Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Practice Makes Perfect (R'gan, G'er & dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:25 am
SkieBorne
Is this alright?

"Ready Bas?" R'gan asked, tossing the heavy leather ball back and forth between his hands.
Always! he said, crouched low ready to take off.

R'gan had a decent arm, but even he couldn't throw the ball high enough for the swift blue to catch it. Fortunately, a little innovation and a leather sling made up for that. He launched the ball across the lake, the unfrozen water providing a safety net in case the blue should fall. Hopefully it would stay like that ahead of their first paired flights next month. Of course, it was little more than a precaution now. It was still a few weeks before their first paired flights, but the dragons had been flying now for a while.

This was a way to practice- take offs, landings, and manuverability within the air. But more than that, it was a way for R'gan to feel involved when Basanuth could soar and he was still chained to the ground.

Not for long! The blue trilled joyously as he took off after the target. Soon they would soar together, and his heart ached for that time. Until then, he took over the thrown projectile before turning an elegant corkscrew and catching it in his front claws. He landed by the shore of the lake, dropping it into the hands of his rider.

"You're getting really good at this!" R'gan said proudly, wrapping his arms around the blue's nose. "Alright.. ready to go again?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Ironith was out sunning on the sands near the lake, his wings draped across the ground and his eyes whirling a lazy blue-green as he soaked in the warmth. The weather had a tendency to turn grey this time of year and when the sun did shine, the bronze was eager to take every bit of advantage as he could – especially when he was freshly oiled and feeling particularly handsome.

His quiet sun soak, however, was interrupted as Basanuth raced out after something with a great sweep of his wings, flipping mid-air to catch a ball. The motion was interesting enough to draw the wingleader's attention and he shifted just slightly to watch for a few moments more.

Privately, he reached out to his rider, Mine, blue Basanuth is playing with a ball with His... it may be worth watching. Are you able to set up your work on my weyr ledge? We had asked others for their opinions of the weyrlings and here this one is conveniently playing in full view.

G'er paused in his paperwork as the warmth of his dragon's voice washed over him, a smile playing across his face. The joy and contentment always bled through the bond to bouy up his own mood when the other sunbathed... and the request wasn't unreasonable.... and was one of the many reason his desk was the small portable kind. Sometimes it was just better to work near your dragon.

I can, yes. You'll have to mostly be my eyes though... I've got a great deal of paperwork to do, a number of harnesses are beginning to wear thin and a few other supplies issues need to be dealt with – boring stuff. G'er replied as he stood then hefted the small desk, paperwork, snacks, and beverage all then trundled across his living quarters to the dragon's ledge. It was cooler outside so he set the desk down and fetched his riding jacket to guard against the chill as he worked.

Settling in, the wingleader's gaze found the lake and the blue pair practising. A few had started to truly stand out to him but if they stood out, it also meant other wingleaders were paying attention as well... and in the end, he only had so much say as the Flightleaders were the ones to distribute the Weyrlings. Perhaps he should speak to N'zol sometime soon... What's so interesting?

Just watch..., came the reply.

DruidTigeress
Quite alright!~

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:47 am
Launching the ball again, the blue took off across the lake to catch it, quite unaware that they were being watched. This time he made a sharp bank, plucking it out of the air gently with his teeth.

R'gan reached up to scratch his eye ridge as the blue bent down to return the ball. "We've been doing this for nearly a full candle mark now. Are you not bored?" he asked, though he had a feeling he already knew the answer. He rubbed his arm, which was starting to get tried. He wouldn't be able to throw it as far forever.

R'gan laughed. You're already doing great, Bas. It looked completely smooth to me!
His eyes spun with steady determination and R'gan knew there would be no arguing with him.

He pulled his head back, yellow steaks of uncertainty swirling through his eyes. Surely His would understand?
"No, you're right." R'gan quickly reassured him, shaking his head. It didn't matter if the bronzes or the browns made mistakes too. Anyone who was given a fact that reinforced their world view would seize upon it. That was a natural human habit. The best way to expose the hypocrisy was to give them no reason. But shells if Basanuth's pace wasn't relentless...

He smiled. "Alright. Lets do it again. I'll watch more closely this time too." he said, trying to match him in determination. If his dragon was trying so hard, he had to do better as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 pm
The blue pair lingered a moment on the beach and G'er wished he could hear whatever exchange was happening – he'd long ago learned to discern when a mental conversation was occurring between rider and dragon. It had take him a bit of time to learn to balance listening mentally with listening audibly and there was a certain expression riders wore when listening mentally.

So far, nothing out the ordinary, G'er responded, amused. Something had caught the bronze's attention, that was certain, and Ironith wasn't one to usually just summon him away from work without reason. I swear, if you're trying to set me up with R'gan, I'm going to be displeased, Iro.

The bronze's amused rumble was loud as he rolled in the sand suddenly, the laughter like music in G'er mind, Mine, if I were trying to link the two of you, I would pick both a better time and closer quarters for such a thing.

G'er set his lips, not entirely believing his dragon as he watched the pair set up for another round of catch.
DruidTigeress

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers