Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 pm

User Image
Taking the Plunge

The last few hours before the end of his shift seemed to flow like molasses, making Leukos antsy as time moved slower than the pace he set for himself. He tried to keep himself busy, offering to help other coworkers with their jobs when he was done with his own, in an attempt to fill his empty minutes. Until at long last the day was over and he could head back into the city, eager to get his weekend under way.

It was rather marvelous that he could even have time off at all, what with the state of affairs earlier in the week. But luckily, despite the drama, his experience still made him a more valuable asset to the team, and thus held a higher title. So he and his beast-trainer peers were allowed more affordances than the common laborer, enjoying time off while the underlings and Prentices stayed to care for the facility over the two day break. And while he did find his job enjoyable and rewarding, he was much more excited for the limitless prospects the weekend would hold.

Making a beeline for his destination, Leukos pondered what sort of fun could be had over the next two days. He was finally at a good, comfortable place with Niamh; he should think up some kind of surprise for the boy. Niamh had looked a little rough over the past few days; maybe he wasn’t sleeping well, or was coming down with something…?

Either way, he’d make sure to capitalize on every second of freedom, making up for the rough start of the week by finishing it off with a bang. He fished the key out and fitted it into the slot of the lock, toying with the idea of maybe sharing a nice, relaxing bath with the boy. He could sure use it as well.

“Niamh,” he chirped, knocking on the door. “I’m coming in.” Privacy wasn’t something to be taken lightly after all: hearing no exasperated squeal telling him to hold off for a moment, he twisted the knob and came inside.

He tucked the key away again, stretching his arms high above his head as he cracked his back. “Mmhnn~ Long day, want to share a bath? And after we should think of something to-” Opening his eyes, his words were halted, head tipped as he was confronted with a pile of luggage in the center of the room. Wait...were those...his bags? What were they doing here, and why…?

“Niamh...” He approached the pile, looking around for the boy as he skeptically gestured at the luggage. “What’s going on with...all this?”

[1/10]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm
User Image

Another trying day concluded, Niamh found himself at "the usual" pub adjacent to the inn he was staying at. Pinching the bridge of his nose, his eyes closed as he reflected on the trauma that occurred earlier that morning. The Council concluded their summit, and though the members would remain for the last few days before traveling to their city of origin, Niamh couldn't be more eager to get away. His bags were packed and ready to go, Just had to wait until Leukos was finished with his shift at the Facility.

Finishing his drink, He figured it best to be there when Leu arrived - lest his packed bags give the wrong impression. Niamh slung his bag over his shoulder and flagged down the barkeep to square up his tab, "I'd like to pay the tab for Lorcan." Niamh uttered with a hint of hesitation. It was likely far higher than he could imagine, considering Talan likely had a field day on his coin....

"You're all covered..." The man said as he took the emptied mug from the counter, "In Fact, I have this bottle for a "Niamh Lorcan" - can I assume that is you?" He said while handing the bottle with another intricate burlap bow, and a message:
'Thanks for the wonderful evening~ Despite my abrasive behavior, I am quite fond of you two as a couple. Just promise me you'll hold him to the standards you deserve.

-Talan
PS: Here's a little something to wash down that horrendous hooch I had you drinking last night.
PPS: I took care of your tab... You're welcome~ <3'

Rolling his eyes, Niamh took the bottle, thanked the man for his services, and exited the establishment to make his way back to the room. Crossing the Lobby, Niamh climbed the stairs to the second floor, went down the hall to the last door on the right, where he found the door unlocked, "s**t..." He murmured pushing the door open to find Leukos going from the balcony, to the seating area, then the bedroom, and back to the entryway to find Niamh waving from the doorway, bottle in hand, "You beat me~" He giggled while stepping inside and closing the door behind him, "How was your day?"

MissMisnomer

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 pm

User Image
After scouring the hotel room, Leukos was just starting to get worried, when he heard the door click and the boy in question pop inside. Heaving a silent little sigh, he padded over, slipping a hand around Niamh’s waist as he leaned down for a quick kiss. “Exceedingly tiresome. But...better now that you’re here~”

With a roguish smile he gave Niamh’s rear end a departing pinch before he stepped away again, sitting himself down on the couch. “Have you been busy yourself today? You’re looking...a little frayed around the edges. And then there’s…” He waved his hand in the direction of the baggage, quirking a curious eyebrow. “...whatever this is all about. I’d hoped we’d be able to spend the weekend together, but did you have...other plans?” His tone tapered off to betray a bit of disappointment at the end, despite his best efforts to remain aloof.

[2/10]
akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 pm
User Image

"So, I had a thought about that~" Niamh purred while taking a seat next to him on the couch, "It's been ages since I've been in this area, and I have a bit of a...." Walking his fingers along Leu's chest, Niamh pondered his words, "Tradition?"

First time he had been out of Nated was with his sister, Miri. They had gone to Edrao just to get away for a weekend, and while that was all good fun, Miri always had a way of pushing the boundaries. Despite his father's explicit demands to stay in the city, When she was invited to a party by some newly acquired "Friends" how could she say no? And being as she was responsible for Niamh... She brought him with. "It's a few hours trek to get there, we have to cross to another island, but it will totally be worth it~" Melting into his arms, Niamh put on his most persuasive boyish grin, 'Would you be interested in going with me?"

Missmisnomer

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:04 pm

User Image
Shifting enough to fit Niamh nicely against him, Leukos draped an arm around his shoulders, crossing a leg as he listened with growing curiosity to the boy’s proposition. The air of mystery surrounding Niamh’s words was nipping at his inquisitive tendencies, and truth be told, he was a bit of a sucker for surprises. It came with his dramatic disposition.

Pursing his lips as Niamh blinked those long lashes up at him, he drummed a few fingers on his knee, considering. The prospect of traipsing through the jungle wasn’t sounding very inviting for his weary bones. He’d thought they might do something a bit...closer to home. But if Niamh was so set upon this idea that he’d already packed his bags, regardless of Leukos’ decision…

“I suppose I really have no choice but to follow the whims of my mysterious island boy,” he mused, stroking the back of his neck under the aqua curls. “And you probably won’t be telling me where we are heading until we’re there…”

“But alright,” he simpered, lowering his hand to the small of Niamh’s back. “Count me in for this little adventure~”

[3/10]
akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:05 pm
User Image

Beaming with excitement, Niamh gave Leu a tender peck on the cheek, "Fantastic~ I was so hoping you'd want to come!" Cuddling in closer he added, "I wanted to take you to Besaji. It's a smallish village on the end of the island chain. They don't have much for shopping, but its a fisherman's dream~ And while I'm not one for sport... The spoils of their labor are unbeatable." His eyes lit up in anticipation of the feasts they would consume~

"Only one thing we need to establish then~" Niamh continued, "Would you like to head out tonight - we would have some pretty fantastic shellfish for dinner, maybe a few drinks, then find a place to crash for the fun adventures I have planned for us tomorrow.... OR" he paused for dramatic effect, "We could stay here for the evening, have dinner at the pub across the street or the cafe down the road, and set out early tomorrow, having the rest of the afternoon/evening in Besaji." Being lulled into a calm by the gentle massage, he hummed, "I personally would suggest getting the travel out of the way this evening; sunrise on the beach in Besaji is mesmerizing..." Niamh closed his eyes and felt himself leaning into Leu's touch, "Today has been... pretty trying, so if you wanted to stay in for the evening, I would understand."

Missmisnomer

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm

User Image
Petting Niamh contently, he could feel himself just melting into the lounger, the soft boy radiating warmth onto his chest. And while staying in did sound positively peachy at the moment, he knew it was just his laziness talking. Which was a character trait he was not often in the habit of letting make decisions for him.

“No,” he murmured, brushing his lips atop the crown of Niamh’s head as he appreciated the peaceful look on his sleepy face. “I can tell how excited you are; let’s just head out tonight. And even if it’s late by the time we get there, at least we’ll have our rooms booked so we can conk out after dinner.”

“Although,” he grinned, puffing a laugh into his curls. “Waking me up for the sunrise might be a bit of a task. I might just have to catch it the day after~”

Shifting, he gently pried Niamh off of his chest, standing as he cracked his neck. “But if we don’t get mobile now, I’m afraid I might just fall asleep right here! Come on,” he said, taking Niamh’s hand. “Up and at em’, Sleeping Beauty~”

[4/10]
akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 am
User Image

Niamh had managed to nuzzle himself into the perfect little nook of warmth and affection,"I accept that challenge~" he mused while shrugging into Leu's embrace, the soft breath against his neck sending shivers down his spine. While being pried from his happy place he groaned, "Gaaah~ I should have said nothing! Cuddling is more fun~ But the shellfish..." His stomach making an audible grumble at the mere mention of the delicacies that lied in wait for them. Suddenly conflicted, Niamh gave in to the tugging and finally rose to his feet only to physically shutter at the cracking of Leukos's neck, "Are you... Okay? That sounded almost painful."

His mother would do the same thing and it horrified him. After all her meditation and stretches she would make self-adjustments, and while it seemed to be pleasant for her, the sounds of air popping from the joints... was less so. When he became too high strung and stressed out, that was one of the first things Nayeli would do, Coax him into meditation, then ease him into a yoga routien to get him loosened up. Once he was calmed down she could usually convince him to get adjusted - and a majority of the time it was pleasurable, but the noise...

Shuttering at the thought, Niamh scooped up his bags and whistled to Raz to get out of her closet lair, "Maybe once we're on our way I could take a look..." he offered while grappling for the doorknob, "I'm no expert, but a massage has got to be better than cracking your neck like that..."

Missmisnomer

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 am

User Image
Chuckling at Niamh’s put-out antics, he stroked the top of his hair before stepping out into the hallway. “I’m fine, thank you. Just a bit stiff is all, after working all day and then getting a bit too comfortable for my own good. I haven’t done my stretches or anything to loosen up. But since you are offering...” he mused, taking the heaviest looking bag away from Niamh, “I will take you up on that massage~”

Soon enough, the pair of them and their furry companion were tucked away into a carriage heading for the docks, having successfully flagged one down after packing up Leukos’ things. Even though he knew they’d last the weekend, Leukos was sad to have to say goodbye to his room full of flowers, having grown quite fond of waking up to the smell of his own personal garden. So he took a few select blooms with him as a momento for the road, reluctant to part from them completely. But he found a good use for the flowers, sitting in the carriage with Niamh perched on his lap as he brushed out his hair.

“You have such lovely volume,” he purred, dragging the brush through the sea of turquoise and admiring the way the curls sprung back into shape in the wake of the bristles. “There are so many designs you could make with it~”

Setting the brush aside, he set about partitioning off sections of hair, working on a braid starting at his temples. “But it seems like you haven’t been doing much with it lately. Is it because you’ve been so busy? Or…” he frowned, weaving one of his purple flowers into it as he continued. “...it’s because of your wrist, isn’t it? I’m sorry, that’s my fault…”

[5/10]
akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm
User Image
The change of tone in his voice shattered Niamh. He didn't want to look back on it, didn't want to accept that it was anyone's fault.... It was just a series of unfortunate events that no one could change or control - like it was destined to happen. Of course, it wasn't, but it was much easier for him to lie to himself in order to come to terms with the fact that it happened. Choosing to continue that train of thought he stretched out his hand, extending his fingers, "You know, it's been doing a lot better..." rotating his wrist he did his best to keep his head still, "I've just been lazy~" Which was a lie... and it nearly pained him to say it. He adored his hair, especially playing with it, but lying was better than letting Leukos continue to beat himself over the past.

"Wasn't I supposed to be giving you a massage." Niamh chuckled at the ironic turn of events, "As much as I would hate for you to stop...Though it might be easier once we have a room~"

Not long after Leukos wove in the final strands of his hair and tied the braid, their carriage slowed to a halt. As the door swung open, Niamh stepped down to find they had made it to the crossing already. "Guess time flies when you're in the presence of such pleasant company~," he said while retreiving his shoulder bag from the cab. Once the driver had assisted the Ferryman with loading their baggage, Niamh slipped the man some coin, thanking him for his services. Their voyage was nearly half complete. Once they cross the strait transportation got a little... rustic.

Stepping onto the ferry, their journey was underway as the ferryman pushed off shore. Something was nagging at Niamh, something was off, but he couldn't put his finger on it... until he heard a series of clicks followed by a squeeeeeeeee~, "Where's Raziya?" he groaned, realizing all too well that he had the answer.

Circling the oversized floating raft, Raz dove under and popped up on the opposite side. Gave them a head start, then raced ahead. She was thrilled to be back in water again, and as happy as Niamh was for her... He wasn't looking forward to the ride to Besaji with his sopping pet, "Oh Raz... what have you done."

Missmisnomer

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 am

User Image
Stepping onto the large wooden vessel, Leukos was openly curious as he looked around. He’d never been on a ferry before, having made the crossings in Matori by ship thus far. It was surprising to think that something so flat wasn’t automatically knocked over by the waves and sucked into the ocean; something which, as he thought of it, made Leukos inch further away from the edge. But Niamh seemed at ease, so there must not be much to worry about.

Well, he HAD been, until that purple zanteer of his popped her head out of the water. The snickering mammal might have been a headache for him, but Leukos appreciated her antics, laughing as she swam off. Nervous energy had been nipping at his heels ever since he stepped onto the craft, but having a good laugh helped relieve that. He was just being paranoid; there was nothing to worry about.

Leukos wrapped an arm behind Niamh’s shoulders, grinning. “What, don't you enjoy the smell of damp fur?” He chided, patting his arm. “She’d been land-locked for too long; I’m glad the scruffy hooligan is finally where she belongs again.”

