[PRP] Dragon Cubs [Attor x Gjenferd]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:45 pm
Gjernferd once again had snuck off from his day to day family life. He loved being around his family a great deal, however, having as many sisters as he had often gave him reason to go off on his own. Sure, all of them were stormborn and truly tough but it was different when you were a boy. At least Gjernferd felt that way. He needed his space to breath and shake off some of the frustrations of being the only son.

Today that time was to be spent at the top of a cliff where he planned on catching some lizards for a snack and also to sharpen his hunting skills and combat skills. The top of this particular cliff was pretty ripe with lizard activity during this time of day. Gjernferd was pretty sure a large colony had set up home there and it meant good snacking.

The albino cub hid behind a rock as he watched a few lizards skitter scatter about. They were quick and the trick was not to go after them until they were resting for at least a little while. Today they seemed more active than usual which frustrated the cub. He had been waiting at least fifteen minutes for one to settle down so he could pounce the darned thing but none had. Fifteen minutes to a cub could have been an eternity as far as Gjernferd was concerned. Finally frustrated and having enough with waiting the albino cub decided to try his luck and pounce one of the creatures. Not surprising the lizards scattered to every nook and cranny the cliff had to offer as far as hiding places leaving Gjernferd looking foolish and with no snack.

He grumbled some cub level curses under his breath and swiped the dusty ground with a clawed paw.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 pm
A small laugh bubbled up nearby, attached to a cub as bright as Gjernferd as pale. Attor wasn't trying to mock the other youngling but the pounce and following scrape of the earth in defeat was too much - it did look quite silly! He was sure he probably wouldn't have done much better if he'd tried but it was too hard to control impulses for such a young heart.

"They are too fast!"

He finished his march up the hill as he called out to him, at last able to stand on even footing with the albino cub. Around him he could hear the lizards as they skittered and dove for cover, scrabbling under rocks and into the tiny crevices their lands were so known for.

"I could help if you want! I've never caught a lizard," or ever tried, though he didn't say that, "but I'm sure we could figure it out if we tried, right?"

The purple cub leaped up onto the rock that the paler one had been hiding behind not moments before, trying to appear tougher than he was.

"I'm Attor!"

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:33 pm
Felyn

Laughter had Gjernferd stiffen. Some one had seen what a fool he'd been made by the lizards. He turned his head slowly to find another boy which made it a little more embarrassing. The other boy didn't seem to be too concerned with his failure which was a relief.

"I'm .. I'm Gjernferd," Usually he wasn't overly shy but given the embarrassment he was a little more on the meek side still processing a few things.

"O-oh. I've caught a few. I just... got sand in my eye and missed is all," There it was the masculinity trying to save face. In truth he had caught a few lizards before but a lot of it wasn't due to skill and had more to do with cub clumsy luck.

"Oh? Yeah. They are fast. How would you deal with it? I mean I know you said you've never caught one before but ... My eye is bothering me and all so maybe you should take the lead." He desperately wanted to impress this other male for some reason. It was strange as he never felt this need to prove him self with his family. This was the first interaction with a male cub and it was strange how badly he wanted Attor's approval.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:24 am
If Attor noticed anything odd about the other cub's behavior, he didn't show it. He was happy to take the creative lead and made a great show of thinking as he considered the options. His eyes squinted as he surveyed the rock outcrop from his perch and his maw pursed.

"Well, maybe.." he began, stepping off the rock and walking a quick circle around it instead, "maybe if we set up a trap? One of us could run at them and then drive them to the other one? If they've got nowhere safe to go then it should be a lot easier!"

He punctuated the declaration with a proud smile and a stomp of his paw although, belatedly, he realized that there were still none even in sight anymore. The smile faltered and he turned a suddenly concerned look on Gjernferd.

"Do you think maybe they're too scare for that now, though? Are there more.. somewhere else?"

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:49 pm
Felyn

Gjernferd had to agree that a trap sounded like a great idea and he wasn't sure why he hadn't thought of that before. "What kind of ... Oh.. You're right they all scurried away?!" The cub began to knock over rocks recklessly to see that there was nothing underneath. This was concerning that he'd scared the lizards so bad that they all had scurried away.

"I suppose we should look in a different spot," He looked around deep in thought. Where would the lizards be aside from the cliff was the big question that these two boys needed to answer.

"I bet .... I bet we could find more by the shore. Maybe they got scared and went towards the beach...?" Gjernferd was a little unsure of his reasoning. "Worst case we can smash some crabs and snack on that." He offered.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 am
As his new pale friend began to upturn rocks, Attor followed his lead, pushing them aside and looking for any sign of the little critters hiding. How did they get away so stinking fast?

"The beach!" he exclaimed in excited agreement, even if he was no more sure that they would find them there. He had never thought to hunt lizards before if he was being very honest and he would have followed Gjernferd into a volcano at that point if he had been certain that they would find some there. The brightly colored male picked his nose up and turned immediately the way he had come, thrilled with the notion of bounding down to the shore.

"Wanna race?" a playful grin was in place, front paws already set to propel himself forward so he could have the upper paw.

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 pm
Felyn

Gjernferds face glowed a bit at the idea of having a race. His childish masculinity could not refuse such a contest. He got down in a playful bow with his paws spread out.

"Yeaaaaah!" He exclaimed. "Lets have a race and see who's fastest. Loser is an elephants trunk!" Honestly Gjernferd wasn't even sure what he just said but it felt right so he went with that. If anyone asked him by what he meant by that he'd probably challenge them to come up with a better insult as a way to get out of explaining his life choices of making such a stupid insult.

((Do you want to game-a-fy this with a dice roll? Like 10 sided dice - highest roll wins - if its a draw - then its a tie ? : P Herp a derp))  
Felyn rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 pm
Attor did, in fact, open his bright little jaws to ask Gjernferd exactly what an elephant's trunk was but then immediately thought better of it. What if that was something so obvious that he would laugh at him for not knowing? He clamped his teeth around the question and did his best to grin instead.

"Y-yeah! An elephant's trunk!" The words started out unsure but ended with a convincing laugh, covering up his uncertainty. "I'll count it out, okay? We go on three!"

Certain that a fancy stance was the key to victory, Attor dipped low and sunk more and more into his haunches with each word that he spoke -

"One"

"Two"

"Three!"

At the mark, he sprung forward, eyes glued ahead of him - he didn't want to look and trip himself!

Alpaca Chobi
YES <3

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:24 am
Felyn
I am so sorry this is such a late reply.

"Okay." Gjenferd agreed that Attor should be the one to count. He took his own stance and readied him self. Every time Attor called out another number the pale cubs stance intensified and his focus deepened. Three was called out and the pale cub kicked him self off to chase for the finish.

But it wasn't meant to be. Attor was ahead and even as the pale cub did his best to pick up speed he couldn't bring him self to pull his speed to match Attors.

He skid to a stop with a new founded respect for the other.

"I guess that makes me an elephants trunk," He laughed.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:07 am
Attor was quick but not quite as graceful as the slightly older cub - he barreled forward with abandon which, in the end, gave him the edge in speed but ultimately meant he wasn't so good at coming to a stop. He tried to bring himself up carefully but instead tripped over his own clumsy paws and tumbled right into a patch of bushy foliage.

For a moment he was simply out of view and then, as he heard Gjenferd remark about being an elephant's trunk, a bubbling laugh resounded from within the greenery. His head popped out first, bits of leaves and twigs stuck haphazardly in his mane tuft.

"Yeah, a big ol' elephants trunk!" Whatever that was. Were they big? He hoped so.

He pulled himself out with a bit of a struggle, wrenching his bright paws free of clinging branches and roots, but he was already thinking ahead to their next plan. True to his nature, he never stood still too long.

Alpaca Chobi
It's okay! <3

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:46 am
Felyn

Gjenferd was laughing now to at the sight of Attor covered in leaves and twigs.

"Guess I am a big ol' elephant trunk," He had managed to not get covered in leaves and twigs which was on the bitter sweet side since he'd lost. He sat quite proud of him self and watched the other struggle for a moment before deciding to he would help. Gjenferd took a big mouth full of root and began to tug on it hard.

"How is it that roots and twigs stick to us so well," He mused out loud as if he was speaking out of experience. With one more hard pull he managed to snap a root. Gjenferd was quite proud of him self for such a deed.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:53 am
As the root snapped, he pulled his leg free with a deep relief and flashed a bright, pleased smile at the white cub.

"Thanks! And I have no idea but if my mom sees she is gonna LOSE IT."

The smile on his mug said he didn't particularly care too much and, if anything, thought it might have been funny to watch her fret about her son covered in leaves and debris. He reached up with a paw and fussed at his mane tuft long enough to get the worst of it out of his eyes before he turned his gaze toward the beach pointedly.

"Let's go hunt some lizards, okay? I bet there are tons," he chirped with his boyish, cub-like enthusiasm. In not time he was walking forward with a purpose, playing up the hunting stance he had seen older lions use before as he went.

They were going to catch so many lizards!

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:58 am
Felyn

There was a knowing look of 'I gotchu bro' on the pale lions face. He knew all to well of mothers and their tendencies to not be to happy with boys being boys and getting dirty. His white pelt made it incredibly easy to spot when he was off being rough.

The mention of lizards had the pale lion perk up quite a bit. Everything had come full circle and his mind was now back to where it had been from the start.

"Lizards yeah! Let's go find some !" The boys were off to go hunt some tasty snack lizards. Gjenferd couldn't have been more thrilled.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games