Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:20 pm
She loved everything about this pride, the members, the atmosphere and of course the abundance of food. THOUGH it was lacking at times one important thing. Adventure. She knew there were those that traveled quite a bit and she wanted to do that. See the world, get to learn everything there is to know. How else would she know things unless she experienced them?

Flicking her tail behind her the young adult sat up and gave a good stretch. She wondered if there were others in the pride that shared the same train of thought as her, wanting to go out there and see the world. Of course she'd want to come back though. This was her home, she couldn't dream of living anywhere else.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:20 pm
Nalorakk loved his pride with all of his heart. He had heard the grand stories of the outside world from his more well-traveled friends. He had grown up on stories of vast, intangible bodies of water called oceans, great mountain ranges that held deep dark secrets under their calm surface, huge spans of land filled with nothing but sand.

Despite growing up on these stories they hadn't filled him with the sense of wanderlust that most would have taken out of them. He was quite content staying at home, he actually preferred it. Nally was by all accounts an extreme home body type of personality.

Yet here he was, packing up for his first real trip outside of the protective safety of the dense forests the pride were calling home now. He loved his pride, he wanted to become the best medic that he possibly could. Even at a young age he had his mind determinedly set on the idea of climbing as high up the ranks as he possibly could. Because of this desire he had to be willing to push himself outside of his comfort zone, even if that comfort zone pulled him away from the very family that he loved so much.

"Food? Well I can hunt along the way but...check. Sling packed with supplies. Should be able to collect any herbs needed along the way. What else..." He thought out loud quite loudly, not realizing that he was proclaiming his future plans to anyone within earshot.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:21 pm
It was as if fate was interveining, as it wasn't more than a few minutes later she overheard someone making a checklist. Or at least talking about things they would need and could get, but where? Along the way? WHERE THEY GOING SOMEWHERE???

Instantly her body buzzed with energy and she was curious to know more about where this voice was going. Moving towards the location of the voice she came around some heavy brush to see the young leopard discussing his future trip with himself. Nothing odd about that, she did stuff like that.

Sometimes.

"Are you going somewhere?" She hadn't thought to try and go anywhere, were they on a mission? Was it important? Were others going or allowed to go? So many questions raced through her head, but she kept them at bay, for now at least.  
Nally was just about done with his mental double-checking when Inessa came up to him. Truthfully he was so preoccupied with making sure he wasn't forgetting anything important that he hadn't even noticed the tell-tale sounds of leaves crunching underfoot as she moved closer to him.

When she spoke up to inquire about his strange behavior Nalorakk nearly jumped out of his skin! Letting out a sharp yelp he dropped his crudely made satchel onto the floor, spilling out the contents. "Dammit!" He cursed loudly. With a grumble he immediately got to work on trying to shove everything he could back into his bag.

"No, I just have a strange hobby of packing travel bags up that will never be used." He shot back, his gaze having never lifted up his work yet. There was a brief pause before he let out a sigh. That was a piss poor way to answer that question, she didn't do anything to deserve her head to be bitten off like that.

It was a damn good thing his parents weren't around or they would smack him upside the head for being so rude.

Abandoning his work Nalorakk finally lifted his head up to properly address Inessa. Nervously rubbing the side of his neck with his paw he back petaled hard on his previous statement, "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you like that." Frowning softly his eyes flicked down, eyeing up the number of supplies still scattered all over the forest floor. "Yeeeah, I suppose you could say that I am. I'm going to try to go train with medics outside of the pride."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Well wasn't he rude. She was about to just leave him to his own devices but then he apologized. She almost snapped back at him but knew that wouldn't solve anything. "I can help you pick those up if you like?" She offered sincerely, while she was upset at his initial reaction to her question she wasn't going to hold it against him.

She wasn't like that.

"That sounds exciting, I'm guessing you're going to be leaving soon then?" Given the amount of stuff he already had packed up. She started to gather a couple things here and there and placing them back in his satchel. "I know your mother and your sister, we played when I was younger a couple of times." She said to him, recognizing his markings instantly.  
Well now, if he thought he felt horrible about the way he snapped at her before it wasn't anything compared to how he felt when she offered to lend a hand. "Ah n-no miss, it's quite alright I g-got it! But thank you for the offer!" He nervously stuttered out as he dismissively waved a paw over the pile of discarded items.

Ah, well. There she went picking them up anyways.

Pinning his ears back against his head he lowered himself to the ground, scrambling to pick up as many things as he could before she had the chance to get to them. She might not have listened to him turn down her offer, but that didn't mean that he couldn't try to bear the brunt of the work.

"Yeah...I figured now that I'm an adolescence there was no better time to do it." Truthfully he knew with his personality if he didn't push himself to just do it that he was liable to procrastinate it forever. He didn't want to be one of those people who simply sat there dreaming about what they could have done in his old age.

Her statement gave him reason to pause. With a few confused blinks he peered up at her expectantly. "You know them? How bizarre, I haven't seen you around before." Letting out a small 'huh' he took the last fallen jar from her, stuffing it in his satchel before he closed it back up. "Thank you again for your help, you really didn't have to do that. Can I ask your name?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Aww, he wasn't so bad afterall. She smiled silently to herself as she watched him scramble to get to some of the things before she had a chance to grab anymore than what she had. "I don't mind, I shouldn't have startled you like I had." She commented.

She really had no cause to apologize but she could tell his was sorry, it was all over him. As she listened she gave a nod of her head, it was true. Now was definitly the time to start. She hadn't even really considered what she was going to do within the pride. She should probably do that soon. She wasn't getting any younger.

"I tend to keep to myself a lot. Well, I used to when I was still a young cub. But since I've gotten bigger I've tried to branch out more." She said with a grin, she was happy to have gotten to meet him so far. "I'm Inessa, what is your name?" She said introducing herself. "Your families markings are pretty noticeable, only reason I assumed it was your mother and sister." She could be wrong but given his earlier reply she figured she had guessed right.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:22 pm
"Ah no, you're fine." Letting out a short chuckle he lifted a paw, running it through the very short tuft of hair on his head. "I really should be more use to it, my sisters have decided to make a game of it." Truthfully, they had. Another reason he wanted to push himself to leave the pride as quickly as he could; with his sisters in the current phase they were in right now the poor boy was sure he'd be mostly gray from stress even before reaching adulthood.

With a small grin he gave short nods of acknowledgment as she continued. "Really? Well they do say two introverts doomed to be lonely." He jested, poking a jab at both his own loner reputation and seemingly her own.

"Well it's lovely to finally meet you, Inessa." He held out a paw to her to close off with a proper introduction. "I'm Nalorakk, though everyone says that's a mouthful so they just call me Nally." With a amused snort he lightly shook his head. "You might have met one of my half-sisters or my grandmother, we all kind of all look the same in our own right."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

That almost sounded a little mean of his siblings to do that. "I'm kinda glad my brothers don't do that to me." She was relieved to be honest, but her brothers and her weren't that close right now. She was a little sad about that.

"I suppose there isn't anything wrong with being lonely though." She sorta liked the peace and quiet of being lonely though at the same time she also hated it in a way. Maybe it was because she hadn't found someone she liked to be around just yet.

"I'ts nice to meet you Nally." She would have to remember his name. "It's likely. Do you have everything you need? Maybe I can help." She offered.  
"Eh, there is a fine line between quietly content alone and true loneliness." Something he had to learn first hand once his negative attitude had pushed away his closest friend. It was a slap to face and quickly taught him that if you continued to push people away that soon you'd find yourself left alone and miserable.

Despite it perhaps looking like he was repeating the same mistake going on his little self journey he wanted to do this for the people he loved. He wanted to prove he could be a better person than what he had previously shown them.

Letting out a quiet 'hmm' he leaned his weight back on his back legs. Food, herbs, his main sling and one back up, different medical supplies, emergency water he thought he was prepared. Course could one seriously ever be prepared for this large of a undertaking? He was honestly starting to have his doubts. "I don't really know, I tried to pack as much as I could carry. You saw all of it yourself. I'm not completely certain beyond the obvious what I should bring." He replied with a loose shrug.

Hm, it couldn't really hurt to get a second hand opinion on his list right? Nothing like a little team brain storming! Flashing a grin he peered expectantly at her, "I'm open to suggestions if you have any?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Which one are you?" She asked him curiously. She was probably more of the second one, though she did have her siblings to talk with on occasion, it just wasn't the same thing though. He was the first she had talked too since she had grown to an adolescent. As a cub she had met a number of the pride members but she had been curious and wanted to know everything back then.

No one much seemed interested in her these days.

She had an idea for him though. "IF you'd like, we can get you a new pack to carry stuff in that will keep it all organized to an extent? And lay everything out and see if anything is missing?" She offered, not sure if he'd like the idea or not. "Then I can maybe suggest some things from there."  
"I.." Huh. He had never actually sat down and thought where he fit into his own analogy. It was honestly a tough question! On one hand he preferred to stay alone, finding that if he spent too much time around people his energy would quickly get drained and he'd often snap into a grumpy mood. But on the other hand, he did miss having more people to hang around with when he was in the mood to be around people. All of his siblings had started to grow up and no longer had time to entertain their hermit brother, and he could admit that he didn't have any 'true' friends.

With a furrowed brow he finally looked up to greet Inessa once more. "I suppose the latter better suits me, though, it really depends on the day-to-day." He confessed honestly.

With a mild smile his demeanor perked up at her idea. "Yes, that sounds wonderful! Only if you don't mind and have the free time to spare, of course." He offered with a tilt of his head. "If not then...let's go?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:23 pm
"Well, there isn't anything wrong with that." Beaming she stood up and gave a little shake.

When he said her idea sounded good she was pleased as punch to say the least. "Oh I have the free time and I don't mind one bit. This will be fun!" Clearly she needed to get out more if she thought this was so exciting. She really didn't have a whole lot of friends which was something she was hoping to fix in the near future.

"Yes, let's go so we can get started."  
[IC] Nil'nocere Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff