Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Grumpy cloud grumping (Urupuru & Nyarai)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He was a protector, he had been a protector since he was an adolescent. He wasn’t exactly old but he wasn’t young either, his youth was long gone, he had been born during the plague and he spoke very little of it. Those times, they were bad, they were bad for everyone and he remembered them vividly.

His own children were old enough to take responsibility for their own lives now, the problem was, they were questioning things. The tightness he felt in his chest when his children spoke about change, about the outside world.

A recent conversation with his oldest son had left him shaken and angry and when he felt this way he patrolled. Walking and allowing his mind to wander helped his emotional wellbeing. He needed time alone, time to think before he broached the subject with his mate and with the rest of his family. Why couldn’t his eldest son just go out and find a nice girl and forget all of these, questions. He definitely needed more time to think.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm
Syrius Lionwing

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Urupuru’s youth might have left him; however, Nyarai was deep in the throes of young adulthood. No longer an adolescent, but far from a respected member of the Pride, she was still trying to find her footing amongst her family. As for now, the Lioness was trying to make herself useful and today that translated into scouting for previsions; tracking pray before tonights hunt with her sisters. The orange female jogged slightly, slender shoulder muscles rolling as her paws stroked the ground. She was small and lean, elegant on her feet like most young females.

She was not expecting to catch sight of the white lion, a lot bigger and more regal than she. Being born into the family of Aghugho, Nyarai knew the faces and names of most of the Pride and was not shy about approaching them. Their numbers were so few of them now, many wiped out during the plague; a time before she could remember. “Urupuru?” She called out, approaching him from behind, her jog slowing into a gentle walk as she found herself by the older males side. The lioness did not usually run across anyone on her patrol and her face framed her confusion.

She wondered what he was doing? By the looks of it; nothing much. He seemed very much lost in his thoughts.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 am
It wasn’t very often that he was startled but his name pulled him from his deep reverie. He blinked owlishly for a moment and almost called the young lioness by the name of his mate, his mouth even opened to address her so. A few, less than subtle blinks pulled his brain out of the doldrums though and back to the reality of the present.

“Nyarai, how can I help you?” He managed after a moment of thought. He had been a protector whos whole life, he knew virtually everyone by sight if not by name, the pride, the pride was not large enough for him to not know the pelts of the youngsters. He took pride in that fact

His odd duel coloured eyes rested on the young female and for a heart beat he almost questioned why she was here. She would be a hunter he supposed out looking for a herd to feed the pride upon. “You should be careful walking so close to the borders alone, you would be wiser to bring your sisters or your mate with you.” He grumbled, names he knew relationships he did not, after all it wasn’t his place to know other families business unless it affected his own. A young female out so close to the edge alone disturbed him though, so he could at least scold a little.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:53 am
Syrius Lionwing

“I was going to ask you the same thing.” She responded when he offered his help; raising a brow ever so slightly as a concerned expression came over her face. Nyarai was not a nosey female, she did not want to pry into private business, so her words came from a place of worry rather than curiosity. She would not go as far to say she knew Urupruru well, but she had been around him enough to know that he did not usually look so unfocused. He was a protector so by his roles very nature he was always very on the ball; otherwise, he would not be fit for such a role. The very fact she had been able to startle him from behind was evidence enough that something was wrong. “Is everything okay?” She added, probingly.

Her passe dropped slightly at his words, her ears flattening for a split second before they once again stood tall and erect. Nyarai knew he was scolding her, but thought she would let it slide given the situation and his apparent mood. Not that she would ever talk back to one of her elders anyway. “With such thin resources it is not wise to patrol in groups, I do not plan to confront any trouble or task solo, just relay information that can be used to come up with a strategy when the hunt begins. If I came across anything sinister, well I trust my legs to carry me home.” Confident, she knew she was fast, that her legs were strong.

“And I do not have a mate, a brother yes. He is the male I am seen with most of the time.” She corrected him, no offence in her tone. Nyarai had never been approached about such matters; the pride, though small was full of very beautiful lionesses, divided into either very light or very dark pelts. Nyarai and her brother were orange and vibrant; very inelegant and rather dull compared to the others. With very few bachelors in the Pride as it, she was not expecting an offer anytime soon.

In many ways that suited her. The lioness had always been independent and rather intimidated when it came to feelings of affection.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:41 am
Z o m b i k ii

The pale male tilted his head a little, his brows furrowed, he didn’t particularly like to be corrected but he wasn’t usually this incorrect when it came to families. “Still, even as thinly spread as we are you should not be out alone.” he grumbled his ears twitching in his pale mane.

“You are too young to have worries about children young lady but I have those particular worries. Children, when they get old enough they cause you nothing but worries.” He cleared his throat, there was little point in complaining to the young female.

He paused for a moment to consider his next words, it concerned him that she was out here alone, so he could offer only one course of action “I will come with you until you find the herd. You should not be out here alone.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 am
Syrius Lionwing

Nyarai looked at him confused for a moment, it seemed there really was something on his mind. “So, is that is what is worrying you? Your children?” The orange lioness was thinking out loud, raising a brow to add to her perplexed expression. He was right, she was far too young to be worrying about children. However, too close to the age for her brothers comfort. The fine line between adolescent and adult that only meant trouble for everyone around.

“Well, if you are going to offer me company; I will not refuse it.” She smiled, nodding her head as she continued heading in the direction they were wondering in. Though admittedly, she was now more curious about what his kids had done to put his back up than finding the herd.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 am
Z o m b i k ii
fin?

The big pale male raised a brow at the lioness. “You’ll learn, when you’re old enough.” He shakes his head, he really didn’t want to discuss this matter with the younger lioness. “Tradition young one, is very important, just remember that.” Again he felt like he was teaching, she probably didn’t want to hear it. The younger generation had their own ideas, as much as he disliked that, he wanted his children to obey, he knew he couldn’t force them.

“Come, we should get you home before the sun sets.” The gray lion turned away from the younger lioness, she had given him more to think about, could he convince others to listen? It was a question he would have to put to his mate. The younge rlioness had certainly allowed him to think about the issues he was having, she was giving him food for thought.

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games