Watching her scamp about in the water for a while, his attention was distracted from what was taking place on the rest of the ferry: where other mischief was underway. Jostled by shoddily stacked luggage, the latch securing the cage Leukos had brought along was loosened, until it eventually popped loose altogether. Freed from containment, Kyro curiously wiggled its way out of the stack of luggage and out onto the deck, large eyes blinking singularly as it assessed its new surroundings. Spotting a familiar form, the colorful alol slunk across the planks to the pair, sticking his feet to the puffy pants of the person standing next to his owner. Climbing quickly, he was intent on scaling the unfamiliar humanoid to reach the much desired spot on Leukos’ shoulders that he KNEW was always the warmest, and received the most pettings.

[6/10]
akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:30 am
User Image
Letting his stresses fall by the wayside, Niamh reminded himself what was ahead, the plans he had in store for Leukos, and eased into his embrace. Things were going to be just-

His body tensed, as he felt the foreign sticky pads scaling his back. In surprise, he jerked away from Leu, standing in the middle of the raft, eyes wide with surprise, "Gods Mercy, there's a thing- a thing on me and..." he cringed as his body shuttered with each footfall of the petit critter. Niamh's face was contorted in a mix of horror and pain as he began emitting a barely audible squeak, daring to peek at his shoulder to see the beady blinking eyes of an alol staring back at him. Fighting every instinct to flick the critter from his shoulder and break into a shuttering dance of the heebie-jeebies... He continuously whimpered, "getitoffme-getitoffme-getitoffme-getitoffmeeeee~"

In one fluid movement, Raziya ejected herself from the water and onto the raft.

"No, Nonononono~ " Niamh coaxed, stretching out his arms and placing one leg up defensively, "You stay, Stay down you wet mongrel..."

Ignoring his pleas, Raz makes short work to close the distance between her and her master and scaled his small form with ease - despite his measures to keep her away. Sticking her nose directly against the Alol she sniffed repeatedly, investigating this small creature that had been distressing Niamh so...

Now half drenched, and fearing for the critters safety, he peeled the alol off his shoulder and held it as high as he could, then proceeded to gently, but insistently bat at Raziya's face, "Dammit Raz! I'm all wet... I'm - Gods forbid it - holding a sticky amphibian and REALLY don't need your help..."

Ignoring her master's feeble attmpts to deter her, she placed a webbed paw on either side of his shoulders and stretched her head up to continue her interrupted investigation. If she could just get a taste... Eyes widening as her muzzle came ever closer to the creature she unclenched her teeth just enough to slip her tongue through extending it to just about-

"RAZIYA, GET.OFF.ME NOW!" Niamh bellowed, stepping back to the very edge of the ferry.

Her ears lowered as she padded off to the corner of the ferry, circled the area, and laid down in defeat. She had almost gotten a taste, but alas her curiosities must go unsatisfied... for the moment~

Missmisnomer

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:40 pm

User Image
Feeling Niamh pull away from him suddenly, Leukos had to right his footing for a moment as the crutch he’d been leaning against suddenly disappeared. His tone was concerned, touching the whip at his side as he saw the mortified look on his partner’s face. “Niamh? What are you saying, try to speak clearly for a mome-”

However, the edge in his voice was quickly dulled when he saw the creature assaulting the boy. His eyebrows rose in surprise. “Kyro? What the hell are you doing out of your crate?!” He took a step forward to assist, but not before a wet mass of fur sprung past him, Raziya adding a whole new level of chaos to poor Niamh’s ordeal. Unsure exactly WHAT to do in the moment, he was torn between pulling the aquatic mammal off of him or taking his pet out of Niamh’s very unwilling hands. “Should I get her!? Or him!? Oh Gods above be careful Niamh!”

But it looked like Niamh handled most of the madness himself, dispelling the curious animal as he laid down the law with his booming command. With his way now clear, Leukos hurriedly closed the distance, wrapping a strong hand around Niamh’s waist. “Don’t move anymore, you’re RIGHT at the edge. s**t s**t s**t, hold on-” He reached, prying his now angrily hissing familiar out of Niamh’s hand, holding it aloft like a precarious platter full of glassware. “Lean forward now, I’ve got you-” He took a step back, pulling Niamh along with him. “Follow my steps, not too fast, there we go…”

Now safely away from the edge, he moved to stroke Niamh’s hair, squatting a bit to get at eye level. “Are you alright? He didn’t bite you or anything, did he?” His eyes made a quick assessment of Niamh’s now soaked body, checking for anything that looked off. Kyro, for his part, was still squirming high in Leukos’ large hand, riled up and spitting in Raziya’s direction.

[7/10]
akuma_kessaku

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces