her colony may not be on good terms with lions, but that didn't mean she had to be unnecessarily aggressive towards this stranger. Especially, Jamidi thought with some dread, when it was unarguable that she bore definite resemblance to her own father.

Please don't let this be as I suspect. She thought to any gods who were listening. Please just let this be coincidence.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 am
Bayi froze when a leopard appeared from out of the tree line.
Bayi came from an overly aggressive and strategic family but it wasn't really her way of being to jump onto the offensive. She studied he leopard and tried to gauge who she might be, was it possible that she came from the colony her father belonged to?

"My name is Bayi." she answered softly when the other demanded to know who she was. Despite her harsh family, Bayi had been given a gentle name. "I came looking for someone, a leopard." she admitted. She wasn't willing to give up all the details yet, "I didn't mean to intrude or bother you." she assured the spotted female.

belloblossom

nessiaing

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 pm
Jamidi blinked at the other who introduced herself as Bayi.
She seemed decent enough, she supposed, though the lurking suspicions in the back of her mind remained and with it so did her unease. Upon hearing that this Bayi was looking for a leopard, she stiffened slightly.

She was not a fighter, she thought and looking up at the other, she realized that she would not be able to chase her off, even with the threat of the colony's protection looming. Still, would she want to chase her off, if by chance, they wanted the same answers concerning Deker?

"Well... You are standing near the borders of a leopard colony. We do not usually allow non-leopards into our borders, but perhaps if you give me a description of the leopard you seek, I might be able to tell you if one such sort lives with us?" She suggested. "Or if you have a name of this leopard,
that may be quicker, too.
" She prompted, perking her ears at the other.

Would this lead to the answers she wished to know at least? Or would the other refuse to answer her? Only time would tell, but either way, Jamidi wished that it ended well, one way or another.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 pm
The leopon really wasn't sure what to make of the other female. She could tell that the other one didn't trust her, Bayi just wasn't sure of why. Was it simply because she was an outsider, or was it because she was a non-leopard. She felt that if it was because of her non-leopard status the fact that she was part leopard and fathered by one of the members of the colony really should give her some bonus points.

"To be honest I don't know the leopard's name." she admitted hanging her head slightly, it was somewhat embarrassing to admit that her mother didn't even know the name of the male that sired her children. It was one thing to have never met her father, but to not even know his name was a whole other issue.

"I am told I look a great deal like him though, the leopard I seek is my father. My mother said of all my siblings I am the one that looks the most like him. My pelt is very similar to his." she told the female hoping that there weren't too many purple leopards in the colony.

belloblossom

nessiaing

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 pm
Jamidi listened with intensity, but when the leopon revealed that her father was one that looked much like herself, she let out a weary sigh.

"I suspect the leopard male you are looking for is one such called Deker.
Indeed I mistook you for him when I first saw you.
" She relented. She let her head hang as she processed this information, before coming to a decision.
"If Deker is indeed your father, then I think it is best for all of us if you meet him. I shall show you into the colony's lands." She turned back towards the trees. "My fellow colony members will be wary of you, please do not take great offense in this. We have had poor dealings with lions in the past and to hear that one of our own..." She could not bring herself to say it. "At any rate, you will follow me now." She told the other and started walking towards the territory borders once more.

"You said your name was Bayi, right?" She said, forcing a more conversational tone as the grim reality of the situation settled in. She could not let what Deker had done stand, but... "I suppose we ought to be more friendly, I hope you'll excuse my defensive behavior earlier." A half-smile,
though her caution was evident. "After all, if Deker is your father, then we shall be sisters, if only through him." She remarked, surprising herself with her casual tones, when she felt anything but, especially as they walked into the forest.

nessiaing

[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff