Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm
Zobu was restless. She wanted to go swimming but she wasn't allowed to without an adult watching her. How was she supposed to become the best at everything if she couldn't even practicing swimming? Sighing, she faced the tree she was currently trying to conquer, smirking happily at the small marks she was making each time she got higher and higher. She was up by three feet now, she was sure!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm
He had been enjoying his time in the pride so far and he was pleased to see a number of cubs running around. While they were from one of the other Inselelos that didn't make them any less important. Life was life in his eyes.

Sitting up he gave a yawn and shook the dust from his mane. WHILE the excess sand was a bit annoying at times this pride wasn't all that bad. He didn't think so anyway.

Decididng he was thirsty he got up and headed towards a spot he knew had some, that wasn't infested with crocodiles. On the way he spotted a peculiar sight. A cub climbing a tree.

"Are you having fun?" He asked her  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:00 pm
Someone was speaking to her. Having just fallen on her rump, she flopped back, paws in the air, head tilted back to see who had called out to her.

It was a... boy. Well, an old boy. A man? Zobu squinted at him, unsure. Sure, she's seen a male before. But they were not as common as females and so, Zobu stared.

"No, this isn't supposed to be fun," she told him matter-of-factly. "This is training," she added before getting back on her feet. She crouched low, butt in the air, before attempting to run up the tree, little claws digging in. She didn't get much further up this time before she came back to the earth with a disgruntled look.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:00 pm
He chuckled as she plopped down upon her rump.

"Training you say?" He mused with a smile as he grew closer. He wondered what on earth she could be training for.

"What are you training for? Something top secret?" He asked her with a grin. Sometimes cubs had a way of running away with their imaginations so he figured he'd just throw the idea out there in case she was one of those cubs that had an imagination.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:28 pm
Zobu glanced over at him, considering him. "I guess you haven't heard," she said in a very important tone. "But everyone's going to know who I am one day. But I've gotta be the best in everything before that happens," she informed him.

"So, I've gotta train real hard every day. I can't practice swimming without mama but that doesn't mean I can't do other stuff!" she told him.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:32 pm
Zobu's eyes blew wide and she immediately hopped to her feet. Perfect! Mama couldn't mind this! "Alright, let's go!" she excitedly ordered, making a lap around him to show him just how fast she was before trekking off in the direction of the water. She was quite ready to master this part of her regime.

She grinned, looking at the male lion name Budek. "She is! I'm not as pretty as my sister so I gotta do my best to be better in everything else!" Zobu told him confidentially, chin high. "Zobu, though mama says my name is Zobuhle despite constantly calling me Zobu. Weird, huh?" She said, expecting him to agree that this was indeed weird.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:48 pm
Her excitment was enough to make his heart melt. All these cubs had so much to learn in life and he was just happy he could help mold a few of them here and there while he could. He followed behind her with a smile and listened as she spoke and frowned a little. "I'm sure you're as every bit as pretty as your sibling." He commented. He thought she had a very lovely natural coloration.

"She probably just calls you Zobu as a nickname. Which do you want me to call you by?" He gave her the option to let him pick what to call her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:55 pm
Zobu rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Adults are supposed to say that," she pointed out. "I don't mind, she is very pretty! But I gotta keep up or I'll be left behind!" Zobu informed him, grinning as she took large, playful steps while keeping beside him.

"I like Zobu. Less sounds, right?" So, it was a nickname? Well, that was fine. Grinning, she looked up at him. "Do all males have lots of long fur like you do? Around their heads?" she asked curiously. She was sure she should have learned this. But she was usually so tired from training, she slept through any lessons. She would have to change that if she wanted to be the smartest person ever.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 pm
"Well, I've never met your siblings so I'm going by what I'm seeing here and now."

She was young still though.

She was a bundle of questions, it was good to have a curious mind like that. "Yes, all males have lots of fur like this when they're adults. Though there might be a rare exception to that." He didn't think he'd ever seen a male without a full mane. It would look strange he would think.

"How many siblings do you have?" He was just curious to get to know her more.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:55 pm
Zobu gave him a considering look, head tilted. "Are there a lot of males? There aren't many here. So you look weird to me. But I'll get used to you if you visit me every single day!" Zobu assured with a bright grin, bouncing a bit on her feet at the aspect. It was nice, getting his complete attention. She had to share mama's attention with her siblings.

"Four! Two brothers and two sisters! Though, my brothers went off with our dad so we don't see them anymore..." Zobu said, voice falling for a bit. It was disappointing, unable to have more siblings to grow up with. "Do you have siblings?" she asked Budek curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm
"Maybe not in this pride, but elsewhere there are." She was very enthusiastic. "I would be happy to visit you ever day." He vowed to the youngster with a grin.

Well, she had quite the large family. "I just have a single sister. She's not in this pride though. I haven't seen her in a while." He said to her as they continued towards the water that was coming into view. "We can take a breather for a bit and then you can play. I don't want you to be too tired before trying to swim." He said to her wanting her to be safe.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 am
"I could easily swim. I can't tire out that easily!" Zobu boasted but she settled next to the male, curling her paws underneath her. She gave a content sigh; it was good to take a break, especially since she was rather tired from her bout in the tree. She closed her eyes for a moment, resting and enjoying the heat of the sun. Maybe it was fun to sit every now and then. Not too often, though; it was, otherwise, a waste of time.

Fin  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out