Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Dark as the Night (Isithunzi & Mgbamizu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:47 pm
Midnight. Moonlight. Everything just a beautiful cascade of dark blue velvet dotted with the odd twinkling of bright stars that now and then was muted with the blotting of the clouds. It was a beautiful night tonight to say the least and the dark lady of the Agadi family - Isithunzi - was more than happy to take a stroll across the landscape the enjoy it, every now and then glancing over the open horizon in the distance with the quietest hint of curiousity that was stifled out immediately as a fleeting fancy.

Nothing could've beaten the view of the sky here in her opinion, the open skies, the fat moon in the sky. Once she'd found a nice patch of ground she laid her way down and enjoyed the sight from her splayed out venture, practically fading into the shadows with how her dark pelt tickled with the surrounding darkness. With only her bright red eyes and the beads of her ornaments standing out.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mgbamizu had managed to get away from his doting mother. Although he was full grown, the lioness was always keen on making sure he was safe, even if that meant keeping the watchful eyes on him the majority of the time. She was slumbering now, and Mgbamizu was sure if he was out too long she’d probably have some sort of mother senses and wake up to his missing form. Females were weird that way.

But he couldn’t dwell on that now! A midnight stroll was something he did not get to do often, so when he found the opportunity to do so he took it.

He was happily strolling through the pride, until his sight settled on the dark lioness. The male halted, watching Isithunzi through his golden eyes. His heart thumped wildly in his chest. There was so much history between the two, yet here he was, like a deer in the headlights, not approaching her. He took a gulp of fresh air, calming himself before approaching the female.

“…Hey…Isi…” he greeted quietly. “It’s uh…been awhile…no?” He probably could have thanked Keoyi for that.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:10 pm
There we often other walkers during the night, she just hadn't expected it, every now and then it'd be her brother who'd use the dark to sneak up on her. Especially when they were youngsters that seemed much too far gone nowadays. What she hadn't expected was someone like Mgbamizu to be out at this time of night - not with the mother he had at least.

So when she heard his voice, one soft black ear swiveled his way first before her red eyes settled on the green and brown male for a beat or two of silence until finally responding with a small smile and a slight chuckle. Pushing herself to her paws as she watched him.

"A while?" She started, the playful amusement still tickling her throat. "If it weren't for the Amusu not calling for rites, I'd have almost assumed you'd died with how little I see of you nowadays." The amusement faded, if slightly, a little sour on the topic but it was obvious she didn't want it to be sour.
Mgbamizu had been a good friend as a cub and she'd missed that.

"So! What are you doing out this late? Your mother might not approve."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 am
Lightning Shadow X

Mgbamizu shifted uncomfortably on his feet. “Yeah…I’m sorry about that,” he turned his golden eyes away from female for a moment as thoughts started to berate his brain. Things should have gone differently in the past, and Mgbamizu knew that. However, they didn’t, and it left the relationship with him and Isithunzi strained.

“We should start uh…you know, hanging out again. Just like old times.” He didn’t think their relationship would escalate past friendship the way it once had when they were younger. Mgbamizu had changed, and he was sure Isi had as well.

“Just, strolling the pride. Sometimes it is the only time to get away from mother’s ‘watchful eye’” since his sister had gone to the Akaraaka family, the brown lion was feeling more and more like a cub with the protectiveness of his mother. He was grateful but, he still was a grown lion.

“How have you been though? You look great!” He flashed a smile to the female. “Are you excited to see who the next Onyeisi is?”  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm
The lion's words perked the dark female's ears, mostly because she was just taking in his voice again, she'd missed it, she'd missed him, not just because of what had been blossoming ages back...that wasn't going to work now, no she missed the friendship they'd had. And his offer to regrow that old seed pushed a small smile to her muzzle as she watched him.

"Like old times? I hope that doesn't mean anymore 'adventures' I'd have to drag you along as a cub." Another playful poke, but it was just to settle the tension and worry she could see partly in him and feel like a back up torrent in herself, he didn't deserve any berating for having a worried mother. Though from her expression she approved of him atleast trying to get some time to himself, he was a grown up after all. "And I'm okay? You should see Giza, he's grown just as big and fluffy-necked as you have..no more pretending to be one another when we were youngsters to confuse the adults anymore."

The topic of the Onyeisi arched a brow, she'd not been thinking of that, mostly because it was a difficult topic to think of, this was a big blow for the pride to take and now two brothers had to do the trials...right? Ugh it was all confusing.

"Long as those two don't get themselves killed seeing who'll be the next one, I can't bare to see Juu suffer anymore loss...even if death is an important part of life."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm
Lightning Shadow X

“As long as you don’t drag me into dangerous situations that will get a scolding from the elders or worse, my mother.” Mgbamizu joked. “I don’t think we have the cublike looks anymore to get us out of some situations like they did in the past.” The Aguu reminisced, sighing contently.

“I’ll have so see if I can meet up with Giza again too. You two were great at confusing everyone.” He was jealous he never had an identical twin growing up. One time he tried to darker his pelt by rolling in the mud, that did little for his appearance, and left him with a long bath time afterwards.

Mgbamizu nodded in agreement. “I’ll have to visit Juu too one of these days. Since Akwa is married to Obiike, I guess we are closer family?” The lion shrugged at the relations. He never knew what family ties would be, only those directly related. That meant his two sisters and his mother.

“I wonder if we a new Onyeisi may bring a change to the lands.” With all the hardship the pride had gone through, Mgbamizu wondered if a change would be for the better.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:27 pm
The lioness smirked playfully for a moment. "Goodness knows I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with your mother, wont see you till you're gray if that happens." She watched him as he spoke and she was just comfortably sat there and watching her old friend with intrigue at how much he'd change and how much he spoke of.

"Change to the lands? You think some of the older generations will approve of that?" It was a small jab but she then looked over the starlit sky for a moment or two. "Might be a breath of fresh air though, who knows we might know some news about the outside world."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 am
Lightning Shadow X

Mgbamizu could not help but snort at her comment. "More like until one of use dies, and it'd probably be me first, as I don't think mother will go so easily." His mom was definitely a fighter.

The brown lion shrugged inwardly. "Er---Probably not." He stated truthfully. "But...with as much this pride has gone through within the last few years it may be needed. I'm sure the older generation would come around to the idea, once they saw what benefits it could bring." He thought out loud. Truth be told, Mgbamizu just wanted to hear the stories of what the outside world had to offer. Surely there had to be more than what the N'ezi-ozu had to offer? The lion would never leave the pride, but was always open to other ideas.

His golden gaze too looked up at the stars. "I've missed this." He said absentminded. Being around Isithunzi and just talking.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:53 pm
Huffing an amused snort at the mention of him passing before his mother, Isi just smiled and watched him as he spoke inbetween glancing over the sky.

"Mh, we've been cloistered for so long...but then I do love the pride, I just think we're missing news that might be important and as you said, benefits for us in the future." She did love the pride, as secluded as it'd been it had the benefit of being close knit and tight with its bonds, especially during the bad times they'd all shouldered the burden of together.

At his absentminded comment, Isi felt a slightly somber pang in her chest that she brushed aside for a much more happier feeling. She'd missed this as well, she'd missed him mostly, more than just for the affection - she'd missed his friendship.

"Can only hope for more meetings like this, hm?" She smiled his way. "Though genuinely I don't want you getting in trouble with your mother, even if you are full grown."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:53 pm
Lightning Shadow X

"I think...she will learn to accept it?" He said to the lioness. "She's gotta loosen the hold sometime, might have well start now." He grimaced slightly. "Besides, if I just tell her I am going for a hunt, then she couldn't really argue of who I would be hunting with...benefitting the pride as a whole." Mgbamizu thought out loud.

"Let's plan it then. Maybe not a midnight meeting like this --- I feel that would only rouse her suspensions. Perhaps a proper gathering during the daylight hours?" He offered with a smile.

Looking up at the sky, Mgbamizu sighed. "I really should be going though, Isi." He said to the female, walking over to her to give her a small headbutt, as he had normally done when they were growing up. "I promise we won't be strangers anymore."

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:50 pm
Isi listened to him in silence as he spoke about how to get out and around and how his mother would eventually yield, even if it wasn't directed to her she had to give him the sympathy he deserved...nobody really deserved to be treated like a cub. And then he mentioned planning, it brought an amused huff out of her and she smiled as she moved to return the headbutt.

"Just stay outta trouble, okay Mgba?" She raised a paw to ruffle at his thick mane in a playful noogie. "And I know we won't."

KasaiLoki

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff