[PRP] Afterwards (Val x Pan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 am
If it hadn't been for Lazulith, Pan might never have made it through the Impression. Even so, she felt wrung out emotionally and couldn't imagine how everyone who'd actually stood on the sands would be feeling at this point. But that wasn't the most important thing.

The most important thing was tracking Val down and making sure he was all right.

A soft, sweet warble from Lazulith brought a faint smile to the girl's face as she began to move through the crowd until she caught sight of Val.

"Little brother!" she called and waved her remaining arm. Glancing around, she pointed to a slightly out of the way corner.

I will make sure you have some privacy, Panmine.

"Never thought you wouldn't love," she murmured affectionately before running the last few steps to her brother and sweeping him into a bear hug. "Well, little brother, what did you think of the... ah... show?"

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 am
DaisyMilk
Haha. I'm so slsow, orz. Sorry for the delay!

That hadn't been what Valendyr had expected at all. While the young boy had heard of the magic of Impression, had heard that Hatchings were always a sight to see, the poor boy found the fighting, the attacks, and the wailing of the dragonets almost too much. He had stared wide eyed in a mix of morbid-fascination but also horrified surprise as the dragonets turned on the helpless Candidates below.

Was this what Pandyr had gone through? Was this what S'vor had to fight through?

Lazulith had always been harmless, at least as far as Val had figured. He couldn't imagine the blue attacking others as violently as the dragonets had this day! And yet... Some of them had been cute. Some of the dragonets had cried out for theirs, and he hadn't missed the change on the boys and girls that found their match. In fact, a small part of Valendyr couldn't help but be a twinge jealous -- he would never be one of them. He wasn't weyrbred, and unless a dragon Searched him -- highly unlikely -- he would have to spend his life watching.

Did he want a dragon like his sister or S'vor? Maveth was a sweet green, and Lazulith a very good blue. Now that he was here it was expected he'd be in love with the idea of dragon riding, but part of Valendyr didn't know what he wanted anymore. He wasn't a weyrbrat. He had spent his life thinking he'd entertain with his family; that he'd grow up and travel all of Pern, gain fabulous wealth, or at least live comfortably off the land. Instead, he only had his sister, and now was just another fosterling among many.

So when the Hatching finished, and all the chaos ended, Val took a moment to sit while others left. The chaos of everything had touched a nerve, and he wondered if Pan's own Hatching had been similarly chaotic. He wiped his eyes irritably -- he didn't remember when he'd started to cry, or even why, what did he care? -- but the emotion of the entire affair had gripped him. He'd never thought dragons to be like that at all.

Taking a shaky breath, he composed himself, and followed the rest of the crowd out of the Stands. There was a strange mix of excitement and sobriety among the crowd. At his sister's call, though, he did a double take, and found himself snatched up in a hug. Immediately, he slipped his arms around his sister, and took comfort and assurance in her presence. "Pan!" While he knew he hadn't lost her on the Sands, it hadn't been easy to witness the drama between Huarwar and Henwas. It reminded him too much of what happened during Threadfall, when Pan had sacrificed her arm for him. Too easily, she could have wound up like the rest of their family.

"Er.... It. Is it always like that?" He asked. "It. . . I thought they were supposed to be happy events. Everything about this one just . . . I don't know. The Teaching Songs don't go into how much of a blood bath it is." Thankfully, now that his sister was here, it was easier to feel better. He wanted to stay attached to her tail coats as long as he could before they'd need to separate again.

((I also think Pandyr needs a boyfriend or girlfriend. Just so Val can 1. be all annoyed and 2. so she can have some interaction that isn't just with a 14 turn old sibling. LOL. ))

Masterharper
Vice Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:01 am
At Val's question, Pan paused a moment, eyes going blank for a moment as she consulted silently with her dragon. Then, she was back in the here and now with a reassuring smile.

"Lazulith's hatching was nothing like this one. And he says to tell you that most hatchings are fairly peaceful affairs, only this one had many strong personalities amongst the babies and siblings don't always get along. Especially when they're confused, scared and hungry!"

Looping her arm around her brother's shoulders, Pan began to steer him gently towards where Lazulith waited. She wished she could explain how it was between a rider and their dragon, that hatchings really were happy events overall.

You do well enough, Panmine. Until he impresses, I am not sure Val would understand completely.

Her face went blank again, though this time with surprise. Interesting that Lazulith was so certain that Val would impress one day. Also interesting was just how protective her blue was of both her and her brother. But then, she also had a blue whose feelings were dreadfully hurt every time he tried to befriend a runner beast only to see it race away, bawling in terror.

"It's usually not a bloodbath," she answered. You'll see. Once they've eaten and have a chance to truly relax, the hatchlings'll be less... uh...

Impulsive, Lazulith contributed, speaking into both Pan and Val's minds.

"Yes, exactly. So, ready to see a weyr feast, little brother? They're awfully impressive."

((LOL. I wouldn't object to her having more friends))

Masterharper

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm
DaisyMilk

Val considered his sisters words, wondering how, exactly, it was different. No blood baths, no Candidates running from enraged dragons, no one dying... The thought of Henwas' body lying there, blood pooling . . . He shuddered at the thought, trying to shove the image away. The young man didn't like to think about death if he didn't have to, but this Hatching brought it all back to the forefront of his mind.

His parents, his caravan, his sister....

Nope. He suppressed his shudder, but if he stepped just a bit closer to his sister, it couldn't be helped. She was all he really had left. The only vestige of home. And if anything happened to Pandyr, then . . . then Lazulith would be gone too. And he would be alone - completely and utterly. "It was a big Hatching," he quietly agreed. "And their gold mother had been ill, too." Well, maybe not Vimiath herself, but her rider had been so sick, and the queen had turned so grey. Even Val had wondered what would happen, and worried he'd be witness to the old gold dying. Thankfully, that hadn't been the case.

Ah, but the voice of the blue, entering his head, immediately seemed to case his worries aside. The blue dragon's voice was a rare treat, and one that did comfort the young man. The blue's voice was like his sisters, but not at all. A fun difference, to be sure, but one that Valendyr delighted in hearing.

"I'm sure they'll get better. I'm ready for the feast! Did... Did you want to sit together or did you have somewhere else you need to be?" He asked. Pandyr had spent time with him already, he wondered if her wingmates, or other friends, might prefer to have her time.

[I AM SORRY I AM SLOW AND TERRIBLE -- cry.]

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out