Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:24 pm
The tan and red male was currently enjoing a nice drink from one of the local water spots. He had finally made himself comfortable within the pride and had gotten to know quite a number of the lionesses and even a couple of the males within the lands. Overall it was a pretty good place and he knew he wouldn't be there very long but would still make the most of it. Not to mention he was new blood and that was something the pride was likely in need of.

Since a number of them had been related to most of the leaders in the past. He could only imagine how that would make things difficult.

Finishing his drink he found a dead looking tree and leaned against it. What should he do today.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:25 pm
Mng'Ariza was finally getting her bearings migrating from one place to another. She had taken some helpful hints from the lionesses of the pride, and found her using them more and more. She was notating landmarks, smells and sounds that would help her navigating her way through the borderless pride.

Today, Riza had assisted in a hunt. Once crimson, now turning into a crusty brown stain was on her maw, indicating the prey she had helped hunt was either critically injured, or dead. With a group of lionesses, it was likely the latter of the options.

She did not particular like the feeling of the drying blood, so the lightly colored female headed towards the water hole to clean herself.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

As he rested, allowing his mind to wander, a figure began to come into view. It was one of the lionesses within the pride, though he hadn't met her yet. So this was another opportunity for him to get to know another female within the pride. He waited for her to grow closer since it seemed she was beelining right for the water.

"Good afternoon." He called out to her once she was in reasonable talking distance. He didn't much like shouting at others when having a conversation. "I don't believe we have met yet." He knew she knew who he was, everyone did. It was getting to know them that was the tricky part.  
The light colored lioness was a little taken aback, not expecting to see the male at the water hole. She’d thought he would be with their most recent kill, enjoying the small feast the lionesses had brought.

Her blue eyes gazed at the male, not having met this particular one either. Riza was slowly learning the lionesses names of the pride, and she was finding out that males sometimes did not last long in the pride before getting kicked out by another male (stronger? Riza never really questioned it).

She shook her head when he spoke. “No, I don’t think we have.” His pelt reminded her of her family – that natural color. A warm smile was brought to her lips. “My name is Mng’Ariza.” She introduced politely. “I'm uh...Still relatively new here.” she said a little sheepishly.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"It seems your hunt was fruitful?" He asked since she was a little bit covered in blood. That was good, that meant some of the members would be eating well today.

"Well, Ariza, I can call you Arizia yes?," He asked as he continued, "that makes two of us. I'm still fairly new myself." He chuckled glad to know that he wasn't the ONLY new member in the pride, save that he was a new male.  
Fruit..ful? Oh. Her blue eyes drifted down to where she could see the bits of red/brown. She smiled, nodding after a moment.

"Oh..yeah, there should be plenty if you are hungry," she said softly, licking her maw to try and rid the stain. She was not particularly hungry, or else she would've stayed and enjoyed the kill.

"Riza, actually," she corrected the male, although she would probably answer to Ariza if he continued to call her that.

"Oh?" She asked curiously, her smile continuing. "How long have you been here? She questioned. "Where did you come from before?" She wondered if he too had a pride before joining the Bonelands.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:26 pm
Mng'Ariza nodded as the male spoke. So they both were the same.

Her head tilted as she listened at the male's background story. "Did you just get to stay, or did you challenge another for the spot?" She was not sure how the bonelands traditions worked, but being as there wasn't many males she had come across, so she figured the spot was something that could be difficult to obtain. If it was easier, wouldn't there be more males compared to the females?

Riza didn't know. "I didn't like traveling the rogue lands when my pride dispersed." She said quietly. She was a family oriented girl. "I'm glad I stumbled across Quba on a migration." Or else she'd probably still be wandering the lands.  
"Oh, I get to stay for a time. But once a certain amount passes I'll be able to be challenged. We shall see how I fair against a new challanger." He commented wondering how long he might be able to stay in these lands. He wanted to help grow their numbers and bring in new blood to their lineage. He knew it was vital for any pride to survive so clearly he wouldn't be able to stay there forever.

"I'm glad you were able to find a home quickly then." He could only imagine how it must be to feel like that out in the rogue lands by oneself. "I am hoping to stay here for as long as possible though." He wanted to build relationships with these lionesses and be a beacon of support for them.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Riza nodded as she listened to Budek. It was such an interesting concept. "What of the male cubs that are born of the pride?" Being primarily a female base, she hoped the male cubs weren't culled at birth. She knew very little of the Bonelands traditions, and had not seen any litters about currently to see if there was such an act that happened here. She highly doubted it, but she had heard of such things in certain cultures.

Riza smiled. "Well, I hope you are here for a while too." She enjoyed speaking with the male. "It would be hard to see friends go, you know?" She said quietly. The pale lioness has the mentality that everyone she meets is a friend. Budek was no exception.

"I should get going. I'll see you around!" the kind lioness said with a smile, giving a small wave before heading off.  
She must be super new here. "They leave once they are adolescents." His voice was pretty monotone about it. While he understood why they had to leave it didn't mean he had to like the idea over all. But that was the way this pride was run and he couldn't exactly do much about that. He was just here for a short time himself so he tried not to dwell on it too much.

"I couldn't agree more. Hopefully I'll see you around soon." He said to her with a smile as he watched her walk off. With that he turned and headed back towards one of the spots he liked to lounge in.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas