❧ Urosangylea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Art by Heras Box)

|| Stats Page ||
Updated: June/4/18
Experience || 0

Inventory
Weapons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Basic Staff

Items
None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:16 pm
heart  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:26 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:28 pm
heart  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:29 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 pm
heart  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:39 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:22 pm
Prentice - Journal entry 1
Class Affinity

When it came to her magic, Urosangylea was still somewhat naïve on the finer points of manipulating and using the power. She had never gone out of her way to practice with it, depending instead on her instinctive connections and physical abilities. Auras and energies came very easily to Uro, so trying to turn some focus on the more complex summoning magic had been overlooked. It wasn’t until a few of her grandmother’s friends came by that she gave further thought to using a focusing tool. Each one had a tool they claimed was vital to their work. A long staff, some shining beads, a collection of glowing runes, some well-used books… there were plenty to look through and ask about, and each elder was more than willing to talk up the benefits of their particular prizes.

They were also more than willing to offer up their own snippets of anecdotes, advice and criticism. While most of it was positive, there were a few more ornery folks ready to growl at her rather than encourage her. As much as she heard about how she would be able to accomplish making a choice, she equallyUro took it all in stride though. Elders had gone through all of their own lessons and had grown in a different time. She took each bit of advice with warm smile and the understanding that each word meant something to the person speaking. Each tidbit would help her journey to choosing a tool to use.

She had known about the weapons her whole life, of course. It came with the territory of being in a family of magically gifted earthlings. Her grandmother used a string of lovely purple and red beads, but also had another string in gold and another string in blue and white. Her father used gray runes that would glow yellow when he used them. She was told her mother used black runes that would glow pink with her magic, though she had never seen it herself. On the subject of picking a tool out for herself though, the thought simply had never crossed her mind.

Rozamae had invited her peers over for the explicit purpose of rousing her granddaughter’s interest. The girl was coming of age and needed to hone her abilities. While Rozamae was not exactly friends with all of the folks who came, she respected their abilities and that was what mattered the most. She figured that it would take a person of skill and wisdom to show her granddaughter the way. “So, what do you think of what you have seen?” she crooned, reaching a wrinkled old hand out to brush her granddaughter’s hair back.

Uro looked at her grandmother with wide, shining eyes. “It is a little overwhelming,” she admitted, sounding as excited as she was nervous. “Each one had such a unique talent and way of being used, and they all are wonderful! Can I not use all of them and pick them out for my moods?”

Rozamae laughed loudly. “Ah, my dear, I suppose you could. You will grow more adept at using your magic if you pick just one tool to use for training with. I do know that I wanted to use both the beads and the staff when I was your age, but it was the beads that called to me in the end.” Rozamae smiled and pinched Uro’s cheek. “You have listened to the words of your elders, but you must give the tools time to speak to you as well. One will speak the loudest and the clearest, and you will know then.”

Since that evening, Uro bought one of each weapon and kept them in her room. During her free time, she would pick one of the weapons each day to go out into the woods and practice with. She wanted to hear what the weapons were saying. Each tool surely had its own voice to speak with!

The first day, Uro went out with the runes. Both of her parents used them, so she was bound to hear something come from the rough stones. Spreading them out of the ground, Uro tried to concentrate. She saw the faintest glow of orange coming from the markings. Excited, she tried to practice a few spells. Conjuring fire and water, a protective wall, healing a simple cut…

The next time, she took out the beads. These ones were a shimmering green color. Uro focused on the feeling of them in her hands, fingers going over the smooth, rounded spheres. The faintest tickle ran through her fingers, and she was able to cast simple spells like before.

After that was the staff. It was a ball on a short handle with a purple glow. Uro ran her hand over the globe, giggling when she felt warmth seeming into her hand and all the way up to her elbow. Practicing a few spells, the magic was gentle but flowed easily through the conduit.

Finally was the book. Uro fluttered the thick pages lightly, scanning over the seemingly endless sea of words. The binding was quite heavy but sturdy, giving her a secure feeling. She tried a little practice, but practically nothing came through any stronger than it would have without the book’s focus. She loved how the tome looked, but the book seemed to turn her away.

Slowly, Uro continued to test and reject. The runes were the next to leave her possession. Despite having both parents be rune users, the stones never got beyond that faint glow. In part, she wondered if it was due to her lack of connection to her parents. Neither of them was very present in her life, despite her father living in the same house. She did not feel too guilty putting them aside. She was left balancing the beads and the staff.

Silently, Uro had been hoping for the beads. Her grandmother used her own beads with such skill and grace… Uro looked up to her grandmother greatly, and naturally wanted to be like the family matron. She practiced almost every day with the beads, finding her ability to used them getting easier each time. She was thrilled, and her grandmother was pleased!

However, the staff remained in her room. She would look over the tool every day before grabbing up the beads. It was not a battle, but she could still feel the gentle pull. Not too long after, she started going out with the staff more than the beads. She could feel the magic flowing through her body and into the staff, and practically watched it go to work forming water and stone right in the air. It was also brilliant at mending simple cuts and marks! There was no feeling of it getting easier to use… It simply was.

Grinning brightly, Uro spun to conjure ribbons of water that were then infused with a warm orange glow. She felt like the glow was lighting up both the outside and the inside of her body. It was comfortable and easy…

“So you have decided?”

Uro spun again to face her grandmother, the water dropping to the ground with loud splashing. For once, a hint of guilt went through her belly. “I.. am sorry, grandmother. I do like the beads. They speak loudly and confidently. I could grow well with them, I am certain. But…” holding up the staff, a simple look from her eyes made it glow warmly, “this is what speaks the sweetest and clearest to me. It sings a song in my head and in my heart while the energy goes right into me, reaching every part of me, and I feel as though I could fly!”

Rozamae chuckled and patted her granddaughter’s cheek. “That was what I wanted for you, Urosangylea. While I was pleased to see you taking to the beads, even I could see that something was keeping you from fully accepting them. I want you to pick a tool because you have a connection with, not because someone else in your life uses it as well. Remember to follow your heart, no matter what anyone else tells you.” The wizened woman bent to kiss the younger woman’s forehead. “I am proud of you, Urosangylea. You are growing into a fine woman.”

Uro had never felt more proud and whole in all of her life. Any guilt she had been feeling was put at ease. Her grandmother had always loved her as she was, so why would this be any different? It simply would not be! The staff, like her grandmother, accepted her as she was. It did not mind that she saw auras and felt energies that others might not see or feel. It did not mind that she had tried to go with a more familiar route when she tried to use the beads. It did not mind that her parents were not really there. It channeled her magic for her as it had been made to do, and did so with a gentleness and grace that showed it had been destined to be.

(( word count: 1516 = 5 pnts ))  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 pm
Prentice- Growth Quest Solo
Elementalist

Stepping into the small shop, Uro felt rather overwhelmed. The shop was not very large, in truth. It was one room for the sales with a small room in the back for her to take breaks in and extra storage space. The various herbs hung drying from the ceiling while strings of polished beads were strung along the walls. Shelves were packed with crystals of many different colors and sizes, each gem with a label showing its type and uses. More shelves held bottles of creams, tonics, and blends, and each of those was labeled clearly as well.

Uro took after her grandmother in many aspects, but she had missed the organization bug her grandmother was gifted with. Grandmother Rozamae had owned this shop on her own for years. The woman knew every nook and cranny, every wooden creak, and every spiderweb in the rafters. Uro had grown up in the shop, running items carefully back and forth as directed, sometimes sweeping and dusting, and sometimes just gazing out the front door as a happy little greeter. Up until recently, Uro had never actually taken part in the sales and services end of things. Rozamae was better with people, after all. Rozamae was supposed to be the one opening the shop.

Up until recently, Uro had never given any thought to owning the shop. Up until recently, she had never thought of her grandmother as anything but invincible. Rozamae had taken ill when the floods had come through though. While the woman was healed thanks to magic, age kept her from recuperating as quickly as she used to. While Rozamae continued to rest, Uro had been sent to keep the shop running.

Propping the door open, Uro felt the urge to push it shut again. She was one to go with the flow and was open to new experiences. This, however… she did not want to take her grandmother’s place. Townsfolk depending on Rozamae, and the weight of that responsibility was new to the young woman’s shoulders. It was a weight she did not like…

Uro took a deep breath and let it back out slowly. Everything happened for a reason… her grandmother’s primary teaching. Uro could take comfort in knowing that there was a reason that she was pulling open the shutters and setting out the water while her grandmother got her energy back. There was a reason, and who was she to question it? This would work out for the better. Besides, this shop was a part of her grandmother. If she took care of the shop, the surely grandmother would be taken care of as well!

As the hours ticked by with only a few customers trickling in and out of the shop, Uro’s mind wandered. What if she decided to take over the shop one day. Would she want that? Grandmother seemed to enjoy the work. Uro was not quite sure she was meant for the same path though. Like with the staff compared to Rozamae’s beads, perhaps her path would further divert from her grandmother’s as well. What path would she even take though? All she wanted was to explore and meet others and get in touch with nature and its vast energies. Could that possibly earn her a living? It would be a wonderful living!

She was leaning against the counter with a dreamy expression in her eyes when she felt a touch to her cheek. Blinking, she looked around the empty store with confusion. No one was there… Suddenly, the impulse to cry washed over her, and her eyes watered as sadness seeped into her belly. “Grandmother?” she whispered. With a sharp gasp, she ran from the store like she never had before, surprising others with her unusually quick movements.

Her father was standing outside of their home, leaning with an exhausted posture against the wall. He looked up without any sort of surprise when his daughter showed up. “Urosangylea… your grandmother….”

Weeks later, after ceremonies and time to grieve, Uro once again opened the precious shop to its loyal customers. Uro had been afraid to step back into the shop, to be honest. Rozamae had always been there to guide her growing up. Now, the shop was dusty and cold, and she felt the same sort of space in her heart. This was where she had felt the last touch of her grandmother…

A strong wind blew into the shop, making Uro spin with surprise. Beads clicked against the walls with the breeze, herbs rustled their dry leaves, and a couple chimes gave their sweet song to the air. Uro suddenly found herself smiling, and she felt the ghost of a touch brush along her cheek. “I am sorry that I took so long, grandmother,” she murmured, tears falling freely. Of course her grandmother had been waiting for the shop to open again. The old woman would never have wanted Uro to remain hidden away on her account.

The breeze shifted, tugging Uro’s clothes gently toward the door, and her gaze followed. The open door… “I will still follow my own path. I promise that I will.” Stepping forward, she gently touched the doorframe. Her father wanted nothing to do with running the shop, so Uro had taken up the mantle. “I cannot let this shop go yet, though. Many depend on what you gave them with this place, and I will not just leave my home wanting.” A ghost touch played with the feathery ends of her hair, making her smile.

There was no such thing as a ‘last’ touch when it came to Rozamae. The old woman would never leave it at that! Her spirit was far too strong to fade so quickly.

While she was uncertain how long it would last, Uro knew that she was making the right choice. The responsibility she was taking on was still a little scary, but having her grandmother’s blessing was reassuring. After all, grandmother was not simply dead and gone. The wise woman’s spirit remained to gently guide her as she needed. Sighing deeply, Uro turned away from the door to open the window shutters to let in the air and the light. She knew this was going to be a completely new chapter in her life, but she also knew that she had the ability to face it as she always had.

(( Word count: 1061 ))

Conclusion: Uro’s grandmother, her guardian and role model, has died. Uro is stepping up to fill at least a little of the large space left behind. Normally free to go about with the push of the wind, Uro is settling her roots a little more securely by taking on the shop and taking a more active role on the path of adulthood.

◈ Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games