Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Rain, Rain, Go Away (Kione & Nyarai)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:39 am
User Image

Ugh, he hated weather like this. It was dark and dreary, with heavy rainfall pelting down from the sky. Weather like this always left him feeling achy, and it confined him to his den, since there wasn't very much cover in their pridelands. And if you did have the misfortune to get caught in it, you were left soaked to the bone almost instantly, which could lead to sickness. All in all, it brought nothing but misery.

Kione huffed, curling his paws under his chest as he gazed out the entrance to his cave. He was perched right at the exit, not feeling like hiding himself away at this very moment, and was assessing his chances to find food. He'd just woken up, and was ready to try and find a good meal (hopefully an easy one), when he'd walked out to find this.

Now his plans were dashed, and it was looking like he would have to settle with an empty stomach. Great.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 am
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Did anybody actually like the rain? Nyarai had woken up before the downpour had started and had already made it to the watering hole when the heavens opened; the rain wasted no time in soaking her orange pelt. The lioness was rushing back home, shoulders rolling as strong legs pelted the ground. Rain or not, she was out on a hunt with the other Lionesses today and all she could do was hope for better weather when it was time for their gathering to set out. For now, all she wanted to do was find warmth and shelter.

The cave she shared with her brother was too far away, and with every second she spent outside the heavier her fur got. Probably unlucky for Kione, his was the shelter that was closest to her at the time. “Kione, can I join you?” She called to him, her words shaking as they left her lips due to the cold. This is what she got for being such an early riser. She almost cursed her brother for still being asleep.

Nyarai did not really give him much of a choice, even as she spoke she was approaching the entrance to his den, ready to jump over him if she had to.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 pm
It took Kione a moment to register the orange form streaking towards him. (which was sort of funny, since he probably should have seen her coming a mile away) When he did notice, the white lion narrowed his eyes. There weren't that many orange lions in the pride, and he just so happened to know at least one orange-pelted female. Why she was in the rain and not tucked away at home with her brother, he didn't know.

And on that note... why was she running towards him? Where did she think she was heading?!

His ears flicked at her call, a scowl growing across his face at her words. He wasn't a fan of people coming into his den. It was his sanctuary, his place of rest. He opened his mouth to retort that she could keep walking, when he realized that she most certainly wasn't stopping, and judging by the look on her face, probably wasn't planning to regardless of what he said.

Sure enough, he had to roll himself over to the side to make sure he didn't get run over. Grumbling unhappily, Kione turned around to stare at her, disdainfully wrinkling a nose at the smell of wet fur. "Nyarai..." He sighed, "Why on earth are you out in this rain?"

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:17 pm
MangoMeow

“I was getting a drink.” She scowled slightly, noting the irony that if she had just stayed in bed an hour longer she would have drank from the puddle that always formed in their enteranceway. She glided passed the male, going slightly deeper into his den before shaking violently. The orange blur shooting water droplets soon settled into a mass of very unruly fur that stood on end, making her look a lot bigger than she actually was. It only served to make her pout more.

It was then that she turned around, looking at the pale blue male that was laid on his side. She realised it was rather rude to invite herself into another lions den, but like most others, she hated the rain. What pleasure she got out of it as a cub had long been lost. The lioness turned, laying down to join him in the entranceway to his home, looking out at weather, unamused. By the looks of the clouds; thinking it would pass before today's hunt was too hopeful.

She rested her chin on her front paws, trying to blow her long hair out of her face, though it remained stuck to her forehead and cheeks. “Hunting in the mud is not going to be fun.” She mumbled to herself in a tone of voice that just dripped with sarcasm, vibrant eyes finally drifting to look at Kione, begging forgiveness.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:54 pm
The pale lion cringed as she shook herself out, throwing water all over his den. Aaaand now he would have to wait for it to dry before he could take a nap later. Harrumphing, he was just about to make a comment on how she could have just drank some of the rain water at home, before she plopped herself beside him.

Kione heaved himself back up onto his stomach, ignoring the pulsing ache that formed after he'd rolled out of the way, and tucked his paws back under him. He opened his mouth to snap a retort, unhappy about the unexpected company he'd found himself with, before noticing the look on her face. It was like a kicked jackal pup. Ugh, fine. He'd put up with it for now.

He snorted instead in response, "Glad I'm not you." Though he did need food as well, he thought with a grimace. "I doubt the rain is going to stop any time soon."

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 pm
MangoMeow

Nyarai did not move as he sat back up on his belly, towering over her. She always thought there was some growth spurt waiting for her, but it seemed like any hope of that had passed with age. She was a lean lioness, long and close to the ground. Every male in the Pride seemed to dwarf her, none more than her brother. The orange female let out a sigh of relief, edging slightly closer as if to steal his warmth. The water seemed to have seeped through to her bones, she was shaking.

Though she smiled, glad she was not getting scolded too harshly for her rudeness. “You are too cruel to me Kione, here I was planning to bring you back some dinner to help ease the pain of my intrusion.” She scoffed as she rolled her eyes, laughing lightly. Nyarai did not know Kione too well and was unsure if he disliked her or company in general. Vibrant eyes kept ahead, staring intently as she silently prayed for the rain to halt.

It was then that she sneezed, her head shaking and her ears flapping uncontrollably. ”Excuse me.” She sniffled and sighed, her nose twitching.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 pm
Kione shifted a little uncomfortably, not used to someone trying to get close to him, let alone someone soaking wet. He let out a quiet snort when he felt her shivering. Well, she shouldn't have been out in the rain then.

He was ready to ignore her from that point on, debating just taking a nap right then and there, but her next words had him perking up. "You would?" The prospect of dinner being brought to him appealed greatly to the grumpy lion, but still, he narrowed his eyes at her, before turning his head back outside. "I mean, it would only be right to make up for interrupting my rest." He said that nonchalantly with his chin jutting up, the pride his family was known for rearing it's head.

Her sneeze had that changing to a flat expression, ears pulled back in annoyance. With an exasperated glance at Nyarai, Kione eyed her shivering form before deciding that he if was going to have to suffer her presence during this storm, he would rather do it without the constant sniffling. He let out a slightly snarled groan, "Good lord, fine," and then whipped his tail around her. "You may as well come closer. You'll get warmer faster." He snorted again, louder this time, "And you won't turn into a living puddle of sickness."

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 am
MangoMeow

Bright orange eyes looked up at the male; fixed on his for a moment as she paused, unmoving from shock. However, she decided she was not going to wait for a second invitation or give Kione a chance to change his mind. The young lioness scouted, pressing her side against his and resting her face in the thick fur of his mane. She exhaled and closed her eyes, her muscles visibly relaxing as she felt his warmth; a purr echoing in her throat. ”Kione, you are so fluffy.” She stated in awe; she and Khwezi both shared a fur texture that leant on the shorter side, nothing like this silky glory.

”No wonder you like napping so much if you have all this wonderful fur to cushion you, I am so jealous.” She grumbled softly, a small yawn escaping her lips.

She could just fall asleep in it.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:59 pm
It had been a long time since anyone had gotten this close to him. Probably not since his mother, actually. So the feel of another lion against him was foreign. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, he wondered, but he did notice that he was starting to get used to it. The purring was starting to lull him back into a doze.

Or it had been, until she spoke up. Her words had him snorting and rolling his eyes. "I like napping because it's comfy and passes the time." 'And I don't have to deal with other people,' he added inwardly. He glanced side-long at her, "You do realize that had you napped a bit longer yourself, you wouldn't have been in this storm, right?"

Kione paused here, noticing her falling asleep beside him. It was probably for the best. He'd be forced to keep up conversation otherwise, and he'd much rather sleep away the storm instead. Plus - and he'd deny it with his dying breath later - it was sort of nice having a warm body next to his, even if she was wet and sinking her nose in his mane.

With a sigh, the white lion set his head down on his paws and went back to his rain-gazing.

Z o m b i k ii
End with next post, maybe?

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces