Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:03 pm
The male was slowly starting to get to know a number of the members, which made his being there a more enjoyable than it would have been had he just stuck to himself and been a loner. Neither of which were something he took particular joy in so he was a lover of company and conversation.

Walking along the central part of where the pride was currenly located he looked around. He was hoping to meet another new face to add to his list of known pride members. While he new he'd never get to learn all their names he was quiet excited to be here.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:20 pm
Mokosh had taken shelter on a ledge not terribly far from the center of the pride. The rock, raised just so off the ground, gave the lioness a good vantage from which to look out over her reclining sisters. A tree overhead clung stubbornly to the grim remains of dry green leaves, casting dappled shade across her dusty pelt. Blinking lazily beneath the noonday sun, she briefly toyed with the idea of doing something with her day. Hunting down Mazuri, perhaps, or finally seeking out one of those strange Jahy. But one sigh and a contented tail-flick later, Mo had decided that she was perfectly comfortable doing her own thing. Even if that thing happened to be her very best impression of a stone.

Or so she would have done, until something caught her interest. The female lifted her head, ears fanning back slightly at the sight of a pelt she didn't recognize. That would have been nothing special - there were so many lionesses in the Bonelands that Mo didn't even pretend to know them all. Most of them didn't come with a mane, though. And surely, that wasn't the pelt of the male that had pushed out Kuhasa.

...But she was the only one reacting to him. And he strolled through like he owned the place, with none of the abaholi in sight. Mokosh angled herself toward the male, growing a frown to match her stare. Was it possible that their inselelo had changed again, so soon? And she hadn't known about it at all?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:20 pm
As he walked around he began to realize that he was being watched. But from where? Pausing he could sense someone was nearby but he wasn't sure where and then realized there was a formation of rocks not too far away and upon it sat a lioness. She was looking his way but wasn't saying anything.

Had he disrupted something? He hoped not. Seeing as she was the only one in sight he figured he'd walk her way, see if she was open to talking. He was still fresh to the pride and knew that his presence was likely unknown by a lot of it's female members. He had met the leaders quickly enough so he knew the males knew of his presence.

"Hello." He called out once he was closer, he stayed a bit away, in case she found a reason to attack him given his new status in the pride.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 pm
As he walked around he began to realize that he was being watched. But from where? Pausing he could sense someone was nearby but he wasn't sure where and then realized there was a formation of rocks not too far away and upon it sat a lioness. She was looking his way but wasn't saying anything.

Had he disrupted something? He hoped not. Seeing as she was the only one in sight he figured he'd walk her way, see if she was open to talking. He was still fresh to the pride and knew that his presence was likely unknown by a lot of it's female members. He had met the leaders quickly enough so he knew the males knew of his presence.

"Hello." He called out once he was closer, he stayed a bit away, in case she found a reason to attack him given his new status in the pride.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Was he coming towards her? The lioness' frown deepened, the tip of her tail twitching irritably. What exactly was it about her that made it seem like she would be open to his company just now? A small, reasonable part of her brain pointed out that she had, in fact, been staring right at him all this time. Though somewhat abashed, Mokosh chose to ignore it.

"...Hello." If her wariness hadn't been clear before, the coolness of her tone made it evident now. That little voice reminded her that she was being kind of unreasonable. Mo tsk'ed to herself, the motion raising one side of her lip into a snarl, and went back to paying it no mind. "A new inselelo, I presume?" The question was cordially phrased, despite her manner; she'd be lying if she said she wasn't curious to know who this strange new male had beaten out.  
"Well you seem pleasant." Raising a brow at her peculiar manners. Though to be fair, his presence was new and it was likely that not everyone had heard just yet. "Though your initial response is reasonable given I am new to the pride. I am in fact, the new Inselelo." He could always come back at another time as she seemed rather, non sociable. "I am Budek, is it okay if I know your name?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Her tail twitched faster. On the one paw, she was utterly indignant that he called her out for her rudeness. On the other, she completely deserved it, and that only frustrated her more. "I believe it's natural to be suspicious of new faces in one's home," Mo sputtered in response, barely keeping the words from degenerating into a flustered hiss. The unusual strength of her disdain disturbed her; rosy red heat rose in the lioness' cheeks. What if someone had been this rude to her, when first she stumbled upon the Bonelands? She averted her eyes.

And of course he would understand her reaction! Mo huffed, cheeks blowing out slightly with the motion. Why was it that she had to meet all the reasonable folk just when she was at her least rational? "I'm...sorry, Budek. My name is Mokosh." After a moment's pause, pale blue eyes looked up at the lion, sheepish from beneath her lashes. "I didn't mean to greet you so rudely; I just wasn't aware that we had another inselelo so soon. I hope that defeating, ah..." Famine's own teeth, she didn't even remember his name! "...I hope that our last one didn't give you too difficult a fight," she finished lamely.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 pm
He almost felt bad for the way he had responded but since he didn't want to make her feel any more awkward or bad he didn't say anything else on it. She was completly right though, to be suspicious of new faces was a good trait to have, though there was no way he would have or should have made it this far into the lands had he not been welcome. It all boiled down to observation.

"It's nice to meet you Mokosh. It's alright, I completely understand." He gave her a reassuring smile that she had nothing to worry about. "He put up a fair fight but didn't really say anything when he was defeated so I'm not sure if he was glad to be beaten out or not....." Voice trailing off he glanced about the lands they were upon. "I do hope that when I'm beaten out you'll at least remember who I am." He gave her a playful wink out of fun. He would hope that he'd make a good enough impact his name would at least be remembered.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

The lioness wrinkled her nose. While it was disappointing to think of any lion thinking so little of their time with the pride, it didn't seem particularly surprising. Especially given that she couldn't remember anything about the male. Mo knew without a doubt that she was rather on the fringe with other lionesses, socially in particular - but so much so as to be the only one their former inselelo left no impact on? She'd been quiet, not hiding under a rock.

Her eyes on him were shrewd as he paused, lifting only to follow his gaze around their lands. "Holding no illusions that you'll be here forever, huh?" She smiled, expression wan. One paw folded over the other as she looked Budek over - a bit warmer, this time. As a proper male of the Bonelands instead of a threat. His wink surprised her, and that surprise drew a startled, genuine laugh. "As far as I understand it, there's only one way for a passing male to be remembered around here, Budek. Are we going to pretend you don't know it?" The laugh seemed to loosen what last restraints the dusky female had, and her words were echoed with a half-smile to match his wink for playfulness.  
"Well, I would like to stay here for a long time, but I can't say a younger more agile male might not beat me out in time." Laughing he gave her a cheerful smile when she spoke on. Oh he knew well enough what most would be remembered for and while he did want to leave behind a legacy of his own, he also wanted to leave a bigger mark upon their minds. "Well, if you want to ever help keep my memory alive, just let me know." Looking around for a moment he arched his back and got up in a long stretch. "Well, I think I should be off. Perhaps we will run into one another again. See you around Mokosh."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mo tilted her head, smile on her lips twitching slightly as she examined Budek. There was something unexpectedly reassuring about his practicality and ease. Perhaps it was the knowledge that he would inevitably be beaten out of his position that helped that lax nature - made him care less about the Bonelands' traditions and the...typical stuffiness that came with them. Maybe it was just the kind of fellow he was. Whatever the case, the dusty lioness found her opinion of the inselelo significantly revised. Enough so that when he laughed, she found herself grinning. And to his rather bold proposal...

"I'll think about that, Budek." She might not have believed the words came out of her mouth, had she not just heard herself weave them. And with such humor in her tone! The male's chill nature seemed dangerously contagious, once one let it get to them. "Good afternoon to you." She turned back to her view of her pride-sisters, a long, lazy flick of her tail signifying her intention to return to the blissful nothing she'd been up to just before this meeting. From the corners of her eyes, however, Mokosh found herself watching the tawny lion leave. Watching, and considering things.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games