Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:40 pm
He had left the male at the boarder, he wasn't about to finish him off or anything. He had lost and that was pain enough to Budek. Giving a shrug he knew it was up to the Gods the fate of that male and now he was reeping the benefits of being the victor. At least he hoped there were benefits.

Rolling his shoulders he spotted a male not too far ahead, the way he carried himself tipped Budek off that he was likely important. At least he figured he was. He wasn't often wrong about such things. "Greetings," He called out, "I just kicked some guys a** on the boarder. Are you who I need to talk to now?" He sure was a smooth talker, wasn't he.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm
Ahlaq had become more comfortable with the traditions of the strange nomadic pride. Still, things caught him by surprise. The changing of the Inselelo was an interesting happening, and it seemed to awaken the gossiping nature of the pride's lionesses once again (granted, it didn't seem like it took much to get them to chatter and stare). The sandy lion accepted the change, though. This place seemed like a place of constant change. All you could really do was move forward.

He couldn’t say he'd really expect what happened next. Kuhasa, he had heard, had been around for a decent amount of time. He'd fathered a good number of litters. He'd expect of successor to do the same. And yet…

From the moment he saw the figure he felt tense. It was his job to fend off troublemakers, after all. And it certainly didn't help that this stranger was obviously a male.

Tense as he might be, Ahlaq couldn't help but smirk as the stranger spoke. His attitude reminded him of the Impibutho. He was starting to miss that rag-tag bunch.

"Well he didn't last long, now did he?" The lion murmured under his breath, but not soft enough that he couldn't be heard. "What's your name?" He spoke curtly, in a tone that could easily be confused as gruff. The dessert did few things to soften his already rough 'charm.'  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

He watched as the tension in the male didn't seem to disipate much and he wondered if perhaps he shouldn't have approached him like he had? however when he asked for his name that made Budek feel a great deal better. "I'm Budek." His name was simple enough so that was a plus right?

"May I know what to call you?" If he was able to stay long enough at any rate. He wasn't sure if just because he won he'd be able to stay. He might have to fight someone else yet and he really didn't' want to do that. He was sorta sore and tired from the last guy. Visible marks upon his body were testament to that.  
Budek.

Ahlaq considered him, narrowing his eyes and looking the other male over. He stretched releasing some of the tension from his body and craning his head from one side to the other before he moved towards the other lion.

"I'm Ahlaq. One of the Abaholi."

The sandy lion's tail twitched behind him back and forth. He hadn't had the chance to actually get to know the last Inselelo, and thusly didn't get the chance to pick apart what his thoughts were about the position that he held in the pride. How many Inselelo, he wondered, really knew what they were getting in to?

"I'm assuming," he started, lavender eyes no longer wandering and settling to meet Budek's, "you understand the role you have stepped in to in fighting off Bazazi?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:42 pm
"Well, Ahlaq, I heard of what to expect but it would probably be better to hear everything from you. Since you're one of the leaders." He said looking around a moment before returning his attention to the male before him. He had fairly general idea of what his duties would be once he had beat the inselelo to get in. Now that he was here he sorta wanted to know hard facts.

Not that he would change his mind and want to leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 pm
Ahlaq gave a grunt of acknowledgement, rolling his shoulders in a stretch. "The leaders are Umkhombo, Faust, and myself." Well, Umkhombo was the head honcho of sorts, but Budek would work out the details of it all in time. "We watch the borders and fend off any unwanted lions. Keep the pride safe. Father any cubs for lionesses who desire it. In return, the lionesses do the hunting."

It wasn't a bad life, when he described it this way. Yes, there was a sort of responsibility, but to be honest the lionesses had their own way of running things along side the lions. It worked out.

"You would have the same responsibilities. And… perks. For however long you can hold your position." As long as he could hold of those that might challenge him for it. The sandy lion finished his explanation, keeping his eyes on the lion to watch for what reaction he might have. It was a way of figuring out what this new stranger was like.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm
Listening as the male spoke he gave a small nod of his head. Fighting off intruders didn't sound overly difficult, though he had just beat one of the males that had held the position he had taken over. So maybe it was a little hard? Either way he would do his best to hold his own against any rogue males that tried to come onto his new home, however long that might last.

"That sounds a fine position to me. It's fair work given the role I'll be holding here." Fighting off a few males here and there was fairly light some of what he'd experienced in the roguelands. "Perhaps you can show me a few of the trouble spots so that I could keep an eye on those areas?" At least until they moved locations.  
Ahlaq nodded, but didn't have much of a response. He seemed eager, that was good. And not too much of a thorn in his side. Not that the last Inselelo was. The sandy lion just wasn't looking forward to the day when they got one that was difficult.

"To be honest there hasn't been much excitement at the borders recently. Aside from you, anyway. And the herds move frequently enough to where he never really get a good feel for where to watch out for before it's time to leave again. But I can show you around."

The lion started towards the bulk of where the pride had gathered. They should go see Umkhombo and Faust, first. "You don't sound too concerned. Used to these sort of duties?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"That's good to hear. It means the warnings those Edna were spreading are doing a good job. Clearly it didn't work on me." He gave a hearty chuckly at that given he had told the male he had met to show him the way.

"I've seen some things in my travels so this seems fairly easy overall. I won't treat it as such though. I'm serious about my position here." He said not wanting the male to think he was here just to slack off and take it easy.

"I would like to see the area the pride is currently residing though. At least our furthest reaches and perhaps meet the other leaders." He said wanting to get to know who he would be answering to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:59 pm
He gave a distant and thoughtful "Mm" in response. Ahlaq was hesitant to make quick judgements about an individual, but didn't see anything in Budek that would suggest that his taking of the role wouldn't work out. Besides, there were plenty of males in the pride, now. Some rogues wouldn't be a problem as far as safety was concerned. Whether or not he would be able to hold off males interested in deposing him would be a different question. One that time could only answer.

"As you wish," Ahlaq responded, motioning forward with his head. "Some of the females should be gathered up ahead. They like to rest midday when the sun as at its highest. Umkhombo and Faust should be nearby. I'll take you to meet them first."

And with that he led them forward. He'd spent enough effort bringing this Inselelo in. Hopefully he'd last.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:59 pm
"Sounds like a plan to me." He followed after him excited to learn more.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games