Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm
User Image

Adaeze wasn't quite what you would call a solitary cheetah,
since she had to practically cubsit her long-time companion, Ginga. He was so relaxed that he never had any notion to the danger he'd nearly walked the two of them into time and time again. She worried for her friend, for friends they certainly were, but he could be such a pawful sometimes, that she occasionally gave him the slip and left him somewhere she could easily find him again.

He never went far, after all and it gave Adaeze the much needed time to relax and be herself. It was hard to do that with the brightly colored lion constantly nagging at her, or to have constantly worry after him and what he was up to.

She still worried when they were apart, but she knew that he wouldn't stray too far without her and that kept most of her anxieties for the lion at bay.

That morning she had crept away from her partner who was slumbering away beneath a tree trunk. He hadn't stirred when she rose and she slunk off on quiet paws to ensure that he wouldn't wake until she was gone. As usual,
she chose to enjoy the rising sun and track the nearest gazelle herd, what with that being the easiest beasts for her to kill. She enjoyed her morning walks, certainly, without someone chattering in her ear like a monkey. Yet,
the thrill of hunting solo was easily the best part of when she sneaked off.

So, sporting keen eyes and an excitable grin, Adaeze stalked through the tall grasses of the savanna rogue lands. Bright orange eyes focused on a gazelle which lingered by the edges of its herd as she proceeded forward still.

AgeofTwilight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm
User Image

Realta was calmly resting under a tree on a hill overlooking a Savanna, but was awoken by the sound of a herd of gazelle grazing. Realta shifted onto her stomach, rubbed her eyes, and got ready to move in. She was fairly hungry, seeing how she hasn't eaten in a day, and so just about anything would do for the time being, lucky for her, there were gazelle not too far from her. Sneaking down the hill, she noticed one gazelle in particular a bit separated from the main bulk of the herd. This unfortunate gazelle, became her target. Sneaking down the hill, crouched low to be covered by the tall grass, Realta made her way within pouncing distance of the gazelle. Waiting for the right time to strike, Realta sat patiently to plan out her next move.

belloblossom

AgeofTwilight

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:23 pm
Adaeze almost panicked when she scented the scent of another cheetah from upwind of her. Was the other feline tracking her herd? Maybe even the same gazelle she was targeting? She breathed to calm herself down, but then sprang forward. She focused on the gazelle and became a streak of pale blue, a comet in broad daylight. She didn't see her opponent, her gaze focused intently on the gazelle that had a slight limp and the herd members that were running from the swift hunter.

She stretched her claws forward towards the legs of the gazelle, narrowly avoiding being kicked and hooked her claws into its ankle, tripping it and bringing it down. She was on it in seconds, her jaws closing around its frail neck and when it fell still, she looked up, suddenly cautious. Was her opponent gone, chasing after the retreating gazelle herd? Or would she have to defend her meal?

AgeofTwilight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:57 pm
Realta, who was still waiting patiently, noticed an unknown cheetah attack the same Gazelle that she had planned on taking down herself.
A bit annoyed, Realta stood up and slowly moved towards the other cheetah.
She looked down at the other cheetah, a bit perturbed that she lost her food until who knows when, and that she missed her chance to even go for the kill.
"That was my kill, what gave you the right to attack it?" Realta was clearly annoyed at the other cheetah. "I was here first, this was MY kill." Realta still furious glances in the direction the rest of the heard went, way too far for her to catch up and take one down efficiently, so she just sighed under her breath and turned back towards the other cheetah. "So, anyway, seeing how this is a pointless endeavor, who are you exactly? And what are you doing here?" Realta, who was about 20 feet away from the other cheetah, sits down, but doesn't drop her guard for a second as she waits for the mysterious cheetah to respond.

belloblossom

AgeofTwilight

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm
Adaeze's fur bristled at the sight of another cheetah and she bore her teeth at the other when she came close and spoke in angry tones. She hissed a warning, taking a step over the gazelle that she had killed.

"You had no more claim over this beast than I did. I just got to it first." She retorted. Who was this snobbish feline, acting like she was entitled to everything? Adaeze paused for a moment. Was the creature apart of a pride nearby? She hadn't scented any markers about, surely this female was just rude and condescending by nature. How irksome.

She watched with narrowed eyes as the bright and spotted cheetah stalked towards her and then sat down abruptly.
"Pointless, indeed." Adaeze replied, not moving from her spot until she could be certain that this female wouldn't approach any further. "And you can stop interrogating me like you are, just because you're sour about your lost kill. It's not like this is the only gazelle in the rogue lands." She replied hotly, before adding. "If you must know, my name is Adaeze and I'm...travelling." No need to think of Ginga, who was now newly settling into the Mwezi'johari. No need to think of how much his loss hurt her. No need to think of any of that and there was certainly no need to tell this princess any of her struggles.

"And what of you, hm? Not that I care." She added, for she didn't care to be friends with someone who was a resentful sort. At least the other wasn't trying to attack her... yet.

AgeofTwilight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 pm
Realta saw how ready-to-fight the other cheetah was, and decided it was best if she didn't move.

"Name's Realta, you could say I'm travelling as well. Although, I am not too sure what my destination is, or how long it will take to get there, but yes, you could say I am travelling." She observed the other cheetah, who calls themselves.. Adaeze. Not moving from her kill, Realta just gave up on the whole ordeal of the Gazelle. Adaeze was right after all, this won't be the last opportunity to eat. "Where are you from?" Realta inquired. She wanted to know about this mysterious cheetah, but at the same time, aware that these questions would possibly lead to the same questions being asked to her.

The sun had fully risen by this point, and Realta was able to see perfectly clear now. Adaeze, who was sprawled over the dead Gazelle, and the miles of tall grass around them.

Realta wasn't too keen on becoming friends right off the bat, nor was she ready to just walk away and go a stray of her 'path' sort of speak. "What happens now? Do we just go on our own ways and leave each other alone forever, or do you have something else in mind, huh? Staying where she was to not anger the other cheetah, she sat patiently as she waited to plan out her next plan of action.

belloblossom

AgeofTwilight

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:35 pm
Adaeze listened to what this cheetah had to say with a grain of salt. The other was named Realta, what an odd name, and she went on to inquire about things Adaeze didn't care to answer.

"You're awfully bold to be asking me questions you don't deserve the answer to, especially when only a few moments ago you were acting properly hostile and could have attacked!" She retorted. "If this is how you make friends, then I want nothing to do with you. I only associate with friendly felines, not those who mistakenly think that the world revolves around them!" She hissed and lowered herself to lay onto the front of the gazelle, glaring at her fellow cheetah.

"I don't care about what you do, so long as you don't mean to steal what is mine," She dug her claws into the corpse,"or endanger my life." She sniffed and then after making certain that the other would stay put for a while or at the very least not come any closer to her, Adaeze lowered her maw to the flesh that was growing cold underneath her and tore at it, beginning to feast upon it to fill her stomach, though aware that she still had a visitor. How tedious.

AgeofTwilight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 pm
"It's like you said, could of attacked. I didn't, didn't I, nor have I done anything to endanger you now have I? If anything you have been the only one to threaten so far, so if anything maybe think about being kinder yourself. You can clearly see I gave up on caring about the gazelle, nor do I have any intention on attacking you, cause trust me if I did, I would of done it already. And you're one to talk, thinking you're all that cause you were the one to get the kill? Sure that kill is yours but it doesn't entail to much. And you are continuously hostile, I haven't moved from here, and I am letting you eat, haven't I?" Realta was now quite angered by this cheetah's one-sided remarks. She wasn't too sure what to do. She didn't want to turn around and risk the cheetah attacking her from behind, nor did she want to walk towards the cheetah and risk being mauled. Taking this all into consideration, Realta just exhaled deeply, stood up, backed up a good 20 feet, then started to walk around the other cheetah. She planned to just leave this.. Adaeze alone, and continue on her journey. Realta never took her eyes off the feeding cheetah as she walked around her. She then stopped and turned around to face toward the back of the other cheetah.

"Then so be it. Have fun eating. If it's all the same to you, I'll take my leave. I am not too keen to keep conversing with you, nor do I care enough about you to stay here." Realta then started to walk again, going the direction she assumed to be the way the other cheetah came from.

belloblossom

AgeofTwilight

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 pm
Adaeze was absolutely appalled at the bratty nature of this cheetah. How dare she? How dare she act as though she knew everything there was to know? Swallowing the meat in her maw, she glowered at the other female.

"Good riddance!" She snapped at the other. "Go find someone else to bother and leave me be!" She ground her teeth together.

I hope she starves. She thought, among other vicious things that she dare not say aloud, but then she caught herself. She had never been this hostile around Ginga. Though she supposed that she never had the cause, since he did most of the talking to strangers and she was forced to go along with it. Without him at her side, was she really so bitter? She shrank away from the retreating figure of the other cheetah. It was good that Realta was leaving, she thought, for it was apparent that Adaeze couldn't stand to be around others so soon.

With Ginga gone, it had left some sort of wound in her and one that just hunting wouldn't fix. So, she curled around her fallen prey and continued to eat. She could mope over this all she wanted, but if she fell to hunger, she wouldn't get anything done. She had to take this one step at a time and for the time being she had to walk a lonely road until she was able to be friendly, or at least, friendlier, down her path.

AgeofTwilight
One more post from you and we can call this finished!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 am
Realta had known that Adaeze's demeanor and attitude was justified to start with, but just that she carried it with her the entire time Realta was there. Realta thought that maybe if the other cheetah had dropped the hostility then maybe they could of been friends. Although seeing how things turned out, it was probably in the best interest that that was, hopefully, their last confrontation with each other. Maybe sometime in the future if the circumstances were different they could of been friends. Realta thought upon this for a while, as she continued her journey. The day was quite hot, a bit too much for Realta's liking, but nonetheless she kept moving.

After a few miles of walking she had found something else to eat, though it wasn't much, and it helped satisfy her for the time being. Though with all this heat, and sweat, it made Realta fairly dehydrated. She had hoped that maybe she could find a nice watering hole or something to relax and take a load off.

Keeping everything in mind, and wishing the best for her not so friendly acquaintance, if she could even call them that, she continued her journey, and left the memory of Adaeze behind her.

belloblossom

AgeofTwilight

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces