Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Misery Loves Company (Hadassah x Persaon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am
User Image

Strong and vicious thunderstorms were rare on the open lands, but when they did strike, they were brutal. Rain lashed at the long grass, dark clouds churned overhead, and flashes of lightning provided the only strong light, briefly illuminating the chaos.

Hadassah hunkered down and eyed the landscape with distaste. Poor Gad could not stop shivering at her side, so she shifted and made an attempt to wrap her warm fur a little closer to the miserable bird. He shot her a grateful look, but kept silent.

It was only sheer luck that they'd been able to find this shelter moments before the storm had hit. No one could really call it a cliff face, as it was more a large stone formation that was peppered with small pockets. Hadassah had been lucky enough to find one of the larger ones that provided enough space for her and the bird. This particular cave seemed to stretch back deeper, but in the poor light, she didn't feel like exploring and disturbing anyone who happened to be deeper in the cave. It was impossible to smell if it was occupied thanks to the sheets of rain, but there was no way she was going to subject Gad to this weather and her claws could protect them both if need be.

A large peal of thunder split the air and Hadassah flinched, wondering when this misery would let up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When one lived long enough in the rogue lands it eventually became second nature to read the whims of mother earth. Persaon had woken that morning to a charged air and wicked wind, whipping through the plains without mercy. The chill reminded him of the storm he had weathered once too close to the Stormborn and how he had been worried they might happen upon him before it had passed enough to escape. Crafty and seasoned though he was, the older leopard had no doubt that their warriors would best him even one on one.

It was enough of a reminder for him to have purposefully sought out a nice, unclaimed piece of territory well before the sky opened and drenched the earth in its wrath. It was luck, perhaps, that he had even found a small cave system that would let him hide for however long was necessary.

He had only just finished exploring and was set to return and watch the storm from the safety and warmth of his dry cave when he realized that he was no longer alone among the rocky darkness. Hesitant, he slowed his pace and did his best to conceal his bright silvery pelt amongst the shadows. There was no reason to bumble up and facecheck what could be a threat, after all.

It was with some small relief that he saw the second leopard though he knew it was not necessarily a safe bet. Still, it seemed foolish for her to pick a fight when they both had the same idea. Instead, he pulled on his best smile and took a few pointed steps forward into the bit of light the crackling streaks of lightening allowed.

"I see that I am not the only one hiding from this storm today."

Sherpuff

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:53 pm
Hadassah did not like surprises. And she was generally a very alert and cautious leopardess. So it was unlike her to become so distracted watching the hellish weather that she let her guard down. However, she did and so she was quite rudely surprised to hear a voice from behind her.

It was with the most studied restraint that she kept herself from screaming and merely growled. She did not leap out of her skin, but her claws scratched deep into the packed dirt layer on the stones beneath her. Gad flapped free with alarm as she stood and placed herself between the small bird and the owner of the voice.

She was surprised to see that it was another leopard, not the lion or even hyena that she was dreading. Another leopard might not constitute a threat and perhaps she wouldn't have to use her claws or flee into the storm outside. It took a moment to let her breathing calm down before she guardedly replied.

"It would appear not," she half growled, glaring at the silvery male. Although, she couldn't really be too angry, Hadassah reasoned to herself, as it was obvious that the male had occupied the cave first and she'd been remiss in not checking.

Reluctantly, she sat down, hiding Gad behind her flank.

"I rather hope you won't make me leave. It would seem there is enough space to share without too much discomfort until this stops," she added as she carefully waited for his response.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:31 pm
Silence took Persaon for a long moment as she spoke on a growl, giving him the freedom to let his gaze sweep from her flexed claws to the flapping feathers attempting to hide behind her postured form. He didn't expect anyone to be particularly keen on being surprised but it would seem that she was particularly on edge. No matter, he supposed.

Those pale jade eyes landed at last upon her face (or what little of it he could see in the shifting darkness) without letting his fixed smile slip from his own. He had not taken a step forward or moved to invade her space since she bolted upright and he hoped, at least, that would help her see that he really did not mean her any ill will. It was hard to trust others, he knew, even if he was a leopard of fairly good moral standing.

"No, I wouldn't dream of such a thing," as he shook his head, the dark puff of hair atop his crown shifted in the air. He was dry as a bone, suggesting that he'd had the forethought to hide well before the rain broke, but he didn't need to have been caught in it to know that it would be particularly unpleasant for anyone. "I'd much rather you took a respite here, you and your friend. I can assure you I mean no harm."

Then, after a brief drop of his gaze to the tail feathers he could just barely make out where they poked from behind her hocks, "I'll even head back to the interior if it will make it easier."

Sherpuff

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:25 pm
Felyn

The stranger had made it quite clear that he wasn't a threat at this point, to her or to Gad. The thought made Hadassah sigh in relief and she visually relaxed. Somewhat. She also realized that she was being rude and though that didn't usually bother her, he was as stuck in this storm as she was and she certainly wasn't making it any more pleasant.

She settled back down, slowly, and Gad hopped his way around her to examine the leopard. The small avian gazed politely for a few beats, silently, and then settled his feathers down and began to preen. That gesture said a lot. Gad might not say much out loud, but Hadassah always trusted his judgment.

"No," said Hadassah at last, "You don't need to. I apologize for my rather violent response. You just.... caught me off guard. You are welcome to stay up here if you like, there's plenty of room."

The thunder rang loud enough to silence her and ring in her ears for a moment before she could speak again.

"I'm Hadassah. And this is Gad."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:37 pm
Sherpuff

Persaon watched quietly as the avian made his cautious way back in front of the leopardess- it was wise, he thought, as it put the green pelted female between himself and the storm. The silvery male did his best to smile at the feathered fowl before it seemed to dismiss his presence as unimportant which, he gathered, was as good of a reaction as any he was likely to get. Too, the leopardess seemed to take it as such and settled back down.

"That's quite alright, I understand the hesitance. Not everyone is as apt to be as kind as I am, I know that much myself. Had it been a lion you might have had.. quite a different meeting." He shrugged off her apology and sat slowly, only a fraction closer, but enough that he didn't have to try yelling above the cracks of thunder booming outside of the cave mouth. "To be honest, I rather prefer it. Souls that are too accepting are somewhat unnerving to me, it suggests..," he paused, hesitating over his words and free opinion suddenly, "well, forgive me for saying so, but it suggests a lack of common sense."

The words were accompanied by a weak smile, suggesting that he knew he was being a bit judgmental.

"I'm Persaon, it's a pleasure."  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 pm
Felyn

Ironically, the mildly judgmental comment on the part of the male leopard was what finally gave Dassah a chance to relax, which she did so with only a slightly visible sigh. She agreed completely and she wouldn't hesitate to say so.

"Exactly," she said with a quiet chuckle. "It definitely confirms a lack of common sense. We all need to be careful," she trailed off with a glance toward Gad.

The bird returned her stare for a moment before continuing the preen out his feathers. Hadassah took that for the hint that it was and continued the conversation. After all, it was the best way to pass time in this horrible storm that didn't appear to be letting up anytime soon.

"Persaon, it's nice to meet you, even in these strange circumstances. I am glad you are another leopard," she stated firmly. "I don't care for lions at all. Bullies, the lot of them. So, how did you get caught in this storm? Are you from around here?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:11 am
Persaon chuckled at her as she admitted to disliking lions - so few of their kind often looked upon the group fondly. He was neutral in most circumstances but put in a situation with his back against the wall and luck not on his side and he was damned unlikely to bet on them not trying to harm him. There had been a few exceptions but in his experience it was still always wise to defend first and ask questions later.

"I can't blame you, what are the chances of the two of us finding the same cave in the same storm?" He smiled, politely, and not just a little charming.

Relaxed now by both her own easy stance and the dismissive nature of the bird that had been wary of him not moments before, he slowly reclined so that he could lay his belly against the cool, flat floor of the cave. He didn't so much mind the chill in the air between the storm and the cold stone, it put him in an oddly calm mood to feel so anchored in the midst of the turbulence.

"I am not.. exactly from around here. I have been a rogue my entire life but I'm quite familiar with these lands - sometimes I hang around for a while as long as there aren't any traveling lions in the area. They tend to be rather fertile this time of year which is always good for lazy hunting." He seemed healthy and strong, which spoke to the truth of his statement - he had been enjoying easy hunting for quite some time. "I don't think I've seen you before though, are you a traveler too?"

sherpuff

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 pm
Felyn

Taking her cue from Persaon, Hadassah also reclined in a more comfortable and relaxed position. Not that she couldn't spring up and away at the first sign of trouble. She was suspicious by nature after all, but Persaon seemed to be trustworthy. For now. And if nothing else, he would certainly help to pass the time in the storm. Glancing outside, it appeared it wasn't going to abate anytime soon.

"Indeed, I'm a bit of a wanderer myself. Well, Gad travels with me. We..... haven't really found a place worthy of settling."

That was mostly the truth. No need to mention her reasons for traveling in the first place.

"Lazy hunting is definitely appealing. And this area sounds even more appealing knowing that there aren't many traveling lions around too," she added, tail lashing the air with irritation as she thought of the other species.

"It is interesting that we haven't run into each other before. Do you plan on staying for long?" she asked, mildly curious. He was rather handsome after all and he was clearly attempting to be charming.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 pm
"Well, here we are out of the way of any of the major prides in the area - at least any of them that are still around." During his off and on travels he had found signs that perhaps these lands had not always been so abandoned as they were now: prey bones in the cave system that ran through beneath large portions of the region, strange blots of colors on the walls that were not natural and signs that perhaps dwellings had once existed in the lush foliage. Who had preoccupied these lands was hard for him to say. He only knew they weren't here now.

"Oh, I suppose that I will for a while, hm?"

His gaze flitted past her to the entrance of the cave, weighing out the ferocity of the rain storm that battered the lands beyond him. It was freshly 'rainy season' in the little sanctuary and that meant herd beasts and fowl would be here aplenty and he would not be so thin and frail as he was during the scarcer months of travelling.

"As long as the wet season holds out I think I will hang around - you are welcome to stay a while if you'd like?"

With his last words, he turned his gaze back on her with a pleasant, charming smile. He was never opposed to pleasant, or beautiful, company.

Sherpuff

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas