Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Shadows in the night (Nott and Senka)(Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Senka Hjordis let out a contented sigh she was not a big fan of the heat of the day though she did a great deal of her hunting during the daytime, she still embraced the night. She looked up at the sky she loved the little twinkles up there they were beautiful. She laid down on a rock that still held the warmth of the sun in it. There she relaxed confident that there was no one to hide from right now. She planned to just enjoy her evening. Looking at the little twinkles in the sky. She didn't let herself be soft often but for now she thought it was alright.

She didn't think anyone else would happen along so late in the evening the other rouges surely had finished their hunts and retired to their caves for the night right? She sighed out again softly not really paying attention to anything which she normally wouldn't do, but in this case she felt she was safe enough to just be. The plains were peaceful at this hour the herds settled down for the night. Senka had already hunted and visited the watering hole that day so she was done with her daily activities. This was her time.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm
User Image

Nott let out a huff, scanning the horizon for his little rabbit friend. He wasn't sure where he'd gone, but when he found him, oh, the lion was going to give him a piece of his mind! It was almost nighttime, and rabbits were prime food for other lions. He was lucky Nott himself hadn't decided to just eat him.

But no, he knew he'd never do that. He owed the nuisance more than he could give.... No, that wasn't it. They were friends, just about the only one Nott had. (though if he kept calling him Toothless, all bets were off) Which was why he put up with these antics of taking off without protection, but that didn't mean he had to like it.

Nott sighed and kept walking, sniffing at the ground in the hopes of picking up a scent.... and while he didn't pick up the rabbit's scent, he did catch the scent of a lioness. Tensing up, he narrowed his eyes and lowered himself down to the ground. It took him a moment to finally notice the black form; she blended in very well with the night. Stalking forward slowly and silently, he craned his neck out to get a closer look and just observed.

She was a pretty little thing. Had he still been a Stormborn, he may have considered catching her as a Thrall. As it was though, he didn't care for that life anymore, nor for enslaving anyone. Judging by the fact that she was alone, she must be a rogue as well.

Actually, she might have seen Hiccup.... assuming she hadn't just eaten him. That would earn her a claw to the face. No point jumping to conclusions just yet though, and if she had seen him, he could use her to find where his wayward friend went.

So he stood up from his crouched position and made his way cautiously towards her, letting out a grunt as he got close. "Hello...."

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:43 pm
MangoMeow

Senka jumped when she heard a voice calling out to her, she was spooked and she hated it, she had not expected to be so caught off guard by a male lion. Not a smart way to live in the rouge lands. She huff and she got to her feet and looked at the male lion who had come up to her while she was looking at the twinkles. She frowned he was as dark as she was. Humm, though she still should have been smelling so she hadn't been caught off guard. She huffed again and frowned "What do you want?"

She was in a huff because she didn't like anyone seeing her in such a weak state. She narrowed her eyes at the stranger, distrust clear in her stance. Why should she trust a stranger wandering around the rouge lands in the dark? Especially one that had caught her off guard and made her feel foolish. That wouldn't do at all. She couldn't let anyone else see her as weak. Senka was strength and shadows. She was not sunshine and flowers. That was just how she was and anyone who couldn't accept that could get lost because she didn't need them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 pm
Nott let out a snort. Well at least she was cautious, even if she hadn't noticed his approach. Eyeing her for a moment, the lion made a point of keeping his distance. It was just as well that she didn't want to go near him, because he didn't terribly want to go near her.

Flicking his tail, he answered, "Have you seen a rabbit around here? I've been looking for him." Hopefully she hadn't eaten the pesky idiot.

He wondered what she was doing out here anyway. Most lions went back home when night fell, save for the few like himself. Hm, actually, that might be the reason right there. Dark-pelted as she was, she may very well be a night-hunter as well.

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:15 pm
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Senka kept her distance from the male lion for the moment her tail moved back and forth, she cocked her eyebrow when he asked her if she had seen a rabbit. "What is there something wrong with your eyes and nose that you can't hunt down a rabbit?" She looked him over confused. It hadn't occurred to her that this was a friend of his. Senka had never had a familiar in her life before. She ate rabbits, though her last kill had not been a rabbit, nor had she seen any rabbits that day. She snorted thinking this male lion was a failure as a hunter.

Which was a shame since they had a rather handsome body and coat, though she wasn't about to tell him that. He didn't need to know her every thought and feeling.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm
He gave her a dead-pan look, unimpressed with her snark. Honestly, this was why he didn't really like hanging around other lions very often. They were a little too conceited for his tastes, and they tended to assume that everything was food if it was lower on the food chain than them.

"No, but my friend is somewhat of a difficult case to find at times." He huffed, "He's.... different... than your normal rabbit." Well, he was a normal rabbit, but in Nott's opinion, he was special. And out of respect for said special person, he swore off eating rabbits. Which was fine, they were too stringy for his tastes anyway. He would much prefer something like fish or antelope instead.

He narrowed his eyes at her, "You haven't eaten him, have you? He's my partner." He couldn't smell dead rabbit anywhere, which led him to assume that no, she probably hadn't, but you could never be too sure.

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:53 pm
MangoMeow

Senka shook her head and then said: "No I haven't eaten a rabbit today." To her this was a very strange conversation she didn't think of little animals as friends rather than food. Then again living in the rouge lands on her own she couldn't look gift food in the mouth. Well except for that one time and that cheetah was really annoying and far too flirty to be worth dealing with. She yawned as she hadn't gotten any sleep yet. "If they are your friend don't you know where they burrow for the night?" That's where hares and rabbits lived right in burrows in the ground. "Perhaps your friend is merely sleeping." She said simply. She saw no reason to be rude in this case.

The male lion wasn't a bad hunter, just a strange hunter in her book, but hey to each their own right? Senka doubted she would ever travel with a weaker animal but she wouldn't judge someone else their choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm
At this, Nott sighed but his exasperation was clearly towards his friend. "Oh, they do, but Hiccup is.... an idiot sometimes." He stared off with an annoyed look on his face, "He likes to stay up at night, and never likes to make a damn burrow when he sleeps." Instead, the weirdo preferred to sleep curled up outside with Nott, which, while he didn't really mind, it did mean that he was out in the open and thus easy prey for anyone walking by. Thankfully, most were turned away by a dark glare from the black lion.

He shook his head, "I'll probably never understand his thought process, but he's my friend and I can't just leave him out there at night by himself." That was a newer lesson he was learning - how to be a good friend. Part of that was to accept the strange habits of said friends... and make sure he didn't kill himself in the process.

"Well," he continued, "I apologize then. I hope I didn't disturb your nap." He cocked his head to the side, thinking about which direction to head next. He would have to keep up his search then. He hoped it wouldn't take all night to do.

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 pm
MangoMeow

Senka shook her head "Being an idiot in the rouge lands is not a good way to stay alive, there are quite a few hungry animals out there.." She looked out into the night. Senka cocked her brow and frowned "That is a very strange rabbit indeed." She said in a soft tone. Senka nodded "I hope you find your friend before he becomes someone's dinner." Just to be polite she would avoid eating rabbit for a while. Not that she would say so. She shook her head "I wasn't napping I was looking at the stars." She said in a soft tone. "Good luck." She said since clearly, they wanted to get back to finding their rabbit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:42 pm
Nott glanced back at her in the corner of his eye, observing her for a moment. Looking at the stars, huh? He couldn't help the quick look up, and he had to admit that she was right to watch them. They were especially bright tonight. They rather matched her, now that he thought about it, with a pelt that shimmered in the moonlight like that.

Ah well, moving on, he needed to get his tail moving if he wanted to track down his friend before morning.

So with a nod, the black lion muttered back a response, "Thanks. If you happen to come across him, would you mind letting him know that I'm looking for him?" He paused, "Tell him that Nott is trying to find him. He's probably the only rabbit who would be out and about at this time of night, so he'll be fairly easy to spot, I think."

And then he turned and began walking away.

Midnightglow18
End this rp here or with your next post?

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 am
Senka nodded "Yes if I see your rabbit I will tell him you are looking for him."

(Fin)  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff