Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:19 pm
Itotia

The waves rocked the boat gently as the Tendaji shore came into view. High above, a shout alerting the crew to the sighting of the land caused a cheer. The ride was rough, the roughest Itotia had experienced yet, thanks to a storm. But the crew was seasoned, and they made it through, if a bit sick to their stomachs. The calm seas and promise of land caused everyone on board to grow cheery and perk up.

Itotia was atop the deck, glancing around at the few other Yaeli who dared to journey across the sea. From the not so hushed whispers of the crew, the number of Yaeli coming to the mainland was growing. It seemed her people had grown brave, or curious, and maybe that also meant that Itotia had more reason to follow through on her plans than she originally thought.

Pondering as she watched the men and women work, Itotia's thoughts naturally shifted to those closest to her, including the shifter who had insisted that he join her on her trip across to Yael.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:08 pm
Kresimir

Shouts and cheers reaching the shifter man caused him to lift his head. While he might not have been a sailor, he was accustomed to hard work so in order to help with their fare, Kresimir had offered his own two hands for their use. There wasn't much he could do to help during the storm with as little experience sailing as he had but he did what he could after the storm had passed. Being focused on something helped keep him distracted from the uneasiness in his stomach.

The cheering was about land, a cheer he happily contributed to. The trip across the water to Yael was definitely an interesting one but Kres was always happy to be "home". He finished the task he had been assigned and made his way towards Itotia. "We're back." A smile on his face as he looked at her. "That was quite the...adventure." One corner of his mouth pulled up slightly more than the other, surely a trait he inherited from his father.

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:31 am
Itotia

Itotia didn't cheer, but she did watch as everyone seemed to perk up after the long journey. Many were ready to go home, already bored of the lure of Yael. Everyone was about Belrea now, and the ships that sailed across the sea were nothing compared to the flying crafts that took to the sky. She understood, but had no interest in traveling anywhere but back to Oba. At least for now.

Her thoughts were cut off as she noticed the dark skin of Kresimir in the corner of her vision. Turning, she returned his smile with a soft one of her own, a rare occurrence she saved for those who were closest.

"One I don't plan on doing again anytime soon..." She thought back to her pack, where she hid away little trinkets to represent her gods. No, she had made her peace, and would do her own journey next year, one of internal reflection. She had much to think about, and traveling was not something she wanted.

"Now all we need to do is make it through the desert and then we're home..."

Nilah44

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:00 pm
Kresimir visibly relaxed as they pulled into port and began docking. While he had enjoyed his time away, and his time with Itotia, he had missed Oba and the home he had made there. So in that way, he was glad when Itotia said she wouldn't be going back again soon and his smile softened to match her own. It made him somewhat sad that it wasn't quiet so easy and feasible for her to visit home as it would be for him. Kres whistled a few moments and offered to take her pack. "The rest of the way seems like it will be so short compared to that trip across the water. While it was only my second time doing so I feel like its safe to say it was sort of rough at times."

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:42 am
Itotia

As the rocking of the ship smoothed over, the sails being hoisted as the crew let the ship coast toward the dock, Itotia felt her body continue to relax. She kept silent along with her companion, watching them work and waiting until it was time for them to get off the forsaken rocking boat. They both were ready to return to their home, and Itotia had it in mind that maybe it was time to create her own home, with Kres.

She turned and handed him her pack, her fingers lingering as she sent him another of those smiles only few were lucky to see.

"If I'm lucky, I wont need to travel across this sea for a few years...I...I've made my peace, Kres. There's things I want to do, but that doesn't involve my old home..."

Her face grew reflective for a moment, before she nodded for them to head off the ship. This was a conversation she was ready to have, but not with all the men and woman running the ship lingering. She felt the weight of their gaze and itched to pull her hood over her hair. But she refused, lifted her chin because she promised herself she would be better. No more hiding, not anymore.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:50 am
The knot that had been in the bottom of his stomach since they stepped foot upon the boat lessened as they pulled into port and docked. He slung her back over his other shoulder and, being the gentleman he was, made sure she was able to get off the boat okay. Her small touches and smiles meant everything to Kres and he was pretty sure he remembered them all. "I'm glad to hear that but you know if it's what you wanted I'd still take that trip again. Though I can't say I'm not relieved to know I won't have to do it anytime soon." He teased. Once he put his feet back on solid ground he sighed in relief as well as giving himself a few heartbeats to stabilize himself on ground that's not constantly moving.

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 am
Itotia

She resisted the urge to laugh at the thought, at the humor that when she wanted nothing to do with anyone, she found Kres. Sweet, patient, dedicated Kres. He was a constant in her life she didn't know she needed, but would never give away. Aseara was different, she was like a big sister...Kres was something more. Her ally. Her strength. Her shield.

She walked with a light step, ignoring the sense of still being on water and taking deep breaths to grow used to the smells. Matori was so distinct, so different than Yael. She saw the other Yaeli look lost, confused, and paused a moment. Turning, she held a hand to Kres, "Hold on a moment..."

She then walked over to the group, them jumping slightly before catching sight of her coloring. Smiling again, she nodded to them.

"You're in Matori, a land of freed slaves. They are peaceful, but if you find yourself in trouble, travel to Sulburi. It's a city covered in sand like the beaches. Ask for Itotia at the Red Amaryllis. You will have my protection. This I swear to you by Lurin and Dafiel."

She waited for them to nod, their eyes wide, before she turned and walked back to Kres.

"I'm ready now. Let's go home"

Nilah44

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:20 pm
Kresimir nodded as she paused after seeing all the newly arrived yaeli. He couldn't help but remember when they had first met, when he could barely even take a step towards her without her flinching. And yet these yaeli came here willingly, despite their fear. It was something he couldn't help but admire as well as the woman who was trying to offer them a small amount of comfort, really the only thing she could do at the moment. He stood behind as she approached them, trying his best to not appear intimidating which was difficult for the large shifter.

After she rejoined him, he put a hand on the middle of her back affectionately. "Home sounds nice." Smiling, they began their journey home. Kres, however, had a thought in his mind that just wouldn't go away. "Itotia? What happened to that idea you had awhile back? The one to help yaeli acclimate to the mainland. I couldn't help but remember it when I watched you with the group from the boat. Was that still something you wanted to do?"

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:51 am
Itotia

As they walked on, she leaned slightly into his hand, taking comfort in his presence and confidence that he was by her side. She didn't feel the weight of the stares like she did years ago, and when he was by her side, she only thought of the important things in life. Her happiness. Him.

Tilting her head, she glanced to the side with her silver eyes and took a moment to consider his words. It was funny how he seemed attuned to her thoughts these days.

"I've been...thinking on it a lot these days..." She said softly as they moved toward a transport company. Walking would take too long to go up the coast and through to Oba. She had some gold left to barter the final leg of their trip.

"After going to Yael, I know more will want to come...and not be ready for what they find. I want to be able to reassure others so they never find themselves lost. I want to help them find the beauty of the mainland...which will only happen once they feel safe and trust others."

She smiled at him, "Like I did when I learned to trust you and Aseara..."

Nilah44

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:19 am
While he wished he could understand how she felt especially back then and he couldn't exactly yet he would always try. Her words melted his heart, as usual, and he felt the need and desire to make her idea a reality. "You know it's not impossible, right?" He paused their conversation as they secured transport back to Oba. "It would be entirely possible to do something like that if it was what you'd wish. And if there wasn't an easy way, then I'd take the hard way. I think it's a good idea, an idea that could help a lot of people." Kresimir moved to help her into the carriage before stepping in and seating himself beside her. "Just say the word, Itotia, and I'll find a way to make it happen." He vowed. Kres had to wonder if this was what it was like for his father when he met his mother. This drive to do whatever it took to make this woman happy. From the way he remembered his parents when he was younger it must've been.

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:50 am
Itotia

She settled in the carriage and moved to grab her bag back from him. She felt for the trinkets as a reminder of what she wanted, what her goals were and what she was embracing about her new home. Kres was right, anything was possible and all she needed to do was take the first step.

"I know Aseara has her family now and it seems she's preparing her daughters to take over. She probably wouldn't miss me too much..." Laughing lightly, she felt the carriage start to move and leaned to rest her elbows on her legs, her chin in her palm.

"I'm sure we can make it happen together, Kres. You and me..." Leaning back, she looked across to him, "I don't think I need to ask...but you'd help me build a new home, a place to work and a place to help others?"

Her voice was soft, vulnerable. She knew she was being vulnerable and she hated it. But she had to hear him say it, say he wanted to spend his time with her, even though he's proven it again and again.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:06 pm
Kresimir's laugh was breathy, almost more of a snort, "Of course I'd help you build a house, a place of employment, a place for other to feel safe. Except I..." He paused for just a moment while he gathered his nerve. "Except I hope you'll do me the honor of helping me turn a house into a home. Specifically one for us...together..." They'd never expressly classified what they were to each other, they just were. It'd been that way for the longest time and so it caused butterflies in his stomach at the small chance she might decline him. He could hear the vulnerability in her voice and while his voice didn't change in volume, a mixture of emotion could be heard. Kres resisted the urge to just pull her to him, hating that same vulnerability that his echoed. It was a serious conversation though, and he wanted to make sure they were both thinking through it clearly.

"Will you be mine?" It sounded a little possessive but he hoped with all the affection he said it with would overcome any of the dominant vibes the words themselves might have given off. Kresimir wished he had thought to get a ring or something in advance. It's not like this hadn't been building for awhile now, he should have been prepared. All would be fine though, as long as she said yes.

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:26 pm
Itotia

She was caught off guard by his honesty, even if it was what she wanted. She felt her eyes grow wet, a knot in her throat as she was silent. Her eyes looked toward him as her hands gripped the fabric of her traveling cloak. Suddenly, it felt warm and she wished they were out in the fresh air so she could put some distance and let her mind think about what he had just said.

Instead, he continued on and she began to blink furiously to hold back whatever that was that wanted to come out.

He wanted a home, with her, and wanted to be with her. It sounded like it was an always statement, and Itotia realized they never said what they wanted. She assumed, because he was always there...but had she never expressed her side. Had she taken their relationship for granted.

Taking a deep breath, she smiled brightly and it felt larger than she ever had smiled before.

"Of course, I already am." She responded simply and softly.

"I would love to build a home together..." She felt the emotions run through her and took the dive. She trusted Kres, she knew that, and she had nothing to hide.

"I love you, Kresimir."

Nilah44

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:38 pm
He watched as the emotion played over her face, her eyes welling with tears which caused him some alarm thinking he had said or done something to upset her. And then she smiled the largest smile Kres thought he'd ever seen and it warmed him from the inside out. At that time, he felt his whole world narrow in on one person. Two silver eyes. Four simple words. Just like that his whole world was forever changed. He felt tears welling in his own eyes, he was such a sap sometimes but he just couldn't help it. "And I love you, Itotia." He smiled softly before leaning in to give her a gentle kiss. Who would have thought he could make someone as amazing and beautiful as Itotia fall in love with him. It was an incredible feeling to know that he'd always have her. Kres couldn't help but laugh as he felt the purest joy he'd felt in his life so far. "I believe you've made me the happiest man in all of Matori--in all of Tendaji at this moment." He said fondly.

Elyessi

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 pm
Itotia

She laughed as she pulled away, her eyes dry and her smile a little softer. He said it back so easily, not forced and no hesitation. She knew he loved her, knew deep down, but to say the words seemed to have opened a door for them, and she realized she needed this. She needed him.

"That's not hard to believe, you've always been the happy one..." she teased, before focusing on their earlier conversation, "It'll take time to get things in order...but I think it might be wise to find a place on the border of Oba and Matori...someplace quiet...peaceful. I was thinking Baun, as it is popular enough that it would make sense to establish a dancer's hall...".

Her hands settled on her lap as she pondered, "We could take a break there during our trip to pick a location?"

Was she moving too fast? She really didn't mind the thought of leaving Aseara, as much as she loved that family. Right now her heart was full and she was ready to explore this new relationship with Kres. To take on all the world had to offer, together.

Nilah44

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces