[PRP] Hidden Depths (Hila and Mgbamizu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am
Dusk was Hila's very favorite time of day. With the sun a fading memory, light gently fading from the sky, the air would occasionally develop a slight chill. A light breeze might drift through the stillness, creeping along the grass and through his fur. It was truly the best time of day.

Hila stretched his pale, lithe limbs, and scratched small furrows into the dirt. He would often find himself restless as the sun set, but he would always wait until the fading light before his walks. He carefully paced away from the den, slipping quietly through the dim and slowly decreasing light.

He had no set destination in mind, but let his paws wander at will, wondering what or who he might find. He had an insatiable need to seek out and learn . . . well, anything. His mind was a desert and knowledge of any kind was water that he desperately, constantly thirsted for. There was nothing that he enjoyed more than conversing with his family and anyone else that he could, straining for secrets, small interesting little tidbits, juicy gossip about others that he could tuck away into the depths of his mind. He had a prodigious memory for such things and it delighted him to know secrets about others. Those hidden depths were priceless treasure to him.

He gleefully wondered what tonight would hold in store.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 am
Sherpuff

As the sun began to fade, Mgbamizu rose from his boulder perch. Still as quiet as ever were the borders. Maybe there was nothing out there? Maybe the N'ezi-ozu were the last lions. Who knew? The brown lion stretched his limbs, blinking his eyes in rapid succession. He'd better make it home before darkness fully consumed the land.

Trotting from his normal look out spot, golden eyes spotted the pale green male from the Elo family. While Mgbamizu knew quite a few lions, and had likely had met this male before, his name had escaped him. He slowed his trot to a walk, thoughts coursing through his mind as he tried to remember. It'd come to him. Maybe?

"Greetings," Mgbamizu called out to the other male, his voice soft. "Where are you off to this evening?"

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 pm
KasaiLoki

Hila had barely begun his walk and already he was being greeted! He turned, pleased to be addressed, and assessed the speaker.

He recognized his face and his name, though Hila was quite certain that he hadn't spoken to Mgbamizu from the Aguu family personally before. Well, perhaps in a group setting, but certainly not one on one such as this. What a marvelous opportunity.

"Greetings, Mgbamizu," he called back cordially, altering his course so he could stand close to the other lion for a conversation. "I simply enjoy the night air and often walk along the borders at this time," he added to answer the other's query. Recognizing that other N'ezi did not share his depth of memory, he decided to offer his name and spare any awkwardness on the other male's part.

"I am Hila, of Elo family. I don't believe that we've had the pleasure of speaking so freely to each other before. How are you," he asked, politely, smiling cheerfully.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm
Sherpuff

Hila! That was it. "Right!" So Mgbamizu did not have the best of memory when it came to other lions of the pride. "Elo family..." the venom family. He knew the clan names well enough. Shaking his head, the male agreed. "I think you are correct."

"Oh, I guess fine." Between his overprotective mother, his sister's mate trying to hook him up, and seeing his former childhood crush, Mgbamizu was probably anything but fine. His head had a constant whirlwind running through it that he did not know would ever end. "These Trials seem to making a few lions antsy. I kind of wish they were over," he stated to the other, rolling his shoulders forward in a small shrug.

His attention was brought back to what Hila said at first. "You patrol the borders as well? Ever see anything out there?" Mgbamizu asked with the hopeful tone.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:00 am
KasaiLoki

"Indeed," replied Hila as he listened attentively to the other male while mentally sizing him up. Hila was... rather good at reading others, at least in his own opinion, and he could tell there was a wealth of information that could be gained from Mgbamizu, but he wouldn't pry.

"Ah yes, the Trials," nodded Hila, his easy smile slipping, and he glanced away in distraction. In truth, the Trials were making more than a few lions antsy. It seemed that the entire N'ezi were on edge, though many members were doing well to hide their concern and would choose to speak on other things. The outcome would be decided soon enough, though Hila ached to know every juicy detail.

Shaking himself from reverie, Hila returned to the conversation. "Indeed, I like to walk along the borders at night. So intriguing, so mysterious. Sometimes, I feel as though I have seen something, but the mind does love to play tricks, doesn't it," he chuckled. "In truth, I am not sure if there is anyone else out there at all. And even if there is, there is plenty to keep us occupied within the families. How are things with your family, if you don't mind my asking, of course?"

Perhaps he would pry, just a little bit, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:53 am
Sherpuff

His ears twitched, eyes lighting up just slightly when Hila mentioned he may have saw something. But, when he followed up with how it could have just been his mind playing tricks, his hopes faded. "Yeah, it's a funny thing, the mind." He knew what Hila was talking about. Mgbamizu wanted to see that there were others out there (there just had to be!) that he was sure his brain would try to imagine something to satisfy him.

"I don't mind." Mgbamizu was a pretty open book. "They are...as good as they could be." The Aguu started. "Akwa is all married off to the Akaraaka's, and my mother, Keoyi - one of the Di-anyi's," he described, in case Hila did not know of his family, "is as overbearing as ever." Being her only son, he expected it. However, there were days Mgbamizu wished Akwa was still in the family, maybe then she would be not as overprotective. It was up to him to continue their family line for the Aguu, to keep his father's name alive.

"Mothers." He grunted, golden eyes rolling.

"How is your family?" The brown male did not remember if Hila had living relatives, but at least their clans were also families to the N'ezi-ozu.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces