Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven
[PRP] Hello World (Selflessness x Friendship)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am
User ImageLife had a set order of things, generally. You were born, you grew and learned, and then you died. Rarely did things like this happen where someone seemingly blinked into existence. That wasn't how it actually happened, of course. The old god of Selflessness had passed on their domain to a soul who had exhibited what they lived for perfectly and, in keeping with what they ruled over, selflessly gave the position to one Ufisadi.

Grey eyes snapped open once more, but they were no longer the windows to the same lion. The same soul, yes, but memories, relations, everything from his mortal life was gone and replaced with...nothing. The god stood on a snowy plain among the mountains, staring forward with is mouth slightly agape. Where was he? Who was he? How did he come to be here? There were things his mind slowly told him, that he was a god, that he could fly and teleport if he so wished, but the why never came.

The large lion looked around hesitantly, finding he was fairly alone aside from the snow and rocky cliffs. "Hello?" he called out, unsure if someone was waiting for him to speak.

Krysin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She saw him, a poor creature alone in the snow, and her heart bled. The god looked so out of place despite being in a land full of gods, that there was no denying he was a new soul to this realm. How he came to be, she did not know, nor did it truly matter. Somo simply saw someone in need, and something pulled at her heart and commanded her to help. Whatever plans she had for her day were cast aside, and she approached the god slowly.

Now would not be the time to startle him - there were gods who were not kind in nature, and she did not know the extent of who he was. All she saw was someone who had called out helplessly into the snowy mountainside for help. "Hello," she greeted him gently as she appeared out from behind a rock crevice. Her eyes were warm and soft, her posture sweet and gentle. She radiated nothing but kindness, and she hoped she could put him at ease.

"I am Somo, the goddess of friendship. Do I mind if I ask who you are?" She had to wonder if he even knew. The poor thing looked awfully out of place. Somo did not expect him to know much.

SilverLutz

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am
A voice responded almost instantly and the new god turned quickly, his fluffy mane settling perfectly into place as if by magic. His head felt a bit heavier than it should be and he wondered why, but that would be something to figure out later. For now a beautiful lioness had emerged, a splash of color and life against the otherwise dreary landscape. His eyes widened in surprise as she continued to speak, giving her name and her domain. Something sparked within him, his godly presence helping to fill in blanks he didn't know he had.

"Anhunanol," he said softly, giving his own name even though he hadn't known it until this very moment. It rolled off his tongue as if practiced for eons, and perhaps it was. He knew nothing of the god or goddess that came before him, but perhaps the god of this domain shared the same name.

"God of selflessness," he added, giving a little bob of his head towards Somo. "I...think." It seemed right to say that even though he hadn't known it before he had been asked, but now that he said it a sense of rightness settled over him. Anhunanol, god of selflessness.

"Is this...the realm of the gods?" he asked slowly, looking around again.

Krysin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm
She inclined her head towards Anhunanol, giving him the time he needed to figure out who he was now. Somo was not accustomed to meeting new gods - their kind tended to stick around for so long that it was a rare treasure to see a new one coming into being. It was also a signal of loss. An old god had given up their domain, and had either perished or chosen to live the rest of their lives out as mortal. It was a sad truth, that with a birth of a new god an old one must relinquish their domain.

Selflessness - she had met the old god only in passing, but it was enough to know him and mourn that loss. She sighed, steadying her breath before her eyes rose to meet his gaze again. What was gone was gone, and she could not bring the old god back. Instead she had to tend to the new god in front of her, who clearly needed a little guidance now. "You are correct," she told him with a sweet smile.

"If the name sounds right, and the domain feels right, it is most likely right," she continued. "I guess I will be the first to formally introduce you to the realm of the gods. In time you will grow accustomed to the changes you feel now. A lot of our kind are here, but some do wander down to the mortal lands. I advise you get a proper feel... for yourself before you stray so far away this mountainside."

She didn't want to be all doom and gloom, but he needed to be properly warned. "Mortals can be cruel, and it is not unheard of for them to harm gods. So please, stay here for a while, get comfortable. I can show you around if you would like."

SilverLutz

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:13 am
Anhunanol gave a little nod as Somo reassured him that what he had said was probably right. It seemed that there was no other way to know. There was no one here to tell him exactly who or what he was, and yet he somehow could tell deep down in his bones. It felt right the longer after he had said it and he shifted his stance just a little, gaining a bit of confidence.

He listened intently as she spoke, curious about the mortal lands already. They sounded dangerous but, as with most gods, there was that draw to the mortals that had thought and prayed and worshiped them into being. It was hard to deny such an ingrained instinct. But her cautious words left him shivering slightly, knowing of what she spoke of. Mortals, while inferior in terms of power, size, and strength were certainly not lacking in intelligence, number, or hate.

"I think that's a good idea," he agreed. Even though it was a bit desolate here he wouldn't mind spending his time among the rocks and snow, getting to learn himself and the other gods a bit.

"That would be wonderful." A look of thankfulness blossomed over Anhunanol's face, his worried frown giving way to the more relaxed expression.

Krysin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 pm
"I'm glad you agree," Somo replied, relieved that the god would take her advice. She had heard of many ill things befalling gods who went down to the mortal realm. Somo had never been there herself, so she could not personally vouch for whether it was a safe haven for gods or a place more inclined towards chaos. The blush-colored goddess was mature, and even in her age had never wandered down to the mortal realm. It held no sway over her yet, though she knew many to be entranced by it.

"Follow me, then. I'll at least walk you around until you feel comfortable in your surroundings." Somo was not the type to leave anyone who looked lost or sad alone. She had a bit of a bleeding heart for broken things, and while Selflessness was not exactly broken, he was new to the world. He had so many things to learn before he would be ready to tackle it in its entirety.

"A lot of the gods here are nice," she told him as she led the way higher up the mountain. She could fly, but it was better to take things slowly. Walking suited her just fine, and it gave them plenty of opportunity to talk. "For the most part, you can tell which gods are welcoming just from our appearance. A lot of us sort of... wear our domains. We embody them to the fullest of our abilities, though you'll find a few oddballs here and there."

If he had any questions for her, she would hear them. Somo was here to help him, and she was determined to be of assistance to the new god.

SilverLutz

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 am
Anhunanol bobbed his head in thanks before stepping after the goddess, glad he had run into someone so kind and friendly. Had it been a different god he was sure he'd either be left here or mocked or worse, attacked. Anhunanol wasn't sure there was a violent bone in his body and would surely lay down and take whatever beating was dished out to him. Somo wasn't the type to do that, though, and he was incredibly glad for it.

"Yes...I think it's hard to look like an abstract concept, although you do look very friendly," he said, giving her a small smile. He hadn't really seen himself yet but from how his paws and mane looked he wasn't sure how selfless he appeared. There was a silver necklace around his neck with what looked to be a heart, so that was good advertising. At least he didn't look scary, he supposed.

"How long have you been...you?" he asked after a few moments. Clearly someone had been Selflessness before him, but he had only just begun.

Krysin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 am
She looked back at him, amused. "Well, I certainly hope that I come off that way. I would be a shame to my domain if otherwise." Friendship was a hard domain to physical embody, but she didn't have to look like it. She just had to be. Her kind demeanor, her loyalty to the friends, and all the love in her heart that she had to give proved that Somo herself was the very essence of her domain.

Somo stepped up to a steep, slippery slope. The path was barely wide enough to let one god pass at a time, let alone two. She led the way, expecting Anhunanol to be right behind her. No mortals would have made it this far up the mountain, but that did not mean it stopped being treacherous for them. For a god with access to flight, this was nothing.

At his question, she paused, trying to think back over all the years to find herself in those very first moments of being. "A... long time. I, like you, have no recollection of a before. One day I just was. It was so long ago that I struggle to remember it. The years blur together when there are just so many of them."

SilverLutz

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 am
Anhunanol gave a soft smile at her reply, bobbing his head in agreement. Although some domains were surely easy to capture - ice, fire, darkness, light - others like theirs were feelings and emotions, not physical things that could be touched. He supposed he was thankful he didn't walk around leaving trails of sand or with boulders for paws. That would probably be rather uncomfortable.

He followed Somo up the trail, his tail leaving a little trail of its own in the light snow as he followed her paw prints. Something within him told him walking wasn't needed, but for now he let it be. There were many things he was sure he was capable of that he had yet to discover, but all in due time.

Somo's words made him feel...heavy. Not in a sad way but in an ancient way. He might have just appeared but his domain had not, that was for certain. He wondered how many had come before him to bear this title. Many, he was sure.

"I'm glad I have someone with such experience here to help me, then," he said fondly. "Thank you, Somo."

Krysin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 am
"I will always be here," Somo promised. She was one of the few gods who hadn't left the haven, and perhaps she was one of the most inexperienced gods because of it. Her life was one of leisure. Never had she known pain nor sorrow within her long life. Her existence was a sheltered one, but she wouldn't have it any other way. She'd face the world when she was ready - she just wasn't ready yet. "If you ever have need of me, I am not hard to find." All she could do was dedicate herself to the other gods here.

She stopped close to the summit, her gaze lifted up towards the sky. The clouds were so thick that it was impossible to see through them, but there was comfort in knowing that all it took was a flight up to see what lied beyond those clouds. There were many things in the world that she did not yet know. She was ignorant to many things, but ignorance was bliss.

"You are welcome. I hope we can experience new things together," she told him kindly. Then, carried by her whims, she flew up into the air to explore the world she already knew so well.

SilverLutz

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas