Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[LOG][PRP] Warning [Ciro x Lijen]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:04 pm
Lijen had finally gotten the scales he needed. Fantastic. He could soon leave. Of course, it was a bit of a loss that he didn't keep the trinkets he had found with the one lioness, Eydis. But... it was worth letting go, in order to avoid being tied to her and the stormborn. And besides... he got to meet the lovely Saisana afterwards.

Smiling happily, he walked along the rocky beach, eyes sharp for any valuables. He would leave the next day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:05 pm
Oh, how nice it felt to be home. This last raid was quite different than what the dark lion was used to. His band had not been able to find Astrid, which tormented Astrus to no end. However, Ciro benefited well from the trip, finding a female to use to his advantage. He wondered if Njia had made it back to the pride lands, and have established herself amongst their rank. He knew she would not be taken a thrall, so he’d have to find out if new Freeborn were amongst them.

Not that the lion cared for her. She was definitely fun to be around, and Ciro could find himself spending more time with her in a more…personal setting. All he had to do was speak his words, and she would crumble at them.

He would have left to inquire about the newbies, if it wasn’t for a strange scent hitting his nose. Eyes narrowing, the Reaver rose to his feet, intent on finding the source. When he spotted a lion on the rocky beach, the male stalked up to him.

“Who are you? States your business here,” Lijen wasn’t in the pride lands, but he was close enough for the Reaver to challenge him if needed.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

"I am Lijen, a merchant that travels around for rare goods and trinkets not yet claimed," Lijen answered, making certain to inform the male that he was not a thief. "I am here at your marvelous shores for scales and perhaps a starfish or two. I won't be here much longer," he stated honestly before tilting his head to the side. His friend Ali-dido was certainly different from the other stormborn.  
While normally a hospitable lion outside the pride, inside to strangers Ciro was a bit more defensive. He did not return the gesture that Lijen gave him, but his eyes softened ever so lightly.

“Taking things from this land can get you into a lot of trouble with the members of it.” Ciro stated, sitting away from the other. Lijen was lucky, Ciro did not particularly care about the other now that he heard what he was doing. As long as he wasn’t getting himself into trouble, messing around with thralls or the female pride members he would let it slide.

Although, stating he was a merchant probably wasn’t the best idea. Looking for ‘rare goods and trinkets’. He was just marking himself to be raided if his path was ever crossed outside the lands. Surely there would be some goods that would be beneficial to the Stormborn.

“If you are a merchant, what goods do you have on you now?” Might’ve well get a sneak peek, no?

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:06 pm
Lijen nodded, though he moderately wondered if the male finding out that he had also had fun with quite a few stormborn ladies would have the lion a bit more hostile. Lijen decided it was best to keep the other from finding out.

Smiling, he shrugged and took of his pouch, which was considerably less than it should be due to his run in with a stormborn lioness. The lost of those shipwreck treasures were definitely felt. Inside the pouch were fish scales he spent time meticulously picking off, dried out flowers from rare plants, small and strange pelts, insect husks, and a few golden and silver trinkets. "I suppose I'm more of a procurer than a merchant. I take on tasks from clients who need certain items that would be nearly impossible for them to obtain themselves. Or items other merchants don't normally sell. I'm more of a... fetcher, I suppose?" he informed the other with a wry grin.

Ciro’s brow rose as the lion began to take out his ‘trinkets’. What use would these be? Fish scales? Insect husks? Those seemed useless. The shiny knick-knacks, now those caught the dark lion’s attention. Those objects would catch others’ eyes. The pelts too, as they could line the floors of the dens, or provide softer resting places.

“I don’t see what others could do with a majority of this…” he refrained from saying the word junk, but that was what it was to Ciro. “Where is it that you are from?” He had already established he wasn’t from the Stormborn. Was he even from a pride? Or was he just a rogue traveling as a merchant.

He shrugged inwardly, still watching the male carefully. “You said fish scales and…star fish brought you to our borders. Nothing else?” He questioned, not fully believing the lion’s word. He had an assortment or strange objects sure, but starfish in the Myrsky Syntynt lands? That was better suited for that ocean pride.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

Lijen let out a chuckle. "There is a puppet master back home who is much too busy to fetch these items herself. That and some are harder to get than they look. She pays me quite well for this... junk," he mused, eyes twinkling.

Well now, it seemed he was curious about where he was from. Lijen didn't know how to answer this. He didn't want to create a diplomatic issue for Shauku; that woman had enough on her plate. "A pride quite a few days away. A peaceful one," he added, glancing away towards the ocean for a quick second. He would definitely be leaving after this encounter.

"I could get them from anywhere but there are specific types with certain colors that live along the Myrsky Syntynt rocky beaches. Dangerous to get, but the mistress who sent me for her items was very specific."

Puppet master?

What kind of words was this lion speaking of? He did not know if what the other was saying was true or not. His one eyebrow could not raise any higher than what it was.

Ciro hummed. A peaceful pride normally meant a useless one.

Something did not sit right with the Reaver. "Hmm." He thought. "We normally do not let strangers wander the lands," most reavers Ciro knew would start a challenge the first rogue they had seen. The dark lion was a little bit more laid back, as long as the others did not pose threats. This...merchant, seemed to not be a threat to him.

"I think you should gather whatever goods you can get in the next five minutes and be on your way." He held a low warning in his voice. He may have been more mellower than most, but he still had a title to keep, and knowing a rogue was willy-nilly waltzing up and down their beach border collecting property of the Myrsky Syntynt lands would not sit well with some.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

Well, obviously the stormborn didn't want him lingering around. Fortunately, Lijen had his things, he could leave without loss. Perhaps it was better to head home, rather than lingering around here... he wasn't sure the other lion would let him off so easily if he was caught again.

"May I get your name before I leave? I'd hate to leave without at least knowing the name of the stranger who spared me," he murmured with a small smirk, though inclined his head and began to gather his bag.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:07 pm
Ciro contemplated giving the other his name. Lijen would have no use for it, so why would he want it? Deciding to not leave the lion with anything, Ciro answered curtly, "You can call me Crow." It was a nickname he had growing up from his parents. He liked giving it to strangers (normally males) he found while on raids. If the lion were to ever come back and said he met with a 'Crow' most of the other stormborn would not know who he was talking about. It worked in Ciro's favor most of the time.

Golden eyes glanced towards the sky. Time was up.

"Best get going now," his head lowered a small snarl started to creep on his maw. This was Lijen's final warning.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm
Crow. Well, Lijen really didn’t have a reason to suspect that it was a false name and so, didn’t. He smiled, inclining his head. But apparently… the stormborn was serious about him going. He let out a sigh. Men really were harder to talk to than ladies. They just didn’t fall for the same things. And so, he gathered up his things.

”Until we meet again, Crow,” he mused before backing away for a few steps and then turning. There was enough distance between them that Lijen should be able to hear if Crow decided to change his mind and charge.

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games