Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Sunlight and Shadows (Berihun & Hjordis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 am
User ImageNothing wrong with taking a break now and again, right? Berihun repeated it to himself for the third time since he'd laid down, paws folded on a random rock and soaking up the noonday sun. Even god-given-errand-boys were entitled a rest every now and again - or so he hoped. Even he had to admit, the very idea that somewhere, Primitus was somehow aware of his snoozing on the job - and angry about it - was a mite intimidating.

That would be a problem for Future!Berihun, however. In the meantime, he'd even come up with an excuse: Makeda had hared off hours ago, and she was still nowhere to be found. The golden lion had tracked her this far before he was forced to give up. He liked to think that he'd done a good job of it, but he'd also be lying if he tried to pretend that she wasn't the better hunter. Hell, she could easily have laid a false trail for him. Beri's head jerked up at the thought, instantly indignant. She could have led him here on purpose.

Pale yellow eyes combed the horizon, suspicious now, and feeling all the more silly because of it. Surely, he wasn't about to talk himself into paranoia - that was just doing the impish sador's job for her. The tip of his tail twitched irritably. Besides, there was nothing here. Just a bunch of grass and and a whole lot of sun. Why would she waste energy luring him to what looked to be a perfectly innocuous spot?

midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:24 am
Anderleit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Senka Hjordis was out on the hunt she had been stalking an antelope since early that morning, she followed their scent and stalked through the tall monkey grass. She had a plan and she had a goal, she wasn't going to rush her hunt or let anyone distract her from her goals. Least she didn't think she would, she did tend to get curious when she smelled someone that didn't normally belong in her territory. The herd of antelope had been on the move, she knew if she moved too quickly she would destroy her entire hunting plan. She would have no chance to catch one of the slower ones if she tipped her claw too soon.

She tipped her nose up and breathed in the dry air of the plains and she caught a scent of a lion she didn't know, she was hungry but her curiosity got the better of her and she moved towards the lion she didn't know. She stalked them and then quietly laid down in the tall grass to watch them. The male lions were just lazing about in the sun. She rolled her eyes typical of male lions. She didn't think it was too strange. She considered males the weaker of the sexes, though this one was rather handsome.

They certainly didn't look like a rouge lion to her, too soft around the edges so what were they doing in the rouge lands? This had been a strange day indeed she had meet a few creatures she didn't think belonged in the rouge lands. This was her home she was a part of the rouge lands and she saw no shame in not being part of a pride. She would take pity from no one. She could and would take care of herself.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm
Where was she? Break or not, Beri was beginning to get annoyed at his fellow - the lion bristled, though much less than previously - sador's absence. It was one thing to go off on one's own, but this was something else entirely! She'd been almost half the day gone at this point! And she hadn't mentioned anything to him, not even a by-your-leave, so he couldn't even enjoy his time without her!

The striped head flopped onto his paws with a huff. He didn't want to admit it, but he was concerned for the girl. She'd willingly joined up with the demons, after all. She had gone to them for protection. So, huntress or not, he didn't have all that much faith in her ability to watch out for herself - much less in doing so alone in the rogue-lands!

Raking his gaze across the horizon again, the male was almost startled by the appearance of a black spot he must have missed before. A distinctly lioness-shaped black spot. While he remained calm to look at, his tail lashed, paws tensing beneath him. Muscles stood distinctly against his striped pelt. Figured he was due for a spot of the local color - you know, alone and in unknown territory as he was. Perfect. He would be sure to thank Makeda profusely, whenever she decided to show up.

In the meantime, though... Better to make the first move than have someone else take him by surprise. Pale eyes blinked, intentionally lazily, at the approaching female. "Afternoon, there," Berihun drawled, speaking clearly enough, but with none of his usual warmth, "you wouldn't happen to have seen another lioness around, by any chance? About yea high," he held his paw away from the rock, "with a pale coat? Bright purple eyes? Can't miss them, really." Sure, maybe this would turn instantly into a brawl. He was ready if it did. But it wouldn't be him that started it, not with the odds so clearly against him.

midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 am
Anderleit

Senka stood back mistrust clear in her eyes, she hadn't seen any bright yellow male lions in the area of the rouge lands like ever. She wasn't sure what to make of him. Then he started speaking, everyone seemed to have lost something or someone when they came looking the rouge lands. Last male lion had lost his friend rabbit. It certainly was a strange week that Senka had been having. She cocked her eyebrow and asked. "Another lost rabbit?" Looking at the small size unless this was a cub that he had lost. If that was the case they needed better babysitters.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:22 am
Berihun blinked at her, plainly confused. His gaze flicked from her, to his uplifted paw - plainly hovering about shoulder-height off the ground - and back again. Makeda was petite alright, but that was absolutely ridiculous!

"Rabbit? What? No. Lioness." He was sure to stress the word this time, in case she was a bit more...simple than she appeared. Why else would she be talking about a bunny, of all things, when he'd been describing another feline? The second coming of his question was less genial, but at this point, he was more concerned with being understood. "I'm looking for a lioness. Like yourself, but paler. You seen her?" And possibly more intelligent. Although it could have just been a misunderstanding? Heckuva one to make, though, so he was inclined to think there was just something up with her. Beri found himself contemplating it as he awaited her response, the skeptical tilt of his brow the only indication that, so far, he found something off about this particular female.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:07 am
Anderleit

Senka shook her head "No I have seen no other lionesses lately, lots and lots of male lions, no females I've crossed paths with, I am sorry." Senka didn't really have anything else to offer him since she had seen no lionesses lately. She had 100% male meetings in the last few weeks. She wasn't sure why she hadn't come across any females, but that just seemed to be the way things had panned out. "Nope since I haven't seen any females lately, lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dogs, you name it haven't seen one." He tone was a bit sarcastic and sharp. She was a tad annoyed with males this week asking her silly questions like where is this lioness and have you seen my rabbit?  

Mookoli

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 pm
Ugh. Weird and unhelpful? He might as well be talking to Makeda already! Though, come to think of it... Pale yellow eyes flickered the length of the strange lioness' form, shrewdly speculative for a moment - but Beri shook his head. There was no replacement for his oft-annoying companion, and Shetani would have his head for the attempt.

He dropped his paw, shifting into a stretch on the rock. "Lots of other males, huh? Well, good for you. The lady swims in choices." A smirk replaced the skepticism, tail lashing as the male sauntered his way down from the stone. Obvious sarcasm aside, maybe this patch of land of hers was just a hot-spot for travelers. Maybe an abundance of manes was what had driven his sador this way in the first place.

Tsch. His sador. Listen to him! Rolling his eyes, Beri realized that he was going to need to give both of them more credit. He had not yet come into his right to claim anyone. She hadn't given him any reason to think she was just out here chasing after boys.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 pm
Anderleit

Senka snorted "Problem being this lady doesn't really want them what would I do with them? I am a loner, why do I need a male?" Senka looked at the golden male and she frowned "Why are you hunting this female anyway? Does she not have the right to her freedom till she decides she is ready to accept a male or pride?" She said her tone sharp his answer was important to her. She would remember it if they ever met again.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:14 pm
The lion glanced over his shoulder, giving her a measured look. One of those, was she? A Strong Wild Lioness who Didn't Need Anyone. No wonder he'd felt like this was going to turn into a scrap when first she'd found him. Might still. "Well, good for you, highness. Forgive me, but if you don't know what to do with a male by now, I'm not inclined to tell you."

His smirk grew teeth, tilting cruelly up at the corners. It felt like he stepped outside of himself for a moment - watching as some other Berihun turned toward the black lioness, and began stalking closer. "But you're going to leave Makeda out of this. She's not like you. She has a pride - and joined us willingly, seeking protection." He allowed himself close enough to loom over the smaller female - although likely not by much. He wasn't exactly the tallest male around. "As long as she's out in the roguelands, she falls under my paw. Is that a problem?" The smirk and snarl were gone, replaced by a flat expression that reflected his thoughts on any indication that he would mean the lioness he sought even a moment of harm.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:47 am
Anderleit

Senka snarled and narrowed her eyes at the lion and she snorted at his highness comment. "That is not what I meant and you know it." She frowned and then she chuckled in a mocking tone. "If you can not find her, who is to say she has not left you and you are too poor a hunter to ever find her. Perhaps she has decided your pride is not worth staying in." Senka mocked. She had never thought much of pride, besides the safety thing. Which if she wanted to have cubs she would join a pride. She wasn't telling this golden jerk that though. Since he had pissed Senka off with his rude remarks. So she was not above mocking him or even suggesting that this female had gone to see a stronger male to be with this-this golden blockhead wasn't lion enough.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:45 pm
Impassivity twitched, just for a moment: a tic in Berihun's cheek that, left unchecked, might have turned into a snarl. But the male refused to give this stubborn creature the satisfaction. "Maybe she has. She's not my mate, and I wouldn't begrudge her the company of another. If that's what she's chosen, however, she will give me the courtesy of telling me so to my face." As much as he would never, ever say so aloud...there was something unavoidably refreshing about dealing with someone so unabashedly forthright. No politics, or dancing around a subject. Just good ol' lowbrow insult-flinging, the kind he hadn't done since he was mane-less and gawky.

"Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a hunt to return to." It was pretty clear that Makeda had not come this way. Or if she had, then she had also managed to avoid this lioness' territory. Would that he had done the same. With a last glance toward the dark female, Beri turned his back on her, keen to make tracks away from here and resume his search.

Refreshing, maybe, but not an experience he'd yearn to repeat.

Midnightglow18

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff