Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 pm
User Image

The god of innocence had left the mists never to turn back. This was nothing personal to the pride as much as it was Van's way to get distracted and wander off. He had a very curious side to him which had the god fall out of the safety of the gods haven at a very young age when he was trying to fly with too small of wings. Early on he'd at least learned that it was best for a god such of him self to mask his appearance as a mortal and so he wouldn't call too much attention to him self. However, often Van would forget to disguise himself and roam around as a god any ways.

Today was not one of those forgetful days though. Today Van was being responsible and he was being very cautious. He hadn't come across any mortals or other beings but that didn't matter he knew that it was still a huge possibility that he might.

Van was not aware but he was being tracked by a lioness who intended to do harm to him. He'd never met this lioness but she had been tipped off by two very naive siblings who were out seeking the god them selves. She was still several days off of his trail but the gap was closing and Van was very much unware of this. He would never guess that his blood held value to others. Van didn't think much about that kind of stuff. The god of innocence was very much an in the moment type of god and if it didn't serve his purposes to know right now it didn't matter.

This was probably the wrong way to go about life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:03 pm
User Image

Tafari rarely spent much time in the mortal realm, but when he did, it was usually in the rogue lands. He avoided large groups as best he could, choosing to converse with individuals he came across. If they happened to be lionesses worth his while, he usually slept with them, stayed long enough to see them well off (though never long enough to see his cubs) and then left without another word.

He had recently left a lioness in the desert with his cubs. A feisty silver thing by the name of Kimya. Now, he roamed the rogue lands alone, but very alert to his surroundings. Who might he find today that was worth his while, he wondered. He had no qualms about walking around in his god form and in fact only had qualms about doing the opposite. So he wasn't surprised when he received looks from other creatures. If only one of them were not so shocked as to approach him for conversation. He was so dreadfully bored.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 pm
belloblossom

Something was close by and it didn't appear to be a normal sort of lion. Such an odd shape could only belong to that of a god. Van'kal was not frightened by other gods in the least and instead was eager to approach the other in his mortal form. He walked right up to the other god and pressed his paw to his back in a friendly tap of the shoulder gesture.

"Hey friend. What brings you out to these parts?" He looked up with his blue eyes shining with the type of innocence a cub may possess . There was an air of purity around Van that might not be among a mortal of his own age.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:31 pm
Tafari jumped at the sudden touch, but even when he spooked, he was still slow to react. He blamed this mostly on the fact that he was stone in some places. He may be used to it, but that didn't quite mean he was able to move as quickly as some of his kin, so to speak.

So, when he finally was able to move to see who had addressed him, he blinked his crimson eyes when he found a very fluffy god staring straight back at him.
"Excuse me?" He replied, tartly. "I-what?" Having gotten his bearings, he looked directly at the other god, who was looking at him with such a look of naivety that Tafari wasn't quite sure how to react.

"I'm just wandering about." He replied finally before asking, somewhat tentatively. "Have you claimed this area as your own?" Some gods were the centers of prides and were territorial. He didn't think something this soft looking could possibly match that description, but then again looks could be deceiving.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 pm
belloblossom

"Why would I want to claim these parts?" There was a bratty tone in the way Van said that like a spoiled child. Van hadn't meant to sound that way but as a rule the god of innocence was greatly unaware of a lot of his behaviors.

"Nah.. I saw you and wanted to see what you were up to. It's been a while since I've seen a god I must say. " He laughed as if it was funny, "I'm traveling actually and I am not really sure to where... I do enjoy seeing everything down here though," Van looked dreamily off in to the distance, "There is so much life and more life after that and even more life. Everything seems to have its place and I guess its kind of neat. More to discover." He was rambling and didn't seem to care that he was. What was more likely was that Van wasn't even aware he was rambling.

"So, fellow god of GODS knows what, why you down here and if you're on an adventure," Van's eyes widened, "Can I come?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:10 pm
Tafari scoffed, the closest he'd usually get to actually laughing.
"Why indeed?" He replied to the other. "Honestly, some gods like nothing more than to act like mere mortals, claiming territory and fighting alongside them. If you ask me, that's just weakness." He looked at the other with appraisal in his eyes. "But you, for all your looks, don't seem the weak sort." He said slowly.

When he was asked if he would be joined in company by the other, he finally nodded.
"I'm not sure about what the purpose of my adventure is, but it's not too terribly boring to have a look around for what comes up." He remarked casually. "Now, suppose we take off in a direction somewhere and you can tell me your name and domain?" He suggested to the other.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm
belloblossom

There was a nervous laugh from Van, "RIGHT some lions huh?" He wasn't about to admit that he'd left a pride to be on his own but hadn't minded any of his time with the mortals. He needed to impress this other god after all and show him his godly worth and if this god didn't like mortals Van didn't see the problem in playing along.

"Yeaaah mortals are so dumb that uh... one time .. I saw one and the mortal was like ... dead." Van let out a forced uneasy laugh, "Stupid mortal stuff yeah."

Van's ears perked at being asked his domain.

"Innomonocents." He made a face and stuck his tongue out glaring at it. For some reason he had a hard time saying that damn word. "Innocents!" He closed his eye and pretty much yelled it but he got it right. " GOD of in-NO-cents at your service," He bowed, "What's your domain?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Tafari snorted at the other god's enthusiasm and nodded his approval.
"Exactly. I've long since stopped trying to reason with them about the matter. If they're just going to die off in a pawful of seasons anyway, there's really no point in them trying to be anything at all. All the strife they go through-meaningless." He snorted. "Then again, strife in general is meaningless, yet we gods seem to face it on a semi-regular basis. Not me, though. I'm good at keeping my paws out of such matters. I advise you to do the same." He remarked as he walked.

When the matter of domains came up, he inclined his head to the other.
"Innocence?" He echoed. "I suppose I should have guessed." He smiled a little and then picked up his stone paw. "Surprise, surprise, I'm the god of petrification. My name is Tafari."

"So, what sort of life as the God of Innocence managed to lead? I turn things to stone, but what is your goal here in the mortal realm?" He inquired.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:01 pm
belloblossom

"Yeaaaah mortals sure are dumb... for dying," Van was doing his best to sound excited about that but there was a small tinge in his heart from lying. Van ignored said tinge. The other god offered up his domain but Van wasn't about to try to pronounce it. He merely nodded .

"Tafari is a nice name."

Van was being asked about his life and he wasn't quite sure how to answer. After all he wanted to impress this other god and if he knew that he'd frolicked with mortals in a pride maybe his god cred would be meaningless. This was a tough one.

"I feel off the mountain," Was true and a good opener. Van was pleased with his choice in topic. "My wings weren't strong enough but I wanted to fly so I jumped and fell and got separated from my family and twin and been down here since I was a godling..." He shrugged. "Not much of a purpose other than exploring and doing as I please now."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm
Tafari shrugged.
"The point of the existence of mortals is to die, there's no helping it, I suppose." He replied. "Probably to even out we gods not dying." Another shrug. "I know better than to question things too deeply." He finished.

As they walked ever onwards, Tafari perked his ears to listen to the other and then paused.
"You fell off the haven?" Thank goodness that gods were immortal, otherwise this childish god surely would have perished. Yet, there was something amiss with this story. "Look... you... er," The god traveling with him still had yet to give him his name, so Tafari prompted him again. "What was your name again?" and then went on. "Look at my wings. They don't seem rather likely to fly, do they? Yet, I can easily enough. So how could it be that you are unable to simply return to the haven? Though, I suppose it could be for lack of wanting... it is very cold and miserable there." He relented.

It could very likely be that he just didn't have the first idea of young gods, having only appeared one day how he was. Such an odd notion, gods and goddesses reproducing like mortals. Odd indeed.

"Well, at any rate, whether you go back or not, you're welcome to walk with me so long as you keep up. I won't mother you." Though even as he said it, Tafari had a suspicion that he would for as long as he and this strange child-god were traveling with one another.

Alpaca Chobi
You ought to be finished with your next post!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm
belloblossom
last post from me ~ We can be fin

Van listened and nodded to the bigger god as he talked. Deep down he knew it was wrong to look down at mortals for having the fault of dying but hew wanted to fit in so badly and he had a hard time knowing just how to do that with other gods some times.

"Names Van'Kal but feel free to call me just Van. That's shorter and sounds better. Easier to say," He shrugged.

Van didn't want to talk about falling off the mountain or his wings. He instead opted to stay silent and listen keeping his excuses to himself. It was possible that Tafari was right and Van didn't have enough in his knowledge reserves on flight to debate the other god. He was content to sit there and not talk about his child hood. There were some painful memories there that were fragmented. No matter how much he tried to remember exact details something only kept them vague fragments. It was probable that his power of innocence kept him from remembering to much trauma. Falling off a mountain sized trauma.

"Well of course I'll join you. And I'd have questions if you tried to mother me." He looked up at Tafari with a sassy expression.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games