Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[PRP] Life's not so bad (Inkedama x Ezino)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 am
The tiny cub scampered around finally getting a feel of the lands more. While they did move often to accommodate the herds patterns she still felt like she was finally at home.

Pale eyes glanced around as she saw a small rock formation that stood maybe 3 cub heights taller than herself. That would be a perfect place for her to scout from! She was hoping to get a vulture one day and become a Cinga.

She had heard so many interesting tales about them and from the one she had met in the pride and she wanted to learn more.

Bounding up the small group of rocks she stood proudly at the top, a smile plastered to her face as she looked around.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:34 pm
Even though it was harder adjusting to the pride's new migration, Ezino didn't have it in her to complain. She knew that despite the occasional aching paws, she was fine; only hurting this way because they had stayed in one place for so long. On top of that, the drought had been hard on them all. It only made sense that they might be slower to recover from various injuries and ails. The muddy-coated lioness helped her sisters wherever she could, but on the whole, they did not seem to need it. This made Ezino happier than she knew how to say. Mixed with the new blood that had come in after the whole, painful business of the drought was over, their pride - her pride - seemed to be growing and doing so much better than before.

None of that even touched on her personal favorite addition to the pride: the cubs. Now that everyone was eating properly and healing from their wounds, it seemed that they had remembered how to be comfortable again. And with comfort came families! The beginnings of dozens of new beginnings, dashing around the pride, crying out in adorable little voices. Ezino loved being around them, watching over them. She adored seeing to the needs of their mothers, tending to the strain and stress that bearing the little darlings could bring. And then - and this was her favorite part - she loved watching them afterward, all awash in the afterglow of motherhood. (cont.)
A slow, easy smile rolled over the lioness' face just thinking about it. The urge to check in on the pride's mothers again welled in her, and she had to laugh at herself. It was a quiet kind of chuckle, sweet and rueful. She'd just been there with them! The whole reason she was out walking along the edge of the pride's new stomping ground was because no one needed her - well, that and putting some strength back into sore paws. She wasn't the only one out exploring, though: Ezino would know the scampering of a little one anywhere. The gentle female couldn't help her smile widening as she came up behind the little scout. "Be careful," she warned softly. Goodness, but the cub was so cute, mounted on her little perch!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:34 pm
A voice caused her to steal away from her thoughts and she turned to look at who had spoken and her gaze fell upon a lovely brown lioness. "I will be care full." Slowly moving down the rock face she was standing on she looked at the female curiously. "I'm Inkedama, what is your name?" Finally on the ground she moved closer to the adult, she hadn't seen her yet but she hadn't met too many of the pride members yet.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 pm
Such a dear! Ezino's heart warmed to hear the little one take her admonition to heart. As the cub moved closer - Ezino's eyes never leaving her as she picked her way down along the stone - she would find her head equal to the lioness' all the way down. It was darn near second nature for the motherly creature to lower herself to the level of the cub. By the time they were both on the ground, Ezino was stretched out along the earth, the dusty markings of her pelt all but an extension of the land around them. Her paws were folded neatly inward, instinctually making the lioness a bundle of harmless, soft curves, smiles and welcoming eyes.

"What a lovely name, Inkedama." Her warm, slow drawl could have been an extension of that disarming image - but for many adults, the slower speech was off-putting. "I am Ezinothuzi, and I am so happy to meet you." Cubs tended to be more hit or miss, and that was admittedly one of the things Ezino liked most about them. It seemed easier for the sweetly young to accept that the way she spoke simply was. No need to fix it.

"What were you doing atop the rocks, there?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 pm
Ink beamed, she'd nevr been told her name was lovely before. "Thank you, It's nice to met you Ezzy." The females name was a little too long for her to pickup quite yet so Ezzy it was, for now at least. "I was just looking around and pretending I was a great huntress scouting for herd beasts." Her imagination was a little wild at times but overall the cub was completely loveable.

"It's kind of lonely playing by yourself though." She frowned and looked at her paws, it was true. She was alone without any family but the pride was her family so she really wasn't THAT alone. But still. "Perhaps you can play with me?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:01 pm
A look of surprise blanked the lioness' features for a moment. Ezzy? Had anyone ever called her that before? Her eyes half-closed, warm chuckles rolling up from her chest at the idea. No, she was quite sure they had not! And what a shame that was, because she liked it!

"A great huntress, hm?" Ezino echoed, once her humor had subsided. She favored the cub with a wink of one rosy eye. "Well, great huntresses certainly don't go out hunting alone, do they? That is dangerous." While the twinkle in her gaze suggested that playtime between them would be anything but, the older female was no stranger to cub hood games. "So tell me, lead huntress. Where should we look for the herds?" Nor was she blind to the 'seriousness' that they could be taken in.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:01 pm
The cub couldn't help but smile up at the adult with a twinkle in her eyes. "No they do not. That's dangerous." She could only imagine the terrors that might happen if one was cornered by a crowd of angry herdbeasts. "Probably near some water or some tall grass?" She said saying it more as a question than an actual statement. She was still young so she was learning, but if she was a prey animal she'd want to be near food and water.

Or had she wanted her to show her, it's not like they were actually hunting right now. It had all been pretend.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm
Pretend could be used for more than fun. Ezino nodded approval at Ink's response, eager to take advantage of what she saw as a perfectly teachable moment. "Very good, yes," 'Ezzy' replied. "We look for those who stray away from the herd in both of those places. They are comfortable when eating and drinking, just like we are." The lioness chuckled, turning her head momentarily back in the direction of the rest of the pride, where her sisters and the abaholi rested. Her expression was peaceful, soft and pleased as she ever was with their home.

"Do you want to be a hunter when you grow up?" Games were sometimes rooted in truth too, after all. And the lioness was curious - some desired to be omama, so it wouldn't surprise her to find one who wanted to become enkulu as well.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm
When the female praised her she beamed in delight. "It makes them easier to catch when they're alone right?" It made sense, when they were all together there was a greater danger of them being injured but when they split off it opened up a variety of opportunities.

"That or an Umama." Since the pride seemed to have plenty of hunters as it was. She wanted to help care for cubs like the lionesses were doing for her since she didn't have a family. "What did you want to be when you were small?" She looked towards the sky and wondered how late it was getting but her stomach began to growl in a rather loud and obvious way. "I guess I'm hungry." Giving a small laugh it was time to head back.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:12 am
The cub's smile earned a matching one from Ezino. What a bright young lady she was! "That is exactly it," she assured in her slow way. "Without family, they are defenseless. So are we - but you do not need to worry about that." Both ears flicked forward before the lioness smiled, gesturing Inkedama closer with a flick of her paw. "We are all your family." That was something she definitely wanted to make sure that all the pride's cubs understood. They were loved, and they were never alone. Ezino took comfort in knowing that many of her sisters would take the role of aunts and mothers too, whenever the need arose - and cubs like Ink would grow up to become pride-sisters in turn.

Something that the little one understood, judging by her choices. "I am sure you will make a masterful kill one day - or inspire your sisters to do so." She smiled. "I have always wanted to do just that. Here, I can support all of my pride-sisters, just like you." Her eyes crinkled at the corners, quickly filling with unspent laughter. She couldn't help being amused: Ink's snarling stomach reminded her of the attention span of young ones, too. "That includes feeding them when they are hungry. Come. Let us return to the others." Shaking out the dull ache of standing still for so long, Ezino turned back the way she had come. A kind glance was given to the cub from the corner of her eye, making sure that she was following close behind.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:13 am
It was true, they were all family.

Thrilled to have such a lioness with her now she headed back towards the main group.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games