Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm
The tan and brown female was very uncertain about this desert climate. She had been abandoned, left without words of wisdom or nothing. She hated whoever her parents were and was glad she'd never know them. Besides she had a new mother(s) now and was quite content with her life in this new pride.

Sorta.

She was lonely though and hoped she'd make a few friends at least. She was rather down in the dumps you could say at the moment and she curled herself up tight by a tree that offered some protection. There were adults not too far away so she was safe, but she still felt a little like an outcast regardless of things.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 pm
The golden lioness swept a quick look across her surroundings. She could find neither her sister, Tàpá, or any of their friends at the moment. Perhaps they had gone off on a hunt together, or maybe they were off discussing something else. Iyõ was not offended though, the others were free to do as they pleased, and she was capable of entertaining herself.

Her green eyes fell on the tan cub, bundled up against the base of on of the few trees to be found in their current settlement. Iyõ did not recognise her, nor could she place her coat to any of the current males or the many females of the pride. She concluded that she had no blood ties to the pride. It was not uncommon for the pride to take pity on abandoned cubs, though Iyõ had never had much to do with them. They integrated quite well with the pride's collective raising and often had others their age to interact with, though this one seemed to be choosing otherwise.

Iyõ hadn't wasn't one to interact with cubs often. Perhaps it was a lingering trait from her days before she'd come to the Bonelands, and long ago those days were, that a cub was raised best by it's own birth parents. That was not the way things were done here though. She was also unsure of them in general. Cubs could be unpredictable. She liked the more reasoned and thought-out interactions garnered from being with other grown lions.

Still, the cub was on it's own, and it's expression, as far as she could tell, was not one of content.

Iyõ slowly walked over to investigate.

"Are you alright?" she asked, slightly reserved, not entirely sure she should be disturbing the young cub.

AstoriaFallen

Vesale

King Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 am
Vesale

A voice distracted her from her somber thoughts and she lifted her head, blinking pale eyes as she peered at the golden lioness. She was pretty, like sunshine. It made her smile a little bit, even though it faded quickly.

"...I guess I am?" She wasn't hurt or anything she was just emotionally upset. She really wasn't sure how to answer her so figured that was as good of an answer as any.

She uncurled and stood up, shaking the dust from her light colored pelt, and looked at her for a moment. "I'm Inkedama, what is your name?" She could at least be nice and talk to her a little bit, while she was in an upset mood didn't mean she couldn't get to meet the other pide members that were going to be her family.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 am
AstoriaFallen

The cubs answer was unsure, which made Iyõ think that maybe the young lioness was not entirely telling the truth. That also made Iyõ uncomfortable. What was she to do now? She left the raising of the cubs to the other lionesses, choosing herself to have minimal engagement. It wasn't that she didn't like cubs. She'd thought of having a litter of her own one day. It's just she wasn't sure what to do around them. Their fragile, impressionable, energetic little bodies were a mystery to her that she hadn't quite unravelled yet.

"Welcome, Inkedama," she said. She was sure there had been a formal welcoming of some kind for the cub, but it felt like the right thing to say. Iyõ acknowledged she was born of the pride, but was now a part of it.

"My name is Iyõ," she replied. Now what. The lioness wasn't quite sure what to do.

"Are you sure you're fine?" she asked again. The way the cub spoke made Iyõ think otherwise.  

Vesale

King Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:19 am
Vesale

Iyo, that was a pretty name, not only that it was easy for her to remember and that made her smile. Things were starting to look up, even if only slightly. "I like your name." It was a simple statement but it was true.

At least she seemed nice, so that made her loosen up a little more. She was still a little uncertain of the pride as a whole but she probably just needed to give it a chance.

"I guess so... I'm just.. I don't know how I feel since my parents abandoned me here." She said matter of fact to her with a small frown. She didn't really want to think about it too much.

"Do you have a vulture? I hear there are some in the pride that have one." She figured changing the subject might help.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm
AstoriaFallen

Iyõ hadn't given much thought to her name, it was just what it was. Still, it was nice to know that others found it a good fit.

"Thank you," she said simply.

The cub was not so bad, she decided, if not a little reserved. But she supposed she would be too, if she was in a new place.

The lioness's heart skipped a beat when she heard that Inkedama had been abandoned by her mother. A cruel start to life for the innocent cub. She wondered what circumstances may have caused the mother to do such a thing. At least, Iyõ reasoned, she had left them in the capable hands of the Pride, and not to the many threats of the rogue lands.

"It make take time to adjust, but we will become your new family," she said in an attempt to reassure her.

Iyõ had felt that way too, when she'd joined, but over time things changed.

The sudden change of direction in conversation caught her off guard.

"Err... no," she said flatly. She had not given much thought to the birds, she enjoyed the companionship of the other females, she was ambivalent towards the birds.

"Some have them yes, but not all," she told her.

"Do you want one of your own?" she asked, curious as to why Inkedama had changed tact.  

Vesale

King Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 am
Vesale

"You're welcome" She replied as she looked around at some of the other faces that were in the distance. There was a number of lions in the pride and she never grew tired of watching them.

As the female spoke she gave a small nod of her head, it was true it would just take time and so far none of the members of this pride had been mean or cruel to her. They had been very welcoming and warming.

She should just be happy with how things turned out for her.

"Oh yes, I do want one. I think they're so fascinating and you have someone to converse with all the time that won't ever leave you." Maybe she had separation issues, she didn't know but the fact the vulture would be bonded to her for life was appealing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 am
Iyõ was not sure how she might help the cub find a vulture chick of her own. It had been some time since there was a hatching last.

"They do seem to make good companions," she agreed.

Iyõ watched the young cub for a moment. She was sad, she could tell that, but she also seemed resilient, hopeful. Iyõ admired the youth for bouncing right back. It was astonishing really, how although this cub had initially been dealt a very tough lot in life, things had found a way around and the cub had made it through almost completely unscarred.

She did wonder if the vulture was an attempt to have something that would never leave her, but now that she had the pride, she doubted that the young cub would be alone ever again, unless she chose to leave.

"Perhaps you will bond with one, some day," Iyõ said to the cub.  

Vesale

King Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:17 pm
Vesale

"Plus they never leave you!" She added, though she hadn't meant it to be an insult about her parents having left her, but there it was. She was a little bitter, who could blame her.

It was like the female had read her thoughts and thought along the lines of where she had been going with it, not that she had meant to really do that but such was the mind of the little cub. "Maybe one day." Her voice trailed off.

Finding a dead twig she pounced on it, chewing on it's dry limbs before spitting it out, bored with it already. "Do you have any family here?" She asked her curiously, wondering if she had any cubs of her own or even adult siblings.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 am
AstoriaFallen
Can wrap on the next post mebeh?

Iyõ nodded. That was true. Once bonded with a Vulture, the pair were never parted. She hoped that the young cub would one day get her wish. It would be good for her to have a constant companion it seemed.

Iyõ watched the young cubs attention quickly turn to the twig. Cubs were so interesting and unpredictable, you never quite knew what to expect. Perhaps they were not so daunting after all.

"My sister is here, Tapa, though I'm not sure where she is this morning," Iyõ told the cub.

"No cubs of my own," she added, though she wasn't sure why. Did she want cubs now? Maybe she did. She was a bit puzzled by her own thoughts.

"Come," she said to Inkedama, "Let's go see if I can find my sister, I'll introduce you."

Iyõ thought it would be a good idea to have another friendly face in the cubs life.  

Vesale

King Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:13 am
"Okay!" She said and followed a long after her.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games